Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

head58 posted:

Epcult is a fictional walking tour of Walt Disney World focusing on the mystical secrets therein. It's a couple of episodes in at this point, starting in the Magic Kingdom. It's done by a friend of mine so I'm biased but I think it's pretty solid and entertaining.

https://www.epcult.com/podcast/

This is my kind of weird. It's really fun to listen to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Jurgan posted:

Wolf 359 has come to an end. The ending was pretty much perfect, as far as I’m concerned. Can’t wait to see what those guys come up with next.

Oh man. It's so strange to catch the end of something I've been listening to for so long. I genuinely enjoyed it more than I ever expected, and cried more than once during this episode.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm surprised at the hate Nosleep gets here! I kinda dig the amateur-hour style. It really feels like just sitting around telling ghost stories, which is nice given how most horror podcasts go these days. I've bought each season pass since 3 when it started and never regretted it. Yeah, David Cummings is no voice actor (emphasis on "actor") but he's fine for introing/narrating/being a goofy spooky grandpa.

I like nosleep sometimes for this reason. It's very Are You Afraid of the Dark which just.... Appeals to my inner child. I don't care for the super edgelord tone of some stories, but the fun, silly ones I enjoy.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

10thAvenue posted:

Can we recommend bygone podcasts as well? I just discovered "We're Alive!" and it's pretty great. It started in 2009 and finished in 2016. It follows the survivors of a zombie apocalypse but is made more interesting than your typical zombie fare by not having too heavy an emphasis on people crying about their old life and the zombies are not just walking corpses. So, in addition to action and human drama, there’s a mystery that slowly unfolds regarding what the zombies are capable of. It’s remarkably well made, including excellent voice acting and sound effects that make it feel almost visual. Oh, and there’s a character that reminds me of Mike from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul so extra points for that too. Overall, I’d give it a 4.5/5.

I appreciate these kinds of recs too because I am kind of late to the podcast game and I would have never thought to look for something like this!

Thanks!

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Droyer posted:

Kind of similar: Are there any good classic mystery/whodunit podcasts? I listened to Deadly Manners but I didn't much care for it.

Deadly Manners was amusing as a riff on murder mysteries, but I'm going to third the request and hope there's some legit ones in the vein of Agatha Christie.