Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«15 »
  • Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 10/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

Behold grabs Cixi and turns away from the blast, shielding the goblin from the splinters. She turns back to look up at the bad guys. "Who dresses these people?" she mutters as she taps her com for the others below. "They're on the roof above us! Get up here, I've got a way to get us closer."

That's when she pulls out her magnetic grapple. "Everyone might want to stand back, this thing hasn't worked all day so," she says, then launches it at the truck stuck in the side of the building. She takes aim, tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth, then fires. And finally, the thing works properly. The linear accelerators fling the grapple out across the intervening space and it sticks fast to the truck, trailing its line. Behold grins, detaches the cable spool from the side, and anchors the opposite end.

"That's got it! Don't know how stable it'll be." She grabs the control of her jet pack in one hand. "Anyone prefer to take the express route?"

Let me know if I need to roll to defend Cixi.

Field Test: @Gorbash: 2d6+2 = (5+1)+2 = 8
• The Gadget's effects won't last long - you'll need to hurry to take advantage of it.
• The Gadget drains your reserves - spend 1 Charge.

I figure folks can use the line to get across and close the distance to the bad guys. Behold is probably going to use her jet pack herself though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 20/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

The boom from the roof gives Jet a much-needed out. "That sounds like my job, gotta go! Later, uh, kids!"

With that eloquent parting statement, she heads for the roof at double time. "What the gently caress is going on up here?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 23/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

"...I'm impressed. Even among my tribe, I've seen hardened warriors make a much bigger fuss at getting a nose reset. The life of an idol must require a great deal more fortitude than I had assumed."

All that, and she still had the wherewithal to pose for the crowd. Neon was certainly something else. Sol's musing abruptly ceased as the work of Cixi, Hibiki, and his other companions provided some extreme results. He set himself to cover Neon is necessary, and it proved a wise course as the heaven's yawned open and lightning spat across the sky. Sol grabbed his ward and pulled her down, using his bulk to cover her from anything that came their way. After a moment he looked up, saw things had calmed, and let her up.

"Back to work, it seems." He began making his way to Behold. A brief glance at the line, and up to the top of the building. Not a problem. If he fell, it would only be some shattered bones.

Heading on up.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Aug 6, 2017 around 02:29

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 0/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


As the two hats dip below the edge of the nearby building, Zann can't help but comment. "My empirically-verified gods, it's like a street performance about bad taste in clothing." Interrupting Chuancey's impromptu career change as a children's climbing toy (is he giving rides?) the lich strides up to the roof for a better look and idly readies more murderous energy bolts. "Chauncey, go bring me one of those hats. Preferably with the head still in it, but I'll understand if it gets a little damaged."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Crossing her arms and looking entirely too pleased with herself, Neon=Neon said, "Of course! You don't make it where I did without a few broken noses and assassination attempts. I'm a tough cookie and—"

Neon=Neon let out a soft whump of air as Sol pulled her down and covered her. At first she was very confused by the situation, but as errant bolts of electricity played across the rooftop, her eyes widened in understanding. She made a big show of dusting herself off, then said, "Hmph! That was some good hustle, Sol! I'll let you pick out some merch as a reward once we get back to the truck~!☆"

Neon=Neon skipped her way up to the rooftop as well. She only needed a vantage point for her beautiful new rifle, after all, so it wasn't like she needed to risk one of Behold's inventions to get close. As she crested the stairs and posted up by a pile of rubble, she started scanning for the hatman through the rifle's scope.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011




HP: 7/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

Seira's PA flashes bright red after that last attack. Her personal shield won't last any longer with all this roughhousing. Better end this.

"Get me up there, Behold." She asks, drawing her whip again. "I'm going to grab that man's neck and dangle him from a height."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 20/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

"Oh, they're up there, ha? Nice. Seira's got the best idea! Let's trash 'em and get paid!"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Neon sees no signs of the poorly dressed enemies. They're most likely trying to avoid the edge now that the cover of rain is gone.

