Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«15 »
  • Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 0/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


If liches were prone to sputtering, Zann would sputter. "Is this a stage? How did you build a stage? You really shouldn't have chosen an off-the-shelf automation node, though," adds the lich, stepping out of the way of a flying chair. "It rather defeats the purpose of a floodlight pattern when one can simply adjust their polarization filters." With a offhand gesture with skeleton is moving, a slab of steel whistling dangerously through the air. "Up you get, Chauncey!"

Zann defies danger by using optical filtering and pattern analysis with INT, since I don't want to brave the swords with 0 armor. Chauncey picks a road barricade up off the ground and starts kool-aid manning everything out of its way, defying danger with STR.

quote:

@wiegieman: 2d6+2 defy danger, by analyzing attack patterns = (6+5)+2 = 13
@wiegieman: 2d6+3 Chauncey defying danger by hualing one of those street barricades up as a makeshift shield/battering ram = (6+3)+3 = 12

As the world's biggest baggage handler crashes through the debris, Zann scans for the stage's power source. "Now... surely you're not paying for electricity, are you? We must be acting like responsible citizens of the world these days."

quote:

@wiegieman: 2d6+1 discern realities to find the stage's power tap = (6+4)+1 = 11
What here is useful or valuable to me?
What happened here recently?
What here is not what it appears to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 24/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

"Oh man, this is the second best show I've ever been too," shouts Jet, over the noise. Around her, chaos unfolds. A sword bounces off her chest, point first, and she frowns. "Hey, watch the shirt! I got this off a dead guy, and they don't make them any more!" Now properly motivated by spite, she begins forging forward, shoving debris and swords aside as they come flying at her. "Oi! I'm going to make you stop doing this."

A grin begins to form on Jet's face. "And enjoy it. A lot. Haha, hahaha, HAHAHAHAAAAAA!"

quote:

/roll 2d6+2 #defy danger by literally defying it. HIT ME, COWARDS
SidekickBOT - Today at 11:01 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 defy danger by literally defying it. HIT ME, COWARDS = (5+6)+2 = 13
KZA - Today at 11:05 AM
/roll 2d6+2 #shoving things aside to approach the stage.
SidekickBOT - Today at 11:05 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 shoving things aside to approach the stage. = (4+3)+2 = 9

@KZA: 2d6+2 WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! = (3+4)+2 = 9

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 25/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 0/9

Muttering, Sol planted the bat into the ground and started wrenching the detritus off his shield. Who attacked people with folding chairs, anyway? Who does that?

Glancing up he saw his ward take one right in the head and collapse. Growling, he finished yanking the impediments off his gear and snatched up his weapon, ready to charge to her aid. He did not expect the vanishing act she pulled next and stood dumfounded. He was only further dumbfounded at the show she began to put on when she reappeared.

What.

...No time to worry about it. Hefting up his shield again, Sol charged forward to back his companions up.

Defy Danger...by Powering Through (+Str): @Shardix: 2d6+2 = (4+3)+1 = 9

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◇◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 0/9

"It's definitely electro-magnetic, but that doesn't mean it's not also sorcery, in fact-" Whatever Behold was about to say is cut off when she spots the stage and succumbs to confusion. Which gives her just enough time to put together a few pieces and make a grab for her welding goggles. The stage lights up before she can get them all the way on so she catches a bit of the first flash, but they should help going forward.

"So that's your game, huh? Well you're not the only one who can play it!" Behold drops to a knee behind a barricade - honestly a fairly flimsy plastic one, but better than nothing - and pulls her magnetic grapple out. Her hands moving with remarkable speed, she adjusts it and ties in a spare capacitor to up its power. This should hopelessly tangle the field lines of whatever system the enemy is using to fling stuff around. The grapple behinds to whine under the increased power load as Behold brings it to her shoulder.

"This is the only time I'm every going to get to actually say this so - watch this, I'm reversing the polarity!" Then she pulls the trigger.

