Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

HP: 26/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/10

"What a stupid thing to be concerned about," says Jet, locking her helmet down. "Let's get going. I need to hit something until it stops moving." She pauses. "Or starts. Whichever."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/10 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon shoots Sol a sour look and levels two barrels of absolutely appalling Shiheian hand gestures his way, just long enough for him to register, then gets busy suiting up herself. In an equally quiet voice, she responds to the synth, "Well, you're your own boss now, so I suppose that's fair. Stow the suit if you want, we can probably pawn it off for some G later on and get you something you like. Or need... if you have physical needs. I'm still not really sure on that end."

She shakes her head. When had she become the responsible one? What the hell was happening to her life? One thing was clear: she'd need to get really crazy when they got back to blessed, blessed ground and reclaim her brand. The trials and tribulations of fame.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◇◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 7/9

Behold applies the final seals on her suit, locking her helmet in place, and gets a thumbs up from Basil on the crosscheck. "Innocence has as much chance around Jet as an ice cube has on the sunward side of the moon," she comments as she moves to check the other's suits, so Basil can focus on pre-flight. As soon as she's done, straps herself into a jumpseat. "All green here."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 5, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 0/11
Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter| Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4

Zann gives a simulated snort at the thought of Jet and Innocence being on the same continent while clicking the last piece of the maneuver unit into place. "I can't believe someone had the nerve to make me leave a positively riveting discussion on the applications of post-mortality plant life to undersea mining. Do keep note of that Matthias, if we're lucky we'll completely side-step the cemetery gap." As the system passes green, the lich continues. "You all know what this is, don't you? Communications down, ship impounded with no paper trail, satellite de-orbiting ahead of schedule. We're going to have to deal with whoever doesn't want us to get at that hard drive," at this point Zann looks at Neon "and I'm going to have words with your dear friend the Mayor for sending us out with bad intelligence or a leaky operation. This is why you fill staffing gaps with the eternally patient dead. They don't bribe as easily."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

HP 25/25 | Armor 4 | Load 7/14 | XP 8/9

Sol responded to Neon in Shiheian, suggesting several anatomically improbable activities. It wasn't mean spirited - it was just how he got sometimes when things were down to the wire. A way to help her vent some stress. Though more and more, he wasn't certain it was needed. The boss lady was certainly displaying an impressive love of weaponry and a lust for the chance to use it on people that just about brought a tear to his eye.

Following Behold's example, he likewise gave Basil a green light.

"But you know, I have to admit. I expected you to have a tattoo down there, Jet. I'm disappointed."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Tattoos are money I can't spend on getting my antennae replaced," says Jet. "Not much use if I replace the skin they're on, either." She gives a offhand thumbs up to Basil, gets glared at, rolls her eyes, and makes proper eye contact the second time. "Anybody who needs one to keep someone's attention thataways is a failure, ha."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

HP: 12/12 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Load: 4/7 | XP: 4/9

Seira pokes the loose dreads inside Matthias' suit. Touching other people is extremely stressful, she's not going to do any more work here than needed. "Is that fine? Good."

She signals Basil. "Set."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Hey, thanks." Matthias shoves his helmet on and shoots Basil a thumbs up. "I'm good, dude!"

Lian looks down at her suit and turns the helmet over in her hands. She shrugs and puts it on, finishing up with the final checks. "I haven't really thought about talking and stuff, so it can't hurt..."

"That's everyone then, right?" Basil attempts to give a head count and then gives up halfway through. "Whatever, there's way too many of you." He sits down in the cockpit, hits a few switches, and throws deuces to Big Wei. Wei casually walks over to the panel next to the port authority, mashes a bunch of buttons, and sprints into the open bay door. The mooring latches release and the ship lurches into the endless void.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrDOAXf_mXw

"Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!" Wei yells, shutting the hatch just after the ship passes through the air boundary. The ship's steady 9 m/s acceleration pushes everyone towards the back of the bay, and the pirate has to climb up the deck to reach the pilot's seat. "Haha! Smooth as glass, yeh? On our way. Easy day. Basil, watch the sensors for shots!"

"They shouldn't shoot! Why would they shoot? Slow down!" Basil shouts. "What are you doing? Look at the phase chart - "

"gently caress that, gonna catch it this time around! Punch down on it the fun way. We got dV for days, so why not burn it? Oy, might wanna buckle in."

