Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

"I want horror that is unimaginably evil and uncaring"

Capitalism

"No, it's too much, just give me flesh monsters eating my children instead, please!"

Capitalism - does both at the same time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

They've done a good job of it, regardless as to whether or not the ending is ideal. I applaud them for that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Just been listening to that adaptation and... Uh... The ninth episode of season two is... Something...

Either it's a mistake, or it's... Something.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm never going to listen to it in a million years; what is it?

Throughout the story there's been implications that the Mi-Go can alter digital information, and can communicate with people remotely through it. The ninth episode is a combination of the intro music and distorted static. To answer my uncertainty about it, In the first episode of the third series, the hosts state they didn't upload it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I've tried The Storage Papers and Old Gods. Are any of the others any good?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I've been enjoying Wooden Overcoats so far - and I quite liked the Onion's pisstake on true crime podcasts as well This Sounds Serious.

Does anyone have suggestions for non-improvised comedy podcasts in those veins?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

calandryll posted:

Done Disappeared by John David Booter is a masterpiece. I wish there was a new season because it definitely is a great satire on all the true crime podcasts.

Having listened to it because of this recommendation (as well as Dangerous Person's) I agree!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

sad question posted:

Anyone check out the new Batman audio drama?

I wasn't aware there was. Where can one find it?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The White Vault's new season has started, and it sounds like someone told Kasner's V.A. to calm down.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Hopefully better than Limehouse.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Len posted:

Woke up to wooden overcoats season 4 finally being out. :hellyeah:

Neat!!!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So, what did people think of the White Vault?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, Wooden Overcoats had a nice send-off, I think.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

vortmax posted:

Is there a thread somewhere for serialized fiction on YouTube? Like Local 58 or Gemini Home Entertainment or Dad

I don't think so. Maybe it can be incorporated here? What are those things like?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So... Do you have to subscribe on their site to listen to it? Is that the only way?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Some people behind Wooden Overcoats, Wolf 359 and Rusty Quill have come up with a sitcom based on the misadventures of Marc Antony and Gaius Octavius after killing Brutus - Cry Havoc and ask questions later.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

It does help that we overhear the gang from a variety of sources. Makes it seem like the whole of the new institute is already poised against them, and it isn't just the same recording media type.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I have to admit, I'm finding Alice quite grating.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Thanks for the suggestion!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh yeah! The third series of Victoriocity is now out. If you haven't heard of it, it is a tres silly steampunk farce in a dystopian Britain where London takes up about a third of England and Queen Victoria is now some kind of mad meta-human brass supercomputer who everyone is too scared to tell that she should be officially declared dead.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Player.fm but I don't know if I can really recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I agree. It was an interesting premise, but it didn't really live up to it.