Defy Danger with quick thinking! = (6+1)+2 = 9
Field Test = (1+2)+2 = 5

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Chauncey acknowledges the order with a percussive grunt, pulling a barricade right out of the ground and charging into the maelstrom. All it takes is for one chair to catch before a chain reaction start, multiple legs hooking into each other until a natural dam forms, halting the flow of debris in the mid field.

Those following close to Chauncey can use him as a shield and ignore defying danger for closing range to the stage from then on - Sol and Behold suffer no consequences on their defy danger.

Zann:
- It looks like she was the source; the blackout is still happening, but she's using her magic to power the stage.
- The attack seems to have happened during the concert, though it looks like the audience members are all missing. It seems to line up with what your employer told you.
- Those downed powerlines might be a big enough energy sink. Alternative, those rafters above her look like they could come down any minute now.


Behold's polarity swap fizzles out, but the lights and noise come to a staccato stop when Neon makes her announcement. A gap opens in the whirling wall of blades long enough for her to see the woman turn her ear to the idol. "Neon...?" It looks like she's about to say something when Jet Magnum leaps through the gap to take a swing at her. The blow finds purchase, but that big poofy outfit seems to be hiding a few protective plates, and it fails to actually cut into her.

In an instant the cacophony and chaos resume. The woman pulls a two-handed sword from the wall and haphazardly swings at Jet, barely grazing her. Something seems off about her form and appearance, though... Oh, that's it! She doesn't have any eyes. Yeah, that looks like a classic shot to the face. "Neon, get this guy offa me!" She shouts in Shiheian. "I can't keep this up much longer!"

That style wasn't fresh. In fact, it's the one that you were brought up on. That's Hibiki Mori, another former idol and one of your seniors. Didn't she get fired?

Jet's hit lands for a net 1 damage, but gets hit back for 1 damage after armor. All of Mori's attention is focused on Jet. She's past the blade wall and engaged with Hibiki. Neon has leverage on Hibiki!

Neon: Mori was originally fired for some sort of incident. What was it, and how was your relationship with Mori?

Atlatl fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2017 around 13:34

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 12/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

"Remarkable." Seira is glad to recover her sight just in time to get blinded again by Neon's performance. "This must be that children's concert he was talking about. Look out for hostages." Collateral damage would be very bad for business. They only just started!

She pulls out another object from her personal assistant, a GKI-designed anti-matter whip. Don't need to brave that chair maelstrom when she has plenty of reach.

"Stay still." She grunts, lasting Hibiki Mori and hoping to hold her down by the leg. If Seira can do that, she can set her whip ablaze and really set the mood here.

[9:08 PM] BOTSidekick: @Mitama: 2d6+2 Hack and Slash = (3+6)+2 = 11
[9:12 PM] BOTSidekick: @Mitama Damage: 1d8+1 = (2)+1 = 3

Assuming that I can hold down Hibiki, I want to use the Burn aspect of Channel Weapon.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 14/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 2/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon considers the rather avant-garde performance with new eyes. That was Hibiki's style! No wonder it struck a chord with her. Those cold, lonely nights dreaming of a better life and listening to a scratched-up Hibiki Mori data disk on an equally beat-up speaker still stuck with her, even after all these years. Hibiki even helped her get her feet under her when she was a fresh idol at TET. It wasn't a relationship where she felt like she owed Hibiki, necessarily, but it was one that was warmer and fuzzier than not.

The actual 'scandal' that sank her career at TET was supposedly an accusation of plagiarism on several tracks in her final album release. Maybe not the biggest deal, the sort of thing that usually got sorted by TET's legal sharks. But for some reason... They cut her lose. Neon=Neon hadn't understood it at the time, but with her own removal at the hands of L❤VELY... Well, things were making more sense. What if she hadn't been the first one removed from L❤VELY's path?

