Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?



HP: 27/27 | Armour: 0 | Damage: d8 | Load: 3/14 | XP: 0/11
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Peculiar (refuse my aid because I’m different)

There was no bloody splat. Yes! "Thank you! Thank you!" Pellegana alternates between gracious bows and holding her arms up triumphantly, soaking in the applause and adulation. The exact fate of her volunteer had escaped her for now, really it wasn't quite as important as the act anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 7/10
Adventurous (Offer me a high-risk, high-reward plan that I can't resist) | Compassionate (Give me a chance to put myself in a spot to help someone in need)


Behold gets part way to her feet when the trick goes awry, but stops when Seira catches herself. She looks around, then follows Natasha to check on the spellsword, her construct floating along behind chattering.

"Okay, I think I like this circus thing. It's got the same reckless disregard for personal safety as what you do, but it's got way better production val-" Ember is interrupted by the falling bolts. She and Behold both look at them for a moment, then at each other.

"That's... not good, right?" Ember asks.

"Definitely not," Behold replies, looking up and around to try and figure out just how much trouble they're in.

@Gorbash: 2d6-1 Discern Realities = (1+2)-1 = 2

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/4 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 0/11 | Currently: Stylish
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Irresponsible (convince me to shirk my duty)

Neon=Neon is gallantly attempting to consume a large, cinnamon-dusted fried thing as Lian voices her concerns. She pauses her attempt, looking at the shaking bleachers, then looks at her synthetic companion. Quickly swallowing, she says, "Hmm, well, that's just how good of a show it is! Don't worry so much, Lian! Besides, did you see how good that rock thing was at juggling? That was crazy!" The fact that said juggling included potentially causing a teammate grievous injury was very much ignored. "C'mon, try some of this elephant thing and relax~"

Putting action to words, she pulls Lian in closer and snuggles up against her. Circuses were awesome.

Who's Irresponsible? This idol is!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 6/11 | Flags: Selfish, Visionary
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter | Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


There are times when you just have to read the room, go with the flow, and let someone with passion be job owner. When your team decides to take a smash and kill contract from a desaturated, obviously PTSD-wracked gnome in the wake of a possibly-orbital-but-maybe-not monster attack, it's one of those times.

And that's why Zann is sitting on an extremely custom heavy lifter/orbital maintenance necrobot at the circus, because nobody seems to be able to avoid blocking the view of the master of life and death in the modern era. Cutting in on the team channel, the lich steps on the mood with the ease of centuries of practice. "If the rest of you are quite finished showboating, I'm going to take a look around the local network and see if I can nail down the details for our little sabotage." After a moment, Zann adds, "Actually, keep showboating. I'd rather they come after you than me."

@wiegieman: 2d6+2 hack the circus-gibson = (2+4)+2 = 8
Zann left behind useful data traces. The owner takes +1 against me.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 7/10
Adventurous (Offer me a high-risk, high-reward plan that I can't resist) | Compassionate (Give me a chance to put myself in a spot to help someone in need)


“I’m not showboating,” Behold grouses.

“You’re always showboating,” Ember declares.

Behold rolls her eyes, still looking for trouble. “It’s called being heroic.”

“No, it’s totally showboating,” Ember says primly, earning a pointed look. “Okay, you’re showboating slightly less than normal. Probably because there are no cute, unattached girls around.”

“You’re like a week old,” Behold protests. “How do you know what’s usual?”

“Oh, trust me, I can tell,” Ember replies.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2018 around 15:31

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 21/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 8/10
Graceless (include me in a beneficial social interaction I must spoil with blunt observation or crass behavior) | Impulsive (put me in a situation where refusing an immediate gain will pay off later)

"I knew I liked that thing," snickers Jet. "I thought it was some sorta AI rule you weren't allowed to build anything smarter than you."

@KZA: 2d6-1 Discren = (4+2)-1 = 5 jet's just as bad as her nominal employer

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Lian gives in to temptation and sits down, her worries melting away as she snuggles with Neon. "Yeah, it was a good act..."

A cursory look at the facility's network reveals little more than mundanely labeled files for daily administrative use; however, a little bit of poking around by Zann reveals that a few of the personnel files are actually teleportation cipher keys. As there are only two, they would presumably belong to the owners of the circus. They copy over nicely, but any further investigation is interrupted by a lost connection and a very loud bang.

