Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Does Imp Zone still do Metal Gear July or should I keep it to this thread? I just started a European Extreme MGS3 file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

European Extreme is insane. On one hand, it's nice to be able to fight your way out of a situation on regular Extreme, but Snake can absorb so many bullets that it still doesn't feel balanced. On EE you need to utilize a ton of your resources to avoid getting spotted. Throwing magazines to draw attention, crawling and stealth walking constantly. The tension is wonderful. It really unlocks the core stealth feelings.

At one point, I ran out of ammo for both my 1911 and M9 and was about to get stepped on by a guard while I was prone in some tall grass. I stabbed at him with the knife and he took damage but didn't aggro and end the game. So I swung again. And again. After slashing his shins to pieces he fell over and died, alert free.

Also, this may be obvious to some, but the cardboard box is useful not just for stationary hiding in the right places, but running around with it keeps you low like the crouch walk in the later games, proving it's worth in the mighty bush of the jungles of Russia.