Neon=Neon, now safely within the protective bubble of swords and chairs, looks at the scene with some dismay. Hibiki probably wasn't who they were supposed to be fighting for that @Rep. That sweet, sweet @Rep. For one thing, her hat (and everything else) was totally different than the picture of the guy. For another, she had thought they were a bunch of 'Betsy fucks.' Didn't the hat guy have some Betsy muscle?

She clears her throat and says, "Hey! Why are we even fighting? She's not the target!"

...

Nobody listens. If there is one thing that Neon=Neon cannot abide, it is being ignored. The neon constructs pop into existence around her as she dials her sound amp to max. Sucking in a deep breath, she bellows,



And this time? This time the world listens. Everything stops. The world is Neon=Neon's.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:40 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Neon=Neon is Stunning! = (2+6)+2 = 10

One person loses hold of something you specify, for the moment. (Ideally, Seira losing hold of Hibiki before she can ignite her.)
Everyone's attention is on you, for this moment.

Neon=Neon points dramatically at Hibiki, "Does she look like the hat guy? No! Does she look like she has Betsy muscle? No!" She glares at everyone in turn. "That's Hibiki Mori and she's not our enemy. So why don't we all figure this out? No swords, no whips, and no weird magnet storms."

She looks over at Hibiki, "C'mon, 'Biki. I need you to stop this. For old time's sake? We might be wasting our time fighting while the real rear end in a top hat is off picking his nose."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:44 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Neon=Neon parleys with Hibiki = (4+4)+2 = 10

Leverage per previous prompt and Neon=Neon wants Hibiki (and the rest of the Vulture Capitalists) to stop all the violence! ...So they can go violence the hat guy they're actually getting paid for, instead!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 23/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

"Aw c'mon, it's just getting good," snarls Jet. "Can I at least keep this sword?"

K Prime fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2017 around 17:39

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 25/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 0/9

Sol hesitated. It seemed Neon knew this woman, and it wasn't the person they'd been hired to kill. Fine, but there was clearly something deeply wrong with her. If the boss lady wanted to try and talk some sense into her he'd let her, but he'd also make sure to step in the way of any dirty tricks. He carefully approached his ward and kept his shield at the ready, but his weapon dipped down so as not to present an imminent threat.

Defending Neon (+Con): @Shardix: 2d6+1 = (2+5)+1 = 8
Hold 1

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Hibiki yelps as the burning whip wraps around her leg, and she falls to a knee as it pulls her down. She slashes blindly in Jet's direction, missing by a wide margin and throwing her further off balance. In response to Neon's shouting, the lights die down to a more tolerable level as the amplifiers power down with a static pop. Hibiki turns an ear to Neon. "They with you?" She huffs. "loving fantastic. And gently caress you." She spits in what she assumes is Jet's direction as the sword tries to tug itself loose from her hands. The floating debris in the field slows to a harmless crawl, as does her wall of blades.

She shakes her head. "You get resurrected or something? Last I heard you got killed."

Hibiki takes another 2 damage and then stops!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 0/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


"Oh dear, that looks rather nasty." tuts Zann, now approaching the stage in the absence of sharpened, flying metal. "I'm afraid I can't do anything for living tissue. Have you considered transitioning into something more robust? It's never too late to throw off the shackles of mortality!" Not pausing for the inevitable protestations of the living, Zann presses on. "Now, tell us all about the behatted gentleman who attacked your... benefit concert?" Speaking of which... "Chauncey, be a dear and prop up those beams. There's a good fellow."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◇◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 0/9

Behold's magnetic grapple makes a sad little whirr and turns off when she tries to fire it. She frowns, pulls the trigger again, then holds it up in front of her to inspect it again. By the time she figures out why it's not working - bad cable - the fight is over. Sheepishly, she stows the device and joins the other's on stage.

