Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I can see Russia from my back porch and I didn't see election interference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i just can't wait for renewable energy to turbo gently caress russia and the saudis

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
I guess the 14 word save is,
“Let us all fight like the Poles. For family, freedom, for country, for God.”
http://www.youngcons.com/while-overseas-trump-hails-populist-poland-declares-west-must-defend-civilization-and-faith/?ref=FacebookPost

Which wasn't quite what Trump said,
So, together, let us all fight like the Poles -- for family, for freedom, for country, and for God.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/06/politics/trump-speech-poland-transcript/
Which just makes clearer the intent of the dogwhistle and less plausible the "oh, no, we certainly didn't mean that." (teeheehee)

joat mon fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 7, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/NavalInstitute/status/883308359746818049

You guys ready for Hyperwar?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

That fire's not gonna know what hit it.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Bah Gawd someone rename me RIOT HORSE tia

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

http://i.imgur.com/uUJHaGg.mp4

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40539535

So how long do you think this latest Syrian ceasefire will last?

psydude posted:

On a lighter note, apparently Scott Walker is has the world's most milquetoast Instagram feed, and it's hilarious for reasons that remain a mystery to science.

This is next level.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There was a report about a flight where a flight attendant took a bottle of wine and smashed it over a passenger's head.

I didn't really believe it or figured there was more to it.

I now believe it. There was more to it.

OF COURSE IT WAS A loving FLORIDA MAN

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/883495392805085185

quote:

A 23-year-old Florida man on a Thursday flight from Seattle to Beijing tried to open a exit door on the airborne Boeing 767, sparking a wild brawl with flight attendants and passengers who used wine bottles and zip ties to subdue the combative man, according to a federal complaint.

Joseph D. Hudek IV was charged Friday with one count of interference with flight crew members for allegedly assaulting two flight attendants on Delta Air Lines Flight 129. He is expected to remain in federal custody until a detention hearing scheduled for Thursday. Hudek appeared for a hearing Friday in U.S. District Court in Seattle, wearing a beige jail uniform and sporting a scrape or bruise below his right eye.

About an hour into the flight, Hudek briefly went into the lavatory, according to the complaint. He then went back out and asked one of the flight attendants a question in the galley area, the complaint says. Hudek returned to the lavatory for approximately two minutes. After he walked out he lunged toward the emergency exit door, grabbed the handle and tried to open it, the complaint alleges. The flight attendant and a second flight attendant tried to subdue him, but Hudek allegedly shoved them away and moved the emergency release lever halfway up.

One flight attendant later reported that the door could have opened if it was fully disarmed at the altitude they were flying over the northwest end of Vancouver Island, B.C.

Attendants turned to passengers for help as one of them called the cockpit to alert the flight crew of the emergency. The pilot notified the Federal Aviation Administration of the threat, and the flight carrying 210 passengers and 11 crew was diverted back to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Meanwhile, Hudek allegedly punched one of the attendants twice in the face, hit a male passenger in the head with a red dessert-wine bottle and punched him several times. A flight attendant grabbed two wine bottles and hit Hudek with both, breaking one over his head.

According to the criminal complaint, Hudek was undeterred by impact of the 1-liter red-wine bottle and asked, “Do you know who I am?”

It’s unclear what Hudek meant by that.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
A human can't force open a door that swings on a hinge when it's being held shut by the force of an airplane flying at 700 mph, but Florida Man still tried.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zeroisanumber posted:

A human can't force open a door that swings on a hinge when it's being held shut by the force of an airplane flying at 700 mph, but Florida Man still tried.

I thought those doors popped out with no hinges, based on the safety cards?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wasn't air force so correct me if I'm wrong, aren't planes at those altitudes pressurized? Air gets pretty thin up there from what I understand.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RFC2324 posted:

I thought those doors popped out with no hinges, based on the safety cards?

I'm almost certain that it has a hinge because not having one seems like a real bad idea, but I don't know enough to say right off the top of my head.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
The 767 door slides upwards on a roller track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW7Ubml_vOQ

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I mean, in any case, the article speficially mentions the plane was at a low altitude, and that it could have opened had the safety system been disabled.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird food bathtub posted:

Wasn't air force so correct me if I'm wrong, aren't planes at those altitudes pressurized? Air gets pretty thin up there from what I understand.

Typically the cabin is pressurized at something like 6000-8000 feet. Above 10000 you definitely want to be pressurized (and heated).

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
If their doors work like ours, the opening mechanism is coupled to a pressure plate in the door; when the cabin is pressurized, the internal air pressure acts on the plate, which resists attempts to open the door while the cabin is pressurized. The greater the difference between the cabin and the outside air pressure, the harder it is to open. I never tested it in flight, obviously.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Why does every Twitter post have to start with "BREAKING" now?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Dead Reckoning posted:

I never tested it in flight, obviously.

pussy

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

GoGoGadget posted:

Why does every Twitter post have to start with "BREAKING" now?

