Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

The new one with Neil. It’s a love letter to science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

ASAPI posted:

The new one with Neil. It’s a love letter to science.

I watch the old one sometimes when I feel sad and it makes me feel better

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Shout out to the real heroes on veterans day: dispensary drivers!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
loving blue states :argh:

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Do you think there was social and/or political pushback when the IED factories got shutdown in Iraq? Like do you think people protested and wrote their government officials about losing their sole source of income? How many kids do you think were planning on getting a job at the same factory as a parent?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I think if I get to my deathbed without an ex releasing a 10 minute version of a song she had to cut down because it was too mean, I'll be okay.

Hooboy.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I think if I get to my deathbed without an ex releasing a 10 minute version of a song she had to cut down because it was too mean, I'll be okay.

Hooboy.

Tell me you are listening to TayTay without telling me you are listening to TayTay

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bengy81 posted:

Tell me you are listening to Carly Simon without telling me you are listening to Carly Simon.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

You're so vain you think this post is about you!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
She only said it was about Warren Beatty like, somewhat recently. All the time prior I thought it was about James Taylor.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

bengy81 posted:

Tell me you are listening to TayTay without telling me you are listening to TayTay

Its me, the guy walking down the street at noon taking pulls off a box of wine.

Truthfully though, my favorite thing about the combination of the invention of Air Pods and hoodie/beanie szn is my ability to vibe in public in peace.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

She only said it was about Warren Beatty like, somewhat recently. All the time prior I thought it was about James Taylor.

I remember this happening and went and looked it up. It was 2015. HOWEVER, hilariously enough, apparently Carly Simon in 2013 told T-Swizzle after she promised not to tell anyone.

e: This also reminds of me of an interview Quincy Jones gave a few years ago in which he spilled an inordinate amount of gossip.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 14, 2021

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
worried about the vax? no problem! just get your shot and bathe in borox to get it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4K6yyBGmW0

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I have an idea for a college textbook: History while High.

You get really high and read a Wikipedia page about the old Europeans. I feel like they changed some things though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/motherboard/status/1440733683086888960

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I’m sorry but who the tuck are the Latter Day Saints?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Cenen posted:

I’m sorry but who the tuck are the Latter Day Saints?

Actual name of the Church of Mormons iirc

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Syrian Lannister posted:

Actual name of the Church of Mormons iirc

you do rc, the full name is "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

quote:

In the New Testament, Paul refers to early Christians as “saints” (Ephesians 1:1; 2 Corinthians 1:1). Believing that they lived near the time of the second coming of Jesus Christ, members of the restored Church of Christ called themselves “Latter-day Saints” to distinguish themselves from the Saints of former days.

It's a self-appointed title for joining the club.

So probably Joseph Smith and his merry band of cohorts that were murdered out of several states before bandwagoning west to a salty desert.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's a self-appointed title for joining the club.

And occasionally people who didn't join the club but are posthumously voted in, possibly against their own wishes.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Are Judd Apatow and Judd Nelson related?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
What about Judd Hirsch, or The Judds?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Oh, that reminds me of this week's highlight.

I have a coworker with the last name "Glass." She, and everyone else named Glass in the AF global, received an email from some SrA or A1C introducing himself and saying that it's an honor to share a last name with them all.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That reminds me of the last time I played fantasy football years ago and drafted everyone named Johnson I could.

I lost, but the gimmick was worth it because I don't care about fantasy football, and they didn't try to make me play again the next year.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Godholio posted:

I have a coworker with the last name "Glass." She, and everyone else named Glass in the AF global, received an email from some SrA or A1C introducing himself and saying that it's an honor to share a last name with them all.

Had a coworker who had a fairly uncommon last name and as an A1C emailed some random Major about it. I think he took it in good stride though.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Godholio posted:

To be honest, I feel that's kinda cute and wholesome

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jimmy Smuts posted:

To be honest, I feel that's kinda cute and wholesome

Yeah that's some fuckin' classic Radar poo poo.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Don’t know what happened to the chat thread but I just watched someone get carjacked. I ended up parking somewhere else. I don’t think I’m ever coming back to Bridgeport though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Cenen posted:

Don’t know what happened to the chat thread but I just watched someone get carjacked. I ended up parking somewhere else. I don’t think I’m ever coming back to Bridgeport though.

CT? lol

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Yuuup. Always heard it was a poo poo hole but I’d only been once pre-Covid and parked in the same spot and it was fine. Oh yeah don’t park in the Ralph and Rich’s parking lot I guess.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
The only reason to ever go to Bridgeport is to get to the ferry.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
The perfect crime is to film a Hollywood movie about drug smuggling but then actually smuggle drugs. Win/Win

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 12, 2021

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cenen posted:

The perfect crime is to film a Hollywood movie about drug smuggling but then actually smuggle drugs. Win/Win

I'm like 99% sure this has actually been documented.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Hey, I hope that was just drunk posting and that you’re ok. Please reach out for help if you need it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cenen posted:

This has to be the explanation for Viva Knievel!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Hey, I hope that was just drunk posting and that you’re ok. Please reach out for help if you need it.

Thanks man yeah that was six drinks in and a bit depressed, and I was worried about Covid because I overhead one dumb gently caress arguing about vaccines so contrary to what I thought, not everyone at the party was vaccined. I turned to my fiance and just said "well hope we don't die!" We made sure to stay in the other room of the house, and it was nice out so the windows were all open.

I was down in the dumps for a little because it's my first holiday season without my dad, and all that goes with that. It ended up being a good night though. My friends brought me back from a low. Thanks dude.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 12, 2021

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Well, that’s good to hear- glad you’re ok and that you ended up having a good night after all. The holidays can be a real fucker of a season, even if you’re not dealing with the recent loss of a loved one. Be well and stay well!

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
They named the Child Tichy Rich what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
A fat boomer woman called me an rear end in a top hat for singing along to "Sweet Home Alabama" with my own improvised historically accurate lyrics.