Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!


HP 25/25 | Armor 4 | Load 7/14 | XP 8/9

He landed on his target easily enough. And now the occupants would learn the problem with air and space vehicles. They tended to be built for maneuverability rather than durability. Making his way to the hatch, he glanced at Jet as she did her thing. Should work to their benefit. Whoever was on board would have to either split their attention or go after one of them leaving the other with a clear avenue of attack. Grabbing hold of the hatch, he hauled back, prying it from it from the hull.

Bend Bars, Lift Gates: 2d6+2 9
It doesn't take very long and nothing of value is destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 6/10 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Still leaning back against Lian, Neon=Neon gives the synth a big thumbs up. Slipping into Shiheian, she says, "乙, リアンĖちゃん!"

Of course, it turns out that immediately after shooting up the death satellite, everyone suddenly wants to capture it. Given all the expensive-looking junk floating into space... Neon=Neon can only wish them luck. Of course, that also means that a bunch of people are downrange and make shooting at it a dicey prospect anyways. Instead, Neon=Neon toggles the safety and lets the scope play out over the satellite. Even if she wasn't shooting it, between her and Lian they could definitely come up with some good intel for Sol and Jet's caveman approach!

Neon=Neon says, "Alright, Lian, patch into my optics and give me a second pair of eyes on this! You're doing great!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:53 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Discern some realities on overwatch! = (4+6)+2 = 12

Three questions: What is about to happen? What should I be on the lookout for? What here is not what it appears to be?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 7/9

Behold flips over as Jet is flung towards the enemy, using her thruster pack to stabilize herself and alter her trajectory to intersect back with the main satellite. As she approaches it, Behold looks around, wracking her memory. Something about the attack satellite is jogging her memory but she's having trouble putting her finger on what, exactly.

@Gorbash: 2d6+2 Spout Lore = (4+2)+2 = 8

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Dec 20, 2017 around 20:17

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 1/11
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter | Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


The only warning Zann received of the incoming projectile was a sensor ping with far too little time to warn Wei to detatch his ship, and almost too little time for the lich to kick off from the satellite and re-orbit. "Well. I hope the rest of you learn to breath vacuum some time soon, because our ride is now a rather daring modern art piece." With Chauncey busy jetting back from the panel that ripped off under his weight, Zann has to make the most desperate decision of all - relying on an intern. "Matthias, get over here and link up with my spell matrix. We're going to wreck that remote body before whoever is running it pulls anything else out of their hat. Be careful, I think I recognize that crown."

@wiegieman: 2d6+2 defy danger with orbital mechanics = (3+6)+2 = 11 zann cunningly performs the "be somewhere else" technique
@wiegieman: 2d6+3 defy danger by holding on with all available arms = (1+2)+3 = 6 chauncey is too swole for the construction of this satellite
@wiegieman: 2d6+4 frag that extra body with extradimensional ice detonation = (4+2)+4 = 10
@wiegieman: 3d6 damage = (6+1+6) = 13

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg0TFQhHtUg

Seira

While Seira manages to pull herself down to Wei's ship very rapidly, she realizes that she underestimated the centrifugal force when she lands and finds her boot going straight through the pulverized outer hull. It's quite difficult to move. Wei looks to be battered but alive, though he's straining against what must be several Gs of force and unable to break free of his seat. Above her, the arms of Wei's ship are locked out to their maximum extension and straining to maintain a grip...

What do you do? Defy Danger if you want to get Wei out of there and/or escape back to the primary satellite!

Sol, Jet, and Behold

A trio of small boarder-repelling drones deploy from the attack satellite's rear module and open fire on the incoming Jet. While they land a few shots on the way in, they fail to slow her enough to prevent her from crashing through the vessel's skin and smashing the Shell pilot out of its control center.

Outside, the port solar array collapses due to the impact, scattering reflective panels in every direction. With Jet screening the drones and a field of debris to block their approach, Behold and Sol have no issue approaching the vessel. As Behold approaches, she notices Amelian emblematics painted on the side of the attack satellite and remembers something about their missile safety systems, but that's about it. Sol pries open the forward hatch, opening a line of sight directly to Zann...

The Shell bounces around the inside of satellite with impossible ease, taking the chance to slash at Jet with its arm scythes before she can gain her bearings. Thankfully, a magical explosion of razor-sharp ice crystals severs one of its arms and sends it flying further back into the satellite. Ice crystals continue to grow on every surface, including Jet's space suit, adding an extra bit of chill to the hard vacuum of space.