The ship jerks again as the acceleration suddenly stops. The planet below is getting much closer at a fairly uncomfortable rate.

"Fair warning, if I mess this up, we're all going straight into the atmosphere. Your suits are rated for reentry, but I dunno 'bout the fall. Don't show them the chart, Basil."

"But - "

"Don't! Right, buckle in, or at least go sit at the back there, yeah? Going to be pulling two or three Gs for a bit." He looks at a readout. "I lied, four. So when that burn ends, I'm going to pop the back hatch and you all need to jump out, get on the thing, get the thing, and get back on." He hops out of the seat to dress himself out in a space suit. "Need to be quick, yeah? Don't think there was enough dV left on that hunk to get it to deorbit properly, so it's bleedin' off velocity sitting at the top of the atmosphere. Real circular orbit right now, bad stuff. Late in the game. If you feel wind, that's normal. If you feel a lot of wind, consider getting back on and ditching. Basil!"

"Yes?"

"Watch for any ships coming down to try and slow the thing down. Get sensors on that thing now, we should have a line to it now, yeah?" He's obviously far more proficient at putting on a space suit than anyone in the group. "Right, any questions? After all that, we get out, head up to one of the rogue stations, and get you lot down to Biki's Island first thing."

Make any last preps you want!

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Mission was on. Sol immediately dropped his jokey demeanor and put his head into the game. Looking over the crew, he eventually piped up.

"I'll exit last. Since I don't have the technical know-how to safely secure the package, I'll be watching everyone's back. If an accident happens, somebody gets a suit rupture, whatever, let me know. I'm support on this one. As a reminder: When you are on the outer hull of the satellite, three points of contact at all times."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 5/10 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon finishes sealing up her suit and then taps open the comm channel, "Can everyone hear me? Yeah? Good." Securing both her rifle and rayblade to the exterior of her suit, she continues, "I'll be on overwatch, I guess? Lian can watch my rear end and rough up anyone who gets too close. If, y'know, anyone else makes a move."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Lian tries to lean in to Neon, but instead accidentally knocks her helmet against the idol's. "Um, I can't really fight well," she whispers. It comes across the common comms channel clearly. "So, y'know, please don't have high expectations for me..."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Behold grabbed the seat nearest the hatch. "Watch out for trouble, whoever did this is going to see us coming with this kind of burn." Before it kicks in, she reaches over and flips a switch back and forth on Lian's suit to show her how to go from the group channel to a private one with Neon, then gently pushes her back into her seat. "I'll grapple a line onto the sat and go over first, then head up hull to the target, next up Seira, with Jet in case something is waiting for us, Zann and... her assistants, then Neon, Lian, Sol. Uh, do what Sol said, not what I do." She pulls her magnet grapple out and attaches it to the thigh of her suit for immediate access when she goes through the hatch, and then her toolkit to the front of her chest. Then she braces herself for the acceleration.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 7, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Neon=Neon shrugs, "That's fine too, Lian. Stick close to me and Sol, we'll make sure nothing bad happens to you." She gives the synth a conspiratorial grin as she taps her rifle. "Believe it or not, I'm almost as good in a fight as I am at performing."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Oh, this feels loving awful," mutters Jet. "Let's get freaking going before I hurl in a spacesuit. Gotta keep moving and it'll fade. I think."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Puke and rally, girlie! Puke and rally." Wei says with a laugh. "Ten seconds to the burn! Any last words? Haw!"

Lian nods to Behold and Neon, then braces herself.

Seira just happens to notice Bishop's securely strapped up body momentarily light up while she's looking around...

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter | Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4

Thank whatever gods still haven't been killed that Zann doesn't have to deal with that particular biological quirk anymore. "Jet, aim down. There's a vacuum catchment that should get it all." This is probably still classified, but what the hell. "Chauncey, change maneuver mode. Microgravity." There's a whirring and a clicking, and possibly a clunking, and what appears to be a maneuver unit deploys out of the back of what is clearly not simply a 'customized heavy lifter model.' "Can you believe I had to piggyback on the deep space construction team to get this thing working? Those philistines couldn't get a dynamic control response working to save their un-lives. Ended up having to build it on top of a few thousand bird souls." Zann gives a wistful sigh. "Well, I needed the thruster tech. You should have seen what happened to Chauncey VIII. Didn't end well."

