Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I realize it may not be the most popular opinion, but maybe slide :10bux: in those MREs you give out.

I'm not the most generous person, but I'll give out $50-100 a month because thankfully the VA kicks me enough that I can afford it, even after throwing a bit into savings. Usually it's people in obvious hardships, housing, gas, food. Sometimes I throw in a pack of cigarettes, a soda, or a joint on extremely rare occasions.

Call me a sucker or whatever, but I don't need to spend $10 more on poo poo made in china for me, my needs are met. That $10 will get whoever is sitting next to that stop sign or gas station a lot further than me. poo poo's only getting rougher too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I always remember the Greg Giraldo bit-
“Don’t give him that money, he’s just going to spend it on drugs.”
“Well, that’s what I was going to spend it on”

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pretty much, yeah. I could spend more on weed, there's always more expensive poo poo. But $50/g rosin isn't getting me any more stoned than $10/g shatter. I'm like the weed equivalent of an Evan Williams drinker.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
There needs to be a chart for dumb dumbs like me.

The numbers and names of poo poo under there I may as well be reading a loving can of shampoo on the shitter.

Gimme a fighter game chart where it's just how much I'm gonna enjoy TV vs eat too much vs just having a massive anxiety attack.

And don't lie people would buy the anxiety attack strains there's people who do DMT and PCP already.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Wasabi the J posted:

There needs to be a chart for dumb dumbs like me.

The numbers and names of poo poo under there I may as well be reading a loving can of shampoo on the shitter.

Gimme a fighter game chart where it's just how much I'm gonna enjoy TV vs eat too much vs just having a massive anxiety attack.

And don't lie people would buy the anxiety attack strains there's people who do DMT and PCP already.

I'm actually surprised this isn't a thing, especially in legal states.

I would imagine some places would have developed a "starter pack" that is all color coded to help people figure out how much of what works for them.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Honestly, edibles are the easiest way to get into weed. Start with 5mg or less dosing, if you feel comfortably, step up to 10mg, etc. More accurate control over dosing than smoking the cheap mystery shake at the dispensary.

In terms of flower, there are "dad weed" strains out there, but the big thing is lower potency. If you smoked 90s brick, that was estimated to be 3-5% thc. You might ask for a strain in the 10% neighborhood, typically these are higher CBD % strains, which most people claim tends to help tame anxiety. Anxiety is primarily driven by too much thc.

Most flower is hybrid now, but certain compounds found in sativa strains aid in appetite control (thc-v), some more prevalent in indicas have higher cbn, which can make you sleepy, but mostly lock you into the couch. Want a more active, awake high? Looks for sativas. Lazy day in the recliner? Indica. Most hybrids are a compromise, usually in favor of yield. And the genetics get murky fast.

Concentrates. Hash. Cartridges. I would stay clear of these unless smell is a big concern. One hit can overwhelm a new smoker. Generally speaking though, carts are convenient, good if you're a semi regular smoker already, just mind that one hit on a pen can be like 5 on a joint.

If you get up to owning a dab rig and using a torch, welcome to my neighborhood. Percentages are what matter here, price is a matter of purity. If you're explicitly not wanting to use hash extracted with propane or butane, you will pay more. Crumble, basic wax and shatter tend to occupy the lower tier pricewise, will be extracted using dino gases. Live resin will be as well, but tends to be made from fresh frozen buds instead of trim and near expired flower like cheap crumble, wax or shatter. When you get to solventless rosin, you're paying $30-50 per half-gram at some places. It tastes loving amazing. It is amazing. But it won't get you any higher than the $10/g wax.

This has been know your weed with crusty minge. And remember, when in doubt, just set it down for a few minutes. Sometimes less is more.

I hit a few dabs while typing this and refuse to fix small errors.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 23, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh dude I'm good lol

I can cache a booger of shatter, I was just annoyed cus I literally cannot remember and don't really believe in what terps do.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Budweiser: It's beer.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Budweiser: It's beer.

That's what they call it, anyway.

Terpenes are basically only for flavor, anyone trying to sell you on another reason is probably trying to cure their genital warts with a CBD lotion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Passing through henderson en route to the dam and wanted to say smdftb to godholio.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Passing through henderson en route to the dam and wanted to say smdftb to godholio.

Umm, that's always authorized even if you don't leave your couch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Umm, that's always authorized even if you don't leave your couch.

:hmmyes:

There is something to a local delivery, though.

Lake Mead is so loving lol. Also if you step in the mud at the lake you will sink 6-12” immediately and may lose your flip flop.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

:hmmyes:

There is something to a local delivery, though.

