Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Who would prefer strip invisibility to flight. I guarantee flight would beat the other in popularity if Marina was not represent invisibility.

this may come as a surprise to you but some people are capable of different opinions than yours

consider that maybe "clothes don't turn invisible" was chosen so that they could better represent the power in art form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I saw a bunch of posts a few days ago making GBS threads all over the Clash Blaster, so I decided to try it since I finally hit level 30. It's not... that bad? The worst thing about it is that its ink coverage is terrible (I have trouble hitting 500p in a turf war match when shooting constantly) and the Stingray is a borderline useless special, but it's pretty good at killing, and you might actually survive a close-range matchup unlike the other blasters. If they buffed it a bit and gave it a variant with a non-poo poo special it would be great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The way I see it there are three types in the splatfest.

Honest people, Pearl Fans, and Marina Fans.

Marina fans vote for whatever Marina represents, Pearl Fans vote for whatever Pearl represents, and honest people vote for whichever of the two things they like more. Marina fans outnumber Pearl fans by a lot so depending on the topic the honest people ether give Pearl a narrow popularity loss or a massive popularity loss.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

raditts posted:

I saw a bunch of posts a few days ago making GBS threads all over the Clash Blaster, so I decided to try it since I finally hit level 30. It's not... that bad? The worst thing about it is that its ink coverage is terrible (I have trouble hitting 500p in a turf war match when shooting constantly) and the Stingray is a borderline useless special, but it's pretty good at killing, and you might actually survive a close-range matchup unlike the other blasters. If they buffed it a bit and gave it a variant with a non-poo poo special it would be great.

For what the clash blaster does, you may as well run Luna, and it's ink coverage is in such a weird, stupid pattern that it leaves traces of enemy ink in the straight line it fires.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Escobarbarian posted:

Probably because they prefer invisibility to flight you weirdo

I honestly saw basically zero art for Team Invis until Marina made her splatzone comment. Pearl's mayo cake probably didn't help. But it's kinda impossible to tell if those had any real effect since there's nothing to compare to.
Another thing is that, at least for me, Flight vs Invisibility is kinda boring choice, so more people would ignore it since they don't really care and pick based on the idols and their lines.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kaubocks posted:

this may come as a surprise to you but some people are capable of different opinions than yours

consider that maybe "clothes don't turn invisible" was chosen so that they could better represent the power in art form

Flight was objectively better no contest.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'm glad splatoon 2 was capable of bringing us a new generation of zolthorgs

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think people underestimate Pearl's popularity. The meme potential in her is strong.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I prefer Pearl to Marina personally, but if you vote on a Splatfest via anything other than your actual preference in the proposed topic then you're a gosh danged idiot.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
what if your casually indifferent to the topic choices

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Pearl has grown on me, much like fungus grows on damp, rotting wood.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Pearl wins again. She deserves to, she does most of the singing.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Anidav posted:

Pearl wins again. She deserves to, she does most of the singing.
Pearl is a rapper.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I can't wait for the final splatfest being Rappers vs DJs

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

raditts posted:

I got a wild urge to try and make it work in Turf and....no. It just sucks for turf. It does too little damage even on a direct hit AND has poo poo range. So yeah what you said it needs changes first.

edit: I couldn't get above 600 points with it either cause ..ugh so bad.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I feel like any Blaster that isn't the Rapid Blaster would be bad for Turf. Their fire rates are pretty terrible, and their ink coverage is questionable. They're really fighting weapons instead of turf coverage weapons.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

MonsterEnvy posted:

The way I see it there are three types in the splatfest.

Honest people, Pearl Fans, and Marina Fans.

Marina fans vote for whatever Marina represents, Pearl Fans vote for whatever Pearl represents, and honest people vote for whichever of the two things they like more. Marina fans outnumber Pearl fans by a lot so depending on the topic the honest people ether give Pearl a narrow popularity loss or a massive popularity loss.

What about the people who vote for the one they think will get them faster matchmaking

Also Pearl spits hot fire and this is still the best fan work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl57zJ9IFPU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
High tide on Salmon run on this stage has the potential to be extremely rude. It spawned 3 steel eels in a row and there was pretty much nothing we could do.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What about the people who vote for the one they think will get them faster matchmaking

Also Pearl spits hot fire and this is still the best fan work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl57zJ9IFPU

I like this like 10-20 times more than the original song.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Squid warbling really shouldn't make for good music but it does.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

what if your casually indifferent to the topic choices

Then go gently caress yourself!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

In Training posted:

:yeah:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

In Training posted:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like both of Off the Hook and I make my Splatfest choices based on which thing I like more.:)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Marina puts "The Ho" in "Off The Hook"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

enojy posted:

log off

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The weapon set on this salmon run is great but the map is poo poo.

How many maps are there for this mode?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

enojy posted:

You put the "no" in "enojy"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

enojy posted:

Blocked.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I have very serious opinions on the promiscuity of characters in a children's game.
Also blocked. Blocked. Blocked. None of you are free from sin.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Pearl puts the "ok" in "Off the Hook"

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Pearl Marina puts the "f" into Off The Hook

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

I like both of Off the Hook and I make my Splatfest choices based on which thing I like more.:)

Same, Jigglypuff.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You guys put the "oof" in "Off The Hook".

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The Squid Sisters were better. Bring them back. At least they weren't Octarian scum. :mad:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want Callie + Pearl and Marie + Marina as rotating hosts

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

enojy posted:

I laughed, y'all uptight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I miss the Splatoon 1 songs, and I miss throating "WHAT THE gently caress!" 27 seconds in the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpPECtYOt8Q&t=23s