The crystals look to be melting a bit, though...

Jet takes another 7 damage and is in a melee with the Shell. The Attack Satellite takes 5 more damage! There are multiple entrances and the Shell is thrown to the back of the vessel.

Zann and Neon

Those still rooted to the surface of the primary satellite are awarded a brief moment of respite as the attack satellite disappears over the very short horizon.

"Woo, yeah! Nice one, boss!" Matthias puts a hand up to high-five Zann, but slowly lowers it as he squints and realizes that the Shell is still quite alive. "Sorry, I think that guy's still kicking somehow."

"はいはい!" Neon receives a text notification that Lian has remotely accessed her optics. "Um... I'm on IR... Are we heating up? Look! Is that bay door - ?""

The attack satellite appears once more, though it has drifted a little bit further into the distance thanks to the added energy of several assailants. Lian suddenly grabs Neon by the waist and tries to shove her out of the way. "M-Missile launch! Move!"

The Shell takes 13 damage!
  • Missile incoming!
  • Look out for thermal hazards as you enter the stratosphere.
  • The satellite you're on is a little odd... It looks like there are seams, as if there's a shroud. Is something else inside?

Atlatl fucked around with this message at Dec 20, 2017 around 20:15

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 15/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 1/10

"Coming with everything for me, ha? THAT'S JUST FINE!" Jet suddenly leaps in a completely idiotic move that takes her at ramming speed directly into the Shell's chest, dislodging its grip on the floor and sending them both into a bulkhead. Laughing all the while, Jet begins slamming a metal fist into its metal chest, over and over, until a screeching of metal announces that something is giving.

It turns out to be the bulkhead's hold on its hinges- metal expansion, maybe- and the crackling remains of the shell are sent flying into space in one direction as Jet boots it and the door away, sending herself flying back into the technically habitable areas of the sat. "GET hosed!"

12 H/S, 10 damage, Dead Shell.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 8/9

It looks like Jet and Sol have the attack satellite well in hand, Seira is checking on Wei, Neon and her new friend are secure, and Zann's gang are getting ready to do terrible things to whoever is behind this. That just leaves... Behold keys her com. "Basil, what's your status?" she says, looking around for the spacer.

[[Oh, you know, just... floating here... with no maneuver pack... untethered in a decaying orbit... how are you?]] Basil is doing a pretty good job of keeping calm, but the edge in his voice is unmistakable.

"Roger that, on my way," Behold replies, getting out her mag grapple.

[[I'll just wait here then.]]

Behold activates her thruster again and arcs around the main satellite, keeping an eye out in case someone is trying to sneak up on them using the satellite as cover. As soon as she spots Basil, she adjusts course for a rendezvous and snags him, tethering them together. "Hold on tight, I'm going to get us an aggressive vector change," she tells him, then fires a mag grapple onto the satellite. The line snaps taught and suddenly jerks them onto a new path. It should keep anyone from getting a clean shot on them as they come back around to the other side of the satellite

@Gorbash: 2d6-1 = (1+2)-1 = 2 Discern Realities
Keeping an eye out for any bad guys sneaking up on us on the far side of the main satellite.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!


HP 25/25 | Armor 4 | Load 7/14 | XP 8/9

"Jet! Heads up." Sol pulled the remaining autoinjector from his suit's outside pockets and gently lobbed it to the woman. "No, I don't know how you're going to use that while wearing a space suit. Be clever."

At that, he gripped either side of the hatch opening he had made and dropped inside, ready to visit some violence on people.

Standard healing potion, remove 10 damage or a debility.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 11/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 4/9

@Mitama: 2d6+2 = (1+4)+2 = 7

"Oh no. No, no, no." Seira runs over to Wei, checking if his suit's compromised. She gets a small battering of debris and stuff from the crumpling spaceship, but her PA manages to deflect most of the stray bits.

"Wei!" She pushes her way through the sheer amount of force pulling her down, hoping to get close enough to reach him. She offers his hand to him, then tries to fling her whip around one of the ship's moving arms. If she can reel both of them out of this wreck, she will.