"Oh wow, Hibiki Mori? I used to have all your albums!" Behold lets Chauncey handle the heavy lifting, but gives the stage a once over for other hazards. "That was pretty impressive, powering this stuff up with your magic. What all happened here?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 14/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 2/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon shook her head, then looking closer at the mess that had apparently replaced Hibiki's eyes, added, "Nope! I got sent on an involuntary vacation courtesy of one of those mage holes. Of course, I'd been declared dead by TET very touching stuff, by the way before I got spat out in the rear end end of the Empire. L❤VELY has a lot of explaining to do~!" She indicates the rest of the group, then once again adds, "So I'm doing a little freelance adventuring to make that that happen!"

Looking closer at the assorted gashes and injuries covering Hibiki only some of which were at the hands of the Vulture Capitalists Neon=Neon grabbed out her synthflesh dispenser, "Let me take a look at that, okay? Maybe you can tell us what happened while I patch you up."

Spending a use of bandages to tend to Hibiki's wounds! Marking 3 more poise.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 12/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

"Hm." Seira releases the whip's hold on the other pop star, and the weapon disassembles itself back into data. "No hard feelings, I hope."

She quietly tells her PA to not bill Hibiki for the damages she caused to the party.

Instead, Seira goes along to analyze some of the discarded swords and chairs, some of them still buzzing with magic. Maybe if she can study it, she can incorporate it into her own repertoire. There's still a lot of things she can learn on the job, after all.

Seira will use her Identify move to steal learn how Hibiki's magic works.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Hibiki acknowledges Neon with a grunt and falls into a sitting position. "Gonna need to buy a new set of eyes. Might as well get an upgrade instead of getting the regeneration treatment, huh?" She comments, cooperating with the idol's first aid. "So what happened was I did the first nice thing for anyone in a real long while and I got shot in the face for it." She gesticulates unhappily towards the sky. "Weather blows in, whatever, that happens. It was some sort of cover for a few VTOLs to show up. I was in the middle of a song and the last thing I saw was one of those flashy BTC rides floating around the corner with the gunner doors open. Good thing it was some sort of wand shooting buckshot at long range and not a bullet. Lucky me!" Hibiki cries facetiously.

"I fell backwards off the stage and wasn't in any position to go anywhere. I heard them rounding up most of the audience as hostages and moved them somewhere down the street. But that was like a few hours ago, so who knows where they're at. While you're after this guy, keep in mind he's probably got someone handling the weather with him."

She waves in Seira's direction. "Forget about it. Ain't a thing."

Seira's look into Hibiki's magic yields unexpected results: it's a western-based magic, with the electrical generation and blade manipulation being two distinct effects. Diagnostics automatically categorize it as weather witch, sword attuned witchcraft, Pavellan circuitry. Looks like she's done a bit of travelling in her time.

If you want to use something for a multiclass move later, Witchcraft (Swords) would do the trick.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 2/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon nodded as Hibiki mentioned an ocular upgrade, "Ohhh, yeah! You should get some laser eyes. Maybe even get one of those 360 vision packages. I hear they've even fixed the part where you go crazy from 'excessive sensory stimulation.'" Her dispenser covered up most of her fellow idol's cuts and scrapes with a thin layer of synthetic flesh, though the eyes were definitely a loss. "I can't believe they'd risk crashing a show like that! I know you're not TET official anymore, but... Betsies, huh? I'll have to show them what happens when you mess with an idol."

She turns the synthflesh dispensor on herself and starts to fill in the nicks and bruises from Hibiki's magnetic storm. There were more than Neon=Neon had originally realized, but... Well, whatever! She'd take it out on the hatman for causing the whole thing.

Spending a use of bandages to tend to Neon=Neon's wounds, too! +4 hp.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 12/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

"Annabelle, record this analysis for later use. We can repurpose this."

Seira doesn't care much about the swords part, though the electrical generation might have other applications. Magic to recreate magnetic fields and hurl sharp, metallic implements at people. A good skill to add to her resume.

