Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
We've already gotten more of a climactic fight scene from The Bright Sessions than the last show about ordinary people with extraordinary abilities, so fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
He wasn't a complete rear end in a top hat on The Wonder Years, per se...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Slamhound posted:

The Bright Sessions is back and continues to be a charming character piece.

Really enjoying it, but I hope there’s a solid endgame being built up to here. With all of the “heroes” together, Damien being held by the AM, and Sam wanting to put together an anti-AM, we’re treading dangerously close to... well... Heroes.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It felt very focused and also completely unfocused at the same time. Some kind of anti-AM was clearly necessary, and who better to do it, and then it turns out AM isn’t the worst maybe and they’re going to change it from the inside? Okay...

As a whole, it’s a good listen. There’s a lot of fun ideas at play and some solid performances. But I compared it to Heroes when it started, and that comparison is still apt. For better and worse.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I need you guys to listen to Mission To Zyxx so I can talk about it with someone. It's the best improv sci-fi in the entirety of this Galaxy.

Burned through the first season on a road trip and really enjoyed myself. The tiny glimpses into their recording process are fascinating too. Kind of like doing a character on CBB or Magic Tavern, but in short, group-approved bursts that are edited and mixed together later? I really want to know more about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Are there any shows that play with panning more than a traditional movie might?

Is having one character audible only from one side and another character from the other too gimmicky? Reliant on story?

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 16, 2019