In addition to Multiple Arms, Chauncey also has the Thruster Pack adaptation, and this is definitely not my desperately flailing for a way to keep my main class feature out in space.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Seira looks at the body, rather bemused. "I know we're doing a job for those tech kids, but did we have to bring this guy while we're flinging at high speeds?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"We just nabbed everything in the rooms and ditched, yeah?" Wei says over his shoulder. "None of my business what you got with a dead guy. Not my job! Didn't see the return trip in the cards, 'sides."

Lian, however, perks up. "Did you feel that? Did Seira send that? Hey - "

"Burn in three!" Wei shouts. Basil braces against the back of the ship. "Two! One! Woo!"

The deceleration is crushing. Everyone is thrown against the back of the ship and pinned there by their own weight. The entire aft bulkhead, including the ramp, turns transparent. The surface of the planet takes up most of the view, though a speck in the distance very rapidly grows into a bright cubic structure. It closes at a worrying pace but stops very short of actually colliding.

"Velocities matched!" Wei announces triumphantly. "Oy, now that's what I call coming in hot, yeah! Putting the ramp down! Let's go!"

The cabin depressurizes at an unsafe rate as the rear ramp is flung down. The top edge of the satellite is just a few meters away. The entire structure is a cube with each side measuring roughly 100 meters. A jet of gas originates from some point out of view on the opposite side and shoots out ahead of the satellite.

A lone figure stands at the opposite edge of the arena-like satellite, silhouetted against the bright sun. It remains perfectly motionless and shows no signs of life.

What do you do?

Lian is a special hireling with a cost of Assurance and and +4 Loyalty. She has a special skill: +1 Operator.

quote:

Operators are fairly skilled with intelligence gathering, though they're not proficient enough to independently carry out a mission. They're most often found behind a desk or a panel, looking up things or maintaining situational awareness for those actively engaged in a fight.
  • Legwork - When an Operator is within communications range of you, gain +skill to Spout Lore and Discern Realities.
  • Creep - When an Operator is sent out to locate someone or something, they can almost successfully carry out their mission. The Operator will be able to answer any questions you have about the target; however, if the target is dangerous or in a secure area, the Operator will be captured.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Well that's not good," Behold says mildly, hitting the quick release on her seat's harness and stepping onto the ramp, shouldering the mag grapple. "Looks like this is a hostile boarding action. Basil, feel free to toss the line once we're down. Everyone else, here we go!"

She picks a good spot and fires the grapple. Soon as it hits, she gives it a tug to be sure, hooks the other end of the line to a utility loop. Then she jumps out of the ship, a hand on the line to guide her, and quickly drops onto the satellite. As soon as her boots hit hull plate, Behold is moving towards their target, with the simultaneously graceful and awkward lope of someone well practiced with mag boots. As she goes, she pulls up the schematics of the satellite she'd been studying so she can hone in on their target hard drive.

@Gorbash: 2d6+1 Discern Realities = (5+1)+1 = 7
• What should I be on the lookout for?

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 9, 2017

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Ahh yeah, that's the pukey feeling gone," says Jet, glaring at the silent figure. "I'm gonna kill this clam slamming motherfucker."
Jet hooks up to the line, hits the hull, and then begins trying to follow Behold, except with the awkward clomp of someone who has never worn mag boots in her life. "Fuuuuuuuuuuu-"

In space, thankfully, nobody can hear you swear.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 6/10 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

With a graceful leap that wouldn't look out of place in some sort of highly choreographed sci-fi space concert, Neon=Neon and Lian make their way onto the satellite and lock onto the surface with their magnetic boots. Neon=Neon hefts her rifle and peers at the unmoving figure through the high-end scope. Opening a channel to everyone she says, "Uhhhh, who invited that creep? One of your buddies, Zann?" Swapping over to her as-yet-unnamed private Lian channel, she adds, "Feel free to piggyback on my scope data and see if you can make any sense of it. This is weird, right? I'm getting some weird vibes here."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 3:57 PM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Discern realities (w/ Lian boost!) = (1+2)+2 = 5