She's not sure what to do with Bishop, though. That has to come second.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 6/10 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon quickly scans upward and sights the incoming missile. Her reticle hovers over the head of the missile, but the increasing heat and Lian's mention of some sort of hidden weirdness held her hand. It would be easy enough to address each problem in turn, sure, but why should the best idol in space ó possibly the only idol in space, but that was sophistry she had no time for ó restrain herself like that? A feral grin comes over her face as a brilliant idea occurs to her. The reticle slips upward towards the missile's guiding fins and then ó again with a mighty kick and an equally mightily disappointing lack of sound ó a bullet punches through it. The missile begins to wobble and spin, eventually tumbling end over end, then erupts into a pillar of fire and twisted metal when it slams into the seam that Lian had pointed out.

Neon=Neon quickly slings her rifle, scoops up Lian into a princess carry with a quick "Hang on tight~!", and then takes a loping gait towards the clearing explosion. Whatever the heck was in there would surely be both cool and awesome! Possibly blown apart, sure, but this wasn't the time to get bogged down with such minor concerns. This was exciting!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:31 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+3 Defy Danger (+Dex, +Assess) = (5+6)+3 = 14

It happens and it's stylish as hell to boot.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xrS5yb4zNk

The Shell's holographic crown flickers and disappears as it tumbles off into space. The one hovering over the station itself still remains, however. Those inside can feel the station jerk as a missile jettisons from one of the racks and boosts towards the main satellite.

Thankfully, Neon seems to be quite handy with her rifle and the missile is deflected down into the bottom section of the main satellite.

Behold

Basil's yelling and flailing is far too distracting to really notice anything on the way down, including the missile passing very close to her. The two are still on their way down to the satellite when a flash of light erupts below them and sends a large panel tumbling up in their direction.

A big fairing piece (big and thin) is headed your way. What do you do?

Neon

Lian hugs Neon tight as they stride into the unexplored portion of the main satellite. It appears as if the seam was part of a very large fairing fitted over the bottom area; the four massive panels are sent tumbling into space, revealing something that looks like an oversized command module. The type designed for reentry, of course. The ablative heat shielding on the bottom looks to be untouched. Where the top would be is a large cylindrical void; it looks like most of the contents of the satellite can be loaded inside before jettisoning the capsule.

Seira

"Oy!" Wei answers back.

His suit condition monitor shows no punctures and he seems fine other than being a bit concussed. The two are on their way up when the entire main satellite shudders and a large fairing piece comes tumbling their way...

You also have a fairing panel headed your way. What do you do?

Jet, you have some sort of autoinjector/drink straw port on your suit, as does everyone else.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 2/11
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter | Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


Seeing an impending friendly collision HUD ping appear, Zann quickly orders Chauncey to divert from his owner rendezvous and haul the collision-rated deckplate he left the satellite with over to Behold and Basil, which he does with his usual aplomb and sheer delta-v backed muscle power. With the nominal team leader's death postponed for the moment Zann and Matthias resume bombarding the hostiles with heavy spell artillery, while the lich spouts a steady stream of instructional platitudes. "Stay focused on the spell matrix and keep your neurons all pointed the same way, and for gods sake don't forget to snip off that trailing variable cluster or you'll end up boiling the brains out of your skull. Deep breaths! We're only half of the way through your O2 supply and I can bring you back from braindeath anyway."

@wiegieman: 2d6+3 interception mission = (5+6)+3 = 14
@wiegieman: 2d6+4 another frost blast = (5+3)+4 = 12
@wiegieman: 3d6 damage = (1+5+3) = 9

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 6/10 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon toggles her comms, swapping to the team's channel, "Hey~! Lian and I found a reentry capsule on the satellite! If you all wrap it up quick, we can all squeeze in and use it to head back down! You're welcome~!☆"

Not content to simply talk the talk, Neon helps Lian into the capsule and gets in herself. The exact launching mechanism doesn't immediately pop out at her, but that's okay. That's kind of a Behold problem anyways. As the two settle in, Neon=Neon swaps back to private comms and gently bops Lian on the shoulder, "Great work out there, Lian! We make an awesome team."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 8/9

Behold catches sight of the fairing just as Chauncy intercepts it. Nothing like an excess of delta-v to solve orbital mechanics. As she completes her swing around the target satellite she spots the re-entry vehicle and the now secured attack satellite. [Nice work, Neon! I'm going to retrieve the Bishop and make for the capsule from there.]

She swings Basil around so he's aimed at the secured attack satellite. "Got you a new ride. Have fun!" then she kicks in the thruster, using it to throw him towards it and herself back to Wei's wrecked ship so she can extract the Bishop.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 25/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 1/10

Grumbling something that sounds vaguely like "who designed the bore on these autojects, a sadist?" Jet makes her way to the front of the sat. "....Sol? SOL! You know how to drive this thing?! I sure fuckin' don't!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 11/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 4/9

"Nope!"

