Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LongDarkNight posted:

I want to see Trump try his "alpha male" handshake trick and get judo flipped by Pootie.

As if Trump would ever try to be dominant over Putin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

maybe 'ol rick perry means he's going to create the demand by banning all other forms of energy

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Reverand maynard posted:

maybe 'ol rick perry means he's going to create the demand by banning all other forms of energy

I'm dead certain that he'd ban the poo poo out of any form of energy not endorsed by his buddies in the fossil fuel industry if he thought that he could get away with it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
You see guys, Solar energy is causing the world to heat up. Creating this thing known as 'global warming' I don't know if you've heard about it. But it's horrible let me tell you. We need to ban this at once and stick to good clean energy like Coal.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ded posted:

You see guys, Solar energy is causing the world to heat up. Creating this thing known as 'global warming' I don't know if you've heard about it. But it's horrible let me tell you. We need to ban this at once and stick to good clean energy like Coal.

I've actually heard people claim that solar panels contribute to global warming because they reflect the heat back into the air :suicide:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Wind farms steal the wind! Wind makes the air cooler, so wind farms are causing global warming (which doesn't exist anyway.)

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Nope!!

Literature reviews and peer reviewed scientific articles confirm the symptoms associated with low frequency noise exposure include annoyance, stress, sleep disturbance, headaches, difficulty concentrating, irritability, fatigue, dizziness or vertigo, tinnitus, heart ailments anxiety, stitch and beating palpitation.

You should totally click that link.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

sounds like the side effects of cocaine use to me

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Reverand maynard posted:

Close.

They are trying to reduce the usage of alternative fuels and energy.

I can't find the story on it I read earlier but it was much more in-depth and had a neat side bar about how its partially influenced by Putin wanting higher oil prices. The quote was something to the effect of Trump having to rig the markets because "Putin needs his $86 a barrel".

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Illinois has passed a budget.

Rauner's veto was overriden and a permanent income and corporate tax increase was just established. This puts the state income tax at 4.95% (up from 3.25%) and the corporate tax rate is now 7% (up from 5-something% who cares gently caress 'em).

poo poo all started because a temporary tax rate hike (which put the income tax rate at 5% instead of the now-4.95%) ended the year Rauner got elected and he's been playing gently caress-gently caress games ever since, trying to destroy unions.

I feel a little better.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Unions are bad because people don't actually WANT job security. They want to work hard for what they get. Unions encourage lazy workers because they know they are safe and have real benefits. Americans want to EARN their benefits not have them handed to them.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
its called FREEDOM to work ok

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

its called FREEDOM to work ok

So what you're saying is that work makes you free?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

ded posted:

Unions are bad because people don't actually WANT job security. They want to work hard for what they get. Unions encourage lazy workers because they know they are safe and have real benefits. Americans want to EARN their benefits not have them handed to them.

Except for cops and athletes, then unions are a-ok.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Arcella posted:

Except for cops and athletes, then unions are a-ok.

Nah people hate athletes unions too because those uppity you know what's are always gonna strike for more money because they're greedy thugs

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Nah people hate athletes unions too because those uppity you know what's are always gonna strike for more money because they're greedy thugs

Yeah, them greedy Athletes always looking out for more money.

Never mind that in the NFL roughly half of the money goes to 31 owners(not sure how the Packers work) and the other half goes to like 1920 players. But the players are greedy.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

Never mind that in the NFL roughly half of the money goes to 31 owners(not sure how the Packers work) and the other half goes to like 1920 players. But the players are greedy.

:capitalism:

The NFL Payer's Association is packed with idiots.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Flikken posted:

working as intended

obviously most of the wealth goes to the owners, they're the job creators

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It's not like the players are the ones who put the money forward to pay for the stadiums they play in.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

:capitalism:

The NFL Payer's Association is packed with idiots.

If you consider that the median NFL player only plays for a couple years it makes more sense - a strike canceling a season will cost them half of their earnings. Or all of them.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

LingcodKilla posted:

It's not like the players are the ones who put the money forward to pay for the stadiums they play in.

Are you serious?

http://www.businessinsider.com/who-pays-for-nfl-stadiums-2016-6

Flikken fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 7, 2017

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

without reading the article: thats the joke you dense motherfucker

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

If you consider that the median NFL player only plays for a couple years it makes more sense - a strike canceling a season will cost them half of their earnings. Or all of them.

Yeah, but you'd think that they'd look at the crazy paydays that the NBA is raking in and decide that they want in on that.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Handsome Ralph posted:

but I've mentioned it a few times in the states and I've had a couple of people tell me that I'm being racist for thinking that :rolleyes:

Yeah the Seattle thread no joke went down that road in regards to Vancouver and Seattle properties/ownership. :rolleyes::respek::rolleyes:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, but you'd think that they'd look at the crazy paydays that the NBA is raking in and decide that they want in on that.

5 starters vs. 22 (+ special teams)makes a pretty big difference

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Collectively yes; but again half the people in the NFLPA when voting for a strike would be voting to make 0 out of their football career instead of 465k

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

without reading the article: thats the joke you dense motherfucker

Woosh!

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
lol

https://twitter.com/independent/status/882984665308639233

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol DTS has issues.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

It's not his fault, he's never had to deal with a full hotel :(

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Isn't there this whole Secret Service advance team that ensures wherever the president is staying is safe and secure? Is that yet another element donnie is failing to staff?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Yeah, "forgot"

I have no doubt in my mind that he best part about his presidency is going to be hearing about all the micro-aggressions and passive BS people do to make him just a little miserable.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

anyone else watch maddow tonight? poo poo is kinda crazy

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol DTS has issues.

goddamn

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BaconAndBullets posted:

Isn't there this whole Secret Service advance team that ensures wherever the president is staying is safe and secure? Is that yet another element donnie is failing to staff?

Not anymore. State is hosed beyond belief because of his and Tillerson's mismanagement.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Someone has to be loving with him at this point

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Zeroisanumber posted:

Not anymore. State is hosed beyond belief because of his and Tillerson's mismanagement.

I've said it before, but this is the kind of poo poo that makes me genuinely pissed off. It took loving decades, gallons of blood and sweat, the efforts of some of the best diplomatic minds this nation has ever seen, countless treasure, and a shitton of luck to grant the United States the preeminent position it holds at the top of the world, and these loving morons are pissing it all away for absolutely nothing.

Christ loving almighty it makes me mad.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I've said it before, but this is the kind of poo poo that makes me genuinely pissed off. It took loving decades, gallons of blood and sweat, the efforts of some of the best diplomatic minds this nation has ever seen, countless treasure, and a shitton of luck to grant the United States the preeminent position it holds at the top of the world, and these loving morons are pissing it all away for absolutely nothing.

Christ loving almighty it makes me mad.

They dismissed the entire training class of FSO's, telling them that they aren't needed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Zeroisanumber posted:

They dismissed the entire training class of FSO's, telling them that they aren't needed.

Yep. Millions of dollars and years of time spent training up the nation's best and most dedicated talent. For. loving. Nothing.

Christ. I mean, just... Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yep. Millions of dollars and years of time spent training up the nation's best and most dedicated talent. For. loving. Nothing.

Christ. I mean, just... Christ.

In their mind it has great value.

It makes liberals mad.

• Locked thread