Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

so I went to a microcenter first and checked out an xps15 w/ 1050 gpu in person and man- those bezels were 🔥🔥🔥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

going to mall of America tomorrow to see the razer in person. with any luck a poo poo rear end nerd with cystic acne will dip his finger in fetid anime rear end-sweat and spread it across my brow. only then will I truly understand the YOSPOS secret

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the razer is gonna be bad. also the tiny bezels on the xps15 will ruin all other laptops for you forever

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Rex-Goliath posted:

going to mall of America tomorrow to see the razer in person. with any luck a poo poo rear end nerd with cystic acne will dip his finger in fetid anime rear end-sweat and spread it across my brow. only then will I truly understand the YOSPOS secret

Don't sign your post in the middle of your post bitch

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

emoji posted:

Don't sign your post in the middle of your post bitch

lol

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
a non technical woman and i were watching silicon valley and when the razer
laptop was featured she mentioned it looked cool so i dunno anymore

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dongslayer. posted:

:sever:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

does she have an anroid phone?

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

mishaq posted:

all gnu/windows laptops are bad, friend

are thinkpads still any good

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

mishaq posted:

does she have an anroid phone?

this is crazy but nope

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

There Will Be Penalty posted:

every time i undock, at least three applications hard freeze. every time.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

"first you get the razer, then you get the chicks" ~trey parker

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

There Will Be Penalty posted:

god no. thinkpads are horrible. i mean a guess as far as laptops go they are above average on the horrible totem pole but its gunna be a YMMV significantly deal.

several of my friends and i got a t430 during a blackfriday sale and all of them had serious problems in under a year. i had to piecemeal replace almost every component and still had some major cap short out on it and just gave up. later models are supposedly p bad now too

definitely avoid anything that isn't the T-series, and even then don't get a t-series

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i cant believe u would post such a savage own. have some mercy you monster

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

basically what rex is trying to say is...

sned the yostop

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

my bitter bi rival posted:

xps trackpads are soooo bad.

this is a lie

Rex-Goliath posted:

only other option is a plasticky asus that looks like a clown.

if Apple would just get it over already and build nvidea MacBooks pro I'd go with that but alas

you're in a thread called "XPS15", why not take the advise from the title to heart

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26925/Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-File?v=t

new microcode out that fixes that kaby lake/skylake hyperthreading bug finally out

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Dongslayer. posted:

tbf a lot of technology goes for "sleek" in a way that instead comes off as incredibly dull. plus gamer laptops are ugly as poo poo in the way like over-the-top sports cars are, and in a similar way a stylish woman could likely actually just pull it off

the xps15 notably sort of ticks the boxes on being a good size/weight/thickness for the hardware it packs, and has a bunch of metal and feels sturdy, but it is still incredibly drab and uninspired

if i didn't already look like a tool by nature i would seriously consider the microsoft carpet computer in some wacky color

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Skim Milk posted:

basically what rex is trying to say is...

sned the yostop

someone

plz

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

tbf a lot of technology goes for "sleek" in a way that instead comes off as incredibly dull. plus gamer laptops are ugly as poo poo in the way like over-the-top sports cars are, and in a similar way a stylish woman could likely actually just pull it off

the xps15 notably sort of ticks the boxes on being a good size/weight/thickness for the hardware it packs, and has a bunch of metal and feels sturdy, but it is still incredibly drab and uninspired

if i didn't already look like a tool by nature i would seriously consider the microsoft carpet computer in some wacky color

yeah this. I guess I could just slap a shitload of stickers on it and it'd sort of even it out

the other laptop I was looking at was the aero but that looked like a clown as well plus it wasn't as well made. it's basically the xps15 or the razer now

ffs Apple just loving get over yourself already

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Rex-Goliath posted:

I went in a razer store with a friend of mine and when we walked in I joked "I bet the sales guy only talks to me" and lo and behold even though I was standing there staring at my phone and she was actually looking at mice two different sales guys came up to me and none talked to her

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

qirex posted:

I went in a razer store with a friend of mine and when we walked in I joked "I bet the sales guy only talks to me" and lo and behold even though I was standing there staring at my phone and she was actually looking at mice two different sales guys came up to me and none talked to her
:females:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

qirex posted:

razer store

wait what really

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SO DEMANDING posted:

wait what really

i for some reason did not connect people tallking about razerstore to be the actual deatheater led mouse guys, and i just had the same epiphany :(

there is one nearm e apparently, time to go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bru0q8g6XWE

im the incredibly dark room lit by green leds so no one can see how ugly i am like its Q-zar lazer-zone 1994

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Tankakern posted:

this is a lie

its not. even the old m3800 trackpads feel less cheap and finnicky than the trackpad on an xps 15.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the xps15 touchpad is the best one, but I also don't have motor control problems so I'm capable of using tap to click.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

my bitter bi rival posted:

xps trackpads are soooo bad.

i think you'll find that in fact, all trackpads are bad

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

i think you'll find that in fact, all trackpads are bad

mac trackpads are excellent and have ruined every other laptop for me forever.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mac trackpads are only good if you're running windows on them

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Apple did a really bad job on the Windows drivers for the trackpad but that's what the MX Master is for when using Windows on a Mac.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shaggar posted:

mac trackpads are only good if you're running windows on them

i think youve adopted a lot of these fanatical opinions as an affectation more than anything else.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mousing in osx is a nightmare whether its touchpad or proper mouse

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

mousing in osx is a nightmare whether its touchpad or proper mouse

shaggar you should maybe see a neurologist if you're having trouble using a mouse :ohdear:

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
osx is the only os made for a mouse anymore, windows added so much white space with metro it doesnt show more than 10 things at 1200p maximized

wait that's why shaggar hates 16:9, he has to scroll the bloated metro ui

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

shaggar you should maybe see a neurologist if you're having trouble using a mouse :ohdear:

I don't have problems on oses designed for use w/ mice. osx just has the worst cursor feel int he world.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Xaris posted:

i for some reason did not connect people tallking about razerstore to be the actual deatheater led mouse guys, and i just had the same epiphany :(

there is one nearm e apparently, time to go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bru0q8g6XWE

im the incredibly dark room lit by green leds so no one can see how ugly i am like its Q-zar lazer-zone 1994

this is an apple store run through unreal engine

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
pc gaming is properly done on desktops

if you want to play high quality games on the go, nintendo has a variety of portable gaming devices including the new nintendo switch

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

this thread is just packed with quality consumer advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i had a gaming laptop when i was on the road constantly and my only respite from being in bumfuck nowhere was video game and alcohol. now it sits in a corner

• Locked thread