Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DIVISION 1: YETI CRAB
Shinsuke Nakamura
Mr. rear end
Kassius Ohno
Chris Jericho
John Cena
Chuck Taylor
Asuka
Hideo Itami
Tetsuya Naito
Baron Corbin
Rusev
Sheamus
Io Shirai
Alexa Bliss
Noam Dar
Kofi Kingston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Vaguido posted:

Roode is a better wrestler, has a better look, and if you ignore how his entrance theme is extremely over and almost makes him a babyface, his heel work in the ring is on a level Alexa can only hope to aspire to at this point.

It's an unfair comparison because Roode has way, way more experience than Alexa, but if you're voting between the two, there's no contest.
Roode absolutely does not have a better look. His entrance attire is good, but his wrestling gear isn't, whereas Alexa Bliss has no entrance gear (...which is weird for someone whose nickname is THE GODDESS) but her ring gear is good. I see the ring gear for longer, so she wins. Also her face and body are good, whereas Roode's are mediocre, like everything else about him.

Alexa is far better on the mic, which is especially embarrassing for Roode since he's been at this so long, but there are a lot of old wrestlers with even worse mic skills so I guess most of them think it doesn't matter. Her heel work is also very good, although she doesn't have long matches like Roode so she doesn't get to be an rear end in a top hat for the same amount of time.

He's better in the ring, but he's not amazing in the ring, so that isn't going to push him over Alexa for me. Better luck next round!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DIVISION 3: GHOST CRAB

AJ Styles
Joey Ryan's Dick (Not the wrestler, just his dick)
Brock Lesnar
Nikki Bella
Samoa Joe
Becky Lynch
Katsuyori Shibata
Johnny Gargano
Sami Zayn
Davey Richards
Braun Strowman
Tomoaki Honma
Penta el 0M
Bray Wyatt
Tiger Mask W (Kota Ibushi)
Akira Tozawa

Last round had a lot of hard choices between two good wrestlers - also I forgot to vote. This round has hard choices because the matches are between people I don't like, or 'wrestler i dont like' vs 'wrestler i have never heard of'

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Also Shibata only destroyed his own brain, correct? From what I've seen he is a very good wrestler, but I don't like to vote for wrestlers that are dangerous. But if he doesn't injure people or botch all the time, and strictly destroys his own skull, I can forgive him.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

sleepwalkers posted:

For the purposes of this poll, he really only wrecked his own body and nobody else's. He works stiff even for what I've seen from NJPW and while I'm sure it's hard on one's body, I don't recall hearing of any major injuries anyone else sustained since I started watching. Nearly two decades ago, a Shibata elbow drop gone wrong killed a man by - ironically - causing the same injury that Shibata just sustained, but AFAIK that wasn't really an especially dangerous thing and more of a freak accident. It was the dude's second brain hemorrhage in six months.

Oof, that's loving rough. But yeah that sounds more like a tragic accident and not a result of an unsafe style. I know strong style in general is a bit painful, but that's different from regularly dropping people or doing dives on unsuspecting opponents or taking liberties with a newbie or whatever.

• Locked thread