Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«15 »
  • Post
  • Reply
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 23/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

Jet almost whirls as the car flies past, but the bang warns her of the hazard to her eyesight. "AW YEAH! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 25/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

Sol finally struggled out from under the web of wires and ducked behind a nearby building. Aside from a few close scrapes on account of being on the large side, everything was going smoothly.

Right up until Jet started screaming her drat fool head off.

Ugh. Hotblooded amateurs. Now everyone in the area knew they were there. The only upside is maybe they'd be stupid enough to charge right out to fight instead of doing the smart thing and digging in with the hostages. He rose to begin stealthing through when something big came screeching through along the ground and the world exploded behind him.

---

Sol opened his eyes. He was in a building, he could tell that much. There was a very large hole in it and the ache in his back strongly suggested that was how he had come to be in the building. Shoving a pile of debris off of himself, he staggered to his feet and tested all his limbs. Everything was still there and in working order. Whatever had happened was annoying but irrelevant. There was still a job to do.

Attempting to sneak out and find the hostages while everyone else creates a distraction.
Defy Danger...by acting fast: @Shardix: 2d6 = (2+4) = 6

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 2/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon looked a little exasperated as she discovered that the power outage extended to the tower's elevators. It was as if nobody had bothered to invest in a backup generator! She gained a new level of appreciation for the selfless sacrifice 'Biki had made in performing in this sad, sad backwater. With a quiet, though still dramatic, sigh, she began running up the stairs. It was quite a trek and despite her superior idol conditioning, Neon=Neon was still a little short of breath when she reached the top.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 6:35 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Neon=Neon deftly sneaks up on a sniper = (3+5)+2 = 10

The door silently swung open to reveal a lady deeply engrossed in her conversation on a portable handset. Neon=Neon paid the conversation little kind. Her attention was entirely consumed by the absolutely perfect rifle that was laying on the table next to the woman. It was just the thing for an idol to express her deep appreciation and affection for all the idol-hating Betsy fucks in the warehouse! Her katana slipped free of its sheathe with a quiet hiss and Neon=Neon dashed in towards the would-be sniper.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 6:49 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Hacking and slashing the sniper = (6+4)+2 = 12

As the blade drew an angry, bloody line across the woman's back, Neon=Neon exclaimed, "Neon✨Slash!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 6:51 PM
@Tricky: 1d8 glorious hanzo steel = (3) = 3

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jul 22, 2017 around 13:08

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




FIGHT MUSIC

The burning remnants of the car haven't even finished skidding to a stop before the two guards at the warehouse entrance start yelling and hurling grenades in Jet's direction. Two bounce across the cement and roll into her feet. "Em, shoot the yellow one!" One yells. "The yellow one! Boss, the field's done for!"

Jet, defy danger!

Up above, the sniper reaches for her rifle in response to the panicked calls from her coworkers. Reeling from Neon's blow and realizing that the weapon wouldn't do her much good in a sword fight, she hucks it at the idol and goes in for the tackle.

Neon, defy danger to avoid getting disarmed and/or tackled.

Seira's whip wraps around the leg of the lackey closest to the edge, tripping him in such a way that he falls off the balcony with an angry shout. A hard thud and a few curses mark his arrival at the bottom, but he'll likely be back up in short order. What Seira couldn't see was that the lackey's fall was cushioned by an unfortunately-positioned Ramified Soliloquy, who had just managed to get back on his feet before being knocked over by a falling human.

The lackey took 2 damage. Sol takes 2 damage (so none due to armor) from the dude falling on him and they're both prone. Sol got blown under the balcony, and there's a hole in the wall behind him.

Behold unceremoniously smashes through the table the BTC squad leader was using to plan their position, which just so happens to be right next to where her girlfriend is tied up. Embarrassing!
The audio feed from the phone cuts out as the device is smashed. Cixi struggles against her restraints, though the chair she's tied to doesn't budge thanks to the weight of the other hostage secured to the back.

