Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, has anyone played The Saboteur, btw? I noticed it came out on Steam the other day, so I'm curious about it. Never played it years ago when it first came out, but I vaguely recall people liking it as a stealthy-action game at the time. No idea how well it holds up though, of course!

It’s pretty cool iirc. Been like 20 years tho lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The notoriously hard to please Dr Oetker loved it. And grafe but grafe likes Metroid Other Mom so god knows really. But you can throw grandpas out of guard towers etc.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Trying to decide if I have too much self respect to buy a game titled Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 on the Steam sale or not...

I haven’t put as much time into 2 just because there’s a million other games out there but I enjoyed 1 a good bit and 2 seems like a pretty good improvement over it from what I played.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

And yeah I remember really loving the Saboteur when it was new-ish, but I haven’t revisited it since then to see how it holds up.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Regarding Saboteur, sounds good! I'll have to check it out

Punished Chuck posted:

I haven’t put as much time into 2 just because there’s a million other games out there but I enjoyed 1 a good bit and 2 seems like a pretty good improvement over it from what I played.

Yeah, I played through both a year or so ago. I found them both to be enjoyable, and the second is indeed slightly better, gameplay-wise. Although that being said, I kinda preferred the original SGWC's snowy map, over yet another 'dime a dozen' desert map like in SGWC2. Just personal preference, though

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Seventh Arrow posted:

SGWC2 is on my review list, but unfortunately I will be dog sitting at my sister’s for a week and will only have access to my crappy laptop.

If it’s any consolation , I can post pictures of her doggos; I can assure you that they’re very good bois.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Canine Theory

[timg][/timg] admin edit phone number removed

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
iks remove that picture for his sake if he doesnt delete it in time^^^^^^^

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Woops, thanks for pointing that out and taking action.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Spotting hidden codes, phone numbos etc via environmental storytelling... shout-out to a classic Immersive Sim Trope I see :D

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

the villains were immediately apprehended and punished with treats and head-scritches! :siren:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Spotting hidden codes, phone numbos etc via environmental storytelling... shout-out to a classic Immersive Sim Trope I see :D

Hah! Yeah, there was probably a post-it note with Seventh Arrow's four digit locker combination somewhere in the photo too, eh! Naturally, I bet it's 0451 :D
(Seriously though, drat - good swift action by the admin! I imagine this was the sound effect that went through IA's head when he noticed it)

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Major Isoor posted:

Hah! Yeah, there was probably a post-it note with Seventh Arrow's four digit locker combination somewhere in the photo too, eh! Naturally, I bet it's 0451 :D
(Seriously though, drat - good swift action by the admin! I imagine this was the sound effect that went through IA's head when he noticed it)

Nah, everyone expects 0451!

I used 1562 instead

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

The Chameleon

Once again, we have a stealth game offering from the ever-prolific Antonio Freyre, the stealthbro who brought us Undetected and No Sun To Worship. And boy howdy, do I hope you love pixels! The big-pixel approach is something that he makes a selling point of, and in the graphics options, you can set the Pixelation to "High", "Low", or "None." I suppose the idea is that Freyre is reveling in lo-fi retro nostalgia? Anyways, whether fat pixels is your thing or not, the developer really excels in providing memorable and captivating level design regardless of its blockiness. You start the game off as an escaped lab subject (this isn't a spoiler, it's made obvious from the start) who is tasked with escaping the immediate facility. Over time you gain many powers, the first of which is the ability to camouflage yourself as a guard. However, these abilities take up energy the more you use them so you have to be judicious in their use. You have the ability to knock out guards as well, but this will deplete all of your energy, leaving you vulnerable for a while. If you get caught, guards will slap you in the ol' porkchop and you will respawn at the last checkpoint. You still have all of your powers though, so if you're patient enough you could conceivably take out the 120+ guards in the facility.

There's not much more to say than that, as it's a pretty short game. The story is interesting as far as it goes but it doesn't get much of a chance to develop over the hour or so that you'll be spending with the game. It's pretty fun for what it is - not as good as Undetected, but more enjoyable than No Sun To Worship. It's only 5 bucks, I heartily endorse it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

lol

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

GOG stealth sale! Lots of games you probably own already at low, low prices!

https://www.gog.com/en/promo/20240403_stealth_sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thanks, that one almost slipped by me :D :D