Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Vengarr posted:

*Woman thrashing and convulsing in the throes of agonizing death*

Goons: hmmm, not sure about this anatomy :ohdear:

We’re just worried about her well being after she recovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Boichi's poses for "woman thrashing and convulsing in the throes of agonizing death" are pretty much the same as his poses for "woman performing a physical activity" and "woman kinda just standing there".

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Lurking Haro posted:

The problem is that she's thrashing and convulsing in the throes of death in a cheesecake-y way.

La petit mort

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Vengarr posted:

Goons: hmmm, not sure about this anatomy :ohdear:

Boichi: *Draws rear end-focused shot with skintight leather, protruding nipples, bouncing breasts and camel toe*

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Paracelsus posted:

La petit mort

nothing petit about those morts

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I watched this show for the first time.

What a banger, freshest concept I've seen in years! I ran out of episodes to stream and now I'm going through withdrawals :cry:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Parrotine posted:

I watched this show for the first time.

What a banger, freshest concept I've seen in years! I ran out of episodes to stream and now I'm going through withdrawals :cry:

You might want to look for an anime thread if you don't want to be spoiled.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

yeah like...(anime only dude dont click this) the latest episode introduced yo and like, im just in the intro, but the reporter girl makes him seem like such a badass, but he's like...on par with ginro for being a p useless coward most of the time after the whole, befriend the villain moment that this season will probably end with

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Z=186. To Each Their Own Blade
Viz: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dr-stone-chapter-186/chapter/22033?action=read
Mangaplus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008532

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dr. Stone is a really good manga in general but this chapter ruled. drat.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Dr. Stone is a really good manga in general but this chapter ruled. drat.

Yep. I'm excited for next chapter.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

In 185 Xeno warns Senku that Stanley won't hesitate to slaughter everyone. In this chapter he... quite literally hesitates before disabling Ginro.

So much for "Ethics and morals do not come into play. Because this is simply his job as a soldier."

Darth TNT posted:

Yep. I'm excited for next chapter.

I'm feeling that we're finally about to reach the conclusion of the long Americas arc, a la Treasure Island where Senku and Ibara had their final showdown. Stanley is marching directly towards Senku's fort, Senku knows exactly where Stanley is, they have the Medusa prepared to go, and I bet you dollars to donuts Xeno has secretly repaired the Medusa he pocketed and is going to spring a final surprise onto the team.

I'm also thinking that we'll ultimately see a hostage exchange (Xeno for Francois/Suika/Ginro/Matsukaze) and then the two groups go their separate ways and we see the Space Race arc begin at some point. There's no way this manga isn't going to do a space race, especially not after introducing an antagonist rocket scientist.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm also thinking that we'll ultimately see a hostage exchange (Xeno for Francois/Suika/Ginro/Matsukaze) and then the two groups go their separate ways and we see the Space Race arc begin at some point. There's no way this manga isn't going to do a space race, especially not after introducing an antagonist rocket scientist.

There was also the side manga about byakuya and the robot he made.

that one ended with the orb who at this point turned itself into a hot girl sending the occasional "hey there's a sentient being up here!" message as it repairs what's left of the ISS

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Renzuko posted:

There was also the side manga about byakuya and the robot he made.

that one ended with the orb who at this point turned itself into a hot girl sending the occasional "hey there's a sentient being up here!" message as it repairs what's left of the ISS

I will hope against hope until I can hope no more that that hot impossible robot never shows up in the main manga

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Francois owns, should've been the one that got the color chapter cover

reitetsu posted:

I will hope against hope until I can hope no more that that hot impossible robot never shows up in the main manga

You know that she will and she will be super important to the climax.
I think there was some page where we even saw the repaired ISS float by briefly

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It still gets to me that we got a side-story called Dr. Stone: Byakuya and all of the focus was on the stupid loving robot, and not what Senku's dad and his crew did to survive.

That spin-off was such a colossal waste of time.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

In 185 Xeno warns Senku that Stanley won't hesitate to slaughter everyone. In this chapter he... quite literally hesitates before disabling Ginro.

So much for "Ethics and morals do not come into play. Because this is simply his job as a soldier."

I'm feeling that we're finally about to reach the conclusion of the long Americas arc, a la Treasure Island where Senku and Ibara had their final showdown. Stanley is marching directly towards Senku's fort, Senku knows exactly where Stanley is, they have the Medusa prepared to go, and I bet you dollars to donuts Xeno has secretly repaired the Medusa he pocketed and is going to spring a final surprise onto the team.

Exactly. I love how this manga takes it's time setting things up, while still having excellent pacing. Don't forget, Stanley likely suspects that Senku knows considering their radarman picked up the transmission. So there's another layer happening here.

drat, a space race arc sounds like fun.

rannum posted:

Francois owns, should've been the one that got the color chapter cover

I didn't really like Francois much before this chapter. HAppy to see he's astute and caring and not just butler.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Maybe we'll get Xeno and Stanley running off to make their space race rival country (reviving more people to do that now that Xeno knows the formula recipe) but not able to go back to Corn City, as the Japanese crew/some other factors have brought them over to Senku's side.

Now that I think about it, it's a waste to have Xeno and Stanley swayed to become Senku's allies when they should work better as ongoing antagonists or cold war rivals.