The Neon=Neon Powerleveling Experience continues with no signs of slowing down.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Undead Servants: Chauncey, Gigantic Multi-Armed Porter | Stats: +3 STR, +2 CON/DEX, +1 INT/WIS/CHA | HP: 12/12 | Armor: 2 | DMG: +4

Zann and Chauncey move out cautiously towards the satellite under jet propulsion, the larger lifter unit hovering protectively while the Lich complains. "I don't like this. We run into evidence of a hostile hacker all over the place and there's an unoccupied frame just sitting out here?" Zann is silent for a few moments, then speaks again. "Everyone, dog down all your virtual ports. That goes double for Lian and anyone with cyber. Wei, Basil, make sure that body you picked up for me is secured too, the person who was in it last isn't there anymore because he used unsecured DNI. Who knows what kind of junk is still in that substrate. I'm doing a sweep, but keep in mind my scan-rituals are optimized for atmosphere work."

@wiegieman: 2d6+1 discern realities = (6+6)+1 = 13
What happened here recently? What is about to happen? What here is not what it appears to be?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Normally, Seira would find the sense to comply and shut down anything that could expose her over the internet. But why assume that this weird figure is the one that's hostile? Someone is absolutely helping her. She wouldn't have found out about the satellite's orbit otherwise.

"Don't worry about that thing." She insists, using her PA to help her reorient her mag boot walk. She just hopes her gut is right.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Behold's schematics highlight a nondescript maintenance panel on the base of the antenna structure below them. An exploding diagram shows how to access the bank of hard drives within using minimal tools. Of course, it looks like smashing would be a viable option, as the drives are heavily reinforced. With something slowing down the satellite, the proper use of tools might take more time than desired.

Lian hums uneasily to herself. "What is that? Just an empty body?"

Basil leaps across the void with practiced ease and holds up a tablet as soon as he gains his footing.

"No worries, yeah? We're always running silent. And, uh... Guy's off," Wei chimes in. "Least I think so. Right?" You can hear the rustling on his open mic as he leaves the seat to jostle Bishop's body. "Yeah, looks dead as a doorknob. No signals comin' off."

Zann's scan rituals reveal recent damage to the satellite. It almost looks as if there have been multiple recent attempts to deorbit it using less than optimal means; it looks as if satellites at the end of their useful life were used in the past few hours. This is more worrying, as it likely implies that several more such trash heaps may be on their way. And while that figure at the other end of the arena may not be up to anything now, propositioning assets in such a manner is typical of remote controllers such as powerful AI and the occasional lich.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Once everyone else had cleared the ramp, Sol followed after, landing deftly and watching the lone figure warily. Clicking his comm on, he spoke.

"Are we taking it careful with this or tearing out the whole assembly? If the latter, I might be of some assistance."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The results of the short range scry only make Zann more nervous. "Whatever we do, we'd better do it fast. This thing has impact marks, satellite sized ones. And dropping a spare body in intervention range is exactly what I would do -- it's almost impossible to stop pattern entanglement, no matter how remote the receiver or how thick the jamming. Keep that in mind, Wei. Don't tie what's left of him down with nylon."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Behold eyes the schematic as she hustles towards the maintenance panel. "All right, marked the target. This whole thing feels off so I'm worried about surprises, so I don't want to just smash my way in. Still going to be quick and dirty though, so watch out for loose debris."

Behold's intention is to use the manual's directions as a guide, but to shortcut the steps by removing things destructively. If there's a screw, she'll cut it; if there's a tricky catch, she'll break it; if there's a wire, she'll snip it. It doesn't have to go back together when she's done, after all. But she wants to approach the target layer by layer in case of booby traps or other unwelcome surprises.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 18/18 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d8 | Poise: 2/5 | Load: 5/6 | XP: 6/10 | Currently: Stylish, Regal

Neon=Neon looked at the empty shell with no little concern and opened a channel to the team's expert on that sort of thing, "Zann? Can you do something about it? Should we break it? I could probably blow it apart pretty quick, but, I don't know, maybe there's some sort of autonomous defense thing that'd trigger. What do you think?"

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

HP: 18/18 | Armor: 0 | Damage: d4 | Load: 4/6 | XP: 1/11

"Who knows? It's not innervated at the moment, but smashing it could provoke whoever left it out here. If we're quick, we might even get the package without any problems."

