Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh thanks for bringing a charger dude! No, no worries, don't ever bother getting on the tower. Just boost that K/D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Object Shredder 1shotting Ink Armor means I might have to trade in my perfect Ink Recovery shoes. Interesting.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I've been using Object Shredder shoes a lot and honestly the only difference I notice is how quickly you break the rainmaker barrier. I use an nzap or jet squelcher and it felt like the ttk on ink armor people was still the same

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I use the brush and it takes like 2-3 hits just to break the shield and at that point unless I've got positional advantage and am hitting them from the side they've already killed me.

I'm probably too lazy to bother switching, but it's a neat wrinkle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I see ink armor I usually run away and just use subs because they get hit with crazy knock back if it lands, even if they tank the hit

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lakbay posted:

I've been using Object Shredder shoes a lot and honestly the only difference I notice is how quickly you break the rainmaker barrier. I use an nzap or jet squelcher and it felt like the ttk on ink armor people was still the same

I've got Move Speed Object Shredder shoes that do work. You ruin the Ballers' day too. Own Rainmaker bubbles. Could be a great meta item if people congregate around Ink Armor equipped sets.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

In Training posted:

Oh thanks for bringing a charger dude! No, no worries, don't ever bother getting on the tower. Just boost that K/D

Rank A people are the most apathetic "I'm doing good enough" crowd I've seen in a videogame. You can feel their lack of energy.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Thermal Ink is kinda cool with the Sting Ray.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Don't use chargers in turf war

:negative:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm the guy that got 0 kills and 0 assists while dying 4 times and inking <300p. I'm Trigo.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dog nougat posted:

How else am I supposed to get my K/D up brah?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
If there were more charger users like that one guy I played Splat Zones with yesterday who was doing a really good job at keeping the enemy team back I wouldn't bitch about them but truely good charger users are far and few between.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chargers are really good in splat zones, the mode is practically designed to be an objective that snipers can actually dominate in

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've seen really good snipers in every mode, including turf war. I have no idea what they are doing to actually ink terrain well but if it works more power to them.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I've seen really good snipers in every mode, including turf war. I have no idea what they are doing to actually ink terrain well but if it works more power to them.

snipers have great ink coverage

just strafe in one direction while doing a bunch of medium/full charged shots

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

dog nougat posted:

Gotta practice somewhere.

Or you could not use chargers at all, That's also a good plan.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
As I slooooowly learn how to aim with motion controls, I'm finding chargers to actually be pretty fun. Turfing is kind of a pain but when you get a map with lots of long hallways to paint, it's fantastic.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I'm bad at chargers but sometimes you get off a shot that provides that good dopamine rush to your dumb gorilla brain
https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/vod-165499405-offset-14256.266666666666-25.583333333333375-854x480.mp4

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Just use a Jet Squelcher

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

dragon enthusiast posted:

I'm bad at chargers but sometimes you get off a shot that provides that good dopamine rush to your dumb gorilla brain
https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/vod-165499405-offset-14256.266666666666-25.583333333333375-854x480.mp4
10 shots, 2 kills. :woop:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dragon enthusiast posted:

You may have missed more than half those shots but you're actively engaging with the enemy, moving around and keeping an eye on things, leaving the field clear for your teammates to ink.

Exactly what a sniper should be doing IMHO.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

In Training posted:

I'm sorry

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

lelandjs posted:

You may have missed more than half those shots but you're actively engaging with the enemy, moving around and keeping an eye on things, leaving the field clear for your teammates to ink.

Exactly what a sniper should be doing IMHO.

It turned the splat zone contest into a 3v2, that's pretty good IMO

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Cheeto posted:

It turned the splat zone contest into a 3v2, that's pretty good IMO

*facepalm* didn't even realize it was Splat Zones.

That said 70% of any KOTH is keeping the enemy team as far away from the capture zone as possible (especially in a game like Splatoon where a team being grouped can mean a very easy team wipe), which he's certainly doing in that GIF, so...