Converting twitter clicks to news article clicks.

Content: low-energy Donnie left the G-20 table a few times today for some reason, so he swapped in his most trusted advisor, his daughter. The G-20 Russian Sherpa then took this picture to embarrass him, then deleted it, but it was up long enough to hit all the news wires. Lots of BUT CHELSEA CLINTON reactions. https://twitter.com/RobertMackey/status/883681064174190592

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:what:

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
Ooh-rahg debil dawgs.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/...//longform.org/

"The next night, it happened again. Felix told Bourmeche to hand him his martial-arts belt. He tied Bourmeche’s shoelaces together, then took the belt, wrapped it around Bourmeche’s neck, strung it under his laces and tightened it so Bourmeche bent at the waist. ‘‘Are you a terrorist?’’ Felix held the end of the belt like a leash. He began to walk him like a dog. ‘‘Are you a spy?’’

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
~boys will be boys~ tradition oorah

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Sub headline: "is this really the only way to create a warrior?"

Maybe, maybe not.

I can think of about 4,000 preventable military deaths that nobody seems to worry about though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Those peoples families got checks and checks fix things according to every lawsuit commercial, so you don't have to feel guilty because they have sgli and the government and unpredictable circumstances etc etc.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

There was a report about a flight where a flight attendant took a bottle of wine and smashed it over a passenger's head.

I didn't really believe it or figured there was more to it.

I now believe it. There was more to it.

OF COURSE IT WAS A loving FLORIDA MAN

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/883495392805085185

Supposedly he was flying on a family member's dependent pass so the dykwim probably came from his mom being the gate agent of the month in April 2012 or something.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

If he wasn't white, would Fox be asking what his motivations were?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
How do we know he identified as white?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Manafort, Junior, and Douchebag met privately with a Russian lawyer with connections to Putin shortly after Trump claimed the nomination last year.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

Manafort, Junior, and Douchebag met privately with a Russian lawyer with connections to Putin shortly after Trump claimed the nomination last year.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Not advocating for anyone to give up, and I'm truly glad people are digging this poo poo up. At the very least a generally ineffective Trump presidency mired in controversy and covered in the stink of conspiracy is one of the better possible outcomes now that we're in this dark of a timeline.

....but really at this point it's become, I dunno, basically "president corrupt, so what?" It just feels like, "Oh again? Eh, let me know when the poo poo starts to stick and there's charges filed or something". At this point everyone either accepts how loving lovely he is, or has their head buried so far up Donald's rear end they're truly sucking his dick from the back. It's loving depressing to think, but I really don't see any new revelations swaying anyone that hasn't been already. By now anyone saying wishy-washy, "gee I dunno we should give him a chance and see where the investigation goes before we decide" stuff is just a lying gently caress stick that will not accept any evidence, ever, but they don't want to come out and say it.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'd like to remind you the unofficial CE thread motto for the last seven or so months is "nothing matters"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
I think the reason why nobody really cares is that Trump, for better or for worse, has surrounded himself by so many stupid and incompetent people that the threat has largely been contained.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC_qyywcVZk

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im very encouraged by whats been leaked about the mueller investigation

dude is taking it personal from what ive seen, and they are progressing extremely quickly on the financial side

mike pence is hosed btw. he knows it

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im very encouraged by whats been leaked about the mueller investigation

dude is taking it personal from what ive seen, and they are progressing extremely quickly on the financial side

mike pence is hosed btw. he knows it

Is there a set date by when they plan to be finished with the investigation and present their findings?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

aphid_licker posted:

Is there a set date by when they plan to be finished with the investigation and present their findings?

nothing. mueller is in control

the legal team he has gathered is ridiculously strong and grand jury stuff has been going down in the eastern va and new york courts. i think jersey too but w/e. the financial stuff has been ongoing in nyc and the russian stuff has been going through the rocket docket in eastern va

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

if i can be quite frank at this point trump is the truman show and the news is nothing but youtube react videos

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hope the poo poo he comes out with is smoking gun video tapes of bags with dollar signs on one side and "Rosneft" on the other with Trump personally putting them in a safe while saying, "Send my thanks to Putin for the bribes he just gave me" because it's all going to rely on Republicans doing anything other than quietly mumbling at their feet about how they're deeply concerned then saying "but her emails!" and loving welp, KildarX just covered the motto.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
A lot of americans will bow their heads and say "it was gods will" and be ok with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

aphid_licker posted:

By 2020, probably. Mueller is a fine grinder with a special remit from the JD, a basically unlimited budget, and the finest investigators of this generation. There is no way that he's going to rush this.

• Locked thread