Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
gently caress YEA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

hey priormarcus

ya basic

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Her name being "Whittaker" (TWO 'T's!) is very appropriate. How mercurial.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

Why? I never opposed a female Doctor? She's a great choice.

You insinuated that you knew one wasn't happening.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/IanLevine/status/886621715505311744

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't remember people being SUPER upset but maybe that's because I don't really have much to do with other Doctor Who fans other than folks in this thread.

TARDIS wiki (or whatever you call it - the one we slag off whenever people bring it up) took a loooooooong time to acknowledge Missy as an incarnation of the Master on their Master page but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's because they're colossal grognards rather than because they were being sexist. :shrug:

there is no distinction between grognard canon-worship and institutionalized bigotry

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

<- The only Doctor Nude that should ever be posted is this one over here.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

holy poo poo that's actually horrifying

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

toanoradian posted:

Because of that Clara is the only companion who've seen every Doctor and is also the most important companion.

Heck off. The whole climax of the Impossible Girl plot is that "The Impossible Girl" is a Manic Pixie Dream Girl fantasy that the Doctor focuses on instead of treating Clara like the real person she is. She's only "important" because she makes sacrifices and aspires to Doctorishness in a way few past Companions have - but when female characters exhibit the same character traits as Matt Smith or Peter Capaldi's Doctors, they're "arrogant" or "reckless" or "shrill".

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'll have to get it when I get paid on Friday!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

How'd you manage the Christmases without Chimes of Midnight?

It just wouldn't be Christmas!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Spare Parts

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Regarding Murray Gold themes: I enjoyed the theme tune during Capaldi's tenure much more than Smith's versions and the God-awful Series 4 version. I like 'The Chase', though, and hopefully that bit of the theme continues with Whittaker's Doctor.

bring back the middle eight, cowards

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

the tv movie was right. the middle eight should be the start

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

yeah that's like saying "evelyn smythe was better than rose", that's obvious

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

garf body pam head

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's also got The Only Other Chair On Skaro.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

He's actually quite good. He's a little higher and more youthful sounding in voice than the original actor, but still great. And his accent is a million times better than whoever is doing Glumgold (for obvious reasons).

Glomgold is Craig Ferguson.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Ihe murderous hatred fans in this very thread have for River Song is bizarre and a little horrifying. Oh no, a middle-aged woman appears a little too often during a season that didn't quite stick the landing, let's be extra clear how much we want to smash her head in.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Kids get the same treatment. It's exhausting.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

hello new, horrible avatar

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I think Capaldi is going to take a long time away before he considers Big Finish, based on things he's said in interviews.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I have a feeling it's going to be more nuanced than information hitherto released would suggest.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I personally have enjoyed this catharsis of spurious morality

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Jet Jaguar posted:

One of my favorite moments is when they run into Barrowman, with his secret wife and kid. And CDs full of showtunes.

not just "CDs full of showtunes"

piles and piles of unsold Barrowman vanity albums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Really glad I could afford to participate in the DWSS this year - having a real income has many privileges, but perhaps the best part is the opportunity to be generous.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's gifts.

• Locked thread