Those that utilize the line find the trip quite unfun. The building is an entirely unfurnished, abandoned apartment complex and is mostly spotless save for the debris from the truck's appearance in one residence. The lights are on and the elevators work, though the only way to the roof is through one of the stairwells. A handful of cables run through the hallways and up the stairs, leading the way to whatever equipment must be set up on the roof.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 10/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

Behold gives the others a minute to get going, then puts on her helmet and locks it in place. "Let's do this!" She picks up Seira and then the pack ignites. The two shoot upward as Behold angles to come up around from the opposite side of the rest of the Vulture Capitalists, then they're above the other roof and dropping in. "Coming in hot!" Behold doesn't kill the thruster until her feet are touching the roof, putting Seira down as soon as she slows enough that it's safe, but not stopping herself.

She aims for the nearest bad guy and tries to land a hit on her rocket assisted charge.

Hack and Slash! Cyberarms (hand, forceful)
@Gorbash: 2d6+1 = (2+5)+1 = 8
Damage
@Gorbash: 1d8 = (6) = 6

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




High above, the clouds continue to part. A lonely sun beam shines down on Behold as she makes her leap.

The lady is in the process of dumping some equipment over the opposite ledge when Behold crests the edge of the building. She swiftly drops the gear and raises her wand against her attacker, managing to fire off a spray of flechettes before the rocket punch lands. The lady is knocked from her feet and slides along the wet cement until she impacts a length of ventilation ducting. Reginald is too busy dumping his own armful of radio equipment over the edge to attempt any sort of counterattack.

He's obviously displeased with this turn of events, however. With his share of their gear on the way down, the wizard flicks his coat open to retrieve his wand and a big red detonator. "I see the intelligence division has failed us yet again," he grumbles, disabling the detonator's safety. "No matter! The only threats that concerned me have tucked their tails and run, and you're a fool if you believe mere amateur resistance will achieve anything!"

Reginald depresses the big red button. The building shakes violently and lurches several feet, though nothing further happens. He regards the device with disdain and continues mashing it. Failing to achieve the expected effect, he shakes his head and discards it over his shoulder. "I can't even depend on my equipment. Very well! Have at you!"

FIGHT MUSIC

Behold takes 5 damage (3 after armor). Everyone make a Defy Danger to not be thrown off balance and be delayed in joining the fight!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011




HP: 7/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

The roof shakes as Seira touches down. Ugh. She rolls down to avoid falling off, though she ends up prone anyway.

"Let's make this clear, lowlifes." She says, picking herself up. "We're professionals."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 20/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 2/9

Jet drives her fist into the wall and grasps a joist, resisting the rocking motion. "FUCKERS!"

She storms on to the roof. "I will shove that hat up your rear end and beat you to death with it!"

There's a moment of silence as everyone realizes this makes no sense whatsoever.
"FFUUUUUUUUCK! LET'S jUST KILL EAcH OTHeR!"

/roll 2d6+2 # Defy Danger +str
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:44 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 Defy Danger +str = (3+4)+2 = 9

/roll 2d6+2 # BRING IT YOU WANKERS
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:57 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 BRING IT YOU WANKERS = (1+2)+2 = 5

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 23/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

Sol's boots hammered up the steps, rapid fire and never losing pace. He stumbled only briefly as an explosion rocked the building. He really needed to find a better class of terrorist to kill. This incompetence was embarrassing for everybody involved.

@Shardix: 2d6+2 = (2+4)+2 = 8
Soliliquy is continuing up to join the fight, but I'll cut it here to see what my troubles are.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Having established that the roof was a bust, Neon=Neon quickly followed behind Sol to join the rest of the band on the other building.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:36 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 defy danger to join the fight = (5+2)+2 = 9

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 0/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


For all Zann seems to be convinced that the Undead have it better, liches certainly don't seem to be very good at dashing up the stairs in a listed building. Luckily, purpose built labor skeletons are, and Chauncey bursts through the door to the roof with a lich sitting on his shoulder.

quote:

@wiegieman: 2d6+2 chauncey keeping balance on the stairs = (3+3)+2 = 8
@wiegieman: 2d6+2 "catch me, you stupid skeleton" = (6+2)+2 = 10

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Chauncey's signature doofy, drawn out yell marks his arrival on the roof. A cement air conditioner housing blocks the way, and it takes a few steps to either side to get a clear view of either Behold or the enemy.

"Get up now, Hanna," Reginald chides. "You're embarrassing yourself in front of an increasingly large crowd."

Hanna drags herself to her feet. "Stuff it, Reggie. Focus on - "

She's interrupted by the thunderous sound of fracturing concrete. The building lurches once more. That's probably not good.