The last bolt holding the cage's door in place fractures. Steel bars slam down onto Jet and Behold, who have managed to wander directly under it while employing their expert investigative skills. Arcs of white hot electricity spray forth from the opening and a trio of colorful creatures jump out. The crowd gasps!



The majestic Imperial magnetic elkbear, no doubt! They gaze out at the roaring crowd, taking stock of their situation and searching for their handler. Or perhaps this wasn't part of the show? The elkbears exchange knowing glances and dash away, each in a different direction. One of them bowls over Seira as it makes its escape to freedom, and Natasha is thrown against the bleacher wall with a yelp. The crowd, perhaps assuming this was all an act, goes wild. Of course, it helped that the injured members of Industrial Fight and Magic were all hidden by the selective lighting.

High above, Usher gives an uncaring shrug and motions to the organist to keep playing.

Seira takes 2 damage from being trampled, Jet and Behold take 5!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/4 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 0/11 | Currently: Stylish
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Irresponsible (convince me to shirk my duty)

Neon=Neon hoots and hollers with the best of them as the Imperial Magnetic Elkbears put on a clinic in dramatic escapes. She says, "Man! Do you think they really just let them run wild like that? Circuses are intense! Maybe I need to look into some of this showmanship for my own tour..."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




"I feel like you would need to have a lot of staff to keep it safe," Lian notes, taking a bite out of Neon's fried snack.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 6/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 8/9
Chaotic (Allow me to break something that belongs to BTC, even if it puts us in peril) | Daredevil (Ask me to do something daring and acrobatic).


Seira sees this coming this time. Even if she doesn't get dodge the elkbear's shove, she uses the momentum to press her arm against the ground and turn it into a backflip that lands her back on her two feet. When does this nerd have time to learn tricks like that.

"Natasha!" She rushes over to her date, avoiding the giant monsters in her way. "You're right, this was a bad idea. We should go."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?



HP: 27/27 | Armour: 0 | Damage: d8 | Load: 3/14 | XP: 0/11
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Peculiar (refuse my aid because I’m different)

Pellegana's showboating stops in an instant as the catastrophe unfolds in front of her. "Oh no!" She gasps to the audiance, both huge hands going to her mouth would be if it existed anymore. "The elkbear are loose!" It was time to spring into action.

Literally!

Pellegana's mighty legs launch her up in the air in spectacular fashion, adding to the show this crowd was getting. On he way up, she makes sure to catch Usher's eye and give her a firm, disappointed shake of the head. Herding the elkbear wasn't either of their drat jobs, so why was she stuck doing it?

You might suspect a huge rock monster would be fat and ungainly, but Pellegana lands in front of the main entrance with grace and precision. She cuts off the elkbear from just fleeing out the big top. Now both of them were stuck running around assaulting members of the crowd, like normal.

Leap (STR) When you throw yourself into a giant jump, roll 2d6+STR. On a 10+ you land where you wanted; if that’s on someone deal damage as they absorb your fall!
@Robodog: 2d6+2 jump jump jump = (6+3)+2 = 11

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 22/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 8/10
Graceless (include me in a beneficial social interaction I must spoil with blunt observation or crass behavior) | Impulsive (put me in a situation where refusing an immediate gain will pay off later)

"loving CIRCUSES!" shouts Jet, picking up the metal grate and hurling it at the retreating elkbear impotently. Whether she's deliberately casting her voice to be disruptive or not, she draws attention like a black hole of eyeballs. "IF YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL US JUST COME ON OUT! THIS PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE BULLSHIT IS FOR MY LOVE LIFE!"

@KZA: 2d6+2 YELL A LOT AND ATTRACT ATTENTION = (4+5)+2 = 11
Anybody hostile watching gangs up on me.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 7/10
Adventurous (Offer me a high-risk, high-reward plan that I can't resist) | Compassionate (Give me a chance to put myself in a spot to help someone in need)


"She seems upset," Ember comment idly, but follows Behold as the artificer scrambles back to her feet, following one of the elkbears - not the one that Jet threw the grate at. Behold is a bit red-faced - the past couple of days haven't been going her way. She un-slings her mag-launcher. This time, that bolo trick should work. Should.

