Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet Magnum

Motherfuck, a briefing? This is the poo poo I came here to avoid! thinks Jet, rolling her eyes in time with the roll of the ship.

"gently caress that," she declares, and stalks out into the world without taking a single glance at any more stupid briefings. It's time to go and make mistakes in a big way.

She have done that aboard ship, but that would have been a little too suicidal even for her.

quote:

Name: Ginebra "Jet Magnum" Margarita De Arroyo Contreras Salerosa
Class: The Barbarian
Level: 2

Look: Wild eyes, Supple body, Unusual mods, Weather-inappropriate clothes

Stats:
STR +2 (16)
CON +2 (16)
DEX +1 (13)
INT +0 (09)
WIS -1 (08)
CHA +1 (13)

HP: 26
Armor: +1
Damage: d10

Alignment: Chaotic (Eschew a convention of the civilized world.)
Race: Rogue Cyborg (Bits are easier to replace than skills, is the motto of the underground body replacement therapy docs known as the Cutters. During the session, the GM can ask you to tell a brief story about how you got one of your implants. If you do, mark XP.)

Moves:
Unencumbered, Unharmed

So long as you are below your Load and neither wear armor nor carry a shield, take +1 armor

Herculean Appetites
Others may content themselves with just a taste of wine, or dominion over a servant or two, but you want more. Choose two appetites. While pursuing one of your appetites if you would roll for a move, instead of rolling 2d6 you roll 1d6+1d8. If the d6 is the higher die of the pair, the GM will also introduce a complication or danger that comes about due to your heedless pursuits.
⃞ Power over others
⃞ Mortal pleasures

The Upper Hand
You take +1 ongoing to last breath rolls. When you take your last breath, on a 7–9 you make an offer to Death in return for your life. If Death accepts he will return you to life. If not, you die.

Musclebound
While you wield a weapon it gains the forceful and messy tags.

What Are You Waiting For?
When you cry out a challenge to your enemies, roll+Con. ✴On a 10+ they treat you as the most obvious threat to be dealt with and ignore your companions, take +2 damage ongoing against them. ✴On a 7–9 only a few (the weakest or most foolhardy among them) fall prey to your taunting.

My Love For You Is Like a Truck
When you perform a feat of strength, name someone present whom you have impressed and take +1 forward to parley with them.

Usurper
When you prove yourself superior to a person in power, take +1 forward with their followers, underlings, and hangers on.

Gear:
2x Instant Ramen Variety Pack (2x5 uses, 1 weight)
Adventuring gear (5 uses, 1 weight)
Combat Knife (Hand, 1 weight)
Separator Chainblade (close, +1 damage, 2 weight)
Amirta's Locket
Load 5/9

Bonds:
Zann Marat is puny and foolish, but amusing to me.
Neon=Neon’s ways are strange and confusing.
Behold Pascale is always getting into trouble—I must protect them from themselves.
Seira Blackwell shares my hunger for glory; the earth will tremble at our passing!

K Prime fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2017 around 23:45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet Magnum

The rain slides off mineral-oiled cyborg parts as Jet evaluates her new digs.

"Man, what a loving dump. Looks too much like home."

The sound of impending violence for profit pulls her from her brief reverie.

"That's cheap, but I'll do it if I get to keep his hat," says Jet, peering at the picture. "Why you want him dead though?"

K Prime fucked around with this message at Jul 9, 2017 around 15:27

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet Magnum

"Murdering a corporate office is my idea of a good time," shouts Jet, slapping Seira on the back in what is probably supposed to be a friendly way. "It does help to know why you're doing it. Even if it's just 'corps are bastards who all deserve it, ha!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

HP: 24/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

"Eh, who cares. It ain't moving very fast, so-" Jet hops out of the back, where she's been lounging. Rain drips from every inch of her, but she doesn't appear to notice, care, or even bother to remember that weather is a thing. "I call dibs on the free sword!"

K Prime fucked around with this message at Jul 10, 2017 around 22:42

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Sweet, free sword! Now... is there a fight I can use it in?" asks Jet, rhetorically. "Lead the way, long sword, hahaha!" She balances it on her fingertips, allowing it to rotate into what she would call a "death metal compass," and happily follows the blade wave down the street. Today couldn't be going better already.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Oh man, this is the second best show I've ever been too," shouts Jet, over the noise. Around her, chaos unfolds. A sword bounces off her chest, point first, and she frowns. "Hey, watch the shirt! I got this off a dead guy, and they don't make them any more!" Now properly motivated by spite, she begins forging forward, shoving debris and swords aside as they come flying at her. "Oi! I'm going to make you stop doing this."

