Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Discord team needs a ketchup

Edit: make that two ketchups

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Oh, the maps still rotate!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I hope the new map goes right in the dumpster after this splatfest.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

despite my poor showing tonight my ketchup power is around 1950 which i think is alright? legit no idea. going to try some solo in the morning

lost every game against mayo. it was bad.

an inordinate amount of games was on inkblot academy. pretty sure i ended up there six times in a row.

i got the new stage one time the entire night

there are multiple splatfest songs though so that is a massive improvement over the first game, not even joking

raditts posted:

For people like that one dude in the Splatoon 1 thread that would always make walls of text cryposting about splatfest every single time it was on, I guess.

i miss zolthorg

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Night Blade posted:

I hope the new map goes right in the dumpster after this splatfest.

New map owns actually but only as a temporary thing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kaubocks posted:

i miss zolthorg

THIS IS THE ONLY TIME DURING THE YEAR THAT THE PLANETS ALIGN, AND EVERYONE VOTED FOR DOGS!? UUGGGGHHHHH

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress it I really like the Flingza Roller even if it's massively underpowered.

I'll just learn how to maximize it.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

How do the snails work?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cicadas! posted:

How do the snails work?

You can add slots or reroll for 1 snail.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The small urchin child then uses a screw driver to rip the snail from its shell and eats it.
This is the price of capitalism

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

No, I mean how are they distributed.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Back alleys generally

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cicadas! posted:

No, I mean how are they distributed.

you get a certain amount based on how much you ranked up your splatfest title and then i think whichever team wins the splatfest gets double snails

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Got partway through champion, going to finish up after some rest.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
One of the songs has its first 20 seconds really sound like a Megaman X song. Forget which, though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

So if you check a battle between the same team on the app, it lists the other team as the opposing team instead. So if you go Ketchup v Ketchup, the app lists that battle as you against Mayo.

I wonder if it's handled internally the same way, or if it's just an app limitation.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
Well, this sure has broken my brush habit. I think I'm done with the thing, it doesn't make the plays I want it to. I played a bunch, lost a bunch, dropped from 2080 to 1950 and back up to 1980 after I gave up on the brush, switched to the N-Zap, and enjoyed the freedom of ranged attacks.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Ended the night with an 83% win rate for Team Ketchup.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
So many disconnects...

New map is fun when you get the hang of it.

Power is 1600

Mayo is best

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Chronojam posted:

New map owns actually but only as a temporary thing.

Luckily all maps are temporary

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I'm beginning to understand the hate for the Tri-Slosher.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
They better bring back the ranged blaster soon.

Blaster has no range and rapid blaster is too weak.

And apparently the clash blaster is hot garbage.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Glad to see they leaned into the lovely employer angle for Grizzco and have it open on major holidays :v:

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 5, 2017

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I swear to god, every time the entire enemy team has set up camp in the middle of the map and we need really need to make a push and gain some ground, there's always ONE guy that splits away from the group to paint something off to the side at the last second before we get to the middle and we lose the push. Every time.

Then he dies too, in a hailstorm of aerospray and shame.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Okay, yeah.

The Tri-Slosher is extremely bullshit and needs to be nerfed.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's actually balanced for the user as they spread death across the land.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Takoluka posted:

It's actually balanced for the user as they spread death across the land.

I actually didn't think it was overpowered until I started using it instead of the brush.

It's significantly better than the brushes or the rollers. I became a death machine with it while barely aiming it. The weapon is completely ridiculous.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

50 matches later, I am a Ketchup Kween.
Shifting station is super fun but that level is basically a litmus test for lag.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is there no weapon freshness bonus during Splatfest?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This Splatfest is getting out of hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igo6VNWvr-s

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Kirios posted:

I actually didn't think it was overpowered until I started using it instead of the brush.

It's significantly better than the brushes or the rollers. I became a death machine with it while barely aiming it. The weapon is completely ridiculous.

Yeah, the thing that really bothers me about it is that you're fully rewarded for not being that accurate with your aiming. No other weapon in the game does that.

Mind you, I don't think it needs a big nerf. It does have its weaknesses (Its range is pretty short, so if the other person has the distance advantage, you'll have to use the Burst Bombs, which do use up a hefty amount of ink.) The Ink Armor point cost increase also really hurt it. It's not quite as absurd as some weapons in Splatoon 1 got.

Lakbay posted:

Is there no weapon freshness bonus during Splatfest?

There is not.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You know, the Splatoon 1 Splatfests were pretty good, with the simple top-of-the-truck stages and fireworks. But with the laser-light shows, dedicated rooftop stage, and thumping sound system, Splatoon 2 Splatfests... are off the hook :dukedog:.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Mayo's going to lose if my lose streak is any indication, I don't remember turf war being so intense

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

There's little kids playing splatoon, everyone do your part and report any creepy + inappropriate drawings u see in the square. thank u.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The Super Sea Snail payout from the Prima Guide:

You're guaranteed 21 Sea Snails if you can get up to the highest rank, so just pick the side you want.

Oh and mayonnaise won the Splatfest in Japan. 2 to 1, with mayonnaise winning popularity and solo matches portions.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr. Fetus posted:

The Super Sea Snail payout from the Prima Guide:

You're guaranteed 21 Sea Snails if you can get up to the highest rank, so just pick the side you want.

Oh and mayonnaise won the Splatfest in Japan. 2 to 1, with mayonnaise winning popularity and solo matches portions.

Oh, so we get different results regionally? How confusing.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Lube Enthusiast posted:

There's little kids playing splatoon, everyone do your part and report any creepy + inappropriate drawings u see in the square. thank u.

I wish I could report usernames, because I played against someone called "BucketsOfCum".

He was bad and I splatter him a lot at least.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

hopeandjoy posted:

I wish I could report usernames, because I played against someone called "BucketsOfCum".

He was bad and I splatter him a lot at least.

You can do that through the Switch's UI itself under recent players.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can do that through the Switch's UI itself under recent players.

You can also send friend requests through there as well.

Uh, you know if that's what you're into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I've been dinging all the furry spam art as Harmful/Inappropriate, myself.