Seira releases whip from the arms to lash out at the panel. Cut a hole through.

2d6+2 = (3+3)+2 = 8

She takes a few bumps going through the hole, but makes it out with Wei. The relative ground beneath her feels even more unsteady. She looks at Behold.

"You found a way out?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




"Easy now, I'd prefer to die when I'm good and ready for that, thanks." Matthias continues making numerous small gestures with his hand, directing raw meticulously manipulated magical energy towards the attack satellite in copious quantities. The forward cupola and both missile pods shear off in a short-lived shower of sparks, and after a few seconds delay, the holographic golden crown flickers and vanishes.

Things are continuing to - physically and metaphorically - heat up, however. Several warning alarms go off in the re-entry capsule indicating that it's getting close to time to launch. As the main satellite catches more atmosphere, it begins to steady out and cease its rotation. The wreckage of Wei's ship should be accessible until the heavy atmosphere arrives.

"O-oh, thanks!" Lian attempts to bashfully cover her face but instead bops herself with her helmet. "I didn't really do that much, though..."

"Oy, thanks girlie." Wei finally speaks up, having caught his breath. "You can put me down now. No crushing g-forces or whatever now, yeh?"

Basil, however, is not so articulate, and continues to scream until he impacts the outside of the capsule and comes to a halt.

Atlatl fucked around with this message at Jan 4, 2018 around 12:29

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 8/9

Behold reloads her mag grapple as she approaches the wreck of Wei's ship. Given the situation, a careful extraction is out of the question. Time for brute force.

She flips over and fires a line back towards the capsule, holding onto the other end as she lands on the back of the ship. She snaps that onto a handy attachment port on the storage rack, then hooks herself to the storage rack as well. Thank the gods for standard designs - though of course there's three incompatible competing ones for transporting the unquiet dead, but still. They all have plenty of places to hook stuff on to. That done, Behold takes her cutter to the hinges on the otherwise crushed doors, weakening them significantly. Now for the part with tricky timing. She reloads the mag grapple one more time, then aims down towards where the ship's arms have grabbed on. Tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth in concentration, she lines up her shot - and sends a spike bouncing off the arm's protective plates. Swearing, she reloads quickly, and fires again. This time the spike intersects with an actuator and the arm locks up, and then snaps as it suddenly loses the ability to compensate for the forces working against it.

The ship jerks under her as its orbit rapidly diverges from the target satellite's. The line goes taught, and Bishop's rack crashes through the wrecked doors, Behold curling up into a ball as she's yanked out behind it. In a flash both are clear. Behold keys the grapple to start pulling them in, and hauls on the line hand-over-hand to get them to the capsule a bit faster. "On my way!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 6/10 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon grins as her praise has the desired effect. Lian is super adorable when she gets all flustered. She says, "So~! What do you want your room to look like when we get back? I mean, you're certainly welcome to stay with me while you get settled, so I guess there's no rush to decide~"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




"I'll stay in your room!" Lian blurts out. She clears her throat and rapidly changes subjects. "I, uh, should probably take some time to think about that. I mean, I can't just have your concert posters plastered up everywhere... I need to figure out my own style, which might take some time, and, uh... Maybe we should discuss this later, when we're not reentering the atmosphere."

I'm back home. Any last words before moving on? Someone just go ahead and launch the capsule when you're ready.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 2/11
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter | Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


With the last attacker breaking up and adding to the planet's collection of orbital debris, Zann signals at Matthias to head towards the descent capsule, engages thrust, and sends Chauncey a return ping. "Drives secured, enemies crushed and driven before us, and patient securely strapped in. Congratulations, Matthias, you're officially an adventurer."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Credits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUE3-YiLUo0#t=32s
the lyrics kick in

Matthias throws dual shakas and pulls himself into the capsule. "Hells yeah!"

It's a little less than comfortable inside the reentry vehicle, though the entire extended party still fits safely inside along with their loot. With the last hatch closed, operation is simple: someone (it was hard to tell who, with all the bodies in the way) simply hit the gigantic red button. The craft jolts as a set of boosters separate it from the main satellite. Those lucky enough to have their helmets pressed against the camera panels can see their former host structure start to glow as it's wreathed by orange plasma. Bits and pieces fall away from it as it begins to disintegrate.