Behold moves fast to get a clear shot, then fires. Instead of the usual spike, a light rod shoots out, then splits into two pieces with a line in between. It goes whirling off towards the elkbear's legs.

Volley (Bolo Shot) [+INT]: 2d6+2 9
• You have to move to get the shot placing you in danger of the GM’s choice
Damage (1/2 + Entangling): 1d8 6
3 Damage and...
Debilitating (half damage): The attack deals half damage, rounded up, but it will stun, slow, or weaken an enemy hit by it, in a method you describe.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




"Cукаaaaa...!" Natasha groans, clutching her side. Thankfully, she's spared any injury save for a few bruised ribs. She fumbles about, grabbing at something in the dirt. "Yes, let's." The wolf girl clutches Seira and climbs to her feet. "Please."

With Pellegana's imposing figure blocking the main thoroughfare, two of the elkbear rear up on their hind legs and double back - right towards Jet, whose shouting only serves to further irritate the already unpleasant animals.

Behold's bolo works this time, wrapping up the legs of the elkbear going for the side exit and causing it to come crashing to a halt, kicking up a cloud of sand as it tumbles against the bleacher wall. Several members of the crowd jump as the impact shakes their seats. Unfortunately for the Arrowist, her failure to look where she's running cuts any celebration short; she barrels into Jet, planting the two of them unceremoniously into the sand.

They're promptly trampled by the two free elkbear as they dash for the rear exit.

Behold and Jet take a whopping 2 damage!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 4/4 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 0/11 | Currently: Stylish
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Irresponsible (convince me to shirk my duty)

Neon=Neon sighs, as if pained by the very thought of work, when the combo of Behold's bolo and Jet's everything make it evident that this probably wasn't a scheduled part of the show. She hands Lian the rest of the fried delicious thing, dusts off the cinnamon-sugar now adorning her clothing, and clambers up to her feet. She says, "Well, I guess I can't let a silly little circus steal the show. Honestly, I think that they should probably be paying me some sort of appearance fee already... but what the hell? Now's as good a time as any to start my renegade idol comeback tour!"

With a snap, her frankly reality-shattering neon constructs flare to life and, in short order, overpower the dim lighting of the circus with some very bold, very neon stage lighting. Neon=Neon strikes a pose and, through the sheer gravity generated by her ego, quite literally commands the world to pay her heed. In her lilting stage voice, Neon says, "Everybody~! Listen to my song!"

In a surprisingly subtle touch, one of the constructs sneaks down to where Behold has lassoed the magnetic elkbear and flashes a quick message to her in a neon strobelight shorthand: WILL KEEP EYES ON ME. FIGURE THIS OUT. ❤ NEON

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 12:30 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+3 Neon=Neon is Stunning! = (2+5)+3 = 10

Spending a point of Poise before getting three back for a dramatic entrance for:
-Everyone's attention is on you, for this moment.
-Pick an ally; they take +1 forward to follow up on it. (Behold)

The chaotic nature of the venue makes proper stage choreography something of a non-starter, but Neon dazzles the big top as she sings and dances and puts on the retro-futuristic neon-dancepop extravanganza to end all retro-futuristic neon-dancepop extravaganzas. The idol stops at one point to blow a neon-blue kiss at the rapidly dying Seira, who looks roughly 16.67~% more healthy afterward!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 12:31 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+3 Neon=Neon coopts this whole mess into a concert! (Arcane Art) = (5+3)+3 = 11

Healing Siera for a d8!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 12:35 PM
@Tricky: 1d8 Music soothes Seira's soul! = (1) = 1

Guess you better up your patreon pledge for better heals??

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◆ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 7/10
Adventurous (Offer me a high-risk, high-reward plan that I can't resist) | Compassionate (Give me a chance to put myself in a spot to help someone in need)


"Watch out," Ember tells Behold.

"What?" Behold gets the question out just before she crashes into Jet, and then gets run over by the other elkbear. The drone casually floats back down, having avoided the collision, and drops the mag launcher on Behold's chest.