Lake Mead is so loving lol. Also if you step in the mud at the lake you will sink 6-12” immediately and may lose your flip flop.

Yeah I fly into Vegas from the east once a year since 2006 and watching the water level fall year over year is some real :smith:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I appreciate it, but I left the area a couple months ago for the water-rich east coast.

My house was getting packed and recarpeted as the bodies started showing up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

I appreciate it, but I left the area a couple months ago for the water-rich east coast.

My house was getting packed and recarpeted as the bodies started showing up.

Congrats on escaping the desert!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Cam and I are both much more satisfied with this newfound ability to "go outside without dying."

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
Jesus loving Christ, I do not understand this world.

I know this man, the anime girl avatar...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJTO6jWx0E

This is...not satire. That is the voice of a (former) fellow army dude.

What the god-drat gently caress.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Uwu ^~^

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
The internet was a mistake.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

Cam and I are both much more satisfied with this newfound ability to "go outside without dying."

Congrats! It’s under 100 here today so its nice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Manhattan recipe:

2 oz Evan Williams bourbon (80 proof recommended)
¾ or 1 oz sweet vermouth according to taste
2 dashes Bokers/Angostura bitters

Stir in shaker with ice, pour into chilled glass, add 2 Luxardo cocktail cherries plus cocktail spoon's worth of syrup, enjoy.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I'm feeling like I'm sober even though I'm drinking.

I can't get properly drunk. I go from sober to sleepy without any pleasantness in between.
Because the world is a gently caress.
I actually believed in this stupid country once. Now I just see a rapid plunge into actual literal academically defined fascism because it was actually founded on white supremacy and despite a really strong influx of immigrants (voluntary and... involuntary) who try their damndest to make America live up to the Enlightenment ideals that the fuckers wrote down, xenophobia and goddamn fucks who want a libertarian playground for their melanin deprived dumbshit granfaloon and subjugation for everyone else are going to win and they were always going to win.

I've got two beautiful little girls and I don't want to raise them in a nuclear armed fascist shithole. But what the gently caress. I love my dumb stupid poo poo rear end city and the dumb stupid people who believe in it and my friends who I don't want to lave and I don't think I can bring myself to leave. So because I'm a sentimental coward idiot I'm going to condemn my kids to grow up in a fascist country instead of movig the gently caress to Europe to give them a real life. I want to do it. I'm tired. I loving fought. I sucked in the tear gas in Ferguson while washing the OC out of the eyes of real people who want a better life then under the pigs boot. I fought for reform and fair redistricting and all that poo poo and I lost. I'm not saying this to brag or be a big internet man. Just saying where I stood and where I stand. Ten years ago or if I didn't have kids I'd be there with the antifa supersoldiers with a stupid mil spec rifle because I dont' care enogh about guns to learn to shoot anything new but the point is I have kids and I want to see them grow up so I'm not going to go out there any more. I'm a coward now because I care about my kids more than my ideals I guess. Too scared to fight, too soft to leave probably.

So I just drink and hope I can catcha good buzz but I can't. I can't get properly drunk any more. I just drink and then hop on DuoLingo to pretend to myself that I could learn another language and have an escape hatch for when this dumb racist rear end country goes fash for the last and most definitive time soon.

World is a gently caress.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A twofer:

Look at the shape of the park.

https://goo.gl/maps/ubY2qeqWB3eWRoki8

The caption is helpful.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Baked potato recipe.

1) Heat oven to 450°F/Whatever°C
2) Insert suitably-prepared potato on cooking sheet and bake 25 minutes
3) Remove potato, coat with butter/non-virgin olive oil and kosher salt
4) Return potato to oven after turning potato over, bake 20 minutes
5) Continue cooking at 5 minute intervals until done to your satisfaction
6) Remove, add topping, enjoy

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Baked potato recipe.

1) Heat oven to 450°F/Whatever°C
2) Insert suitably-prepared potato on cooking sheet and bake 25 minutes
3) Remove potato, coat with butter/non-virgin olive oil and kosher salt
4) Return potato to oven after turning potato over, bake 20 minutes
5) Continue cooking at 5 minute intervals until done to your satisfaction
6) Remove, add topping, enjoy

Anyone ever notice that when you look up how long it takes to bake a potato the internet returns some crazy poo poo like, "it will be done in 25-40 min!" Instead I end up "checking for doneness" about 20 times until they are cooked. Every time I fall for their promise, every time the variables change, every time they take forever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

someone gave me a weird little bag that has cats on the outside and i put it in the microwave with potatoes in it and in five minutes they're almost perfectly baked. is it as good as a 45 minute potato? not quite. is it a decent baked potato? hell yes.

one of these except mine is decorative i guess:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I prefer chopping my potatoes down and tossing them in a bag of cooking oil, sea salt and black pepper before dumping them in a baking pan for an hour or so.