"Why would they take hostages?" This has honestly been been bugging her for a while. "I'm new to this island's local politics, but that would assume they're either using them as a deterrent or bargaining with someone who would care about such things."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 25/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 0/9

"Likely both." Sol permitted himself to relax just the tiniest fraction now that the immediate danger seemed to have passed. He turned his helmeted gaze to Siera, and then to the rest of his cohorts. "And we need to proceed under the assumption that they will threaten those hostages. Make no mistake, this is not one of your entertainment vids. This is as real as it gets. There's no room for hesitation if we decide to move in."

He strode over towards Neon and her acquaintance, looking down. "I respect your bravado. But do me the favor of warning me next time you pull a stunt like that. What am I going to tell your fans if you wind up dead for real? Not enough years in my life to handle that many vendettas." He paused to look at Hibiki briefly. "Hmm. I'm envious. Those wounds are going to scar beautifully." There was not a drop of sarcasm or condescension in his voice as he said it - he honestly thought he was giving a compliment.

Back to Neon. "Are we taking her with us? I'd personally advise against it, but she's obviously important to you. I'll keep her safe if you wish."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




"Yeah, gently caress 'em up, Neon!" She gives her fellow idol a supportive slap on the shoulder. "Dunno why they were taking hostages or why they showed up in the first place. Maybe ask your employer. Either way I'd really owe you guys if you can stop my citizen from getting chopped."

Hibiki stands and stretches. "Nah, not happening. Forget about me," she snaps at Soliloquy. "Here's the deal: you gotta keep as many fists in the fight as you can get and I don't want you guys slowing down for me. I can take care of myself. Here, there's only one spot that a team could keep eyes on a good two hundred odd hostages without spreading themselves thin." She pulls her phone from a concealed pocket. "There's this warehouse where - " She reflectively looks down to the device in her palm before remembering that she can't see. In a flash of anger, she spikes it into the ground, then attempts - and fails - to stomp it.

It only takes a second for her to regain her composure. "It's to the North of here. Just go North at the intersection and you can't miss it. It used to be a construction material storage facility. Looks like a big out-of-place prefab piece of poo poo in the middle of a bunch of shiny skyscrapers. I'd put money on it. And one more thing," she adds, "you might be able to get a backup generator or access the power grid there. If you can get me the extra power, I might be able to take care of the weather problem, or at least limit it enough to stop them from focusing it down on you in a big fight."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 0/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


While the others concern themselves with petty logistical concerns like life and death, Zann wanders off in the direction of the bodies. There's craft to be done. Let's see... she's blind, so the basic fetch-and-carry won't do. No, we'll need full speech and navigation in this package.

A few minutes later, the lich returns with a fresh looking skeletal dog, complete with a scavenged high-visibilty harness and apparently made out of human bones. "Now -- Hibiki, is it? You seem to be somewhat inconvenienced, and I never let a marketing opportunity pass me by, so here we are! One seeing-eye skeleton, but don't expect him to be too creative." The construct nods, and adds "Bark. This unit is fully capable of speech and mobility assistance. This unit is not capable of combat. Contact your local RHR representative today. Bark." "Don't mind that last part," adds Zann, "I have to put it in. Contractual."

This undead has the adaptation "faithful seeing-eye skeleton"

quote:

@wiegieman: 2d6+2 create undead = (3+3)+2 = 8
I successfully make my seeing-eye skeleton, but what complications arise from the ritual?

wiegieman fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2017 around 19:44

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◇◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 0/9

Even if she can't see Behold's eyes light up at the idea, Hibiki will definitely hear the smile the idea puts on Behold's lips. "Great idea! It'll be a snap - if we have some way to get the power back to you. But I know someone who'll have a lot of cabling lying around. Just give me one second."

Behold takes a couple steps away from the group, bringing up her contact list through her implant, and places a call to Cixi Redhand.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




It's a good thing Hibiki can't see, because the man-dog-skeleton is horrifying. She reluctantly grabs the harness handle. "Uhhhh... Thanks. This'll work."