"No time for lying down you two." Ember projects Neon's message for them. "So now's your chance to catch those things without anyone else watching. And without embarrassing yourselves. Further."

Behold sighs, and rolls into a prone shooting position. "I'll try to tangle the one the left, go for the one on the right." Behold lines up her shot and fires another bolo.

@Gorbash: 2d6+2 Volley = (3+2)+2 = 7
• Marking ammo (charge)
@Gorbash: 1d8 half damage and engtangled = (1) = 1

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at Mar 8, 2018 around 19:05

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 21/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 8/10
Graceless (include me in a beneficial social interaction I must spoil with blunt observation or crass behavior) | Impulsive (put me in a situation where refusing an immediate gain will pay off later)

"Yeah yeah yeah, just lemme..." Jet winds up like this is a stadium, because well, it is. She remembers at the last moment to turn the blade around- nobody's gonna be happy if she kills the stars- and leaps forward, landing on the right elkbear's back with a roar of triumph as she begins repeatedly wailing it on the head.

Which will still probably kill it, come to think of it.

Ah well, thinks Jet. It deserves it anyway.

KZA - Today at 10:38 AM
/r 2d6+2 #bonk
SidekickBOT - Today at 10:38 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 bonk = (1+5)+2 = 8
KZA - Today at 10:38 AM
/roll 1d10 #boooonk
SidekickBOT - Today at 10:38 AM
@KZA: 1d10 boooonk = (8) = 8

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?



HP: 27/27 | Armour: 0 | Damage: d8 | Load: 3/14 | XP: 0/11
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Peculiar (refuse my aid because I’m different)

Keeping the main entrance blocked off was too important a job to abandon, lest everybody just escape including the elkbears, leaving Pellagana to just watch on as the work-for-hire clowns the boss hired chase down the elkbears in an appropriately foolish manner. Were they putting on an act to cover the fact they were covertly demolishing the big top, or where they actually just this poo poo?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Neon's lightshow overpowers the color desaturating illusion magic, making her display more garish than thought possible. Much of the crowd erupts into a roar. Wasn't she supposed to be dead? How is this possible? Was this circus act all just a ploy for her sudden reveal? The glow of cellphone screens lights up the stands, and the occasional flash pops off as everyone does their best to get their own footage.

Down in the sand pit, the neon glare and swirling colors result in a strongly disorienting visual effect. Behold's target collapses to the ground with a bellow and flails in place, struggling against the bolo. Thankfully, the line holds strong. Just next to her, Jet rides the bucking elkbear until one of her arms is caught by the extensive horns; she's thrown into the dirt and kicked swiftly by its hind legs. It yells and shakes its head, shaken but not down. It looks around for another exit, but between Pellegana blocking the primary escape route and Neon's light show, it circles in place, unable to locate a way out.

Jet takes 6 damage before armor and is prone! There's one left running around.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?



HP: 27/27 | Armour: 0 | Damage: d8 | Load: 3/14 | XP: 0/11
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Peculiar (refuse my aid because I’m different)

And now one was just running around in circles like an idiot. Great. At least most of the crowd was distracted by that stupid light and song show out of nowhere. With eyes mostly not on her, Pellegana sighs and jogs up to the elkbear that got plum knocked out near the entrance. "Hwup!" She leans over to grab the thing on her way past it, and with a fluid motion hucks it expertly through the air and right into the other, panicking elkbear.

But it flew right in front of that singer. Soo… might have distracted that crowd a bit there.

hurling one unconscious elk at the still awake one!!
/roll 2d6+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 2:01 AM
@Robodog: 2d6+2 = (1+5)+2 = 8
Robodog - Today at 2:01 AM
elk does class damage to other elk. and looks like pella is put in a spot!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 4/4 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 0/11 | Currently: Stylish
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Irresponsible (convince me to shirk my duty)

If anything, the Elkbear flying across her performance was masterfully coopted into some sort of avante garde performative art addition to the ongoing concert. The historians — for these recordings would surely be scrutinized for deeper meaning and the impact it would have on future generations — would certainly have much to argue over. Neon=Neon does acknowledge that her prior infusal of song-based vital energy does not seem to have fully infused Seira with the proper levels of vitality, doubtlessly due to lackluster listening skills, by adding a pair of neon-blue beams of energy to ongoing attempt to keep her from keeling over due to elkbear-inflicted trauma.

