Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mark of the Ninja is great. I always want to go back and play it on the harder NG+ difficulty but it does a really weird thing where all the screen apart from your vision cone is dark and shadowy and it gives me a headache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Coolguye posted:

In dishonored the goomba stomp is a goomba stomp :eyepop:

Dropping off the highest point of a level and breaking your fall with an air assassination is a good goomba stomp

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

i called them anal orgasms because its the first one i thought of, how ive probably had my rear end hosed 10000000000 in my lifetime and it always feels awesome, the little squish effect, the fact that it maintains your forward momentum and you can fly off of them like springs. Bellisimo!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The final boss of MGSV is global nuclear disarmament and nobody's beaten it yet. Koima is a genius!!! gently caress you!!!!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Oh yeah. Weren't consoles incredibly close

I think the 360 got close because about six people were playing on it but the counter didn't actually work properly so it never got anywhere. I think it's been patched recently along with them adding the ability to play as Ocelot out of nowhere, who the gently caress knows what's going on at Konami lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

he was sucking me off, in the toilet.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zas posted:

mgs2hd is on the uh... nvidia shield now. if you have that, for some reason.

The shield is a Switch prototype so I'm hoping for a Switch HD collection soon

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dishonored 2 is really good. It's maybe a little more uneven than the first one and the story gets in the way more, but the good parts are so good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Invisible Inc is really great, I love Klei

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ive been playing satellite reign and like how it wont let you save at all during a mission so you just have to commit to being spotted and either escalate into combat or try to stealth long enough the alert dissapears.. unless of course you want to play in the most tedious way possible and load a save to start all over again in which case you should be the next elusive target in hitman

Honestly you can just, like, run around a corner and crouch and they'll forget you're there in about ten seconds. Fun game though. I like having a couple of absurdly beefy lads blowing things up while my stealth and hacker stroll in in the background

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Seventh Arrow posted:

I'm convinced that all stealth games are puzzle games, it's just that some of them (like maybe Hitman) are more overt .

I agree but really you can look at any genre that isn't reflex/reaction heavy the same way. Ammo management, resource balancing, party composition etc can all be boiled down similarly. It's fun to do if you have a diseased brain like myself. Which is odd bc I get bored of puzzle games really quickly lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hope In Training meant the new Portal Bridge Builder game and is not sassing the Major. It looks cool.

also Heat Signature owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Finally got around to playing Chaos Theory (my first Splincter Cell). Game seems really cool so far, it looks great for its age but the controls are kind of weird. Think they'll be good when I get used to them though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I loved the Super Meat Boy level replay

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I like how when coming up for a bad guy in the revolution they picked lenin of all people

In Syndicate Karl Marx says revolution is bad and you should vote for political parties that will achieve gradual change, so it's consistent

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Karl Marx's Iconic Beard

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Has anyone played Seven: The Days Long Gone? Looks like it could be pretty cool, heard it was a bit nlbuggy on release but it just got a big update + demo + sale

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sam Fisher is back baby. As a DLC mission for Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got to the end of the first level in se3 where I Had to hold off waves of tanks and army men who were all marching on my position and it was incredibly boring. I'm interested in an Aragami review fwiw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got it free a few weeks ago :mrgw:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Suckin: The Gay's Long Dong.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

They called the seventh hitman hitman 2

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Get mastery on every level before moving on imo, that's what I did and I'm glad. Makes you really savour it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've been looking forward to Phantom Doctrine but all the reviews say it's kind of half baked and none of the systems really get a chance to shine, which put me off a bit as its the exact issue their previous game Hard West had, so it's good to hear people having a good time with it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Awesome https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/08/20/hitman-missions-remastered-in-hitman-2/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It goes on sale a lot so just wait. I think I got it for £15 when the final episode came out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm finally playing Shadow Tactics and it's an incredibly good little game for something that just came out of nowhere. It's so tense to play that I need to take long breaks between missions and I had vivid dreams last night about setting up shadow mode ambushes and nervously watching viewcones

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aston posted:

Geez do you have to go down into the basement every time?

Yeah it's dumb. It's the one part of the game where the daft story really messes with the gameplay but it's a particularly bad case of it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah that's what makes it so baffling. it doesn't happen at any other point and it's terrible lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

getting nostalgic for mandatory instant fail stealth sections in engines not built for it

ah, I see you've made it to jedi outcast then

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's extremely funny that that section is followed by the biggest set piece in the game where you and Luke go Dynasty Warriors on a million sith then blow up the entire place, like Kyle Katarn just forgot he was a Jedi for half an hour. I know that's always the case in those sections but it's so particularly loving dumb lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

im hype for ghost of tsushima which looks like it could be primarily a stealth game or at least played that way. but deep down really just wishing for new tenchu game :pray:
That was Sekiro dude

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's funny playing Sekiro knowing it began development as a literal Tenchu game, the outskirts and estate you can tell exactly how it was intended to play and that obviously falls away later. I dunno I find stuff like that interesting

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The only Tenchu game I've played was the Wii one which had kinda cool first person swordfighting but is otherwise one of the worst games I've ever played lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played Sniper Elite 3 for a bit and wasn't super impressed. The actual sniping was really well done but everything else about the gameplay was extremely generic 2010s western third person shooter to the point of being actively depressing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah I havent bought it yet but I liked what I played and I like that "going loud" is a viable option if you plan your approach carefully, haven't really seen one of these games pull that off. I Assume it's leS of an option later on.

I really liked Shogun but couldn't get into Commandos etc as a kid, would the quality of life and tactical pause stuff make it hard to go back to them now?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

If they were going to get one movie license it should have been Mr Bean but Bond could be cool too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's really good. Bit easier than Shadow Tactics imo but not in a bad way, just less frustrating bits

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's on Game Pass too.

Regy Rusty posted:

It owns. Isabelle is the coolest new addition that really makes it stand out from Shogun.
Isabelle kicks rear end, she's probably overpowered but too much fun to care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Occupation has a cool concept but is kind of dogshit, also it's predicated on the idea that there are British journalists with integrity and it's hard to suspend disbelief.