It'd also be interesting to see things not go to plan and have the arc end with an outright significant loss for our heroes. Secure Alloy City, and maybe get Corn City on their side too, but lose their super sick boat and have Xeno, Stanley, and that whole team of hardcore Xeno followers out on the loose and with a big time advantage for them to run off to wherever they want to.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Losing the boat would be a pretty monumental disaster, since they'd have to slowly travel back to corn city on foot/motorbike and then rebuild a new boat to even be able to reliably cross the Pacific again to get back in contact with Japan.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 22, 2021

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SKULL.GIF posted:

Because he's a soldier, and good soldiers don't shoot prisoners. They point that out explicitly

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I thought Stanley was American :confused:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

In America, soldiers have better standards than police in how to treat civilians. hosed up but true.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's often been commented that the rules of engagement in Iraq are stricter than they are in most US police departments...and they're right lol

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

rannum posted:

You know that she will and she will be super important to the climax.
I think there was some page where we even saw the repaired ISS float by briefly

I know, I know... :negative: But...

amigolupus posted:

It still gets to me that we got a side-story called Dr. Stone: Byakuya and all of the focus was on the stupid loving robot, and not what Senku's dad and his crew did to survive.

That spin-off was such a colossal waste of time.

This, honestly.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

No more cool trivia threads :sigh:

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

man those threads were one of the best things about this series that blows

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's a really massive loss for Dr. Stone in particular, because the extra research that went into the science stuff to ensure accurate translations provided a lot of neat context.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Scholtz posted:

No more cool trivia threads :sigh:

Why are people so bad. :(

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The My Hero Academia fandom ruining everything for everyone.

Poor Caleb. Lots of people in my Twitter feed are very angry about how he was treated and rightfully so. Beyond what we as fans lose from this, the treatment he got was beyond unacceptable.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

What happened, exactly? I only ever read his Dr. Stone threads, but I was under the impression that everyone loved what he did.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Some lines being changed in the volume release of My Hero Academia as well as his translation not matching 1:1 what the fan translations were made some of the worst of the fandom believe he had full editorial control over the TL and was making a character sound worse (like, more monstrous) because Caleb personally hates him.

He doesn't, obviously, and a translator doesn't have that kind of sway with the series, but that didn't stop people hounding him and calling for him to be fired.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Mercury Hat posted:

Some lines being changed in the volume release of My Hero Academia as well as his translation not matching 1:1 what the fan translations were made some of the worst of the fandom believe he had full editorial control over the TL and was making a character sound worse (like, more monstrous) because Caleb personally hates him.

He doesn't, obviously, and a translator doesn't have that kind of sway with the series, but that didn't stop people hounding him and calling for him to be fired.

So standard issue "We can't yell at the editor/manager who actually made this decision so we'll yell at you" bullshit. It's the fandom equivalent of kicking the dog. Even if the higher ups who do control those decisions were online or accessible via email or something the people doing this know they'll not respond at all, so it's not going to be satisfying. Running a passionate person in a public facing position off is the best they'll get.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The trivia and notes for MHA I could live without, but I really hope he posts his Dr. Stone notes somewhere because they were really, really informative and there's a lot of stuff going on in the background that's not always immediately apparent.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Z-187: Cyber Guerilla
Viz: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dr-stone-chapter-187/chapter/22068?action=read
Mangaplus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008937

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Crain posted:

So standard issue "We can't yell at the editor/manager who actually made this decision so we'll yell at you" bullshit. It's the fandom equivalent of kicking the dog. Even if the higher ups who do control those decisions were online or accessible via email or something the people doing this know they'll not respond at all, so it's not going to be satisfying. Running a passionate person in a public facing position off is the best they'll get.

no they got real personal about it and were trying to get him fired by emailing his manager etc

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jose posted:

no they got real personal about it and were trying to get him fired by emailing his manager etc

I don't know why, but I looked into it some. Seems a lot of the most heinous crap has been scrubbed from the top results already. But in every thread you can already see people "justifying" outrage of any change. It's really sad. :( Caleb seems like an ace translator with all those translator notes he kept posting.

Chapter itself: Going to be fun seeing the three strongest take on Stanley like this. I wonder if the MMA woman is going to go one on one with Tsukasa. Seemed like such a weird thing to say if nothing comes of it.
That moment where the join the battle was pretty epic drawing from Boichi.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Darth TNT posted:

I don't know why, but I looked into it some. Seems a lot of the most heinous crap has been scrubbed from the top results already. But in every thread you can already see people "justifying" outrage of any change. It's really sad. :( Caleb seems like an ace translator with all those translator notes he kept posting.

Chapter itself: Going to be fun seeing the three strongest take on Stanley like this. I wonder if the MMA woman is going to go one on one with Tsukasa. Seemed like such a weird thing to say if nothing comes of it.
That moment where the join the battle was pretty epic drawing from Boichi.

Aha, that's why he did that spider bite panel a couple chapters ago: to balance this double-page spread of glorious beefcake!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Z=188. What I Once Sought to Destroy
Viz: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dr-stone-chapter-188/chapter/22151?action=read
Mangaplus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008938

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Wow this was an intense chapter. Genuinely not sure if they'll all get brought back by the Medusa. Also some absolutely gorgeous art this week. Boichi is excellent when he's not fully consumed by the horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This chapter was intense.
I honestly didn’t expect them to be gunned down like this. Awesome to see Hyoga sacrifice himself.

This does however risk removing tension if the Medusa can just always fix people back up.