Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I will be begrudingly okay with adult Suika if the alternative is old lady Suika who passes shortly after rescuing everyone :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Scholtz posted:

I will be begrudingly okay with adult Suika if the alternative is old lady Suika who passes shortly after rescuing everyone :ohdear:

Oh god no :cry:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Suika doesn't know that Luna/Chelsea have the revival fluid, nor that they left the camp (since they left after she and Francois left).

We won't find out what happens until May 9! Next weekend is Golden Week.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

TriffTshngo posted:

get ready to quote this in a week with a "goddammit" attached

it's a break week :smuggo:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Suika is going to morph into Stone-Age Samus Aran, complete with the ability to turn into a ball. The visor is her new glasses.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Elfface posted:

Suika is going to morph into Stone-Age Samus Aran, complete with the ability to turn into a ball. The visor is her new glasses.

... My God

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Cloks posted:

I'm hoping boichii doesn't give us hornt up suika.

I just got done with Psyren and I'm not sure you could do worse than Marie.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I hadn't thought about someone (or a group of someones) doing some long-term survival to craft up or find revival fluid to start bringing back people, and thus aging up ahead of the rest of the characters. I'm on board for it! As fun a story beat as "I struggled for 50 years to bring you back Senku" would be, that seems like waay too long to solve this particular problem. Best to make it 10 years at most.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I don't think old lady Suika will happen since by then all the stuff they'd built would be pretty much destroyed. 5-10~ years seems about right.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

She has to meet her dog again so it has to be less than 10 years or so

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's time for

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mulderman posted:

It's time for

it's time for a weapon to surpass melon gear

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

mabels big day posted:

She has to meet her dog again so it has to be less than 10 years or so

Oh god yeah that'd be...really just as loving depressing as old lady suika reviving senku and the others. suika finally getting home to ishigami village and her dog just being dead.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Go Suika! I can see a 5-10 year timeskip for her to grow up and join the S class of science team warriors. The last bottles are with the american girls right?

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah luna and chelsea had a few bottles, but uh...did they go into defensive position before they got stoned? we know luna tried to toss a thing straight up cuz she's a capable gal but uh...it didnt work out.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I'm not too convinced its going to take years for Suika to solve this, or that she'll get a substantial timeskip design out of it.

Renzuko posted:

Yeah luna and chelsea had a few bottles, but uh...did they go into defensive position before they got stoned? we know luna tried to toss a thing straight up cuz she's a capable gal but uh...it didnt work out.

Luna was standing, Chelsea was kneeling.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Extra years also don't help Suika, either she finds the bottles or she doesn't, and if she doesn't she has no way to make more even if given 20 years. She shouldn't need more than a year to find Chelsea/Luna.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

in the "find the bottles" scenario I see it going something like:
-she takes stock of where everyone is (she'd need to do this anyway for easier revival purposes)
-notes that everyone except Luna & Chelsea are in or around the camp
-figures they were probably sent away to do what she & francois planned
-determine where they went
-locate them
-bottles!!

Plenty of opportunity for ingenuity and jungle adventures

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Eeepies posted:

Extra years also don't help Suika, either she finds the bottles or she doesn't, and if she doesn't she has no way to make more even if given 20 years. She shouldn't need more than a year to find Chelsea/Luna.

Suika will hunt the length and breadth of South America to find a cave full of bat poo poo, mark my words

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Vengarr posted:

Suika will hunt the length and breadth of South America to find a cave full of bat poo poo, mark my words

Well she wont have to go very far

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Vengarr posted:

It's south america, there is, in fact, probably rather a lot of those.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Did Senku or Chrome even teach Suika how to make the revival fluid?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they told everyone but it is unclear how much of that suika retained. she was never one of the scientifically inclined tribal descendants. does she remember how to source the components? who knows!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Supremezero posted:

It's south america, there is, in fact, probably rather a lot of those.

Tragically her poor eyesight forces her to wander the continent until she masters the art of echolocation.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Z=195. Treasure Hunter, All Alone.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009231
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dr-stone-chapter-195/chapter/22440?action=read

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

real sad suika hours this week

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Can I give Suika a hug?