Truly, being an artist is suffering.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:41 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+3 Neon=Neon continues putting on a show (Arcane Art: Healing) = (5+6)+3 = 14

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:42 AM
@Tricky: 1d8 did seira up her pledge = (2) = 2

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Neon's avant-garde art piece tumbles through the air with a low yell and crashes down, entangling itself with another elkbear and tumbling into a nearby tent pillar. The force is enough to shatter the rotten wood pole at its base. Above, Usher leaps from her platform and manages to grab the ladder on the adjacent pole. She dangles from one arm, watching as the pole collapses directly onto Pellegana and unceremoniously tearing down a portion of the big top.

Thankfully, the circus strong-thing is able to catch it with her hands before it can fully crash down into the audience, though it might be a little difficult to put it down safely without any help. The crowd seems to be a little more than concerned at this point, and Neon can spy a slight, but steady, stream of people abandoning their spots.

The elkbears are subdued, and Pelleganna only took one damage.

Usher climbs onto the stage next to Neon. She crosses her arms and gives the idol a stony stare. "How much longer do you intend to do this?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?



HP: 26/27 | Armour: 0 | Damage: d8 | Load: 3/14 | XP: 0/11
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Peculiar (refuse my aid because I’m different)

"Uhh…"

Pelleganna shuffles a little under the wreckage, but really loud creaking noises stop her from actually moving much at all. Looks like she was stuck as a support pillar. Again. You know what? Maybe it will be a good thing when the Boss puts the whole freaking circus to the torch.

"Gods drat it…"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◆ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 7/10
Adventurous (Offer me a high-risk, high-reward plan that I can't resist) | Compassionate (Give me a chance to put myself in a spot to help someone in need)


"Hold on, I'm coming," Behold calls out to Pellegana. The artificer slings her mag launcher and quickly collects some rope, pulleys, and metal poles from the debris. She hurries over and pulls spare parts and tools come out, and in short order Behold has fabricated a powered hoist on the spot. Pulling out an industrial grade epoxy spray, she glues a series of metal poles to the beam to give her some proper attachment points, then hooks it on. Then she glues the hoist itself down, as well as heaving a as many heavy objects as are convenient onto the base to hold it in place.

Finally Behold flips a hastily installed switch, and gradually the hoist talks up the weight. "It won't hold forever, but you should be able to put it down. Slowly."

@Gorbash: 2d6+2 = (5+4)+2 = 11 Jury Rig

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?



HP: 26/27 | Armour: 0 | Damage: d8 | Load: 3/14 | XP: 0/11
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Peculiar (refuse my aid because I’m different)

"Take your time, I'm good here." Pellegana sighs, expecting nothing to be done for the best part of an hour or so. That how it usually went. Oh, that this is big and strong and just a rock, it can stand there all day. And, yes, Pellegana could. But that was besides the point. She was a living, breathing kobold drat it. She deserved better.

But, lo and behold, unlike Usher and everybody else one of the mercs the Boss hired actually comes to help! And pretty quickly at that. Pellegana isn't able to see what the hell this one was working on, but when she slowly lets go of the weight she is genuinely surprised when the hoist holds it all safely. "Huh." Doing as she is told, the kobold slowly puts the weight down and steps away from the terrible, collapsing mess. "Hey, thanks man." She would be smiling at Behold for the save, but her face lacked any sort of actual face on it. She sounded appreciative, though. "Another couple hours under there and it would have sucked."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◆ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 7/10
Adventurous (Offer me a high-risk, high-reward plan that I can't resist) | Compassionate (Give me a chance to put myself in a spot to help someone in need)


Behold steps in to liberally apply epoxy to everything until the can runs dry, just in case. "It didn't look particularly comfortable. Nice job on the elkbear, by the way. What's next?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




"What's next is that you should be heading home for the night," the Fortune Teller chimes in, appearing next to Pellegana. She shuffles her deck of cards nervously. "I cannot quite say that I expected this; it should move up our timeline quite a bit. Never seen an opening night so..." She trails off, but you can imagine that a less polite person may have finished the sentence with thoroughly hosed up. "I shall send a runner with the news. Is that acceptable?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?