"Behold!" She shouts. "Get up! Get up getupgetup!"

Spotting an opportunity, the squad leader levels his pistol at the goblin woman at the other end of the platform. "Alright you two, stand down or the girlie gets it." He strips the safety pin from a grenade. "And some of the kiddies, too."

Behold takes 4 damage from the fall and is prone by Cixi and Red. If you both do nothing/stall for time, the squad leader won't do anything. Otherwise you have the opportunity to Defend or take one other action before/while he shoots and throws a grenade over the ledge.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 23/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

Jet lets the grenades hit her feet. "HE, ha? Afraid of hurting yourselves?"

She hops upward, and feels the grenades go off behind her, sending her flying headlong through the air toward the unfortunate lackeys. "Too bad! I'm not."

Whichever is unlucky enough to be in her trajectory gets a sword to the face.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:35 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 = (5+3)+2 = 10
KZA - Today at 6:36 AM
Danger: defied
KILL
/roll 2d6+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:37 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 = (6+2)+2 = 10
KZA - Today at 6:38 AM
/roll 1d10+1
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:38 AM
@KZA: 1d10+1 = (2)+1 = 3
messy, forceful

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 3/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 6:01 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Neon=Neon tries to dodge a tackle! = (5+2)+2 = 9

Neon=Neon remains untackled, but she is disarmed.

As the woman tossed the rifle and charged in for the tackle, Neon=Neon ducked out of the way. Despite her best efforts, the impact jarred her grip on the katana and sent it spinning across the room. Neon=Neon let out a soft curse that would likely make even Jet blush. Her eyes danced across the room. Was there nothing else...? The woman was a little too close to use her kunai and wasn't about to give her the opening to pick up her finely balanced blade. Neon=Neon's eyes settled on a long flashlight on the table the woman had been standing by. It wasn't really her aesthetic, but it would do in a pinch!

In a sudden burst of motion, Neon=Neon grabbed the flashlight and swung it down at the off-balance woman.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 11:35 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+0 A little improvised hacking and slashing = (2+3)+0 = 5

XP! The flashlight is Stout and Balanced, so it's stats are (Close, 1 weight).

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 9/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

6:52 PM] BOTSidekick: @Mitama: 2d6+2 = (4+6)+2 = 12

"I'm willing to take that risk."

In a blink, Seira cracks her whip, willing it to grab the grenade straight off the leader's hand. She channels her magic through the anti-matter whip and the grenade crumples itself into harmless dust.

"Especially if I can stick it to BTC." She looks at Behold. "Hurry up and go save the day."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

Behold, meanwhile, was lying on the broken table, trying to remember how limbs worked, until Cixi started yelling at her. Realizing the danger, she immediately rolls over and aims the magnetic grapple at the hostage taker, intending to use it to yank the grenade and gun away form him. She pulls the trigger and - nothing. Again. Behold looks at the thing, aghast.

Fortunately Seira has this on lock. Behold scrambles free of the wreckage, muttering "Really got to get that thing checked," before finally getting to her feet beside her friend.

Seira posted:

[ She looks at Behold. "Hurry up and go save the day."

"Right! Totally hero time, I got this!" Behold punches one hand into the other and charges at the hostage taker. The extra servos in her cyberarms whirr to life as she takes her swing.

Field-Test with magnetic grapple
@Gorbash: 2d6+2 = (2+1)+2 = 5

I missed Atlatl to ask what the outcome of that bad roll would be so I could include it, if it's worse than the thing just not working I can edit for that.

Hack and Slash with my cyberarm (hand, forceful)
@Gorbash: 2d6+2 = (2+6)+2 = 10
@Gorbash: 1d8 = (7) = 7

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




While Jet's blade doesn't quite catch the face, it certainly cuts deep into a shoulder, spraying blood everywhere. The two imperials panic and hipfire their automatic rifles at her.

