Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

it's one fashy nerd and then a bunch of soldiers who are more than eager to buy what he's selling. it doesn't hurt that xeno provided guns, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Oh yeah, they were practically all soldiers right? Apart from Luna and her flunkies. All of Xeno’s dudes were people who were at that party and heard him yell to stay awake.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

The pseudo-leader guy whose name I forget definitely doesn't seem unbothered by the carnage.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Even outside Xeno and Stanley, people like Maya, Brody, and Charlotte have all been shown to immediately resort to violence as (one of) their first response(s).

Brody only reacted that way once they were outright attacked.

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

It should be noted that most of Xeno's people were handpicked from elite American military forces, of course they're predisposed to violence, they were intentionally selected for talent and bloodthirstyness.

Notice that none of the non-Xeno civilians we've seen (Luna, Chelsea, Carlos, Max, Joel and his boss) seem particularly violent at all. Luna pretty much had to have a gun held to her head to be an accessory to murder, and even then immediately started helping the victim to recover to the best of her abilities.

If anything, it's more commentary on the state of American government and military culture rather than Americans on the whole.

Should note they are not even proper American Military, Stanley's crew is outright stated to be mercenaries.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Apr 7, 2021

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Should note they are not even proper American Military, Stanley's crew is outright stated to be mercenaries.

Oh, that'd really do it then. I forgot about that

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

reitetsu posted:

Oh, that'd really do it then. I forgot about that

Yeah they are ex military, but during the big dinner meeting are stated to be freelance now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I missed they were mercs too, drat that explains a ton.