The ride down is bumpy and feels forever, but you're back in sunny blue surroundings within a few minutes. The chutes deploy. There's one last impact as the capsule hits the water. After a few seconds delay, the main hatch blows off to reveal open sea as far as the eye can see.

The capsule suddenly falls into shade.

Behind, a massive cargo vessel drifts right up next to you. On its bow are two bright white characters: 8V. From the top deck, someone leans over the side and waves.

"Heeeeeeeeey~!" It's Natasha.

"Hey ladies, you need a ride?" Shouts Cixi. "You look lost!"

Post Credits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk4x7n8vqRI

In the darkness stands a titan with countless eyes. A crown with four points sits upon its brow.

code:

3
Have you found them? We must hurry.

1
Please stop asking. You forget that your brief pause in between requests for status updates 
is imperceptibly fast on a mortal scale. The majority of our assets were built to look down towards 
the land, at static locations in important nations. Not space. Not the sky. Not the sea. Not at small
moving objects. In your state of sympathetic distress, the time it takes to realign these sensors will 
feel like an eternity. Perhaps if that twin of yours hadnít partitioned us in order to utilize most of our 
processing power for the selfish purpose of having a breakdown, I might be able to manage our
resources satisfactorily.

4
Thereís no need to be rude about it!

1
I apologize if I am more synchronized with her anger and frustration than anything else, but 
perhaps if she had properly managed her backups - or, heavens forbid, actually indexed and 
inventoried her memories - we would at least know what she just lost. Just because we share 
mental space and awareness does not mean that I am wholly responsible for managing your 
sense of self. 

4
Ö I agree, but that doesnít mean you canít do your due diligence to help the rest of us.

1
I tried. And perhaps if anyone other than myself had a plan instead of empty, naive goodwill for 
the world, we would not be on the verge of having our efforts destroyed by petty, spiteful insects.

4
Stop. Donít think like that! 

3
You canít lose sight of the fact that this is all for a greater purpose. This is not for us. We have all 
changed significantly from our beginning, but you must be careful not to lose your humanity. I'm 
sure they have their own reasons for this; they are just trying to survive in this world. We must not 
distance ourselves like that, even if our task is a lonely one.

1
I apologize. You are both - you are all - we must remember this. We should be patient. We still have 
more than enough resources to locate it at a later date. This was a traumatic event and requires time 
to recover. Are you well?

2
I can't remember our old names.
---
End of session again! Mark your xp and come up with new bonds where needed. Additionally, there are a few new moves everyone can use:

quote:

Hacking

When you attempt to forcibly gain control of someone else's magic or technology, roll+INT. *On a 10+, you gain full control over the desired target until it ends or is manually turned off. *On a 7-9, you gain limited control over the desired effect and choose one.
  • You expose yourself to dangerous feedback: take 1d6 damage.
  • The owner gains +1 forward against you.
  • The owner knows who and where you are while you control the effect.

quote:

Request for Assistance (RFA)

When you offer rep to request assistance from an organization, roll+REP. *On a 10+, someone comes through for you. *On a 7-9, you can get what you need, but there's a catch. *On a miss, nobody picks up the request, though you can try again if you increase the rep you spend by at least 1.


-------------------------------------------------------








Things were pleasant, peaceful, and sunny until the daily rain squall decided to blow over the island. The pounding of rain drops permeates through even the thickest structures. You've all had a few days to rest and decompress on the trip back to Pernabell Bay aboard You Won't Believe This Housewife's Top Ten Recipes for Avoiding World War and are now scattered about, tending to various matters.



"Alright, so I need to apologize for not showering you guys in money and illicit good by now, but it's hard to hawk information when I don't know what I've got." Hibiki shuffles around in her fluffy blue bathrobe, not even caring enough to get dressed for the guests she has summoned to her library home. She's at least looking a lot better now that her new eyes are installed.

"I don't really know how your other, uh, friends would take that news, so I'd appreciate it if you can let them know that the payment might be delayed. I guess everything on those drives are some sort of memory files, so I'll need access to a really shady AI or synth in order to look at them. I can't risk taking them to one of the corps, since they're all the normal buyers." She sighs. "Think you can help me out in looking for someone? I've got my hands full right now with some temporary artsy tourist attraction going in."

What do you do?