A grin begins to form on Jet's face. "And enjoy it. A lot. Haha, hahaha, HAHAHAHAAAAAA!"

quote:

/roll 2d6+2 #defy danger by literally defying it. HIT ME, COWARDS
SidekickBOT - Today at 11:01 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 defy danger by literally defying it. HIT ME, COWARDS = (5+6)+2 = 13
KZA - Today at 11:05 AM
/roll 2d6+2 #shoving things aside to approach the stage.
SidekickBOT - Today at 11:05 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 shoving things aside to approach the stage. = (4+3)+2 = 9

@KZA: 2d6+2 WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! = (3+4)+2 = 9

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

HP: 23/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

"Aw c'mon, it's just getting good," snarls Jet. "Can I at least keep this sword?"

K Prime fucked around with this message at Jul 13, 2017 around 17:39

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"We already know where they are, you morons," says Jet. "They're in the loving warehouse? What do you want, the zip code? Come on Ram, let's go do some loving work!"

She stalks off into the rain, stolenish sword still in hand. "If I kill them all first I'm not sharing the loot!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"I suppose. I ain't exactly queen of air and darkness, though," says Jet, frowning. "Ah, whatever. Here goes. One, two... HUP!"

With a running leap, she aims for a hole in the wires, skidding to a halt half-prone on the other side. "Frick! Stupid rain! Stupid... loving rear end in a top hat mines! I think I skinned my knee! rear end!"

She lies there on the floor for a moment. "Someone's gonna die for this."

quote:

/roll 2d6
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:36 PM
@KZA: 2d6 = (6+3) = 9
Dex Defy

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"SOMEONE'S GOING TO DIE FOR THIS!" roars Jet. "COME OUT YOU COWARDS, BEFORE I BEAT DOWN THE DOOR AND DRAG YOU OUT! YOUR HATS ARE STUPID, YOUR FACES ARE UGLY, AND YOUR BREATH SMELLS! I WILL gently caress YOUR PARTNERS, YOUR PARENTS, AND YOUR loving COUSINS!"

She breathes out heavily. "Haaaaa! I feel a little better. Going come out and play, little boys?"

quote:

@KZA: 2d6+2 = (4+3)+2 = 9
✴On a 7–9 only a few (the weakest or most foolhardy among them) fall prey to your taunting.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet almost whirls as the car flies past, but the bang warns her of the hazard to her eyesight. "AW YEAH! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet lets the grenades hit her feet. "HE, ha? Afraid of hurting yourselves?"

She hops upward, and feels the grenades go off behind her, sending her flying headlong through the air toward the unfortunate lackeys. "Too bad! I'm not."

Whichever is unlucky enough to be in her trajectory gets a sword to the face.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:35 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 = (5+3)+2 = 10
KZA - Today at 6:36 AM
Danger: defied
KILL
/roll 2d6+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:37 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 = (6+2)+2 = 10
KZA - Today at 6:38 AM
/roll 1d10+1
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:38 AM
@KZA: 1d10+1 = (2)+1 = 3
messy, forceful

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet raises a yellow-plated arm and leans into the shots a little, pursuing the scrambling "sharpshooters."

"Come on, come on! This isn't even hard! Give me a reason to remember your faces after I remove them!"

With a backhand swipe of her blade, she seeks to make good on that threat to the one already wounded.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:21 PM
@KZA: 2d6+2 = (3+5)+2 = 10

Danger: defied.

KZA - Today at 1:05 PM
/roll 2d6+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 1:05 PM
@KZA: 2d6+2 = (1+4)+2 = 7
MURDER
/roll 1d10+1
SidekickBOT - Today at 1:05 PM
@KZA: 1d10+1 = (9)+1 = 10
MUUUURDEEER

Target the wounded.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

HP: 20/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 0/9

"Oi oi, calm down!" says Jet to the former hostages, dripping blood and rain on the floor. "I'm on your side, I guess. Well, nobody is paying me to kill you."

She begins rifling through the meager possessions of the guards. "Anybody see if these bozos had ID? Or, ha, some kinda boss?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet rears back as if to strike but stops herself before hitting a small child with a chainsaw. That would be bad.

"Oh uh, the arm? Well... I f-" Jet opens her mouth, looks at the crowd of people, and closes it rapidly on the next word she was going to say. "-ooorgot to eat healthy and my arm fell off, so they had to replace it. So uh, listen to your mom, yeah?" Jet sweats under the gaze of a crowd she isn't allowed to commit violence upon or for. This is something like her personal version of hell, and she isn't even naked. Honestly, that would probably make it better.