@wiegieman: 2d6+2 spout lore = (1+3)+2 = 6

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

"I have eyes on it. It's why I'm here at all. Do what you need to do and I'll make sure you're not interrupted."

Sol carefully made his way across the hull with his compatriots, unslinging his shield as he went. His weapon remained where it was - for now. He liked this no better than anyone else but it was his job to keep a level head. That meant not setting strange people off with undue acts of provocation. Not here, close enough to reach out and run his hands through the outer atmosphere of the planet. If something went wrong, there was only one real place to go. Straight down. He wasn't sure of the exact science but he knew things were supposed to burn up on reentry without shielding. Even if he was mistaken on how that worked, he knew gravity well enough. And nobody was taking that trip on account of his mistakes.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"I mean, I can go ahead and check it out." Seira suggests. "There's a lot of us and we're only getting data from the station."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Oooooh," says Jet, peering at the figure through the sunshield on her helmet. "Hey, Skullface! I think I've broken one of those before! Has a power core that goes like, pop-zang when you kick it in the nards hard enough, hahahaha!"

@KZA: 2d6+1 assist Zann = (5+4)+1 = 10

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Jet's crude reference to using high acceleration to short out the primary capacitance plates of magnetically suspended magical battery is enough to jostle Zann's memory. That older style of energy storage is also prone to large, violent explosions if impacted in just the right way. The only things still in service with such ancient equipment are pilot models that utilize themselves as the power source. There's some trick to getting them to forcibly disconnect from their vehicle, but Zann can't quite remember that bit.

Behold's removal of the hard drives goes smoothly, though the steady stream of space-junk rising from her location does look like quite the safety hazard. The entire foot-long tray of drives pops out without protest. Easy!

"Hey, I just lost all of my tracker feeds," Basil calls out with a slight hint of alarm. "There were three or four objects on pretty close intercept, but they were steady and I don't - "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htDB8SuLrng

Before he can complete his report, something massive streaks overhead, clipping the antenna hard and slamming into Wei's craft. Being on an orbit in the opposite direction, it was too fast to easily identify, but the antenna is ripped from its structure and your ride is torn clean in half. Only part of the cockpit and the arms remain. The arms cling desperately to the satellite, which now has a highly disorienting backspin.

The near impact and backspin are very disorienting and may have dislodged you from your position! You had best defy danger if you want to do avoid being thrown off into space or otherwise do anything right away.

Immediately before the collision, those observing the empty unit could see a golden holographic crown appear over its head. It looked to be thrown over the side when the satellite started spinning. Safe, right?

As the satellite completes the first half of its spin, the source of the jetstream becomes rotates into view: another satellite, just shy of 30 yards across, though this one appears armed.

A golden holographic crown hovers over the forward view port. A pair of RCS thrusters push it gently away from your platform as its missile pod doors slowly swing open.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Neon=Neon grabbed onto Lian as the satellite began to spin wildly. While, sure, a normal person might find all that terribly inconvenient, it was of little challenge to the resourceful idol. Not flying into space is right around the same bracket of skills necessary to be one of the foremost performers of an age, after all! Her magnetic boots firmly connected, Neon=Neon swung Lian back down and ensured that the synth was likewise in place. It wouldn't do to have her fly off into the inky black of space on her birthday after all!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:43 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Defy getting tossed into space! = (6+2)+2 = 10

A grin on her face, Neon=Neon hefted her giant, high-tech sniper rifle and leveled it with the opening ports of the missile pods. Now, sure, this was probably about the time that Sol would usually give her some well-meaning advice about the inherent difficulty of making a shot given relative velocities, the spin of her footing, and the fact that — oh yeah — they were in space. None of that mattered. She was Neon=Mother loving=Neon and it was about time people remembered that she made the impossible possible — and looked drat good doing it.

She transmitted to Lian, "Okay, Lian, I need you to brace me. This thing has some serious kick." As the synth duly held on to the idol, Neon=Neon loaded a sabot round. If there was a time to break out the big guns, it was fighting some sort of killer satellite. Information played across the scope, but Neon=Neon didn't have time for that poo poo. She'd need to make it count and... Now!

