Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

In Training posted:

The results screen in ranked isn't organize in any order at all

It took me like a week to realize this. I was very confused for awhile.

Another one I can't figure out the answer to.....how does the + time under the main time get calculated in Splat Zones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

In Training posted:

That's good, I won't let it destroy my already fragile self esteem then.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Are you sure? Because I find myself at the top with most splats and specials more often than not. It definitely feels like it has some sort of order to it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mahoning posted:

It took me like a week to realize this. I was very confused for awhile.

Another one I can't figure out the answer to.....how does the + time under the main time get calculated in Splat Zones?

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splat_Zones#Penalty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frankston posted:

Are you sure? Because I find myself at the top with most splats and specials more often than not. It definitely feels like it has some sort of order to it.

It could be alphabetical

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Lakbay posted:

Is there actually a bonus for staying in matchmaking after a win? Besides not having to deal with the billion loading screens

Nah no bonus, I think he was just saying it's time-consuming to exit the Lobby, walk over to Murch, scrub, then go back to the Lobby after every match.

Hmm, I just noticed that when you're looking at the Battle schedules in the Splatnet app, you can click on a map and it'll pull up your win percentage in each Ranked mode. Incidentally, I am hot garbage at The Reef so far.

Also if you click on the Splatfest banner you can see which team your friends have joined.

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 1, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I really like the headlamp helmet. Sure its not "fresh" but its got a nice gritty and dirty look to it, which is rare in Splatoon. That's what I really want from the Grizzco gear, not stupid polo shirts.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

In Training posted:

It could be alphabetical

https://twitter.com/phatlizzy/status/892472141945294848

Definitely isn't, here is a link to a screenshot of my results on my Twitter for crappy splatoon drawings

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mussleforge Fitness is my home turf.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lakbay posted:

Is there actually a bonus for staying in matchmaking after a win? Besides not having to deal with the billion loading screens

It is more likely to keep you together with anyone else who stays in matchmaking

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ranked order might still be organized based on points earned, just that the points aren't displayed anymore

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

ranked order might still be organized based on points earned, just that the points aren't displayed anymore

That's what I was thinking, but in rainmaker what gets you the points? If you look at the scoreboard here

How could I be bottom based in points? I just want to know if I'm doing it wrong, I thought I was being helpful protecting the rainmaker carrier, clearing paths etc

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Hmm I think when you disconnect the game removes your splatfest tee for some reason. It keeps equipping the starter tee and that's the only explanation I can think of.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

nerd_of_prey posted:

That's what I was thinking, but in rainmaker what gets you the points? If you look at the scoreboard here

How could I be bottom based in points? I just want to know if I'm doing it wrong, I thought I was being helpful protecting the rainmaker carrier, clearing paths etc

Points are inked turf, so it still displays by Turf War rules, despite not really mattering.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

A vote for Team Ketchup is a vote for communism.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can't we all just get along?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'd happily play Splatoon 2 with a member of team Mayonnaise.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

The app shows points and it's still not in that order

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like that Pearl and Marina have a lot more banter when announcing their choices for a Splatfest. "Tomatoes are fruit, Marina" had me laughing a bit

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I thought the Rainmaker points were distance moving the Rainmaker forward and lowering the distance remaining for your team. Like if you moved it from the center and took it down to 15 points, you'd get top on the scoreboard even if somebody else carried it from your goal to their goal and scored.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't win mainstage tower control

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

I thought the Rainmaker points were distance moving the Rainmaker forward and lowering the distance remaining for your team. Like if you moved it from the center and took it down to 15 points, you'd get top on the scoreboard even if somebody else carried it from your goal to their goal and scored.

Naw I once carried the maker from mid to dunk in one fell swoop and got placed third on the chart

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I like that Pearl and Marina have a lot more banter when announcing their choices for a Splatfest. "Tomatoes are fruit, Marina" had me laughing a bit

I was surprised by how mean this was.

Poor Sheldon :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

In Training posted:

I can't win mainstage tower control

I climb around a lot on that stage, there's a lot of places you can jump to from the tower to ambush the opposing team from. Also give the octobrush a try.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The only thing that matters in ranked is the W. Who cares about your order on the list. Get on the tower.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hey so you know how previous Salmon Runs had rewards up to 1200, then after that it was just the clothes repeating? Well I see some pink capsule on my card at 1600 now. I wonder what that is.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Super ultra rare item required for high level league play

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Hey so you know how previous Salmon Runs had rewards up to 1200, then after that it was just the clothes repeating? Well I see some pink capsule on my card at 1600 now. I wonder what that is.

That is 100% new as I have gotten north of 2k points without seeing anything over 1200. Maybe after they changed it to 24 hours they decided to add a third super bonus? If you get it totally report and see if it is 100k coins, 5+ tickets, or what. I have gotten poo poo bonuses since htat first weekend. NEED COINS.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 1, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got a pink capsule. It was a Grizzco Polo. :geno:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The geyser round is stupid as hell

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Silver Falcon posted:

I got a pink capsule. It was a Grizzco Polo. :geno:

Yup. Looks like the pink capsules will contain random clothing from past Salmon Run events so you can get them that way if you join late.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Finally unlocked the .96 gal which was my favorite weapon in 1. I'm glad it has armor as the special since I play with it in a more supporting role. Sprinklers are cool too and I almost forgot they returned since I rarely see them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Evil Eagle posted:

The only thing that matters in ranked is the W. Who cares about your order on the list. Get on the tower.

Yeah, the order is pretty much random for all I know. It doesn't matter at any rate, a win is a win.

Also, splat those zones. Please.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Don't run backwards with the rainmaker, if you really feel like you need a reset kill yourself by jumping off a ledge. This will place the rainmaker back in the middle which is better than the alternative. Thank you.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

JackDarko posted:

Don't run backwards with the rainmaker, if you really feel like you need a reset kill yourself by jumping off a ledge. This will place the rainmaker back in the middle which is better than the alternative. Thank you.

I did this multiple times last night and my teammates acted like I shot their dog

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There needs to be a drat cap on how many boss salmonids can spawn in a row. Having three flyfishes spawn one after the other just absolutely fucks you over

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

At the start of the round at the bottom part of the screen is a tinted wave-like overlay
If it is below the text, it is low tide, if it's way above the text (almost halfway up) it is high tide - in the middle is normal

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You have a transparent wave animation as part of the wave-starting HUD along the bottom of the screen. Covering up to half the screen means high-tide, floating around the bottom of the screen means low-tide.

Thanks for explaining the high/low tide indicators on salmon run guys. That transparent wave banner was a lot more subtle than I was expecting.

Pubbies been doing real good with today's loadout. All straightforward damage weapons resulted in me going 5/5 today in pro.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm starting to think pubs in overachiever are worse than go-getter

E: yup I'm glad I'm getting demoted

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 2, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Do you really have to complete every single level in the single player campaign with a weapon just to unlock a reskin? :wtc:

On that note, for the people that have played with the umbrella shotgun a bit, what do you think about it? I'm personally a little iffy on it, but I can see it having quite a bit of utility for more support oriented playstyles.

tap my mountain posted:

I'm starting to think pubs in overachiever are worse than go-getter

E: yup I'm glad I'm getting demoted

You'll find people of varying skill levels there. Some know what they're doing. Others just got launched there from Go-Getter and can't handle the waves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I just got to profreshional 140 solely with the help of the pubs, so I don't know what anyone is talking about re: the badness of the general populace