Also works well with brussel sprouts, way better than boiling and smothering in cheese like product.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I prefer chopping my potatoes down and tossing them in a bag of cooking oil, sea salt and black pepper before dumping them in a baking pan for an hour or so.

Also works well with brussel sprouts, way better than boiling and smothering in cheese like product.

Try the brussel sprouts again, but instead of using the oven, saute them. Put them cut side down, and let them brown up. Finish with a drizzle of balsamic and some fresh parmesan (or hard cheese of choice), sometimes I will add some thinly sliced garlic towards the end.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't cut my sprouts down before cooking, just peel a few leaves off before tossing them in oil and into the oven.

I've sauted plenty of stuff when I worked in kitchens, but I'm lazy at home and try to minimize the amount of work or time I spend in the kitchen. That and I have a glass top stove, which is only a notch above useless for sauteing.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I don't cut my sprouts down before cooking, just peel a few leaves off before tossing them in oil and into the oven.

I've sauted plenty of stuff when I worked in kitchens, but I'm lazy at home and try to minimize the amount of work or time I spend in the kitchen. That and I have a glass top stove, which is only a notch above useless for sauteing.

Glass top stove sucks, I understand. The wife insists that the sprouts are cut in half, so they get cut in half.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh yeah, sprouts take forever to cook if you don't cut them down, but I like letting them take a little more time anyhow. Depends on what I'm doing, but sprouts always went into the oven first, with potatoes or whatever that will take equally long. Always gave me time to better season and tenderize the meat. Or just extra time to smoke a bowl while they roasted under broiler temps.

I really need a gas range if I'm going to saute anything. Electric sucks, even coils.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I give my sprouts a brief steam (8-10 minutes) whole before doing something else to them, as it gives them a more uniform texture to the final product without sacrificing texture and flavor.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I might do that next time. Fortunately I bought a rice cooker with a steamer tray.

I figured out the apartment complex gas grill the other day, so I'm burning their propane instead of my electric bill tonight. And Frank appreciates his chicken grilled more than boiled or baked (he's had chicken in his diet regularly for over a year).

And I bought coors light yesterday for some reason.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I hate pa so much. The shitbags in Central PA are homophobic racist backwards peices of poo poo. About a month ago a customer assaulted my husband at work and later that week some sack of poo poo called every number of corporate to complain because he has a satanic temple sticker on his car. The poo poo he hears about various things from worm brained traitors is aggravating.

I'm at least somewhat lucky in keeping things to myself from coworkers, but I can't wait to leave here anyway, as soon as I can either transfer with pcs expenses or get a new job with pcs expenses.

And my dad apparently has melanoma, though he's just had one biopsy done. I'm not really sure what that means though, or even if it's different than skin cancer. Cool. Apparently he'll be at mass general though, so I guess that's good

Pine Cone Jones fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 10, 2022

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Sorry for posting non-drunk here, I've been trying to cut back, and I'm not really sure where else is a cool place to vent or ramble on about poo poo.

Apparently my dad's melenoma is stage 3 and we're waiting to see what treatment options there are, if my dad decides to go through with it. Still waiting to hear back on results if it spread to his brain, hopefully not. He's already had a triple bypass two years back and still hasn't retired at 78, hopefully he will soon. I know my parents are thinking about selling their house and moving somewhere else. My husband and I are trying to get the gently caress out of pa, not a place we really feel safe, especially after my husband was assaulted at work a few months back now. With the mastriano and oz poo poo going on, it won't get any better. My parents and I were talking about getting a place together, like a duplex or something, either in Maine or NH, wherever I end up getting a job. It would make buying something way easier with their help, but no idea what will happen with any of that.

I have no idea how people take in any media at this point, everything I hear about republicans in the us fills me with both such an existential dread and a frothing anger that I just have to tune everything out. The anxiety meds I started awhile back help at least. I just want to get out of PA and pretend like anything outside of New England in the US doesn't exist for the rest of my life.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Mine had a somewhat similar deal though slightly better, stage 2 on a kidney but when it first came to light I was prepared for the worst. I hope things go well for you and him both.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
JFC post10, put on some gloves.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
So it's not just me who watches him?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Those beaver dams don’t unclog themselves, but dude, gloves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
While I brew my black rifle coffee I think I'll watch my favorite vet comedy channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQAnrW45ohs

Jesus Christ vet culture is the loving wwwwoooooorst.