Quickly, she leans in closer to the kid. "Ok really, you wanna know? I was fighting this a- assassin who had f- fancy laser eyes and he got me good right at the shoulder joint. I wouldn't have been able to work again if I hadn't had it replaced. So if you decide to grow up and get into my kind of work, uh, try not to fight any assassins with laser eyes." She stands back up. "AND BRUSH YOUR TEETH OK!?" she projects, shooing the kid back toward his presumable parents. "Anyone see where hat-guy went? I much desire to kick his... butt."

<44Fragnum> GET ME OUTTA HERE!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

The boom from the roof gives Jet a much-needed out. "That sounds like my job, gotta go! Later, uh, kids!"

With that eloquent parting statement, she heads for the roof at double time. "What the gently caress is going on up here?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Oh, they're up there, ha? Nice. Seira's got the best idea! Let's trash 'em and get paid!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

HP: 20/24 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 2/9

Jet drives her fist into the wall and grasps a joist, resisting the rocking motion. "FUCKERS!"

She storms on to the roof. "I will shove that hat up your rear end and beat you to death with it!"

There's a moment of silence as everyone realizes this makes no sense whatsoever.
"FFUUUUUUUUCK! LET'S jUST KILL EAcH OTHeR!"

/roll 2d6+2 # Defy Danger +str
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:44 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 Defy Danger +str = (3+4)+2 = 9

/roll 2d6+2 # BRING IT YOU WANKERS
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:57 AM
@KZA: 2d6+2 BRING IT YOU WANKERS = (1+2)+2 = 5

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

HP: 20/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 3/9

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!"

When it comes to things made of ferrous materials, Jet counts for 3.

"I'mma kill you for this! And for Behold! And for this!"

Failed defy danger.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

HP: 16/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 3/9

The guy is dead and she didn't even get to stab him.

Jet is ruddy furious.

More so than normally.

She slams her fist into the wall, then her foot into the stuck truck with more force than would be necessary even if it was a good idea. "FUCKEEEEEERS!"

There is a creaking noise.

"uh"

The truck plummets to the earth below.

"Oops."

Somewhat more gingerly, Jet descends to the bottom and turns the keys. Somehow, despite now looking like someone kicked it in both the back and the front, someone like say, an elephant, the reliable old vehicle rumbles back to life.

"Ha ha! Totally on purpose!"

K Prime fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2017 around 16:07

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

HP: 26/26 | Armor: 1 | Damage: d10 | Load: 5/9 | XP: 5/9

The Drowned Man is a polite bar for impolite people, mostly travelers and sailors. The fights are quietly brushed under the spartan but sturdy tables, and the bartender keeps a wand of tazing for the particularly unruly. Jet finds places like this like she finds trouble. She just drifts by and they spring up.

"Bud, if you're too drunk to define what 'it' is, you're too drunk for any fuckin' that's fun for me. So piss off," says Jet, calm like the center of a storm. "I'm drowning my sorrows here."

Matching action to word, she slugs down another double. "Another! I want to be too drunk to piss straight before this is over, ha!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet sighs and shrugs off the drunken man like a wet coat. "Piss off. I'm too sad about not gettin' to stab a dude to stab a dude right now. Not that stabbing you'd be any fun anyway. Keep 'em coming, Sasha."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet doesn't nurse drinks.

The 5 shots are gone before Sasha has another chance to turn. Only this forced pause prevents Jet from getting even more, and lets the first 7ish settle in.

Therefore, shortly afterward...

"HEY ZANN! WHATCHA UP TO OVER HERE!?" sluryells Jet, slapping the Lich on the back. "IS IT A FIGHT? I HOPE ITS A FIGHT!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"NEW NECROMANCERS?! SWEET!" says Jet. "I LOVE THAT poo poo! I HAD A SKELETON SERVANT UNTIL THEY BLEW UP THAT APARTMENT, IT WAS GREAT!!"

Jet stares at the 3. "HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER KILLED SOMEONE BEFORE? IT'S AN IMPORTANT QUALIFICATION!! KNOWING HOW PEOPLE COME APART IS IMPORTANT TO KNOWING HOW THEY GO BACK TOGETHER! AT LEAST, THAT'S WHAT THE DOC WHO PUT IN THIS ARM TOLD ME, AND I LIKE THIS ARM!"

She grabs one of the three at random, catching Molly at random. "DO YOU LIKE MY ARM?!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet's room is a small arsenal of repair tools, spare weapons, and sparer weapons. From habit, they are already concealed behind mess and more mess, despite the lack of need. Or maybe Jet just doesn't clean too good. Her closet is empty- her spare clothes, such as they are, are scattered about the room like blood spatter.