Jet's gotta defy danger again.

The sniper steps to the side and counters the idol with a lightning fast jab to the face. It does little more than give Neon a bloody nose, however.

1 damage, reduced to 0 by armor.

On the mezzanine, the squad leader curses as his grenade is reduced to ash. Behold barely has time to parse the horrified look on Cixi's face as the Imperial steadies his pistol and pulls the trigger. "gently caress all this!" Is the ork hostage's battlecry as he rocks the chair onto its sides, allowing Cixi to get away with a lung shot rather than anything more immediately fatal. "Cut us loose, you sods!" He shouts.

The squad leader crumples under the crushing force of Behold's cybernetic arm. Every bone in her swing's vector shatters in rapid succession, creating a fantastically unpleasant sound.

The threat to the hostages below is taken care of, but Cixi probably can't afford to take another hit and will need medical help soon. The squad leader is dead. Red can help in the fight if you cut them loose.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 25/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

Just as he'd managed to get to his feet, he was slammed back into the rubble as someone came plummeting into him from above. Letting go of his shield and weapon, Sol wrapped his arms around the man in crushing bear hug, attempting to subdue him.

Hack & Slash: @Shardix: 2d6+2 = (1+4)+2 = 7
Just trying to subdue the guy rather than deal damage. He'll get an attack off himself, and Sol is at 3 armor since he let go of his shield.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 4/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon wiped a thin trickle of blood away and glared at the would-be sniper. She choked up on the flashlight and swung wildly at her!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:34 AM
@Tricky: 2d6 More hacking, more slashing = (3+2) = 5

Gotta get that XP!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 23/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

Jet raises a yellow-plated arm and leans into the shots a little, pursuing the scrambling "sharpshooters."

"Come on, come on! This isn't even hard! Give me a reason to remember your faces after I remove them!"

With a backhand swipe of her blade, she seeks to make good on that threat to the one already wounded.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:21 PM
@KZA: 2d6+2 = (3+5)+2 = 10

Danger: defied.

KZA - Today at 1:05 PM
/roll 2d6+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 1:05 PM
@KZA: 2d6+2 = (1+4)+2 = 7
KZA - Today at 1:05 PM
MURDER
/roll 1d10+1
SidekickBOT - Today at 1:05 PM
@KZA: 1d10+1 = (9)+1 = 10
KZA - Today at 1:05 PM
MUUUURDEEER

Target the wounded.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 0/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


With the rest of the team (especially Jet) attracting most of the attention, the enemy would be hard pressed to notice Zann strolling in through the new hole in the wall. That is, until bolts of sorcerous power start flying off the lich's hands. As one of the mercenaries is struck by a deadly blast of necrotic power, Zann's hulking assistant ducks through the gap and raises his hands, and Zann shouts "Chauncey, kill!" He obliges without fear, being already dead.

quote:

@wiegieman: 2d6+3 dark arcana = (5+1)+3 = 9
@wiegieman: 2d4 magic missile damage = (3+2) = 5
@wiegieman: 2d6+3 chauncey hack and slash = (1+5)+3 = 9
@wiegieman: 1d4+4 chauncey damage = (2)+4 = 6

Zann is absorbed with spellwork and isn't paying much attention, Chauney is open to attack while he smashes people.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




The sniper slips over a piece of rubble as she hops away from Neon's strike. She struggles to find her balance, resulting in a weak left hook. It's enough to actually break the idol's nose but not much else.

1 damage reduced to 0 by armor. Think of it as a power leveling opportunity.

Soliloquy's bear hug leaves him an open target and the BTC thug takes the opportunity to stab him with his combat knife. It lodges in his thick jacket and fails to find much purchase. There's not much opportunity for any other attack, as the blade is twisted from his hand and he's unable to do much more than struggle haplessly against Sol's grip.

