Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Man, the Party Party was the political party the US needed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

We had a dusting today, after a dusting last night. It was clear and sunny at work, but everything west of I-25 above 8k-ish feet was getting light snow for a while. Just sat there on my breaks watching it.

No real snow totals worth mentioning at all this winter. Gonna be a crazy fire season this year.

Meh, I wouldn't start worrying about that yet, we usually get the bulk of of it in March and April.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I want this kid to be my kid, this video is hilarious, and I don’t think he knows why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guPbrEQuc-A

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I have my heart set on an "88 Camaro IROC Z. Not sure why, I think it's the stupid quarter spoiler. If I get one, I'm gonna try to get an Alpine tape deck, some Def Leppard and a wicked coke habit.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
https://twitter.com/quenblackwell/status/1002677741748137984?s=21

bengy81
May 8, 2010
The correct car to get with VA back pay is a kind of busted Countach or Testarossa. Maybe a 92 911 with faded silver paint.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Hands too bigg 2/10

bengy81
May 8, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ok so I might be a total light weight because a 5g edible will make me feel wobbly as hell. poo poo makes me super sleepy.

Same kind of. I'll eat a 10mg gummy every few weeks. Sometimes I barely notice it, sometimes they launch me into space and I have to go lie down.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Only a maniac would want a mobile home in park county, I think Antero Junction has already has two nights under -40f so far.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Is there like a Rock Auto for HVAC parts? I can imagine that being a pain in the rear end for a DIY if you don't have access to a supplier.

I'm sure there is a mom and pop shop that sells to homeowners in most major cities, I'd not there is always eBay. I've used a shop in Denver to get relays and a blower for my furnace off of eBay.
I wouldn't recommend DIY HVAC if you are looking to sell though. I ended up having to buy a new furnace when we sold our last place because I couldn't prove I was certified to do the work I did to the heating system. To be fair though, the furnace was almost as old as me, so all I did was delay replacement by a year or so.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Aidy Bryant is the female version of Jimmy Fallon, maybe marginally better at his schtick.

I have no idea why this nugget rolled out of my head or even if it's a valid comparison, but it feels right. Neither of them compel me to watch SNL, that's for drat sure.

She can legit act though, I watched the first season of her show with my wife and I thought she played her role really well, also Daniel Stern is in it. She did a few episodes of Louie as well, and I feel like I saw her in a couple more serious things.

Jimmy was ok on SNL, but I cant think of anything that he has done that is compelling. His show is boring as poo poo IMO.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

I only recently gotten into pro wrestling in the past couple of years and we had tickets to my first live taping for a pay-per-view for AEW in may.

I don't watch a ton of AEW, but about once or twice a week I'll put on wrestling if the wife isn't around.
I miss the before times, there were some pretty fun matches being broadcast on Twitch. WWE is somehow worse without an audience, I feel like they could really lean into the empty stadiums and do some more cinematic stuff, but I guess that would be too much effort.
That Undertaker fight against A.J. Styles could have been one of the greatest modern matches, instead it was a snorefest that dragged on 20 minutes too long.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
New Danny Elfman apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjUjrE19eyw

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Everytime I feel like an rear end in a top hat for not jumping on a stock or bitcoin I just remind myself about Zaurg and that whole mess with shitcoins and how he convinced himself he was gonna get rich off of it.
If you really need a reality check, or someone to reinforce your poor decision making, you can always lurk r/wallstreetbets. Pretty sure those guys are the only reason TSLA is so loving overvalued right now.
Also I've been putting like 8% of my pay in my 401k for 10 years, and I'm always a little disappointed when I look at my account statement, I really feel like there should be one more zero on the number than there currently is. I really hate that dieing at work is looking to be my most solid retirement plan.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

I don't feel bad about not jumping on Bitcoin because it's not a loving currency it's some weird rear end investment for people who are incredibly lucky.
I do feel bad about not getting Apple stock at $14 and was talked out of it because "they're going bankrupt within a year."

I also don't feel bad about much right now because I just put down a low priced bottle of celebratory "American fascism has been delayed" cava. I was seriously building a plan to emigrate to Germany which would have involved a bunch of painful rear end decisions like selling the house I put a fuckton of work and money into remodel and rebuilding, leaving my home and family, sacrificing vital earning years in my 40s as well as putting a huge burden on my wife in order to get a PhD so I could have a chance at employment and emigration in the first place. But I also had to start planning an escape hatch because I am not raising my daughters in a country where the presidency has its own fascist paramilitaries.

The last 4 years have been exhausting, I don't think we are anywhere near being done with the threat of far right fascism, but at least it will be nice to spend a few days not having to worry about it so hard.
I have to put my celebration plans off until the weekend, but I'm probably gonna celebrate with some lovely mexican beer when I do.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'm not a big Foo Fighters fan, but Dave Grohl is so ridiculously wholesome that I'm always gonna at least check out what he's got going on.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The entirety of the SLV is like an off market shithole to most people. That's fine for me, though. I was raised in little 1000~ people towns and a farm in east IL, this place feels a lot like home, but with mountains to accent the flat.

I'm digging Alamosa. Plenty of community activity stuff, pretty fair shake of job openings, tourists to milk for the local economy (I'm already sick of RVers, but small price and all that jazz). Going towards Blanca/Garland/San Luis would increase the quiet, but I kinda like the volume here. Gonna be cold as hell come winter though.

The little house in question is like, a decade old, in town, in really good shape. It's being sold by a group that has income requirements (no more than 50k income/year past 3 years kinda stuff), so it's not really surprising that it gets listed over and over as people realize how far from a proper city the house is. I wish it was in Alamosa though.

I love the valley, but I can't deal with the residents, the upcountry hicks joke from Letterkenny also applies to people that live in the mountains.

Also the loving Texans are insufferable and drive like assholes.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

GD_American posted:

Opiates make my nervous system buzz in a lovely way, and make me itchy. I guess it's a good thing.

The last few times I tried weed though, I got restless leg syndrome and an incredibly specific awareness of the toes on my right foot. Like, the kind you get when someone reminds you of your tongue and you can't not notice the position of it in your mouth, or when someone talks about breathing and then instead of an unconscious reflex you can't think about anything but breathing for a few minutes.

Bolded reminds me of Twin Peaks, and I'm forever thankful that it did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKZUuMIFoOk

bengy81
May 8, 2010

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I think if I get to my deathbed without an ex releasing a 10 minute version of a song she had to cut down because it was too mean, I'll be okay.

Hooboy.

Tell me you are listening to TayTay without telling me you are listening to TayTay

bengy81
May 8, 2010

You're so vain you think this post is about you!

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Sacrist65 posted:

While I brew my black rifle coffee I think I'll watch my favorite vet comedy channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQAnrW45ohs

Jesus Christ vet culture is the loving wwwwoooooorst.

On the one hand, that video is the reason why I pretend I was never in. On the other hand, I learned what an otamatone is.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Are people furries because of sex stuff?
I wanna know, but not bad enough to Google it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Ok, I appreciate the answers.
I'm at Galaxycon with one of my kids, and I guess I've lived in a bubble for a while, because this is the first time I've seen a large gathering of furries.