Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't believe bowser is the bad guy in Mario again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Um.....you mind using a little common courtesy, dude?????

ok i'm done

time to see if i'm any good at splat zones

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I should really get around to unlocking ranked. Been sitting at level 9 for days now.

It's just that every time i log in, Salmon Run is available and I end up doing that for the rest of the night because it's so drat fun.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Which map from Splatoon 1 do y'all want to return?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Saltspray Rig was my jam and I want it back.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

I honestly would have been pretty pissed if someone spoiled the final boss of 3D World before I played it myself.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I should really get around to unlocking ranked. Been sitting at level 9 for days now.

It's just that every time i log in, Salmon Run is available and I end up doing that for the rest of the night because it's so drat fun.

i wish salmon run gave you rank exp

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Mainly the Rig and Kelp Dome, but I liked the Museum too. So any of those!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Furries should be told to get back in the trash where they belong, even if they are no longer the kings of poo poo life choices mountain anymore.

If you can't rank up steadily it is mainly on you cause if you're so much better you can least splat everyone else and make it stupid easy for your bad teammates. :dealwithit:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Here's a spoiler for y'all: mayo sucks and is going to lose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Salt spray Rig and Museum d'Alfonsorio or w/e the name was. Oh and the one that had variable water levels depending on how much time was left was fun too, Camp something

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Escobarbarian posted:

However I just now got out of C- in Tower Control and it bumped me right up to B- so I'm scared :ohdear:

People continue to make huge mistakes in positioning, overestimating their weapon effectiveness, etc. all the way through the A ranks so while the game will be a little tougher in B you'll be alright if you keep at it. Just remember no matter how well you play you will lose sometimes and that the only factor you can control is the quality of your own play, so don't let the things outside your control get to you and focus on what you did well and what you could have done better.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bring back Mahi Mahi Resort

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Skatepark Did Nothing Wrong

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Here's a spoiler for y'all: mayo sucks and is going to lose

You guys are so loving wrong. Mayo is fantastic. Ketchup is for you fat sugaraddicts.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

LPG Giant posted:

Ketchup is for you fat sugaraddicts.

Which is why it's going to win the splatfest

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'm so glad that I didn't give up on motion controls. I keep getting better and better at them. That pro Splatoon player that posted a video on how to hold your controller has also taught me really good habits.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The campground

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Saltspray Rig, because it had a different flow from all the other maps. Most maps use rotational symmetry, so they're laid out in either a line or a circuit. Saltspray Rig used mirror symmetry, allowing for that big neutral motherlode in the back with a head-to-head gauntlet leading up to it.

Blackbelly Skatepark because it was brush heaven.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Evil Eagle posted:

I wouldn't use the paint brush while it was in rotation, but it was a ton of fun, wonder what it'd be like if they gave it bouncy sections like in the single player?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Mayo is high in cholesterol, what with all those eggs. So go on, clog those arteries.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

grand theft grotto posted:

People continue to make huge mistakes in positioning, overestimating their weapon effectiveness, etc. all the way through the A ranks so while the game will be a little tougher in B you'll be alright if you keep at it. Just remember no matter how well you play you will lose sometimes and that the only factor you can control is the quality of your own play, so don't let the things outside your control get to you and focus on what you did well and what you could have done better.

To add to this I had a match in my last tower control session in which I flanked from the side while my team rode the tower and the entire enemy team decided to chase after me. Because I picked the right moment to start running away and they all gave chase, my remaining 3 teammates on the tower got an easy KO. This would not have happened if anyone on the team had chosen to keep the objective in mind, and that team had multiple A+ ranked players on it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

grand theft grotto posted:

This is really good advice, thanks :) definitely getting flattened a lot more/not used to all the bombs and missiles flying about but hopefully trial by fire will help me improve

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Arowana Mall :getin:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Evil Eagle posted:

If they do they need to add a new feature that automatically publishes a shame clip to Youtube when I jump in the water.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Splat Zones on Moray Towers is the WOOOOOORST

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The Bloop posted:

There is no indication of if it's actually that character or a clone or who knows what, also the other boss in that picture was not teased anywhere as being in Splatoon2 that I ever noticed.

Not everyone reads every tweet and watches hour-long youtube breakdowns of videogame box art.

Surprisingly (apparently) some people just go oh there is a new Splatoon game, I will buy that. In fact, it seems pretty obvious that the people who would care about spoilers are the very people who would have avoided them up to this point.

It doesn't matter that you don't "get it". It shouldn't matter if you don't care - just knowing that anyone cares, or honestly that potentially anyone cares should be enough to employ a little common courtesy.

edit: FOR EXAMPLE (not that it should matter)
Personally since we know that many of the octarians are grown from clippings or severed tentacles I thought that the final boss hinted at in the boxart might be a clone of Callie or that she was actually doing some sort of outreach to the Octolings what with there being one in the new host duo.
Honestly the worst part is that its a big load of nothing and a major letdown. All these new bosses, all that story stuff before launch and oh, its mind control and the final boss is a repeat for the first games with a grind rail segment added on. Then callie doesnt even stick around and we put the villian in a snow-globe again since that worked so well the first time. The singleplayer was a actually pretty neat thing but that last part felt like a rushjob.

Also yeah jokes aside spoiler tags take no effort to use, might as well use em

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I was just hit by a fun 'bug' where I won a match and my XP didn't stop increasing, pushing me from 19 up to 21. As soon as I hit another screen my XP reset and I was back at 19.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

JackDarko posted:

I'm so glad that I didn't give up on motion controls. I keep getting better and better at them. That pro Splatoon player that posted a video on how to hold your controller has also taught me really good habits.

Got a link?

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Rexroom posted:

Mayo is high in cholesterol, what with all those eggs. So go on, clog those arteries.

Cholesterol in your food gets broken down in your intestines and does not increase cholesterol in your blood where it's dangerous. Sugar on the other hand is the devil.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

In Training posted:

To be fair, the 3D World final boss was exciting and awesome, and I would have hated for someone to have ruined that surprise for me.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Question for people who played a lot of Splat 1 - Is an endgame goal of "Have all of the gear and have all of it with 3 slots" reasonable, or would that require a completely stupid amount of shells?

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Splat zone is the worst.

Rainmaker is the best.

Tower control is p. good.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Lol wow towers is indeed complete trash for splat zones. Hope your team has the charger/splatling cause otherwise lol get hosed. It's not even fun winning its just tedious

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Splat Zone rules and is the most similar to a regular FPS deathmatch battle, but gently caress off if Moray is in the rotation.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Celery Jello posted:

Question for people who played a lot of Splat 1 - Is an endgame goal of "Have all of the gear and have all of it with 3 slots" reasonable, or would that require a completely stupid amount of shells?

Somewhat reasonable but a waste of time imo. Just focus on customizing the gear you like with ability chunks you prefer.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Lobstertainment posted:

Splat zone is the worst.

Rainmaker is the best.

Tower control is p. good.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bill Barber posted:

Splat Zone rules and is the most similar to a regular FPS deathmatch battle

I play Splatoon 2 BECAUSE it's so dissimilar to the meat grinder CoD style TDM

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Lakbay posted:

I play Splatoon 2 BECAUSE it's so dissimilar to the meat grinder CoD style TDM

This guy gets it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The goal in zones is to stay alive as much as possible so stop playing death match in it