Ram and Neon both get the same choice: no offensive action upon arriving at the roof, or take an offensive action BUT automatically take damage from an attack back due to stumbling out of position. Zann gets a third option: Chauncey can use a ranged attack to throw Zann at the enemies to get to close range!

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 23/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

Sol clung to the bannister as the building shook. Nothing immediately collapsed, but there was no telling the degree of invisible structural damage that might have occurred, and he was not remotely in the mood to be careless and fall all the way back down. His ribs were plenty sore enough thank you very much. He spared a glance to Neon in case she needed a hand, though he was also certain that it was a wasted gesture. She was not, after all, some frail little girl who needed his help going up some stairs. After that earlier display he could not rightly hold any such delusions.

Sol is being cautious, and will not be able to immediately attack upon arrival.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon wedged herself into a corner as the stairs seemed to twist and buckle under her feet. Her eyes met Sol's, then she looked up with a quizzical expression as if to say, What the heck are they doing up there? Once the worst of it had passed, she continuing charging for the roof right behind her giant bodyguard. The sooner that she was up there, the sooner the hatman would face justice. Idol justice. And she'd get that sweet, sweet @Rep. Maybe it was all just for achievement junkies and didn't really mean anything, but maybe — just maybe! — the new title would be worth displaying on her @Profile!

Playing it safe as well.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 7/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

Behold took a fair bit of shrapnel so decided not to charge directly at the woman a second time - but she hasn't backed out of the fight. She uses the various utility units on the roof to cover her as she closes the distance, popping up again as Hanna is getting to her feet.

"You should focus on me!" Behold declares before throwing another cybernetically enhanced punch. "And not just because I'm hot," she adds sort of absentmindedly, after.

Hack and Slash with Cyberarms (hand, forceful), spent a charge to roll +INT
@Gorbash: 2d6+2 = (4+3)+2 = 9

Damage
@Gorbash: 1d8 = (4) = 4

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Hanna's a little bit quicker on the draw than expected and manages to fire off a short burst of needles into Behold. The classic overhead superman punch to the head is especially deadly when your arm is made out of unforgiving metal, of course, and the wizard crumples like a loosely-packed sack of potatoes.

Hanna is down, but Behold takes 7 damage (5 after armor)! Waiting to see if Zann will gamble on the Takes Damage to Save Time option.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 0/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


As Zann drops off of Chauncey's shoulder, the bulky skeletal servant reaches back with both pairs of arms and grabs one of the building's industrial AC units, ripping it clear off the failing structure by the retaining bolts. As he winds up for a toss, Zann says, "Chauncey, do you remember us talking about proper bowling technique? Why don't you show me what you remember?"

quote:

@wiegieman: 2d6+3 = (5+6)+3 = 14

Chauncey bellows and hurls the hunk of commercial grade heat exchanger at the incompetent in the ridiculous hat, and Zann follows suit with a barrage of necrotic power.

quote:

@wiegieman: 2d6+2 = (2+1)+2 = 5

At least, Zann tries to follow up with a barrage of necrotic power - the footing up on that roof is unsteady to say the least. At least one of them is earning their pay (Chauncey's pay is zero G/hr.)

wiegieman fucked around with this message at Aug 15, 2017 around 03:54

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Reginald can do little more than let out an exasperated sigh as his last remaining ally is disposed. Flanked on all sides and with the building not-quite coming down, he decides on his desperation option. He grabs onto a nearby steel ducting support and holds his wand high. The crystal's light becomes blinding. "I could expect no less of my company. Very well, then! I suggest you watch your step."

It shatters, and for a few seconds anyone with ferrous materials can feel themselves being dragged towards the wizard. Electronics flicker briefly and the building shudders once more, though this time it really is starting to tip over into the building to the North.