Realizing that their captors are most likely out of the fight, the simpering crowd in front of Sol starts to stand up. Most keep their heads down while the gunfire continues, though it's obvious that they're looking for an exit.

You got him, but take 5 damage (2 after armor).

At the bay door, Jet Magnum's cutter cleaves through the head of her favored shooter with all the ease of a claymore through a tub of water. His partner swings his weapon wildly, managing to hit both Jet and Chauncey, who had just ran up behind him. A couple of bullets ricochet harmlessly inside the warehouse. The combination of Zann's beams and Chauncey's double-fisted overhead slam takes him out handily.

Jet murders the guy and takes 4 damage (3 after armor). Chauncey takes 3 (2 after armor). The last remaining (not subdued) enemy is busy fighting Neon.

On the mezzanine, Cixi lets out a pitiful cough as she attempts to call for Pascale. Below, muffled sobbing and hushed murmurs rise from the crowd of roughly 200. Who were these people? Were they here to help, or were things about to get worse?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

With an inarticulate cry of anger, Neon=Neon tossed the flashlight at the woman and darted towards her katana.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:49 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Neon=Neon defies danger to quickly grab her sword = (1+2)+2 = 5

XP.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 23/25 | Armor 3 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

Sol gritted his teeth as the blade sank into flesh. It stung for certain, but he doubted it would even qualify as a proper wound. Didn't even hit anything important. Not that he wasn't silently furious about it regardless. He ceased the crushing hold with one arm and reached down, seizing the knife hand in an iron grip and wrenching it upwards. Slowly, slowly, his indomitable strength brought the blade into eyeline of his adversary and began to descend. The helmet turned slightly and a dark voice emanated from within.

"Open your eyes and see your death coming."

Hack & Slash: @Shardix: 2d6+2 = (4+2)+2 = 8
Damage: @Shardix: 1d10 = (9) = 9

He's no berserker, but Ramified Soliloquy does not get on well with being stabbed. This guy's days are probably done but at least he'll get a final retort.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

Behold leaves the terrorist where he fell and hurries over to CIxi. "Oh hells, Cixi! I need a medic here!" Behold looks her over, trying to figure out if there's something she can do to help.

Spout Lore perhaps?
@Gorbash: 2d6+2 = (4+2)+2 = 8

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




As Neon runs for her blade, the sniper sprints for the door. She strips her comm set from her head and hucks it in the idol's direction. "Sod this!" are her parting words. The only evidence that she was there was the rifle on the ground and a grappling hook left in the window of the room across the hall.

Sniper counts herself lucky and makes a run for it. Might be a good idea to get down to the others and do some PR.

"How about we not get ahead of ourselves," the ork comments, "and cut her loose first." Behold remembers reading something about draining puncture wounds to the lungs and how this was more important than patching it up right away. There was also something in bold red text about doing this before using any magical healing. Where did she read this?

Meanwhile, Sol takes a moment to slowly stab a screaming, flailing man in the skull as a crowd of locals watches in horror. It takes much longer than expected for him to stop moving! A few people make a run for the bay door, but find themselves blocked in by a blood-covered Jet Magnum.

The guy was already fully disabled so headstab is a rousing success!

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 23/25 | Armor 3 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

Hmph. The least these people could do is cheer at their captors being dealt with.

...Oh, right. Soft hearted 'civilized' folk that panicked when they cut themselves shaving. In a week there'd probably be news articles decrying him and his companions for not talking this out peacefully or some such nonsense.

Tossing the body to the side, Sol got to his feet warily, glancing up to ensure nothing else was about to fall on him. He hefted up his shield and bat and took a few steps towards the crowd, doing his best to appear nonthreatening.

"Please remain calm. The matter is in hand and you'll be escorted to safety shortly. Stay here until we can be assured the area is secure." Sol had his doubts these shrieking monkeys would listen but he had to make the effort. "Do any of you know if a woman was among your captors? She'd have an accent like mine, and tattoos if skin was showing. A magic wielder."

