Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

We had it wrong this whole time. Peter isn't becoming Pertwee, he's becoming Tom. :stare:

Well it is the regeneration order!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Are the specials streaming anywhere? It seems Doctor Who isn't on Netflix, so I've been watching it on Amazon, but they skip straight from The Next Doctor to season 5. :(

Look up Doctor Who: The David Tennant Specials on amazon. I just looked they are there

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Thanks. :lol: that not even Amazon can classify the specials correctly. During the 100th anniversary special some kid is going to be asking "I'm doing a complete watchthrough (yes, including the pre-hologram years, before the Sixth Extinction), and I need help on figuring out which order the last five episodes of the David Tennant era aired."

It won't last that long, our glorious dalek overlords won't allow it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Into the middle of a pile of Ian Levine scripts it goes!

Just wanna chime in with my love for how Twin Peaks has handled that character. The scene where we (and the characters) learn about how he always knew things would turn out okay was just incredible. :)

Hammond of Texas?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

quote:

he then uses the word "decimate" correctly which meant he got a lifetime pass from me :swoon:

I thought it means only leaving 198 left?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jivjov posted:

The literal definition of decimate is to destroy/kill/whatever one in ten.

The X-men comics had bad science/english?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Crossover with legends of tomorrow

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Planet of the Dead is what happens when, given the option of bad Who or no Who, the former is chosen.

Would you rather have 18 months or is that to long to wait?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jivjov posted:

Ian Levine is such a rascal.

If he kills the doctor now then there is no chance of him being a woman!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TinTower posted:

The quality of companions is inversely proportional to their sexual attraction to the Doctor.

Go on, prove me wrong. :colbert:

Adric

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Martha had no especially strong sexual feelings about the Doctor.

Amy outright and overtly tried to gently caress him, more than once.

Martha was in love with him that was her sole characteristic

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

David Tennant rules :)

What does he know about Doctor Who?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Yes, but did he show up at someone's house to watch it?

https://twitter.com/DoctorSimeon/status/905817065893879809

They do not show the open bar

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vinylshadow posted:

Because Tom has the ability to insert himself into any photograph at any time and place

He's a bit like a Harry Potter photograph, able to flit from one picture to another

The more booze that's in the picture, the more likely he is to stop by and drink it all

I wonder if the pictures of the American Prohibition used to have more beer until he learned about it, which is why those pictures always look so bleak

That's explains why their is no booze in the paintings were that weird curator works

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

we want to smash her head in.

That's the doctor and cave men/people who slow him down

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

He was my first Doctor, so I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for his era. It doesn't hurt that a lot of his era loving ruled too!

Yeah there were too many 6-parters (and at least one 8-parter from memory?) and if you watch them back-to-back the plotting issues and recycled scenarios become more obvious, but it's still a really charming and fun time in the show's history.

You act like there is a serial that was two to three episodes of him being captured and then escaping on repeat

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

In overgrown baby news

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TinTower posted:

Didn't he have a hissy fit and flounce from the fandom over Jodie too?

He mentioned that as one of the reasons he is done with Who! He is such a Fucken child and now he wishes he never saved any episodes since they cast a wo-man and they did not use his version!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Davros1 posted:

I somehow think this isn't the last we'll hear of Levine's thoughts about Who

There is no way he will stop talking about it. It will either be fatman gloating or super nitpicking

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Two thoughts:

• The Green Death is really good. I remember being put off by the disgusting, yet goofy condom maggots and green screen, but the environmentalist scientists against the mindlessly profit-driven corporation is fun, and the computer villain is absurd in the most enjoyable kind of way. I also like that the Doctor finally gets to Metebelis Three, but Jo doesn't even come along for the ride, and all that happens is he gets attacked by a bunch of monsters and brings back a rock. It's dated, sure, but it's a good serial.
  • The TARDIS prop in The Time Warrior is hanging on for dear life. It looks like if Pertwee slams the door, or maybe just yells too loudly, it's just going to collapse completely.

Green death is also the start of the end of Pertwre, as his action lead to his death

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

docbeard posted:

Anyone who was annoyed and upset by this, I implore you to seek out the Scandal In Bohemia episode of The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes (the one with Jeremy Brett).

Also anyone who wasn't.

Or if you like some beastlity wishbone has an episode about it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Micael Caine and Ben Kingsley starred in a fun Holmes film called "Without a Clue" where it turns out Watson is the brilliant detective who turns his adventures into stories starring a fictional detective name Holmes. When the public demanded to meet Holmes, he hired an out of work actor to play Holmes.

Iron Man 3?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Cleretic posted:

You know what, any Worlds' Fair would probably be a good setting for a Who episode. It's exactly the sort of event the Doctor would love enough to go to, they usually had some really impressive imagery, and is a perfect setting for 'here's some humans trying to pass off alien tech as their own, this is awfully suspicious'.

One that came to mind as, if not a setting, at least a starting point to base a fuller story off of, is D.B. Cooper. That story already sounds like a scene from a very complicated story, divorced from any context.

The master visits the world fair in Chicago and his tardis is a hotel!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vinylshadow posted:

When Tom Baker smiles it's hard to tell whether it's genuine or he's three seconds away from tearing your civilization apart at the seams

I suspect it depends on his blood-alcohol level

He has blood in his alcohol?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

What for, though? He discovered some lost episodes in the 80s, but what has he done for Doctor Who since that's impressed people?

Doctor in distress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jivjov posted:

And it's hard to be upset when the man himself does it.

And everyone thought he was full of it since he is Tom Baker

• Locked thread