Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little munchkin
post in here about Tab, the cola drink that nobody in here drinks but it would be funny to pretend we all do and get really enthusiastic about drinking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless

Huh? What's that? A thread for discussing... *grins at audience, waggles eyebrows* RC COLA?!!!

FactsAreUseless

[trying to keep a straight face] I love the drink Tab. I think it's good. In fact, it's equally as good as Pepsi.

*camera slowly zooms out to reveal that I'm not being ironic, but am instead held hostage in a Tab factory, ISIS-style*

FactsAreUseless

An elderly, exhausted polar bear coughs, taking a drag from a cigarette to steady its shaking hands. It holds up a can of Tab.

"It's Christmas, so drink some [the expletive is deleted because the commercial is for children] Tab! It's the drink of Christmas!"

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Actor: When I wanna wash the stale taste of rear end out of MY mouth, I drink Tab!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Android Blues

FactsAreUseless posted:

[trying to keep a straight face] I love the drink Tab. I think it's good. In fact, it's equally as good as Pepsi.

*camera slowly zooms out to reveal that I'm not being ironic, but am instead held hostage in a Tab factory, ISIS-style*

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
tab is a perfectly good cola substitute *breaks down crying*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

little munchkin
mods or admins, please change the title of BYOB to "BYOB: Pretending to like the soft drink tab as a joke", in order to make this thread more successful, thanks in advance

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

little munchkin
it's a hot day out, luckily I have this ice-cold tab to cool me off

----------------

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
*takes a sip of tab* "this is pretty refreshing" *winks knowingly to the camera*

FactsAreUseless

Coca-Cola got all the good names, so now Tab cans say things like "Share a Tab with... SHPLENDY"

FactsAreUseless

Now let's find out what Tab really is, gang!

[in unison] New Coke?! But why?

little munchkin

FactsAreUseless posted:

Coca-Cola got all the good names, so now Tab cans say things like "Share a Tab with... SHPLENDY"

you better be careful talking like that here. everyone in BYOB loves the soft drink Tab and drinks it all the time

----------------

Manifisto

I have very positive feelings about this cola beverage named after a key on my keyboard

on the basis of this experience, I would consider drinking, say, Shift orange drink, or Ctrl lemon-lime

ty nesamdoom!

Nosfereefer

"tab is..." *wincing slightly* "not too bad." *im' visibly sweating now* "sometimes i... i..." the shaking is impossible to control at this point "d.. drink it?" i can vaguely hear shouts of alarm as im fainting

vanisher

FactsAreUseless posted:

An elderly, exhausted polar bear coughs, taking a drag from a cigarette to steady its shaking hands. It holds up a can of Tab.

"It's Christmas, so drink some [the expletive is deleted because the commercial is for children] Tab! It's the drink of Christmas!"

vanisher

A Tab a day keeps the doctor at bay, is what I was raised to believe by my controlling overbearing parents. I still drink them when they are in town. (moms head peeks from around a corner)

A...and every Sunday!! Haha

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The LA Beast looks nervously at the several cases of Tab he has stacked in his room. His camcorder focused on them as well.

"I can set the world record" he says to himself. "I'm the stick butter eating world champion. I-I can handle this..."

His parents cashed in the "branded entertainment" check that came in the mail from Tab a few weeks later. They will use the money to start a competitive eating charity in his namesake.

wearing a lampshade

"bah gawd, is that tab's music?!"

wearing a lampshade

My friend: I'll have a pint of Stoneroad Oatmeal Stout.
Me: :barf::barf::barf: god that sounds disgusting... loving gross... probably tastes like rear end after digesting spicy pork rinds... I'll just have a Tab. :cool:

little munchkin

albany academy posted:

"bah gawd, is that tab's music?!"

it would be funny if there was a can of Tab that was a professional wrestler, and it made a suprise entrance like that. you know byob would be going be going crazy if that happened on account of how much they like to drink Tab

----------------

poorlifedecision
Singing: I'd like to buy the world a Tab, and keep it company. The world won't talk to me anymore and took the kids away. Jesus world just pick up the phone and have a Tab with me!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

tab?!?! da hecks dat? what are you a motherfuckin computer keyboard here?? did i walk into a fuckken BAR?? [explanatory text a 'tab'at a bar is jkept by the bartender of your drinks] . *swigs down can* let me tell you, i'd keep...'an eye' on this soda for sure!!!

wearing a lampshade

I like to imagine a world where Tab, my favourite soda, beats up all of my bullies in front of me and then it lets me take a long, ice-cold sip

You could say revenge is a Tab best served ice cold... but in a warm room so the condensation on the can looks really cool...

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
When I poke a hole into a shook up Tab can and pretend to pee using it people just get on their knees and lap it up instead of thinking I'm immature.

cda

by Hand Knit
Irony is ruining the forums.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
I don't care if it's ironic or not, saying you drink Tab should be a ban.

----------------

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i have a brand new mixed drink i came up with and i'm inviting all of byob to try it. It's a play on the classical 'rum & coke' but uses the delicious cola substitute instead, Tab! i call it a 'Tab & coke'

Dads Dip Cup

Tab is most definitely in my personal list of "top 100 favorite soft drinks". It is the perfect drink to enjoy with your family and/or friends at a game of squash.

City of Glompton

I love the delicious taste of 0 calorie Tab and the way the pink can matches my manicure. Once they produce a Tab-flavored Lip Smacker, my aesthetic will be complete.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

cda posted:

I don't care if it's ironic or not, saying you drink Tab should be a ban.

qcs: pepsi is the plague that has made the forums lovely

Robot Made of Meat

Tab Hunter: A man on an ongoing quest for Tab.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

wearing a lampshade

I feel bad for you that you think loving tab is can only be ironic. I cant even begin to imagine the darkness of your surely hellish existence, the daily torment you must suffer through as you drink lesser beverages. But maybe one day you'll know the one true joy of cracking open a cold Tab™, alone in the basement, as you imagine your extensive collection of non-poseable anime figurines nodding in approval.

vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

wearing a lampshade

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 7, 2017

Dads Dip Cup

Unlike liquids that may cause death or irreparable damage to the body when ingested, Tab is refreshing and non-toxic. You can enjoy it in your living room, or your bedroom, or perhaps even in your underwear. With Tab, the possibilities are endless

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
If you roll a can of Tab onto your wrinkled clothing you can pretend it's an iron. I hope that was ironic enough

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

google THIS

albany academy posted:

I feel bad for you that you think loving tab is can only be ironic. I cant even begin to imagine the darkness of your surely hellish existence, the daily torment you must suffer through as you drink lesser beverages. But maybe one day you'll know the one true joy of cracking open a cold Tab™, alone in the basement, as you imagine your extensive collection of non-poseable anime figurines nodding in approval.

if you enjoy tab you can pretend to hate it, and thus still be discussing the soft drink tab in an ironic way as requested

google THIS

"I hate Tab. It is loathsome and dishonoroble. Hey, have you heard that Tab stands for 'totally artificial beverage?' That is because Tab, the soft drink that I refuse to imbibe, tastes bad." -- something that someone who enjoys Tab might say, in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
I like my Tab like I respect my women: ironically.

• Locked thread