Hibiki had said somebody was handling the weather, and that feeling of crag wyrm sorcery still lingered in his thoughts.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

The headset bonked off of Neon=Neon's face, provoking a lingering look of disbelief. Neon=Neon yelled after the retreating sniper, "You are so banned from my fan club!" She paired the parting shot with an incredibly rude gesture that was completely unnoticed and unappreciated by anyone. Once the echoes died down, Neon=Neon pulled out a hand mirror and inspected the damage to her nose. Yep. Broken. She dabbed away the mess with a handkerchief, then set it in a decisive motion.

With that souvenir of her utterly and completely successful errand settled, she took a quick stock of the room.

Rifling through the room real quick to grab anything of note, though mostly the headset, rifle, and any extra ammo for it.

Loaded down with the weight of her well-deserved treasures, Neon=Neon looked at the stairs and sighed as she started the descent. What kind of podunk town couldn't even handle a minor power catastrophe? Philistines, the lot of them. Luckily for the idol, the descent back down the stairs was much easier than running up them. She didn't even have to worry about tipping off a sniper!

A few minutes later, she entered the warehouse and surveyed the scene. It looked like they'd taken care of everything, but... Why the hell did it look like Jet and Sol were the new captors in this hostage situation? That crowd didn't look like a bunch of thankful rescuees. She must have missed something big while she was up in the tower.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




A young goblin among the group clears his throat nervously. "I, ah, believe there was a woman," he responds to Soliloquy, "though she was wearing a lot of bulky clothes and I couldn't see any tattoos. We couldn't hear her talk over the wind and the gunshots and jet noise..."

Neon collects the rifle, the headset, and a few spare magazines that were dropped during the scuffle. The flat black rifle has quite a bit of heft to it and is heavily customized, featuring a monopod for the adjustable stock in addition to a bull barrel. Whether or not the idol could appreciate the features was another matter. Even the ammunition weighs a considerable amount, with each round nearly the length of her hand. There wasn't much other than rubble save for the flashlight she had picked up in the fight. At least that might come in handy later.

The rifle has the following tags: Near, Far, Precise, Ignores Armor, Reload. The magazines give you 10 Ammo.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 9/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

Seira takes her time, making absolutely sure that no one else remains a threat to her. Then she moves to help Behold and Cixi.

"First aid supplies." She says to her PA, pulling out a red-and-white case from the brass orb. "I have bandages and nano-paste. I'm not sure how to deal with a wound like this, but I'll help you the best I can, Pascale."

Marking one of my bandages.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 23/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

Sol nodded at the goblin. "Try and recall where you last saw her, and where she might have gone too if my companions have not dealt with her. These people proved well armed but none too wise. They may have spoken out of turn about a rendezvous point."

Turning away, he finally looked up to where Behold had called for a medic. It wasn't his strong suit and he'd been stabbing a man to death so it had been shuffled back as a lesser priority. With things in hand he could refocus. It seemed Seira had beaten him to the punch anyhow.

"Hey. Purple. Orange. Heads up." Once he caught the two lady's attention, he tossed up one of his autoinjectors. "Mix of coagulants and uh...those tiny robot things. Whatever they're called. The bandages are a good call, this will just help seal the deal."

It's a healing potion. Your call if you want to make absolutely sure Cixi is fine, or if one of you wants to hang onto it.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon surveyed the warehouse. It seemed like people had mostly calmed down... which meant it was the perfect time for a little PR! This may be a horrible, broken, no-good podunk town, but if their money was good... They might be valuable customers! You could almost see the coins clinking in Neon=Neon's eyes as she struck a pose, twirled her sound-amp, and shouted, "Did somebody call for a rescue~?☆" Not particularly waiting for a response, her constructs flashed to life around her and filled the warehouse with brilliant neon lighting. "I'm Neon=Neon yes, the Neon=Neon and, no, I'm not dead and we are..." Had they decided on a group name? No matter, her idea was obviously going to be the best anyways. "The Vulture Capitalists! We're here to liberate your town from the depredations of those Betsy fucks~!☆"

She snapped her fingers and the constructs vanished back into the aether. Wandering over to Behold, Seira, and Sol, she asked, "So what happened here? I took out the sniper." Neon=Neon rubbed the exquisite rifle like one might a baby's head. "Any sign of the hatman?"

