Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

mlmp08 posted:

FWD on dirt can be really good/fun.

But the last FWD car I owned was about 12 years ago, and it was a minivan. Good car to have at college though!

My wife's GTI is a barrel of fun, though. A bit less capable than the WRX, but it's really fun and is less "work" to drive. Tune and exhaust did wonders to even out the GTI's power delivery.

I grew up driving FWD cars in Alaska, so I'm pretty comfortable using them in less than ideal road conditions. I had a mini cooper S and that thing was hilarious fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Am I on youtube or twitch - shrugs

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Melthir posted:

:eek: wonder if his wife knew. poo poo his poor kid.

So daddy like to party with his friends... like really party.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Yeah it's a lot like this. I already had to tell work "look guys, I may have to bounce for a couple of weeks to take care of some things but I don't know when and how" and thankfully they were just totally fine with it.

Same - Dad is in the hospital. No idea whats wrong. Problem speaking and motor movements, but they don't think it's a stroke. loving sucks. I dread seeing my mom's caller ID. You brace yourself for that answer and then a sigh of relief when he hasn't worsened over night.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

ASAPI posted:

Holy poo poo, my mother-in-law just had a stroke and my uncle just died.

Is this some sort of epidemic or something?

He mimicked some stroke symptoms, but everything seems to be improving day by day, so they don't think it's that.

For whatever reason, he lost his normal language filter. My mom has always been the sweary one, but as his memory and speech came back, I guess he's had some great comments.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

super mario batali posted:

Im trying to figure out based on an airworthiness document whether a commercial plane is carrying millitary cargo

:nsa:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Cheap beer hierarchy:
1. Narraganset
2. Natty Bo
3. PBR
4. Tecate

Note: you’ll drink whatever is available and enjoy it as much as any of the others

Anyone have a good list for NOVA area beers I should be on the look out for?

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Have you gone to the Guineas brewery in Maryland yet? Worth the trip, bring a designated driver.

Perfect - wife hates beer so I have a place to check out post-corona.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The region is kind of having a renaissance of craft breweries right now. Off the top of my head, we have DC Brau and Denizens that are leading the pack; there’s also Right Proper and others. Triple Crossing in Richmond also makes some fantastic beers although their penetration is more limited in the DC area.

My current favorite is DC Brau’s “Joint Resolution” Hazy IPA.

Cool - I'll try and snag some.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Steezo posted:

I'm fine now. Tried something new, thought it wasn't that strong, it was. white girl white claw wasted last night

goddamnit already spelled that out oh well.

edit: also the thought of pres Pence is terrifying, as someone who was raised American Catholic. Even if he has it just for a few months.

Those 5% seltzers can sneak up on you. It's pretty easy to suddenly realize you're on the last 3 of 12 pack in not a lot of time.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Bored As gently caress posted:

If I think about how much money I could've made had I bought bitcoin when it was pennies a piece, back when the GBS thread about it came around 10ish or whatever years ago, I die inside. That, and not buying more Amazon, are in my top 5 biggest regrets.

Yup - my old boss bought 25k bitcoin when it was pennies.

He made some epically bad timing moves with it, but he at least recouped his investment and had some good cruises when that was still a thing.

God I wish I had bought some when he was telling us about it during lunch. I also wish I had convinced my dad to buy Amazon or had used some of my college job money to jump on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

GD_American posted:

My sister just put an offer in for a house; she's been looking for a month, and they disappear off the market so quickly right now it's insane. I'm talking Dutch tulip bulb market. It's almost NYC rent control apartment hunting level of nuts.

I told her she's dumb for buying in a peak market for the second time in 20 years. She literally will not even consider renting until this bubble bursts.

Market is so insane it had me and the wife pondering selling because our home is close to twice what we paid for it in 2009, and we frigging love our home. We'd never find a location this perfect again in our lifetime.

Rates are like 2% for conventional loans and bunch of people are wanting SFHs even in urban areas.