Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
USA?
This poll is closed.
USA! 4 12.50%
The South Will Rise Again :mad: 5 15.63%
USSR #1 11 34.38%
Canada also had a National Day recently... :shobon: 12 37.50%
Total: 32 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown is on tonight, but it's also July 4th so I imagine a lot of our American posters are doing whatever Americans do on July 4th.... setting off fireworks and invading Cuba and the like.

Featured on the show tonight:

New Day/Usos Rap Battle
SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos will get the chance to prove that they are truly better at everything than The New Day on the July 4 edition of SmackDown LIVE when the two teams trade bars in a Rap Battle. Jimmy & Jey Uso were feeling extra cocky after defeating The Hype Bros last week, preventing Mojo Rawley & Zack Ryder from earning an opportunity at their titles. After the match, The New Day arrived to reveal that they would be challenging for The Usos’ titles at WWE Battleground. The confrontation took a turn for the lyrical when the champions dropped a rhyme on their challenges, and The New Day responded in kind. But tonight on SmackDown LIVE, who will bring the super-hot rhymes and extinguish the competition?

Independence Day Battle Royal
United States Champion Kevin Owens’ opponent for WWE Battleground on Sunday, July 23 will be determined tonight in an Independence Day Battle Royal on SmackDown LIVE. AJ Styles has made it clear in recent weeks that he is coming after Owens, as he wants to represent the United States as its champion. The New Face of America gloated that The Phenomenal One would never get to answer his open challenge because he doesn’t deserve it. However, SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan, who saw things a little differently than Owens, expanded the list of potential challengers to Owens’ title, much to the chagrin of KO. Now, some of SmackDown LIVE’s top competitors will face off in an over-the-top-rope melee for an opportunity at Owens’ prize. Can Styles earn the chance he’s been looking for, or will a new Superstar emerge from the pack to challenge the United States Champion? Find out tonight on the July 4 edition of SmackDown LIVE at 8/7 C on USA Network!

JOHN CENA!
The Cenation Leader, who is now a Free Agent, returns to WWE tonight, when SmackDown LIVE airs on Independence Day. Cena has not been seen on WWE television since WrestleMania 33, when he famously proposed to Nikki Bella. What will the 16-time World Champion have to say about the state of the blue brand upon his return?

Naomi vs. Lana Rematch
After making claims of a controversial ending in her previous title opportunity, Lana has been granted another chance to challenge SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi tonight on SmackDown LIVE. Shortly after her quick defeat at the hands of Naomi last Tuesday, Lana took to Twitter and pointed out that her shoulder was off the mat as the champion pinned her for the three-count, also throwing some shade at the referees and WWE officials in the process. To clear things up once and for all, SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan announced on Friday that The Ravishing Russian will get another opportunity to prove herself against Naomi. Will Naomi once again dash Lana’s championship dreams, or will the third time be a charm in The Ravishing Russian’s quest to claim the SmackDown Women’s Title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Rusev spotted in ring gear. That is enough that people should watch.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is this the the real deal thread for spicey wrestling? i may never see it again, but i am shouting Out my feelings

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

what i want: Rusev returns to win the US title

what i will probably get: John Cena returns to win the US title

WHATEVER. USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Hell yeah let's get this fuckin' thread to 2 pages :toot:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Hell yeah let's get this fuckin' thread to 2 pages :toot:
i believe in the power of the good posters to at least defeat the lesser thread from last night

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ive never watched a full episode of NCIS but this episode had jessica walter on it so now i kinda wish i did

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

dromal phrenia posted:

i believe in the power of the good posters to at least defeat the lesser thread from last night

I feel that this is a thing we can most definitely accomplish as a team.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

ive never watched a full episode of NCIS but this episode had jessica walter on it so now i kinda wish i did

Don't be fooled, she just wanted the money to finance her drinking (she is an American hero)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

I feel that this is a thing we can most definitely accomplish as a team.
im so sorry heath didnt win last night :( but he was dang close, in just a few years he will have ALL THE BELTS

it's starting :neckbeard:

bartok
May 10, 2006

They also got the Jump to Conclusions guy from Office Space. All the stars come out for NCIS!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well this is a good start to the show, I'm hyped!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
America. :toot:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

TWO HUNDRED FORTY ONE YEARS

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The (former) Champ is here!

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Lana and Rusev should win belts tonight

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

A real human being

And a real hero

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
John Cena really doesn't need an intro.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
John Cena is ok

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

RED WHITE AND BLUE ROPES!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

chanting usa is so fun y'all

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
R-R-R-R-R-RAAAAAAAAPADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
*the Colons sneak out in redcoat attire*

WHO'D LIKE TO BUY A TIMESHARE IN WALES??

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
You guys deserve a picture of Bella.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

RED WHITE AND BLUE ROPES!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

chanting usa is so fun y'all

Legit hope Hacksaw Jim Duggan shows up tonight.

Writer Cath posted:

You guys deserve a picture of Bella.

Good dog :)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i really expected cena would come out after a kevin owens open challenge, yaknow, as a reversal of how KO came out for a Cena open challenge and also to get the US Title back on an American

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dolph Ziggler has just been compromised to a permanent end

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

dromal phrenia posted:

im so sorry heath didnt win last night :( but he was dang close, in just a few years he will have ALL THE BELTS

it's starting :neckbeard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is Cena gonna talk about aliens?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
happy what will probably be your last birthday america

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bartok posted:

Dolph Ziggler has just been compromised to a permanent end

Crowd gathers to sing and dance the night away outside of Titan Towers.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
How dare they boo John Cena on this, the day of America.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

lol that's BASICALLY what america was built on sure

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

happy what will probably be your last birthday america

AMERICA CAN NEVER DIE

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This crowd isn't very good at chanting clearly.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

dromal phrenia posted:

what i will probably get: John Cena returns to win the US title

I hope not, sick of people getting title shots out of nowhere and cheapening the meaning

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

dromal phrenia posted:

AMERICA CAN NEVER DIE

trump: hold my beer

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cena about to publicly back Donald Trump and start rounding up illegal immigrants in the cowd. Starting with Nikki. (So he doesn't have to get married)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

this stupid crowd should have been chanting USA USA USA USA this entire time :mad:

bartok
May 10, 2006

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I hope not, sick of people getting title shots out of nowhere and cheapening the meaning

What has this Cena guy done to deserve a title shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Cena's starting to look so out of place in his primary coloured shirts.

• Locked thread