Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The important thing is that you can be an Octoling, as octopodes are superior to squids in every way.

And also the small fry little buddy was pretty cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope there’s a new even smaller Judd to join the other 2.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope there’s a new even smaller Judd to join the other 2.

we will get an even bigger Judd , and then normal Judd will ride him around like this

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I cannot wait to see what comes in 2020. The bow looks rad, but I'm gonna be sad if I can't dominate/instantly die when I pop my inkjet.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/750615478595379200

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

unpronounceable posted:

I cannot wait to see what comes in 2020. The bow looks rad, but I'm gonna be sad if I can't dominate/instantly die when I pop my inkjet.

Every special was new in 2 and I'd guess the same with 3

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I hope they expand Salmon Run into a Tier 1 mode, it was pretty much all me and my buds played after we got bored of PvP.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Smiles posted:

omg the spawner drones are espresso machines, the ink tanks are hydration bladders, the 96 gal has a water filter attached to it, its these little details that add up

Those were actually in the data for S1, just unused. The way they functioned was like in the trailer, first spawn allowed you to select where in the base you wanted to spawn, but subsequent spawns had you respawn at the set respawn point. There's a visible respawn point in the screenshots and trailer, so they probably function the same way here. Will probably make rollouts smoother.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope they bring back Saltspray Rig and Urchin Underpass. Those are the only Splatoon 1 maps I missed in 2.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Splatoon 3: Squid Megami Tensei Apocalypse

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Fallout: New Splatsville

edit: bad news, the squid sisters didn't blow up the real eiffel tower

the good news is it really is vegas

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 18, 2021

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

patrolling the splatlands almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wonder if they’ll replace every special again or have a mix of new and old ones.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

The Bloop posted:

Every special was new in 2 and I'd guess the same with 3

Most likely. Inkzooka looks to be back in name only. Seems to shoot explosive shots, not tornados. And we've already seen the wail/ray replacement.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
IMPORTANT REMINDER:

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
"If you click through the squid sisters for me, you can stay up a little late and watch me play splatoon" was one of my prouder parenting moments.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Waffleman_ posted:

Splatoon 3: Squid Megami Tensei Apocalypse

This, and also I am super looking forward to this. I need to decide on new character's style though, since I ended up with an established Iook for my agents 3, 4, and 8 and there are a ton of options this time... Probably an octo and a squid but I dunno?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

In splatoon 3 you will be able to choose from Inklings, Octolings, and Salmolings.

Quoting this from three years ago after some losers tried to tell me I would never be able to play as an octopus.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/0NXTO2L2dwI
A good reminder of just how much each game changed between launch trailer and launch date.

https://twitter.com/splotchi_/status/1362235201380737025?s=19

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 18, 2021

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The trailers were neat, but it's gonna take some doing for them to ever top the Octo Expansion trailer. The blinding, white-hot confidence that radiated from that thing was unbelievable. I've seen actual music videos with less aesthetic than that trailer.

More importantly, Octo Expansion showed that that team can make deep, chunky and occasionally merciless single-player content. I don't know what they're mulling over for the campaign part of Splathreen but I have complete confidence that it's gonna rule.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Image dump time. :woomy:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That looks so good. The quality of Octo Expansion really makes me excited for 3’s campaign.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm left with a feeling.

"Them city slickers and their Zapfish....Don't know what work is like." "The problems here are a lot different than in Inkopolis."

City/area rivalry sort of thing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Splatniss Everdeen

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

pointing at screen That's Little Buddy!

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I didn't catch the masks until just now

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I didn't catch the masks until just now

There's masks in 2

I have my character wearing one rn i think

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Octoling pompadour, sold

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Inkling braid hairstyle owns. Bows own and I'm glad they're here. This game is gonna be amazing.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Fedule posted:

The trailers were neat, but it's gonna take some doing for them to ever top the Octo Expansion trailer. The blinding, white-hot confidence that radiated from that thing was unbelievable. I've seen actual music videos with less aesthetic than that trailer.

Yeah, but that Spirited Away train shot was up there too. You'll have a fifteen seconds long fixed shot of a serene train ride where nothing happens and it will seem the most interesting thing in the world.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Not holding my breath but I hope they do some cloud backups this time around. I don’t think it’s a big deal for most of us but I’ve read some stories of people losing their saves from a broken/stolen/lost switch and that sucks. Especially in this day and age.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Social Animal posted:

Not holding my breath but I hope they do some cloud backups this time around. I don’t think it’s a big deal for most of us but I’ve read some stories of people losing their saves from a broken/stolen/lost switch and that sucks. Especially in this day and age.

Hopefully at least something like Animal Crossing.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I really hope 3 doesn't have ability chunks that I'd have to farm.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Bleck posted:

It probably will but let’s hope MPU isn’t in lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bleck posted:

You never have to

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Customizable Salmonids isn't the same as playable, I wonder how Salmon Run is going to be integrated though?

The Bloop posted:

You never have to

:yeah: :woomy:

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
You're gonna be protecting the salmonids and their precious eggs from wave after wave of disposal inklings and octolings sent by Mr. Grizz from Inkopolis.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

You're gonna be protecting the salmonids and their precious eggs from wave after wave of disposal inklings and octolings sent by Mr. Grizz from Inkopolis.

https://bobamiruku.tumblr.com/post/643672395547279360/splatoon-3

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bleck posted:

Fuckin same. Getting all my gear juuuuust right was such a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

I agree. Put it back to Splatoon 1's system of ensuring people never get what they want on gear. Chaos won, afterall.