I'd splat with this charger user over any of the chargers who are usually on my team.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Part of me really wants to start experimenting with other weapons, but I think I struck gold the first time with my lovely dualies and they're so wonderful.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
IMO if you want to practice using charger in ranked, Rainmaker is the easiest mode to do well in because you have one giant slow moving target that you can halt progress on instantly by eliminating

Being able to safely paint lines of ink gives you a great support role for helping the teammate with the flag and if you use the Firefin splat charger the suction bomb super can win or save games on its own depending on situation

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
If I feel like practicing weapons I either play Salmon Run or I play ranked and switch to the weapon that got the most kills or contributed most to the previous match. I wish there was a gun game mode but Salmon Run is pretty close.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gun game Splatoon would be awesome

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

S is all buckets and blasters.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
After grinding my way through matches with bad teammates who don't play objectives, I'm finally filling up the bar at B+ and about to get to A where I belong, where I was in splatoon 1.

Bar is almost full.... maps and modes have changed!

Damnit!

I'm sorry but you guys who said having 3 different rankings, I cannot disagree with you enough. This is the biggest pain in the rear end imaginable. I can't believe I had to grind through low ranks 3 times, and now I'm finally about to rank up and whoops guess I'll do that in a few hours when it goes back to the last game mode.

For the record, I don't need to just git gud. I've never ranked down once and I've filled up the bar every time. I don't poopsock splatoon 2 24/7 but you shouldn't have to play 60 matches to get matched to the skill level you were at when you started playing the game. Having different rankings for different modes would be okay if the matchmaking was more accurate, but considering its purely Wins vs Losses on a 4v4 team based game mode, it takes forever to get to where you should be.

In Training posted:

Gun game Splatoon would be awesome

Yeah that'd be super fun. What would be the knife? Roller?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be the hamster ball

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Dunno what's up today but of the last 5 matches I've had 1 AFK player and 2 DC'd players.

At least when somebody disconnects it doesn't count against your rank, but not very fun.

bacalou
Mar 21, 2013

figured id throw in a couple rounds of turf war before work, ended up losing twice in a row thanks to a very dedicated pair of sub level 10s inking every last section of our spawn. even got the best player from the enemy team on ours during the second match but the two of us couldn't get enough coverage to combat the 2v1 and 4v2 circumstances we found ourselves in. i know TW is a casual mode but i wish the enemy team with two 30+ and two 16+ would be balanced even a little against the team with one 20+ and two people under level 10.

my superfresh enperry dualies are lame now

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Even in A rank my team SUCKS!!!

That how you know they rode in to A rank instead of fighting their way into A rank

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Course as soon as I complain I go on a huge winning streak.

A rank baybeeee

In Training posted:

Even in A rank my team SUCKS!!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bill Barber posted:

10 shots, 2 kills. :woop:

Just like Overwatch!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was kind of a joke post I wasn't playing so hot this morning.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
I know motion controls rock, but what variant of motion controls do you prefer? Handheld? Joycons detached? Joycons detached with wrist straps? Pro? I use Pro the most, but I wish I had Joycons with the proportions of a Pro. Or a Wiimote/Nunchuck.

Also I miss Arrowana Mall.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I unlocked the gold Aerospray today, decided to try out out after not using an Aerospray for a long time.

Hah. Lol at anybody saying Aerosprays are overpowered or need to be nerfed. They suck. Sure, you can paint turf for days and rack up a huge score, but the minute you come up against any weapon that outranges you (which is pretty much ALL OF THEM) you're dead. And then the enemy who just splatted you inks over all the terrain you just inked, undoing all your progress.

I had a bunch of games where I was the highest scoring member of my (losing) team, and I can safely say I didn't contribute positively at all. All I did was paint turf, die, and then go repaint the turf I painted before.

Switched back to the Octobrush and golly gee gosh suddenly I can contribute again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

demota posted:

I use Pro the most, but I wish I had Joycons with the proportions of a Pro. Or a Wiimote/Nunchuck.

I badly wish there was a split comfort grip because I feel split joycons is the most accurate for me but my giant/small hands can't stand constantly shifting between the stick and buttons