The report of the rifle that she had been expecting was disappointingly not present — again, space — but the kick was in a big way. The bright flash lept from her gun's barrel and, impossibly, landed home with an explosion of space debris.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:00 AM
@Tricky: 2d6+2 Volley at the death satellite! = (6+4)+2 = 12

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:02 AM
@Tricky: 1d8 Volley damage! = (7) = 7

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

HP: 26/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 1/10

"WHAT THE UUUUUUUUUGRH" Jet vomits into her helmet, thankfully hitting the siphon, but also failing, to, y'know, stop herself from being flung bodily away from the sat, still gripping a large chunk of metal.

When she figures out where she is to retaliate, something is going to die.

Failed the Defy.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

HP: 16/16 | Armor: 2 | Damage: d8 | Charge: ◆◇◇ | Load: 9/10 | XP: 7/9

Behold has just enough warning of what's about to happen to max her mag boots and jam the cutting tool she was using - and has connected to her suit by a tether - into the structure of the satellite before it starts spinning out of control. She concentrates on keeping hold of the drive tray as the sat tries to throw her off. When the worst stops, she gets her feet set again, yanks the tool free, and takes a look around.

"Well crap," Behold says, taking in the rapidly devolving situation. She quickly straps the drive try to her suit. "Drives secured, I'm going after Jet! Someone see if Wei is still alive."

With that, Behold deactivates her mag boots and activates her thrust pack, launching out into space, aiming for an intercept with her flailing cyborg compatriot. "Jet, stop flailing and stick your arms and legs out!" That should slow her rotations and give Behold a bigger target. "When I grab you, get ready to jump! I'm going to give you a big boost towards that enemy ship. See if you can board it, our ride got fragged and we could use a new one!"

@Gorbash: 2d6+2 Defy Danger+INT = (4+4)+2 = 10
@Gorbash: 2d6+2 Field Test+INT = (3+6)+2 = 11
Uses one Charge

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 17, 2017

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Lian has little trouble sticking to the satellite thanks in part to her large prehensile tail wrapping around a nearby strut. "Got you!" She wraps her arms around Neon's midsection on command, preventing the idol from being launched into space by the recoil of her rifle.

It's difficult to tell just how much damage the round did based on the tiny hole in the command module of the enemy satellite, though a growing cloud of shrapnel glimmers in the sunlight behind it. Yeah, that looks like a lot of broken stuff. The combat satellite's RCS thrusters sputter violently to correct for the impact and it's sudden loss of mass.

Neon does 7 damage! Jet can immediately close range and do whatever (read: attack)!

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

@Shardix: 2d6+2 DD +str = (6+5)+2 = 13

Grabbing hold of a chunk of the satellite, Sol whipped his head around as Wei's ship got cut in half. Well. So much for their egress.

Or was it? The second satellite coming into view gave him an idea.

"Neon, cease fire. I'm commandeering that craft."

Sol is going to sprint across the hull and jump for the enemy satellite. Should be doable - we're far enough out that gravity is more of a suggestion than a law. Once he lands he will try to pry open a hatch and seize the thing from anybody inside. Let me know what you need as far as rolls go.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

@Mitama: 2d6+2 defy dex = (4+5)+2 = 11

Seira pulls out her whip in time and lashes on a strut that used to hold some sort of solar panel before the enemy satellite tore it apart. She jostles around when the satellite she's on spins around, but her mag boots stick to the metal.

"Don't panic, don't panic." She says to herself, appraising the situation. "We just have to steal that thing and get out. We're not going to die. In space."

She needs to check on Wei, though. And their cargo as well. The slow walk's not going to do it for her. Seira also turns off her mag boots, uncoils her whip again to grapple on on another broken strut, then winds the whip to pull her closer towards their wrecked ship.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

HP: 26/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 1/10

"THAT IS THE BEST ORDER I'VE EVER THOUGHT ABOUT FOLLOWING!" shouts meteoroid Magnum, "DOOOOOORYAAA!"

Behold and Jet do a complicated twirling vector before Jet is released in the direction of the enemy.

Still clinging to her debris, she whirls and intersects its vector with the approaching craft's. Or, less pretentiously, a big piece of space junk is slammed through a outer deck cover, followed by a very angry woman.

7 on the Hack/Slash, 6 damage before armor.

• Locked thread