Everyone defy danger to avoid falling; the building isn't going to fully collapse, but it's not good if you can't grab onto something or ditch to the other rooftop.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 5/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/9 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon stumbles a bit as the sudden pull on her gear drags her slight frame several feet towards the unfortunately dressed wizard. She says, "Hey! What kind of—" The rest of her undoubtedly brilliant and cutting comment is lost as the building starts to creak and groan as it tips over. Neon=Neon scrabbles a bit for a handhold, then manages to tuck herself up against what was formerly the wall by the door to the stairs.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:51 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Neon=Neon quickly grabs onto something! = (5+5)+2 = 12

Blowing her hair out of her face, she levels the sniper rifle she so recently stole liberated from the hateful woman in the tower at the wizard and snaps off a few shots. The first two go wide as the jostling of the building throws off her aim, but the third slams into the wizard's chest. Neon=Neon pumps her fist and shouts, "That one was for 'Biki!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:52 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 She then attempts to blow hatman's brains out! = (3+4)+2 = 9

Taking several shots! -1 Ammo!

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:53 PM
@Tricky: 1d8 Sniper rifle damage! = (3) = 3

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 20/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 3/9

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!"

When it comes to things made of ferrous materials, Jet counts for 3.

"I'mma kill you for this! And for Behold! And for this!"

Failed defy danger.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 2/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


Zann and Chauncey both start to lose their footing as the building lists, threatening to drop them both straight to the pavement. Luckily, Chauncey cares a lot more about Zann's body than his and makes another sterling toss, landing his creator safely on the other roof. The throw seems to have left the lich a bit shaken, and Zann can't pull together enough power for another magical barrage. Meanwhile, Chauncey busily scrabbles with all four hands to avoid pitching to the street below.

quote:

@wiegieman: 2d6 liches aren't good at action rolling = (6+4) = 10
@wiegieman: 2d6+2 chauncey action roll = (4+1)+2 = 7
@wiegieman: 2d6+3 magic missile = (1+2)+3 = 6

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 7/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

Behold grabs onto an AC unit and holds on for dear life. She's got plenty of ferrous metal on her and in her, and she's unsteady from the hits she's taken, but she manages to keep her grip.

Defy Danger (+STR)
@Gorbash: 2d6+1 = (5+6)+1 = 12

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 23/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

As the bullets and magic hurtled towards the man, Sol charged through and followed up with a massive swing for the fences. He could feel bones cracking under the blow, and permitted himself a tight lipped grin as his foe when flying. As the building groaned he glanced about for something, anything, to hang onto. Nothing within reach.

poo poo.

With no other choice, Sol slammed his weapon into the concrete roof and hoped the spikes would be sturdy enough to keep him in place.

Hack & Slash
@Shardix: 2d6+2 = (1+5)+2 = 8
Damage
@Shardix: 1d10 = (10) = 10
Defy Danger...by powering through
@Shardix: 2d6+2 = (2+5)+2 = 9

Hat guy gets an attack of his own on Sol

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011




HP: 7/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

"Oh, no you don't."

Seira won't let this building trip her over again. She lashes out her whip, coiling it around the same steel support that Reginald is holding. Her whip takes a mind of its own and tugs itself, pulling Seira off her feet. Straight towards Reginald.

Close enough to punch him iin the face.

Defy Danger
Sidekick: @Mitama: 2d6+2 = (6+2)+2 = 10

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




The building lurches down and smashes into the neighboring skyscraper with a deep, rumbling crash, though thankfully Pernabell's buildings are so overdesigned that the apartment simply comes to rest at a sharp angle. Jet Magnum and Chauncey are sent sliding down into the neighboring building and find themselves thrown through plate glass into unfurnished office space.

Reginald is preoccupied with throwing a magic missile from his hand into the incoming Sol. Neon's shot throws off his aim sufficiently, and though it strikes, it does little more than scorch his jacket. It turns out that adding momentum to your enemies is a bad idea, especially when one of them weighs several times as much as you and is swinging a baseball bat. The falling blow leaves Reginald with only a handful of functioning bones and nearly tears his arm from his socket.

While his last ditch lightning bolt hits Seira, it does nothing to stop her from swinging in to deliver the killing blow. He falls from his handhold and tumbles down like a rag doll to the crevice formed by the two buildings touching.

Sol slows his fall enough to prevent any injury and comes to a stop next to the crumpled body. Reginald is clearly dead.

The sky is blue and sun is shining. It's starting to get a little hot and humid, though it's still rather refreshing thanks to the sea breeze.

Sol took 2 damage coming in, Seira took 6 from the shot, Jet and Chauncey took 4 from the fall. Reggie died. You guys are clear to bullshit for a little bit so just lemme know when you want to move along.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011




HP: 7/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

Seira could almost feel her arm break from that punch. She's a technician, not a fighter. And the lightning bolt breaks her concentration enough that her whip undoes itself. She finds herself falling again.