Per Among The Common Folk, everyone believes Neon=Neon's claims of being an idol since she is stylish and/or regal.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

"Thanks, both of you." Beholds pulls open the the first aid kit from Seira, extracting some surgical tube, a needle, and antiseptic. "Sorry, this is probably going to hurt," she says to Cixi, gives her a kiss on the cheek, and applies the antiseptic. Then in goes the needle and tube. Once any air trapped in her chest is dealt with, Behold applies the nanoinjector, then bandages over the top.

Behold sits up and wipes her brow. "There."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 20/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

"Oi oi, calm down!" says Jet to the former hostages, dripping blood and rain on the floor. "I'm on your side, I guess. Well, nobody is paying me to kill you."

She begins rifling through the meager possessions of the guards. "Anybody see if these bozos had ID? Or, ha, some kinda boss?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

"Yeah! I kind of uh, punched his face in," Behold calls down to Jet, gesturing towards the dead guy. "No sign of the hat guy." She looks over at Red, and takes a second to pop his restraints. "Sorry, was a bit busy."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 0/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


"Well, if we haven't killed that ridiculously dressed individual then we haven't finished the contract" tuts Zann at the others, as Chauncey works the crowd handing out business cards with all four hands ("Residual Humanoid Resources: Building the World of Tomorrow, with the Refuse of Today!") "Let's find him, so I can do something suitably humiliating to his corpse. Right now I'm thinking ambulatory fountain, but I like to improvise a little."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




The kid squints in thought at Sol's question. "I overheard them saying something about a truck hitting their building, but... I don't know where that might be. Oh, and something about balloons at a high place! But that's it."

While the choice of Neon's words were not particularly reassuring or family-friendly, nobody seemed to notice anything other than the pretty colors and her saccharine voice. A wave of relief washes over the crowd. A handful of fans applaud and cheer. Fearful murmurs become hopeful chatter, and even those intimidated by Jet Magnum seem to be set at ease by the idol's arrival.

Neon will continue to have the crowd's attention until you leave!

Jet doesn't find much on the guards; just the standard gear for a gun toting lackey, save for the lack of any identifying information. One of the bystanders speaks up. "You mean the guy with the big stupid hat?"

"No worries," the ork replies to Behold. He promptly walks over to the squad leader's mangled corpse, spits on it, and goes about arming himself with the equipment. Once readied, he offers Seira his hand. "Name's Red. I take it you're here to kill Reginald. Or were you just here for the hostages?"

Red is a hireling with the following: Warrior +2, Protector +2, Loyalty +0, Cost: Victory.

Cixi rolls over and takes a few deep breaths to center herself now that her painful gunshot wound had healed. She leaps onto Behold without warning, peppering her with kisses. "I promise I didn't see any of that," the goblin laughs. She had the intensely husky timbre that only a chain-smoking mariner could achieve. "You alright? That fall looked pretty bad. Not that I saw." She winks, ruffling Behold's hair. Cixi crawls over her and digs a pack of cigarettes from the wreckage of the table. "Looks like I owe you. Again." She sits beside her as she lights one up. "Anything I can do to help?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 23/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

Behold and a goblin, huh? Well. It took all sorts. It was probably the ears. Sol couldn't deny some of the elven women of the various tribes had caught his eye in the past, due in no small part to the ears.