The other thing Jet had sent was a decent set of cooking utensils.

Which explains why it is her cooking a hearty breakfast of eggs and sausages in the main room. There is enough for everyone, somehow, despite the guests. Jet didn't bring anybody back, this time- too drunk to bother not scaring everyone away unintentionally.

It's fairly skilled cooking. There's fresh green onions in with the eggs, and the spicing is perfect.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Yeah, hook me up. When you're stuck in any ol' shithole, you get the good stuff..." says Jet, turning over a sausage and flipping another into her mouth. "Or you starve and complain a lot, like my last ex."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"I wouldn't blame anything on being a man or a woman around me, ha!" snarls Jet. "The one before him complained too, and she was worse at it. I keep telling people, I'm getting better at picking them. It's just taking a while."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"We need way more money. Good food isn't cheap, and neither are better cyberarms," says Jet.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Is that a Sekihara G250 "Hand of God" in the chrome plate?" says Jet, excitedly. "What's someone with something that cool doing all the way out here? Does it really survive smashing through someone's ribcage? Have you tried?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet scratches her chin idly, making a small metallic scraping noise. "I mean, yeah, you all are right... but I feel like I got an idea, ya'know? Why don't we take the barbaric mercenary work? Then, we buy whatever he fuckin' needs, plus a little extra for myself, and boom, everyone gets all geared up, true story no moral. Arrowists are the best cutter-riggers around..."

Jet pauses. "I mean, that's enough for me, I don't really know about you dorks. I'm so pent up at this point I'll take something just to smack someone good, ha! Ok, maybe not so good deal for everyone else..."

She pauses a bit. "Hey you, God Hand. That's good gear, your parents loaded? Maybe you could give them a call?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

code:
dang tell me this stuff sooner. 
ill take plug and pay of some of that arrowist gear over money any day

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Yo, can we get equivalent value on the Hand instead?" says Jet, hand rubbing the side of her neck. "I never feel right taking someone's like, stuff that they got in them. At least while they're still alive. We'll take some of that stuff you ain't put in yet instead. It's a good hand, and yer young enough to enjoy it."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Seriously kid, learn to hang on to your stuff. Being nice is great an all but down here you be that nice and poo poo gets taken," says Jet, eyes distant. "Eh, whatever. I'll grab that rebreather there, then, and... are those auto-pitons? Were you planning on climbing a mountain or what, ha? Is there a mountain around here somewhere? I got an idea for those."

She turns them over in her fingers. "Before any of you other shits mouth off, it's not climbing a mountain of corpses."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet's power napping in the corner seat already. Probably won't be out the whole flight, but if she doesn't conk out for the first hour at least she gets airsick. That, and it passes the time.

Queued up in her earphones is the latest from the minimalist orc-hop group Grok The Future. Even over the sound of the interior music, the deep thump thump of boom-bap can be faintly felt from the oversized bass woofers.

For when she wakes up, there's a book- a proper one, in paper- sitting on her lap, one hand holding it to prevent any accidental foot landings. What can be seen of the title reads "How to Serv-."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jet snortlaughs and sidles closer to Behold. "Oh boy, I thought I was gonna be the idiot whose ex tried to kill us first. Thanks for taking that one off my back, Holdy."

K Prime fucked around with this message at Sep 21, 2017 around 13:58

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Yet." Jet winks salaciously at Abby's image. "You really need to take a chill pill, Miss Horny."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Birthday ball, ah?" says Jet. "Must be nice getting a big ol' dance party for your birthday instead of another knife in the ribs."

She pointedly isn't looking at the security checkpoints. That poo poo makes her nervous. Several things in and on her person are illegal in various jurisdictions, and to be perfectly honest nobody likes a fuckin' rent a cop. The good thing is she's not carrying anything not cleared for orbital use right now anyway. The bad news is that she's never actually been in orbit, so this is gonna be gross.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"I hope you know a good tailor," grumbles Jet, lurking behind her nominal employer. "It's fuckin' hell trying to look good and hide all the metal-" Jet pauses. "Wait, this is like, your peeps right? poo poo, they won't give a flying gently caress! This is great!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Who does your clothes, Holdy? Because I want to make sure we avoid them for this." Jet snickers. "Seriously, though, let's go have some fun!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Which is good, because laser pistols are completely fuckin' useless. You get like 3 shots and then you shout gently caress a bunch and drop it because it's blazing loving hot," says Jet. "Or you get metal hands."

«3 »