Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Thanks to this thread for the Wolf 359 recommendation, I've just got to the third season and while I enjoyed the first, I don't think I'd have stuck with it if I didn't know it would pick up momentum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Not a podcast but the radio series Revolting People by Jay Tarses and Andy Hamilton fits that description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhW1gh_2GXo.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Ratatozsk posted:

Is this confirmed s/p COVID? I could see this delaying the production schedule.

They just put out a mini announcement saying their release schedules haven't been affected and they've pivoted to remote recording setups for the future. Also that they're giving 10% of their patreon income to arts charities but not to donate to them on patreon if there's any risk you can't afford it in the coming months.

RQ seem to be good people.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Corpse roads and coffin routes were a thing though - when the nearest church was in the next valley over that's what they'd call the trail the pall bearers would take.
https://theoutdoorguide.co.uk/britains-favourite-walks/coffin-route-ambleside/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollins_Cross

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

So apparently Rusty Quill have just signed up with massive talent/media agency WME (who you may know from, for example, owning the UFC and media representation for the NFL and NHL). I give it a couple of years before TMA is on screens.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I just binged I Am In Eskew on this thread's recommendation and loved it. Great writing and a genuinely creepy setting.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I am really enjoying Victoriocity which has a charmingly Douglas Adams feel to it. (Honestly if anyone has any recommendations for similar serial podcasts I'd enjoy hearing them.)'

Edit: It isn't 'finished' but the seasons are self-contained..

There’s the radio show ‘bleak expectations’ which is a dickens pastiche with a LOT of daft wordplay jokes but they’re carried well by a stellar cast including Anthony Stewart Head and Geoffrey Whitehead, as well as a young Tom Allen (who does well in the role despite his more recent stand up/TV presenter persona). Not everyone’s cup of tea but some of the lines are incredible and ASH constantly cheering scenery is good value regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

busalover posted:

Currently listening to Bubble and Wolf 359, and enjoying both. Any recommendations for dramas that are in similar vein?

EOS 10 is pretty close in tone. Stellar Firma might also be worth a listen, it's a bit goofy but I enjoy it. Mission to Zyxx is goofier still and I got bored. Both Stellar Firma and Mission to Zyxx are largely improvised, but the two main actors in Stella Firma are brothers and it's from the same production team as Magnus Archives so there's some rapport and rigour in it but it's still light relief compared to the more scripted stuff.