That took a lot of magical strain to get done. Zann takes -1 to their next roll.

After a few too many rings, Behold's call is answered. "Hey, hey. Keep it down! Hello?" A man's voice answers. "May I ask who's calling?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◇◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 0/9

Behold turns back to the others, muting the call for a second. "Uhm, I think I just called the kidnappers by accident."

Back on the line, she replies. "This is Behold Pascale. Who am I speaking with? You're definitely not the person I was expecting to pick up."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




"Oh yeah, sorry. Probably just a reused phone number. I just got this new SIM card, eh?" The Imperial accent explains. "Anyways, wrong number. No wor - "

"I'M HOSTAGE IN A WAREHOU - "

[Call Ended]

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◇◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 0/9

Behold taps her implant to make sure the connection didn't just drop on her end. "Those assholes! Okay, now I really want to mess these guys up."

Behold pulls out a spare phone and starts pulling apart, then adding components from her tool kit to it. "Seira, I'm going to set this up to act as a hot spot and force pair to Cixi's phone. If I get a connection, can you backdoor into it? We can at least get sound, maybe even picture."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 25/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 0/9

Soliloquy planted the head of his bat into the ground and leaned on it, watching the scene unfold. After a moment he cocked his head. "Jet. While they handle this, shall we scout ahead on foot? Miss Hibiki here said the hostages were moved down the street. May as well get actual eyes on and see what we can see."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 12/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

"Hmm, I can manage that."

Seira pulls out something that looks like a laser-pointer pen, then uses it to generate a prefabricated ritual circle around both phones. Her own PA starts beeping, ready to set up a backdoor hack.

"I got it." She waves the pointer around a bit, and a violet-ish cloud of mist appears over the circle. "If we get anything, the mist will reveal it to us. I'll try to keep our hack from being detected, but I'd recommend moving as soon as we find out where they are."

Going to cast a Ritual. GM gave me the conditions: 1) requires help from Behold, 2) lesser version (no video), 3) risk of counterdetection

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 2/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

While the other Vulture Capitalists do things that are more productive than not, Neon=Neon is taken by a sudden idea. Zann made a horrifying undead monstrosity for Hibiki. She doesn't seem terribly excited about this. It's clearly because it's not neon enough. Happily humming to herself, Neon=Neon grabbed the same pen-shaped construct she used to sign Seira's albums earlier and got to work fancying up the undead beast.

By the time she's done and people are talking of rituals and scouting, the seeing-eye skeleton is covered in a riot of eye-searing neon graffiti. Neon=Neon looked upon her work with no little amount of approval. That was, in fact, exactly what it was missing. She flashed a quick, winning smile at Zann then skipped over towards the arcane ritual that Seira and Behold were whipping up.

She looked at the mist, "So this is going to tell us where Behold's friend is?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 23/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

"We already know where they are, you morons," says Jet. "They're in the loving warehouse? What do you want, the zip code? Come on Ram, let's go do some loving work!"

She stalks off into the rain, stolenish sword still in hand. "If I kill them all first I'm not sharing the loot!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 12/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

"I'd prefer if we actually have better intel and a plan." She shrugs. "Maybe you won't end up cutting a hostage by mistake."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




A simple black and white [Sound Only] notification pops up. It looks like Cixi left her geolocation data on, and her phone's coordinates appear as well. It's two blocks to the North. " - going to work. Oi, go tell Rodg to actually arm up the mines by remote. Get the cams up, too. Tell the boys and girls to wake up if they're nodding off."

"What makes you think that whoever called is even going to show up? It's probably just some civvie we missed."