Fortunately, even this fallen building has enough junk sticking out for her whip to grab on to. So she does that, swinging from exposed strut to pipe-shaped debris in a descending manner. She doesn't know long she can keep this up, but hopefully enough that she won't hit the ground from 50 feet high.

"Good grief."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 7/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◆◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

Behold, still gripping the AC unit, opens one eye. Finding that she's not dead, she looks around at the huge mess. "Well, that didn't go half bad!" She carefully picks her way across the slanted apartment roof, and hops into the room Jet and Chauncey were thrown into.

"Nice landing!" she tells them, clearly entirely sincere. She punctuates the sentence by firing an anchor into the floor. She fishes out an ascender/descender and hooks it onto the line, tosses the end over the edge, and starts sliding down to retrieve Seira.

As Behold slides down, she tries to see what happened to that truck that was crashed in the side of the building.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




The truck is a little worse for wear, but it was wedged firmly enough into the building that it didn't fall during the collapse. The keys are still in the ignition, though it's going to take a bit of heavy machinery or a lot of creativity to get it free right now.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.



HP 21/25 | Armor 4 | Load 8/14 | XP 1/9

The building finally ceased shifting, finally coming to a rest a severe angle. Glancing around, Sol noted the dead man nearby and grabbed hold of his collar before he could slide away. Gods, what a mess. The only saving grace was that it appeared none of the crew had died, and all of the collateral damage could very easily be blamed on the terrorists.

Hooking the dead man's collar onto one of the spikes of his bat, Sol reached up to his helmet and keyed the radio.

"If any of you saw where that woman went, I'd like to examine the body. I need to make certain of her identity."

He very much hoped his guess about Crag Wyrm sorcery was wrong. Enemy or not, that was no way for someone from the tribes to die. For now, though, it was time to get paid. He hefted Reginald's body onto a shoulder and began the arduous task of getting down without gravity's assistance.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 16/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 3/9

The guy is dead and she didn't even get to stab him.

Jet is ruddy furious.

More so than normally.

She slams her fist into the wall, then her foot into the stuck truck with more force than would be necessary even if it was a good idea. "FUCKEEEEEERS!"

There is a creaking noise.

"uh"

The truck plummets to the earth below.

"Oops."

Somewhat more gingerly, Jet descends to the bottom and turns the keys. Somehow, despite now looking like someone kicked it in both the back and the front, someone like say, an elephant, the reliable old vehicle rumbles back to life.

"Ha ha! Totally on purpose!"

K Prime fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2017 around 16:07

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010


Royalty is a continuous cutting motion



HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 2/9
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 8/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4


With the end of the second fashion disaster, Zann breathes (so to speak) a theatrical sigh of relief. "Well, all's well that ends well," the lich says brushing off some sensible business robes (BoneWear: For the modern Necropolitan) and verifying tool integrity on the way down the stairs. "Neon, darling. You know the mayor, correct? How do you think she'd feel about finding me some office space and a stapler gun? I get the feeling there's going to be some rebuilding contracts up for bids, and it's never too late to network."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?




Despite the lack of notification to your employer, the escrow drops. A personalized fanfare plays as each of you receive a notification that you've received 2,000 G and +1 @GKI rep. The recently crumpled truck is added in, but that one's not really easy to split up, so you receive an additional notification that you'll have to fight over it among yourselves.

With the immediate danger over, a couple of kids emerge from the warehouse to look up at their apparent saviors. Cixi waves for Behold to come down while Hibiki sits sullenly on the roof.

ED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saR7SYa6nAs

This marks the End of Session! Everyone will be fully rested and healed after this point. Check for any bonds you've resolved, check for meeting your alignment/drive, mark XP, and make new bonds. Figure out the answer to the three questions: Did we learn something new? Did we overcome a notable monster or enemy? Did we loot a memorable treasure? Hash it out in the discord if you'd prefer.