"Hey, Jet." He nodded to her as mosied over towards Neon. "If you find a machine pistol or an SMG, let me know." He glanced over at Neon. "Don't think Blue is gonna hand over that rifle." Zann likewise got a nod, though a bit slower. It was well and good to enjoy your work, but that ambulatory fountain comment had put a very specific image in his mind. One that made him unsure how mentally healthy the necromancer really was.

Looking over his ward, his fists clenched unconsciously. "Apologies. I didn't expect you and the rest of the team to jump right into things like that or I'd have stayed with you." An awkward moment of silence after his basso rumbling died down. "You uh. Want me to look at that?" He motioned in the vicinity of her nose.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 14:35

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

Behold looks a bit sheepish, brushing her hair back out of her eyes and giving Cixi a hug back. "You should have seen how we got on the roof in the first place! Burned out my jet pack though..."

"Oh! We need a power connection! I've got a line here to get power back to Hibiki to counter their weather person, but she needs some juice."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




"Ah yeah. Lights." Cixi hops to her feet. "There's a compression engine in the basement here, I'll get it running. It'll get you a megawatt and some change. That good enough?" She's dashing down the stairs before Behold can answer, and within a few minutes a deep, rhythmic rumbling signals the the start of the diesel generator. A heavy thunk follows shortly after as the main breaker shuts and the warehouse's lights warm up.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon spins to face Sol, a beneficent smile on her face, "Yes please~!" Her face tightens for a moment, anger showing through, as she adds. "If you see a woman in a Betsy outfit when we roll this clown, save her for me. Okay~? We have... so much to talk about." And, just like that, it seems as though she was never angry.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 23/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

A vendetta, huh? Sol permitted himself a slight smile underneath the helmet.

"...Understood." And without warning, Sol grabbed Neon's shoulder with one hand and her nose with the other and made a single quick movement. It no doubt hurt like hell, but he was an old hand at this. Her nose was back where it properly belonged.

"Apologies but I didn't want you to anticipate it coming. People have a tendency to put themselves into a panic when they know pain is about to happen. It'll be ugly and bruised for a few days but it should heal up fine. If not, I understand cosmetic surgery is cheap and easy enough to access." He lowered his hands and took a step back. His eyes flicked over to take in the rifle more fully. Details about firing characteristics and handling quirks rose to his hindbrain. His people did not trust technology as a rule - but firearms were a notable exception to that. They were a practical and martially oriented people first and foremost.

"That's a good weapon. I dislike the idea of you having to use it, but it is better that you be armed than be a victim. If you wish it, I am more than happy to give you instruction on maintenance and proper handling."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Cixi emerges from the basement with a clipboard full of logs. "Got that running, but where's the mayor at? You guys said you had her, right?" As if on cue, the seeing-eye-man-dog-skeleton trots through Sol's hole in the wall, its blind idol ward in tow. With the rumor of her death dispelled, the crowd rushes forward to greet her. Most bring themselves to ignore the monstrosity ahead of her. Cixi grabs Hibiki by the hand and drags her up the stairs to the landing. "Behold," the goblin shouts, "you said you got some cables or something, right? Let's head to the roof. She should be able to find them, too. Oh, and we can recharge your stuff." She scrambles up the stairs once more.

"Fuckin' ease up, alright?" Hibiki complains as she stumbles up the stairs. "Slow down! A few seconds won't save them anything."

One child falls out of the crowd and curiously approaches Jet Magnum. "Hey lady," he asks, clutching his backpack timidly, "what's that arm-thing? How'd you get it?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

MY PAPER SOLDIERS
FORM A WALL
FIVE PACES THICK AND
TWICE AS TALL



HP: 12/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

"I've got cable for days," Behold declares, following Cixi and Hibiki to get their power hookup in place. "Cixi never eases up," she adds to Hibiki. "It's part of her charm."