"You seriously don't think a psycho like Miss Mori wouldn't have better security around? We got lucky those Geekies just pulled a hit and run. This whole thing has been too easy, and - quit givin' me that look or I'll smack ya again, shorty. Tell someone with a long rifle to get up in the tower to the East, but not by the car up there. Too easy to notice next to something weird like that. I don't want that cargo bay door uncovered. Get two others over there too, so we at least got the ground floor to boss' position in check."

Everything seems to be in working order.

---

Jet marches down the slick marbled sidewalk until an thin shadow creeps into the edge of visibility. It appears to be some sort of wire stretching across the street, and as she approaches, she can see numerous other tripwires criss-crossing haphazardly behind it.

Need some variety of Defy Danger to try and cross the minefield.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 25/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 0/9

Sol followed after Jet silently, helemt moving back and forth regularly as he scanned for threats. A habit so old he didn't even think about it anymore. As they came to street and the wires crisscrossing ithe silently sighed. These people had some sort of training. Just not especially good training. No doubt the tripwires were more to dissuade and slow down than to actually kill, but it was sloppy work either way.

"...Wankers." He looked over at Jet. "You're slimmer than I am. Take the lead and I'll follow behind a ways - just in case I get hung up. Don't want to catch you in a blast."

Defy Danger...with mental fortitude: @Shardix: 2d6+1 = (6+1)+1 = 8
Army crawling through the trip wires.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 23/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

"I suppose. I ain't exactly queen of air and darkness, though," says Jet, frowning. "Ah, whatever. Here goes. One, two... HUP!"

With a running leap, she aims for a hole in the wires, skidding to a halt half-prone on the other side. "Frick! Stupid rain! Stupid... loving rear end in a top hat mines! I think I skinned my knee! rear end!"

She lies there on the floor for a moment. "Someone's gonna die for this."

quote:

/roll 2d6
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:36 PM
@KZA: 2d6 = (6+3) = 9
Dex Defy

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 2/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon looked thoughtful for a moment as the conversation played out. It seemed like there were all sorts of defenses that the hatman and his Betsy goons had cooked up. Jet and Sol were charging straight in, which meant that they should be drawing all the attention. In a rare moment of unparalleled restraint, she decided to let them have that. She was more interested in the talk of a sniper in the tower. The weaponry she had amassed was hardly fitting of an idol of her talent. Perhaps adding a long rifle to her collection would spruce it up a bit!

Quietly, since she wasn't sure if it was a two-way connection or not, Neon=Neon leaned in towards Behold and murmured, "I'm going to take out the sniper in the tower. Wouldn't it be nice if the sniper was me instead~?💥"

With that and a completely superfluous wave at 'Biki, she swept out of the arena and started cutting around the side of warehouses towards the tower.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




While Sol's progress is steady, he has several close calls involving his bat or some other spiky bit catching on the tripwires. It's not enough to set them off, but they're certainly dislodged.

"Oi, Em called in someone jumping through the barrier," Behold can faintly make out on the tapped line. "Some yellow looking chicky just cleared the field."

"Right, get everybody on alert! Maintain constant comms, yeah? Strap up lads, let's go! Hold fire until they're out of position."

Sol clears the minefield but the close call will make it harder for anyone after Jet to clear it. (-1)

Jet also makes it through without an issue, but the enemies are tipped off to your approach.


Neon sees very few signs of tampering as she sweeps through the outer perimeter and into the tower. Seems like there wasn't enough to cover everything. Though the lobby has a few shattered windows and a handful of bullet impacts, everything seems relatively undamaged. No power means no elevator. Time to hike up the stairs.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 1/9

As the others move out, Behold goes around and finds a large spool, using it to gather up a bunch of the loose cable, splicing it as she goes and putting a universal coupler onto each end while she's at it. When she enough, she goes back to Seira.

"Here, put these on." Behold hands the spellsword a pair of goggles, then puts on her own helmet and hooks one end of the cable to her suit. "They've got their eyes on the others, so we can get the drop on them. Literally. Once we're down, if you can keep them off my back, I can get Hibiki connected into the grid."

