Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

ikanreed posted:

The Dow that goes up is not the eternal dow

Thread title please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

It'll be fine, cash it out! Prove everyone was wrong to make fun of you for investing in crypto!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

FourLeaf posted:

hopefully

:swoon:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
loving lmebo if Mattress Firm goes under 'cause those fuckers cluster their stores obscenely dense, 175 closures nationwide would leave only like 80 stores per state on average. The most frequently asked question sfter "Can I use your bathroom?" was "Why do you guys have two stores within a mile of each other?" To which the answer was "We used to have THREE stores within one mile." Nevermind all the stores that are closer than THAT still.
Protip: when you find a bed you like, get it outlet (returned) or floor model on a 15 margin. Works better if your salesman CLEARLY did not want to wake up that morning.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Horseshoe theory posted:

I thought Mattress FIRM already was found out to have been a pump and dump scheme by the former CEO? How the hell is it not in forced bankruptcy at this point?! :thunk:

Holy poo poo, link please? I want all the schadenfreude. I thought they were just an oversaturated bedding retailer.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Ahahahahahahahahaha! :kiss: Thank you so much!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^^^
Beaten, apparently. xD

Willie Tomg posted:

disrupting the bake sale with the power of blockchain

Have we got the whole "cashing out" thing figured out then, or...? Does the school exchange the bitcoins for money from an SV goofball who proceeds to write off the transaction as a legitimate charitable donation? No loving part of this story makes sense to me.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Trash Trick posted:

Really enjoying all of the Phoenix/Southwestern American historychat, all. thx for the words.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

ChainsawCharlie posted:

So either musk is a sociopathic moron that uses anti-semitic cues, or a narcisistic dunce with no social awareness.

Meritocracy ,everyone.

¿Porqué no los dos?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Next year is going to be loving wild

This has and will forever be a true statement from about 2006 onward.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

that's a microwave

Gentlemen, it has come to our attention that there are still NEETs out there, living with their parents, who still know how the chemical reaction of 'caramelisation' works. This CANNOT stand. So, we bring you this. In the event of a world-changing catastrophe, it ties up electronic components that could've gone into actually-useful machines.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Larry Parrish posted:

Trust me when I say MREs range between bland and disgusting with no in between. At least the chemical heat pack can get the food hot enough to scald your tongue so you stop tasting it

The MRE I had 20 years ago was legit delish, :shrug: 'twas chicken ala king, but I can't imagine they've gotten /worse/, or that it was an accurate representation of the dish known as chicken ala king, as prepared by an actual cook.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Taintrunner posted:

mao was right, shoot all the landlords, bosses, and other petty tyrants

Except Carlo.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

logikv9 posted:

dominos gonna replace potholes with traffic barriers that only lower if your car is carrying a Hot and Delicious Dominos Large Pizza™

For some reason, the addition of the adjectives there triggers me way harder than the objective reality that this will be the case.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

logikv9 posted:

or is this one of those things where you have to sign a huge "lol can't Sue us" contract to buy one

"That's not legal, they'd never get away with that, you're just spouting rhetoric"- my dad, on being informed of basically anything perpetrated by the wealthy in the last ever, but especially 10 years.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Panfilo posted:

The type of person that can afford a Tesla can afford to win a lawsuit against them.

Their surviving kin will not win the lawsuit, no.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

MeatwadIsGod posted:

What's more, you get royalties for any organic material used in an FDA- approved clinical trial!

Sounded plausible until you reached this bit.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Ytlaya posted:

Elon Musk is like if you took 10 year old me, who thought that if you put a metal ball bearing in the middle of a tube of electromagnets and used them to make it float in the center you could accelerate it to the speed of electricity(!), and then gave me billions of dollars.

Speaking seriously, he actually is like if you took every random "young white person who isn't a scientist or engineer but likes scifi and has read some wikipedia articles and popsci books" and gave them infinite money.

So you're saying to buy futures in pizza rolls?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
What could a swarm (like 30) of jungle cats (let's say leopards) mounted by exceptionally-buff circus midgets wielding horse dildos do to our civil infrastructure? For the purpose of this exercise, let's say the leopards are fireproof and the midgets can communicate telepathically with each other.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lol, a cave system wherein a human cannot have an oxygen tank on their back for parts of it can accomodate a submersive vehicle, even a below-average-sized one.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

That was a big in the foreclosure epidemic. Mortgages were repackaged and passed around so often and haphazardly that they often had no evidence that they owned the loan.

When poors do it, it's forgery and a very serious felony. When corporations and banks do it, it's called robosigning and is 100% legal.