HP: 26/27 | Armour: 0 | Damage: d8 | Load: 3/14 | XP: 0/11
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Peculiar (refuse my aid because I’m different)

Like any good minion, Pellegana clams up as soon as the Boss makes her appearance known. She wasn't being paid for her colour commentary. Just her huge bulk and ability to toss elkbear around like basketballs.

She does manage a quick wave at Behold in thanks though, capping it off by drawing where a smile should be on her slab of rock face before falling in line behind Fortune Teller.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 6/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 8/9
Chaotic (Allow me to break something that belongs to BTC, even if it puts us in peril) | Daredevil (Ask me to do something daring and acrobatic).


Seira and Natasha wander back with the group, sighing all the way. This is probably why people don't mix romance with work.

"I'm going to take Natasha home." She says, composing herself. "Let's get some sleep after and work what happens next afterward."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 21/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 8/10
Graceless (include me in a beneficial social interaction I must spoil with blunt observation or crass behavior) | Impulsive (put me in a situation where refusing an immediate gain will pay off later)

"Finish your dang sentences," grumbles Jet, walking away rubbing a bruise. "That's more annoying than the stupid animals."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◆ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 7/10
Adventurous (Offer me a high-risk, high-reward plan that I can't resist) | Compassionate (Give me a chance to put myself in a spot to help someone in need)


Behold is irritatingly upbeat. "I could have gone worse! No one really got hurt, and the elkbears didn't escape."

Ember chimes in. "Oh for sure, you could have embarrassed yourselves in front of a crowd of hundreds." The drone pauses. "Wait..."

Behold gives Ember a small shove. "Anyways we should regroup and plan."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 4/4 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 0/11 | Currently: Stylish
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Irresponsible (convince me to shirk my duty)

With one last, echoing, "Stay Neon!" to the crowd, the idol winds down her performance and shoots an immensely irritating, poo poo-eating grin at Usher. Neon=Neon says, "Just think of the exposure, babe! The music scene is gonna go crazy with news of my renegade comeback tour. I'm sure you'll see some increased traffic along with that~!" She winks, then adds, "I'll even waive my usual appearance fee."

Flouncing away, she grabs Lian's hand and heads down to meet up with the others. She says, "Wow, that was a lot of fun. We should do circuses more often."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




"Hopefully this place is too destroyed to see any further traffic," Usher deadpans, shaking her head as the idol wanders off to the rest of her party.

Lian, on the other hand, is too starstruck to construct any sensible sentences. At least she won't go far, seeing as how she's clamped onto the idol as if her life depended on it.

"Laying down sounds pretty nice right now," Natasha whines. "Actually, you know what would be nice? A little cuddling. Just be careful with the bruised ribs..."

---

It's in the worst, earliest hours of the morning that Usher comes knocking at the door with Pelegana in tow. The sun is nowhere in sight. The gnome waits very patiently for someone to open the door for her, and doesn't even give her greeter the courtesy of a good morning or how are you? "The press caught wind of last night's stunt. The owners are here, and the argument has already spilled out into the street. The Fortune Teller is waiting at her tent. It is advisable that you should consult her before doing anything drastic." Usher shrugs. "Or not. I assume you are not the sort to plan to any significant degree."

feel free to plan something out in retrospect during the night, including gathering last second things that might be useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?



HP: 26/27 | Armour: 0 | Damage: d8 | Load: 3/14 | XP: 0/11
Curious (convince me to try something I probably shouldn’t) | Peculiar (refuse my aid because I’m different)

Having been on the 'you work for me so be at my beck and call any time of the day as and when I need it', the early hour was not an issue for Pellegana. It's a benefit when you're a minion / circus performer, probably half the reason she even got the job!

As usual she lets her way way WAY smaller companion do the talking, happy to stand behind her and act as muscle. Or a backdrop, whichever. "Well…" Pellegana speaks up after Usher had finished her instructions to the smash happy mercenaries. "If we’re honest, maybe if the Boss didn’t say ‘only my boyfriend is off-limits, everything else can be collateral damage’ there might not have been so much, well, collateral damage." She shrugs.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«14 »