Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zeno-25 posted:

To be fair my spirit animal is the Frenchman. I am generally lazy, hostile to religion, smoke, and indulgent of my particularly curated tastes.

Which includes expert slur knowledge and xenophobia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol this shill spells fracking “fracing” because of an industry conspiracy theory that “frack,” sharing an initial and two final letters with “gently caress,” is an attempt by the liberal media to effect subliminally a negative association in audiences.

https://www.npr.org/2014/05/28/316552595/no-matter-how-you-spell-it-fracking-stirs-controversy posted:

LARRY FULMER: My name is Larry Fulmer. I'm the frac superintendent for Cabot Oil and Gas in the Northeast region.

CUSICK: Fulmer says he's been safely fracking for decades. Actually, he's been hydraulically fracturing, and like many in the industry, he prefers to spell fracking with a C apostrophe ING.

He believes the more popular - and now dictionary spelling - of fracking with a K is a deliberate attempt to make it look more like that other word that begins with an F and ends with a CK.

FULMER: It actually was a term that was brought about by people who are against the exploration of natural gas up here. And they added the K to make it look like a bad word - to diminish what we're doing.

CUSICK: It's true that fracking has sparked fierce opposition from many environmentalists who worry about its effects on air and water quality. They often do use it as a substitution for the F word, holding signs at rallies with slogans like frack off and no fracking way.

(SOUNDBITE OF RALLY)

CROWD: (Chanting) No fracking way. No fracking way. Let's hear it.

ps what is c-apostrophe-ing? frac’ing?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

that’s one of the funnier numbers, yes!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

fits my needs posted:

occupy wall st is probably the closest we got to hippie stuff in the modern era, it rose awareness of how hosed everything is and put "99% vs 1%" in the common language or whatever......:shrug:

raising awareness is the name of the game. the higher the awareness number, the bigger the win.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Zil posted:

Yeah it's going to gently caress over a lot of working-class people

They have already set up a GoFundMe to helpout a little

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bandingtogether2020

sounds good to me:

quote:

Our venues and staff are ready and willing to work to make ten glorious days of music, art, culture and technology happen across our city, and more folks around town are joining us every minute. Artists and workers have incurred expenses to get to and stay in the "Live Music Capitol of the World" during the next few weeks. Some may have been reimbursed or refunded but many folks are out thousands of dollars. Our goal is to keep as many artists as possible coming to Austin. We also want to assist re-homing events that are losing their venues or can’t afford to pay for equipment or staff.

We are actively working to put artists on replacement showcases. If you are an musician, sponsor, content creator, influencer, production worker, bartender, promoter, manager, agent or philanthropist whose life blood is subsidized by SXSW please fill out the form HERE and someone from our team will reach out to support however we can.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

Reminder he literally said he was a Spartacist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJe86RQq8lQ

trot to neocon pipeline babey :c00l:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Xaris posted:

maybe it should be

everything is stupid lol

is this your money ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Slotducks posted:

lol the only safe vaccine to take will be about the 5th one to hit the market - everything before that is going to be rife with false data and a skyhigh degree of uncertainty

Sounds like Apple products, you always want to let some other suckers be the guinea pigs for the first few rounds