Tubgoat fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 20, 2018

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Reconnected with a buddy who moved to Texas to be with her partner; apparently sandwich slaves get 8/hour in store and 5/hour while driving delivery despite not receiving tips (people could tip, but why tip the Panera driver?), and it seems the boss doesn't have to bring it up to state minimum. America doesn't have labor laws, lol. I admire her fortitude, I'd've taken up banditry by now. Yes, I'm aware everyone is armed to the teeth but a gun's useless if its wielder is dead.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Epic High Five posted:

Volunteer to deliver a big catering order and then just take it home and never return

Insh'allah, but I think it's just poo poo that my sister, who delivers pizza and even at 10.50/hour lives off of tips, wouldn't bother driving on a bad night or to a particularly bad neighborhood, if she knew for a fact that she was gonna get stiffed. Luckily for my sister, the current management has her back regarding habitual stiffs. Their labor is stretched so goddamn thin because the pay is poo poo and the work is poo poo and she will never ever breathe a word about unionisation because she assumes that a job that can't hire enough staff for reasonable shifts can replace an enthusiastic cross-trained delivery driver with the zone all but memorised. Also she REALLY hates Black Lives Matter protestors, not directly out of racism, but because she believes that protesting in front of city hall or a police station would affect positive change more readily than shutting down the intersection near where someone was gunned down. Or claims to believe. She knows as well as I that no amount of non-violent protest will accomplish anything. :negative:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Epic High Five posted:

our system did this automatically so they required the management to run a report once a week to see if anybody received it, tell them to claim more tips, and if they appeared again they were fired lol

then once a year we'd go to a big meeting where they'd ask us to brainstorm pitches for ways to reduce turnover because training people is so expensive

when I told them that half my kitchen staff quit because another restaurant across the street offered to pay them another dollar an hour they said it was probably a morale issue lmao

...When their salary depends on their not understanding it.

Everyone realises this is bullshit, so why aren't smarter billionaires hiring hit squads to take out uncooperative execs? It's unlikely to lead to full communism ever, but it would definitely relieve pressure from the serfs and by extension themselves, and then they'd even be able to hoover up all the newly-liberated wealth, not to mention that which is created by their newly-appeased slave force.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Epic High Five posted:

shareholders say that'll be bad for the next quarterly reports sorry

What I'm saying is that, given that this entire system is built on unequal distribution of resources and asymmetry of information, a forward-thinking (though by no means benevolent) billionaire could arrange for their business rivals to have unfortunate accidents or become bored of living or what have you, and said rivals' resources can be used to spur economic growth to keep this hellish monstrosity shambling along for another decade. Capitalists are clinical psychopaths, so why not make a rival's resources one's own resources? Increase score AND eliminate competition. Seems efficient to me.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

the bitcoin of weed posted:

why use stolen wealth to promote economic growth when it could be added to the dragon hoard for a bigger high score

Because instead of stealing several billion dollars, they could steal several billion dollars and use it to buy hundreds of billions of dollars AND pretend to be heroes.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I explicitly said there's no such thing as a benevolent capitalist, this would be more to "consolidate" them, if you will, making it easier to clean up when we're ready.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

rudatron posted:

America will become a failed state.

Hello, poster in the distant past! It turns out Y2K isn't actually a thing! Exploit this knowledge to your advantage! Oh, also buy Magic: The Gathering cards from the Alpha, Beta, Unlimited and Revised sets, specifically the funny-looking lands.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

:stonk: :yikes:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

He's not wrong, it's just that the taxpayers will have the losses vacuumed out of their retirements/infrastructure.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Legit, how do I sell my hair? Got a full, luscious head of it and it's just getting in the way. I can pay for a haircut to donate it to Locks of Love, but there doesn't appear to be a way to sell it for money I can spend, only for Fantastic Sams or Great Clips to sell a haircut and then receive a tax write-off for it. Google wasn't unhelpful when I searched. I've been shiny-bald twice and it's not bad; it's lots of fun to rub one's freshly shorn head on a cat. As a bonus, when it starts to grow back, I look intimidating as gently caress.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

hobbesmaster posted:

probably why overwatch is on ESPN now

:popeye:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Today, I found ~$900 of counterfeit Magic cards and a box of spaghetti. The spaghetti was a little water-damaged but smells fine and tastes just fine. This is my economic doomsday story, thanks for listening.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^^^^^^^^ Yes, this, unless, if hired, doing so would cause non-bougies to suffer even more than they currently are.

The second one. It's a couple duals and some miscellaneous money cards. Good quality counterfeits mostly, some of the print is a little off and they're clearly too heavy of stock, but in a sleeve no one would look twice at them aside from I'm super poor and anyone who knows of me would call the head judge so quick.

One day after visiting my mate who broke his pancreas, I was hungry and dehydrated enough that I was contemplating spending money at McDonald's. On my way to the bus stop I chose, I found 2 McChickens, still warm. On the bus whose stop I chose, I found a nearly-full bottle of water, untainted. You want me in your party because my magic find is almost as high as I want to be, is what I'm saying.

Tubgoat fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 30, 2018

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Edit =! Reply

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm fundamentally opposed to torture, so were I to get ahold of these fuckers, I'd hand them over to violent sadists and just leave the area for a couple weeks.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

got any sevens posted:

you'd hand them over to themselves?

Lol, like they're even capable of having existential crises. xD

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

quote:

reading these posts make me want to hang myself with the flag outside my window it's just so American

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^^^^ Checks out.

How're ya feelin'? Head and elbow all right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Quote not edit.