I do love this set up with the plans.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
oh hell yeah, more focus on the strict science aspect like in the early days

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm looking forward to Suika's Science Adventure

I actually do hope we get it and not a time skip to when she finally figures it out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fruit means she can create alcohol (but she won't have Taiju to smash up all the fruit... wonder if she'll recruit the monkeys or something?) but I'm still not sure how she'll find nitric acid. We haven't seen any bats yet and the manga is pretty good about background details (i.e., phases of the moon accurately showing the passage of time).

Maybe she'll find another source of it? The region they're in is fairly mineral rich iirc, maybe she can synesthesize something out of rocks and minerals?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fruit means she can create alcohol (but she won't have Taiju to smash up all the fruit... wonder if she'll recruit the monkeys or something?) but I'm still not sure how she'll find nitric acid. We haven't seen any bats yet and the manga is pretty good about background details (i.e., phases of the moon accurately showing the passage of time).

Maybe she'll find another source of it? The region they're in is fairly mineral rich iirc, maybe she can synesthesize something out of rocks and minerals?

The very top page of the instructions she found shows distilling urine to produce nitric acid as the end product, so she just has to drink a lot of water.

She also only has to produce enough to revive one person to accelerate the process.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Seems like the big sticking point is platinum. It's all well and good labelling the thing but how is she meant to figure out what the hell that is?

(The Ostwald process does allow copper as a substitute though)

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Fangz posted:

Seems like the big sticking point is platinum. It's all well and good labelling the thing but how is she meant to figure out what the hell that is?

(The Ostwald process does allow copper as a substitute though)

Yeah like...the only reason the science kingdom found platinum was because they found the original capsule, which i think was on soyuz's village's island.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Brazil apparently has sizeable platinum deposits so maybe she'll just.. trip over some exposed vein or something

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Or Senku could have just stuck a piece to that stack of papers

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Or it'll be listed in the geographer's map?

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah they were going to brazil for more platinum werent they? and the fact that it was also ground zero for the medusa.

cuz the plan was fuel city is in japan, corn city was in america...and mineral city was brasil wasnt it?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Darth TNT posted:

Can I give Suika a hug?

I do love this set up with the plans.

She's fine! Look, here she is, getting a hug for herself:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Science feel a lot lighter at this point in the manga (which is fine/natural so it can ramp up). Recall that when Senku awoke the manga made a huge deal about how surviving alone was a huge risk and consumed all his energy. He spent an entire year being unable to do much more than gather food due to how much energy just simple food gathering took, and also was highly worried that a simple flu could spell game over with no one around to help and no medicine available.

This should all be true for Suika although she may not realise it yet. I think it's fine to do a time skip and have a grown-up Suika awaken everyone, but i'll be disappointed if we follow her progress as she casually steamrolls through producing the revival fluid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Bisse posted:

Science feel a lot lighter at this point in the manga (which is fine/natural so it can ramp up). Recall that when Senku awoke the manga made a huge deal about how surviving alone was a huge risk and consumed all his energy. He spent an entire year being unable to do much more than gather food due to how much energy just simple food gathering took, and also was highly worried that a simple flu could spell game over with no one around to help and no medicine available.

This should all be true for Suika although she may not realise it yet. I think it's fine to do a time skip and have a grown-up Suika awaken everyone, but i'll be disappointed if we follow her progress as she casually steamrolls through producing the revival fluid.

Senku was a soft-bodied ultra-nerd who was born and raised in a modern society and had to figure out how to put into practice the survival techniques he had read about on the fly. Suika is a kid, but she's a healthy and fit kid(aside from the nearsightedness) who was born and raised in a primitive hunter-gatherer village and is probably substantially more used to the nuts and bolts of basic wilderness survival.

Staying alive on her own is still a pretty big job but in terms of the basic goal of "don't die of starvation" she's in much better shape than Senku was when he broke out for the first time.