I'm going to start this session with a series of prompts, you can either roll with them or gently caress off and do something else, in which case describe the alternate location/store/whatever you go to and who you met in case you want to bring it up later. Or if you want to butt in on someone else's thing then feel free.


and

Its been two days since your arrival on island and the standing offer of take whatever you like seems just as daunting as when Hibiki pitched it to you. Normally there are some sort of constraints to the problem of finding a place to live, like the price of land, continuing costs, or availability, but there are no such issues here. Resort town luxury condos and hotels are everywhere, most furnished, and there are even empty industrial facilities waiting for businesses that may never come. Of course, most of it is away from the small populated area, but that might be for the best.

Behold gets a text from Cixi. [ Hey, just got done with work. Where you at? Wanna hang out? 😘 ]

What place are you looking at now and what do you do?

and

For a place that's supposedly a lawless hellhole filled with deadly animals and deadlier ne'er-do-wells, Pernabell Bay certain has its fair share of cozy cafes and luxury good stores. There's not a particularly large number, and they're all packed together in the same city block, but at least it's enough to provide a distraction while the others do boring things like look for living space or try to con people into buying corpses. A call comes in from Hibiki.

"Hey kōhai, what you up to? Wanna hang out?" She asks in Shiheian. Her brash manner hasn't changed a bit since your school days together. "My new eyes won't be here for a little while so I'm doing the NEET thing for a bit. You haven't seen my place yet, right? You should check it out. Invite whoever you want! Just ask anyone where my building's at, they'll know."

What were you two shopping for and what do you do?

and

The dead don't drink, but everyone else does. There are few better places than a bar to network, which has lead Zann to a bustling local place to try and pitch her craft. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of heavy drinking for noon on a weekday, especially considering the supposedly small population of the city, but who's judging? Such inefficiency is only an indicator of greater opportunity.

Whether or not it was planned, Jet Magnum's there too. The noise level has been steadily increasing for some time, and now it's noticeably more rowdy than when you first arrived. An incredibly drunk, shirtless young man stumbled up to Jet and puts an arm around her shoulders. "Hey lady, how 'bout it?" He nearly falls over during his attempt to wink.

What kind of bar are you two at and what do you do?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◇◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

"Come on Seira, just one more," Behold says for what must be the fourth time so far today. They've looked at luxury condos, beach houses, warehouses, and everything in between, and none of it has seem quite right for the Vulture Capitalist's needs. But this place they're pulling up to...

Is the worst. The building was supposed to be a school, but it never got any students. The plumbing needs to be replaced, and there's desks and blackboard and stuff everywhere. Plus the room layout makes no sense for a residence or business place, and the cafeteria was never finished so there's no where to cook.

"Okay this one sucks. Even worse than that warehouse with the funny smell. But I liked the one we were at before!"

That one was a four story building, on a canal, with store fronts on the bottom two floors and small apartments on the upper ones, and an accessible roof with a shop space, with a small basement garage. No dock at the canal, but there's certainly space for one. That would give them room for everything. Labs and workshops for Behold, Zann, and Seira, and for a training room for Jet and Soliliquoy, even a small studio for Neon. Plenty of living and work space.

Downside was it had no furnishings and the electrical still needed to be finished, but it was a pretty minor amount of work.

Behold glances down at the test while they stand in the halls between the clasrooms - no lockers installed, at least - and quickly thumbs in a reply. [Still hunting for a place, but I think we're gonna knock off for the day before Seira kills me. Love to meet up - maybe bring a friend to meet Seira?]

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011




HP: 7/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 0/9

"Gods, I didn't think finding a place to settle down would take so much walking."

Seira finally waves off whatever might be Behold's next request to keep going. "The four story building was fine." She concurs. "We just need internet access, nothing else matters."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.



HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◇◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 3/9

"Fair enough. Hey Cixi wanted to meet up, maybe get dinner? Sound good?" Behold starts heading back to the truck, one of the two they got their hands on last mission. "You can rest your feet on the dash if you want!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009




HP: 26/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 5/9

The Drowned Man is a polite bar for impolite people, mostly travelers and sailors. The fights are quietly brushed under the spartan but sturdy tables, and the bartender keeps a wand of tazing for the particularly unruly. Jet finds places like this like she finds trouble. She just drifts by and they spring up.

"Bud, if you're too drunk to define what 'it' is, you're too drunk for any fuckin' that's fun for me. So piss off," says Jet, calm like the center of a storm. "I'm drowning my sorrows here."

Matching action to word, she slugs down another double. "Another! I want to be too drunk to piss straight before this is over, ha!"

  • Locked thread
«15 »