After a moment her head pokes back around the corner. "Hey Seira, we might need a hand with interfacing all this."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon hisses in pain and surprise, but doesn't let loose half of the invectives she was thinking. There was her adoring audience to consider, after all! After a moment staring at Sol with something like a put-upon pout, she finally says, "...Thanks. And don't worry about it~! It's not that I don't trust your incredible capacity for violence or anything, but..." Neon=Neon leans in conspiratorially. "I really want to shoot that guy in the face. Have you seen that hat? Ugh! And, you know, he messed with 'Biki. Can't let that stand."

Neon=Neon turns to wave at the crowd and strike a few poses, but she adds, "You can show me a few things about this baby later~!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Indulging in daytime naps is the highest pleasure mortals can attain!



HP: 9/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

"One led to the other, my orkish friend." Seira takes Red's hand and shakes. "We're here to kill Reginald, though. If you wish to help with that... well, we need to negotiate compensation, but you're welcome regardless."

She nods at Behold's summon and looks at Red. "We have things to do first, however."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 20/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

Jet rears back as if to strike but stops herself before hitting a small child with a chainsaw. That would be bad.

"Oh uh, the arm? Well... I f-" Jet opens her mouth, looks at the crowd of people, and closes it rapidly on the next word she was going to say. "-ooorgot to eat healthy and my arm fell off, so they had to replace it. So uh, listen to your mom, yeah?" Jet sweats under the gaze of a crowd she isn't allowed to commit violence upon or for. This is something like her personal version of hell, and she isn't even naked. Honestly, that would probably make it better.

Quickly, she leans in closer to the kid. "Ok really, you wanna know? I was fighting this a- assassin who had f- fancy laser eyes and he got me good right at the shoulder joint. I wouldn't have been able to work again if I hadn't had it replaced. So if you decide to grow up and get into my kind of work, uh, try not to fight any assassins with laser eyes." She stands back up. "AND BRUSH YOUR TEETH OK!?" she projects, shooing the kid back toward his presumable parents. "Anyone see where hat-guy went? I much desire to kick his... butt."

<44Fragnum> GET ME OUTTA HERE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




The kid scampers off to rejoin the mob. Jet's attempt at polling the gathering crowd of children for intel fails, as she's only met with wide-eyed stares and shy shrugs.

On the roof, the "interfacing" is underway. Hot work on 400 amp lines in a storm is highly frowned upon, even by the most electricity-proof of adventurers, but the combined efforts of Seira, Behold, and Cixi do the work justice. "Give it here," Hibiki shouts, waving her hands out in front of her.

The goblin frowns. "To the hands? Just to the hands. Do you know how much current's on this line?"

"I don't give a gently caress and neither should you! Give it here! If this doesn't work then the rain will wash away the gibs."

Cixi gives Behold a horrified look before pulling the rain cover off the end of the interfacing cable. She slowly approaches the blind idol, though she jumps and drops the line as an unexpected arc flash blasts out of the end. The arc continues streaming into Hibiki's hands, and while the sound it makes is obnoxiously loud, it seems as if she's not having any trouble with it. Her maniacal laughter coincides with the rain slowly dying down. Down below, everyone can hear the diesel engine slow as it picks up a monstrous load.

"See? No problem!" She shouts. A small patch of clear blue skies begins to open directly overhead. "Maybe if you weren't a bunch of -ah gently caress!"

The cement roof around the group splinters and spalls upwards, peppering the group. This hardly stops the witch's ritual, though she's quick to let loose a stream of lightning and curses towards the surrounding highrises' rooftops. "Up! Look up! The fucker's up there!"

With the rain nearly gone, it's easy to make out the pair of stupid hats peering over the edge. Their owners rapidly duck away from the edge and out of sight upon realizing that they've been spotted.

Halfway up their tower is a truck sticking halfway out of the wall. Cool.

Rain's gone in the immediate area. Everyone on the roof takes 2 damage, ignoring armor. The bad guys are at the top of the skyscraper to the East of you. Also 8R's old truck is up there.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«15 »