Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2DoqLfBZ5xc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

GD_American posted:

ugh gently caress frozen wine drinks

gently caress theme so much

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

GD_American posted:

Getting drunk in an airport is a race between being too expensive and being worth it

It's always worth it, because the alternative is being sober in an airport.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

nullscan posted:

My squadron is going to a 4 day work week to minimize close contact between us, with people alternating days off

I knew I should have extended!!!

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Woofer posted:

random mil question since i've been out and have forgotten and also lmao gently caress you if you're still in especially in 2020

does the military have paternity leave? when we got back from afghanistan our unit had a baby boom and i remember getting my rear end chewed regularly for sending my dudes home early to hang out with their new babies (as opposed to standing around and waiting for the 1sgt to get his dick out of his hand) because i don't think paternity leave is a thing.

am i remembering that correctly?

The "primary" parent providing childcare gets up to I think 45 days in the USAF now. In mil-to-mil marriages, only one parent can be designated the primary (and that's the decision of the parents), but mil-civ can just designate the mil member as primary.

The 45 days is separate from any post-pregnancy convalescent leave, and it can be taken at any time within a year of birth or adoption. Only restriction is that it needs to be taken in one single block of leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Best beer might be a matter of opinion, but I think there's a strong contender for worst beer:

Back in my hometown, I had a Carvel ice cream place right across the street from my apartment, so all my family gatherings involved Fudgie the Whale ice cream cake.

One of my cousins gave me a couple of novelty beers that Carvel made based on that cake.

It's absolutely wretched. I've never tasted a more vile brew. Fudge, crunchy chocolate and beer are three tastes that absolutely do not complement each other. The can is worryingly labeled only as "malt beverage."

Might be the first beer I was physically unable to finish. I saved the last can for my next family gathering, so I can force my cousin to drink it.