Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The other thing is that Tsukasa's worldview is that society coddled the weak and he is selecting only the strong to survive so he's basically trying to recruit other bullies who didn't like the way society was run before the incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
A four stroke steam engine is cool and all but maybe Senku should figure out an exhaust system before he scalds someone's face off with that exhauist steam

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ironic that in the world without rules and the strong rule all that there would be a fuckin cop

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The dumbest thing is that the gag where the cop's eyes bulged out of his head looking at the blueprints shattered the stone over his eye and it remains shattered

Also I love that Gen is so incredibly key to Senku's success and yet they still try to play him off as being a self serving rear end in a top hat the entire time

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They made a fridge in half a chapter cold and sealed enough to preserve Tsukasa's corpse for months. Appropriate shipbuilding wood and sail/rigging material is easily handwavable at this point.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
An ocean faring boat is a complicated operation. They could easily just have problems pop up en route and fix them while having a flashback to boat preparation that has the bonus of being applicable to their current situation.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Realistically, following the coast is the far safer route because they can stop periodically to replenish supplies. Also it allows for side adventures in the Americas which would be better narratively than either skipping the entire voyage in a chapter or having x amount of chapters at sea. The only thing compelling them to just great circle sail across the ocean which is infinitely more dangerous would be a time limiter based on the expected operational time of the fridge.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wait how are they gonna plot a course across the ocean without an accurate map in the first place? Definitely coast hugging unless they just happen to find one preserved somewhere.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RatHat posted:

It must've been the Loom panel.

Trying to explain a loom to a bunch of drawing nerds sounds like an ordeal

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Did not think of Tsukasa as Yuuichi Nakamura but hey

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

JahRoo posted:

At some point the series is going to transition into a focus on the larger mystery because society will become too large and advanced for Senku to have the magnitude of influence over development that he currently does.

Luckily the manga focuses on Senku teaching and fostering the love of science and development in people rather than him just rebuilding society in his image so it doesn't matter if he is no longer as influential

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Man poor Tsukasa is gonna be in cold storage for a long rear end time if they gotta wait for wheat to grow before setting off.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Did they say if they were going to follow the American coast southwards? That would at least open up opportunities for forage and fishing to supplement what would be an incredibly monotonous diet of... fruitcake

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wouldn't they need to man at least two lighthouses situated pretty significantly far apart along the Japanese coast if they want to use it for some form of cross Pacific triangulation

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Darth TNT posted:

Not with Sonar man!

And just like that, things went very interesting again. :)

Using the ears on either side of your head to triangulate a single point across the globe is one step too far ok

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I know the answer is Asia but they really couldn't have one woman in the leadership council?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I mean like that's kinda the point right? Literally no female character is written to be at the same intellectual level as those four.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Nah I'm just realizing and pointing out that there are no female characters who have been given the intellectual capacity to lead or make decisions. Everyone is ridiculously specialized at something but only male characters are the ones whose skills crossover from "doing a thing" to being able to discuss an overall plan. Chrom gets a seat at the table from the manga because he's the post petrification successor to Senku and so has some capability to see the bigger picture.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Darth TNT posted:

I'm surprised they have to fix Kohaku up, I thought everyone agreed she was plenty cute.

Yeah this one's not working for me but that's what you get when you just draw every girl a certain way

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I am endlessly amused at the idea that the creators may have considered that modern standards of beauty are not timeless

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

kidcoelacanth posted:

The cat face is funny as gently caress so keep it coming

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eeepies posted:

Can someone explain the mini receiver to me? I'm just as lost as the non-senkus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_radio

Scroll down to the part where GIs in Italy would make them in foxholes to pick up news and music on the radio because the Germans could detect their regular radio sets

Eej fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 28, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

amigolupus posted:

I read Senku as being aro/ace, which is cool and pretty rare to see in a main character, especially in the shonen genre.

I see you've never heard of the man who's going to be the Pirate King

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mulderman posted:

She didn't lose though. She had to bail Ginro out of a jam.

Not giving her a clear win still counts as worfing

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That full colour art of Kirisame is unsettling... with all those flesh coloured spheres

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
A second space station!!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Light is also a wave so

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The manga actually just stalls indefinitely because someone put 3 O Rings on top of each other

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I am ten billion percent surprised that the capitalism elemental said he was looking out for the crew

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It took 3700 years but science invented a fabric that clings tightly into your rear end crack while letting you move around

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Luna has truly, truly ridiculous proportions

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Not sure if violently making GBS threads yourself after absorbing castor oil from sustained rotary engine flight is a good idea after recovering Senku but I guess you gotta do what ya gotta do

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Pugachev's Cobra also isn't a real dogfighting maneuver but what ya gonna do

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I would like to amend that statement with "has never been documented to be used in real combat"

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Can't believe they recruited thrower lady from medusa island only to ditch her in America

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Isn't this just a Zumwalt instead of the Sea Shadow

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mercury Hat posted:

He drew that village girl dying of chronic pneumonia pretty hornied up to get antibiotics, too. Doesn't Boichi have other outlets for this kind of thing, lmfao.

this is his outlet

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
More wars have been fought in the name of food security (eg lebensraum) so fighting over corn is just a return to norm. If anything fighting over oil is unique to the last hundred years.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's not full Fate Extra unless there's giantess/vore shoved in somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Brazil apparently has sizeable platinum deposits so maybe she'll just.. trip over some exposed vein or something