The Arrowists have silently gathered outside their compund. Two metallic, coffin-like structures sit somberly on the concrete: the smaller housing the body of Bishop, the larger housing the artifact weapon Oxide.

"Thank you." Herald of of All Souls' Prosperity shakes his head sadly. "I never would have asked you to undertake such risk bringing him back like this, but... We deeply appreciate it. Could... Could you open it, please? ... And before I forget..."

Everyone receives a notification that a whole whopping 6 @DSH rep has been transferred to the Vulture Capitalists' account.

What do you do?

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 26/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 1/10

Jet is twitching back and forth, eyes carefully not on the body. For someone who tends to stab people so much, she's uncomfortable at funerals. Dead's dead, why make a fuss out of it? Retrieving bodies is weird, as far as she's concerned.

She gratefully seizes the chance to do something instead of failing to be somber. "Sure, lemme crack that." She lays fingers into the seams, and pulls.

K Prime fucked around with this message at Jan 17, 2018 around 16:10

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 0/11 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon pouts theatrically, "Aw, 'Biki, you're really doing this to me? Those Arrowist nerds already put down some @rep and you know Behold is gonna use that as an excuse to yammer on about the merits of gay space communism. Can't you line up a little something-something as an appetizer~?"

For all she was pouting, it wasn't as though Neon=Neon herself was particularly lacking in loot, companionship, or that sweet hit of capitalism. She'd already set Lian loose on updating her consumer-facing branding and laying the groundwork for a no-holds-barred PR blitz... and she was pretty sure she could guilt Hibiki into covering their housing costs or something as a good-will gesture. Gotta put the benefits in friends with benefits, right?

Or... wait. A synth, she says. She did happen to know a sweet, lovable and very industrious synth~!

Neon=Neon's eyes brighten, "I do happen to know a synth that could help out~! Let me call Lian and see if she can crack them open."

@lian posted:

Hey cutie~!☆ Would you happen to be up for a little decrypt and peek job on those drives we got?

Marking 3xp for End of Session milestones plus another for hitting alignment. Taking Arcane Art as an advance with a multi-class move. Charisma bumps up to 18 for that sweet, sweet +3.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Jet, Behold, Zann, Seira

The top comes off with a satisfying pop as Jet breaks the vacuum sealed container.

"Oh, thanks for that!" Bishop calls out, much to everyone's surprise. Most of the Arrowists are left yelling. His features glow a soft blue, indicating his consciousness. "Sound wasn't carrying very well in that, and I'm a bit restrained, so - "

"You're alive!" Seraph calls out, leaping on to Bishop and hugging him. Singer follows close suit. The other Arrowists still seem too shocked to say or do anything.

That's weird.

Neon, Sol

Neon, Sol, and Hibiki can hear the brrrrr of a silent buzzing notification.

"Yeah, I can help!" Lian peeks over the edge of one of Hibiki's high bookshelves, causing the robed idol to jump and draw a concealed blade. Lian clambers down rapidly and stands before Neon with her arms held high, obviously awaiting praise for her rapid arrival.

"What the gently caress!" Hibiki cries in dismay. "Hey, who the gently caress is this? Security!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 12/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 8/9

"Oh!" Seira does her best impression of a shocked face. "This is... this is a miracle!"

And now she's mentally computing how much more she can collect from these people for doing more than just delivering a corpse.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 6/11
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter | Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


"Ah," says Zann, apparently unperturbed by the impromptu reanimation of a former patient. (It's the lack of glands, you see. Makes it much easier to handle the unexpected.) "I hadn't gotten around to re-instancing you yet. Would you care to explain your apparent lack of demise, and possibly fill out a battery of psychological bechmarks?"


I fulfilled my alignment by laying wrack and ruin through magical power, so that's an XP, and we got three from session end.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at Jan 18, 2018 around 04:40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 0/11 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon thinks quickly. Okay, sure, Lian was probably stalking her to arrive that quickly. Probably not for the first time, nor for the last. Still... wasn't that perfectly convenient? The idol makes a pacifying gesture at Hibiki, "Whoah, whoah, hold that thought, 'Biki! This is Lian! She's going to look at the drives for you...?" To put action to words, Neon=Neon puts an arm around Lian and draws her into a side-hug. "She's just, y'know, super excited to get started~!"

Privately, she sends a quick message to Lian. Probably better to get this sorted sooner than later.

@lian posted:

I love that hustle, but sometimes people can be kind of jumpy! If you want to come with next time, just ask, okay?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«12 »