As soon as Seira's got the goggles on, Behold suddenly picks her up. "Hold onto your hat!" Then her jump pack ignites, and they go shooting up into the air, the cable spool whirring loudly in their wake as the line unwinds rapidly.

Behold angles their rocket assisted leap so the other leg of the parabola will come down on the warehouse roof, and orients feet first. The wind rushes past as they fall, Behold waiting until the last second to ignite the pack full blast to keep their landing from turning into a crash. As they touch down on the roof, the pack sputters and dies.

The plan is that Behold is going to use her jump pack to get a lot of height, then freefall drop down towards the roof, using a last second burn to make a safe landing. Then Seira can clear the roof while Behold gets a power transfer set up back to Hibiki. At least that's the basic.

Field-Test @Gorbash: 2d6+2 = (1+4)+2 = 7
Choosing
The Gadget is damaged. You can repair it, but it will take some time and concentration.
The Gadget drains your reserves - spend 1 Charge.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 23/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

"SOMEONE'S GOING TO DIE FOR THIS!" roars Jet. "COME OUT YOU COWARDS, BEFORE I BEAT DOWN THE DOOR AND DRAG YOU OUT! YOUR HATS ARE STUPID, YOUR FACES ARE UGLY, AND YOUR BREATH SMELLS! I WILL gently caress YOUR PARTNERS, YOUR PARENTS, AND YOUR loving COUSINS!"

She breathes out heavily. "Haaaaa! I feel a little better. Going come out and play, little boys?"


quote:

@KZA: 2d6+2 = (4+3)+2 = 9
✴On a 79 only a few (the weakest or most foolhardy among them) fall prey to your taunting.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 9/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

"Oh, this is exciting." Seira exclaims, looking down the structure several dozen feet below her. "A good reason to finally learn how to levitate."

Once they hit the roof, she takes a look around.

"There's a truck lodged in that building there." It looks like the other truck they're using too. Weird. "No one on the roof. This is going to be a mistake for them.'

She holds on to her hat again, summons her whip, and jumps through the nearest skylight. She estimates that the largest concentration of Besty thugs are directly below her, easy targets.

Sidekick: @Mitama: 2d6+2 = (5+1)+2 = 8. Defy danger. Taking 3 damage.

Of course, she's still falling from a height. She probably should consider that next time.

Still, in mid-fall, she sees two thugs on a raised area with the hostages. Not wasting time, she lashes at one of them, hoping to yank one of them off that area even as she hits the ground.

Her PA produces an shock barrier to mitigate the fall, but... ouch.

[9:47 AM] BOTSidekick: @Mitama: 2d6+2 Hack and Slash = (1+6)+2 = 9
[9:52 AM] BOTSidekick: @Mitama: 1d6 Damage = (2) = 2

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.


[quote="Comrade Gorbash" post="474588537"]

HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 2/9

Behold looks around for a power hookup, but the power is still out here, so she moves over to join Seira. "Oh yeah, the guy who hired us said something about that." She thinks about salvaging it for a moment, then remembers to focus. "Right, your lead." She waits for Seira to launch her attack, then follows her in.

On the way down, she suddenly remembers that her jump pack just stopped working.

Defy Danger (Str)
@Gorbash: 2d6+1 = (1+2)+1 = 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 0/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


"Well, that's subtlety out the window. Oh well, I was getting bored anyway. Chauncey!" Zann's hulking assistant stomps slowly up in range of the mine perimeter, and the reason for his tardiness becomes apparent: he's holding a small car. "Throooooooooow," he groans.

quote:

@wiegieman: 2d6+3 clearing a minefield the exciting way = (5+3)+3 = 11

The little smart car bravely gives its life, smashing its way through the tripwires while the mines go out in a loud blaze of glory, before neatly threading the needle through Jet and Sol's 7-10 split and taking out a wall.

It's pretty awesome.

  • Locked thread
«15 »