Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I'm pretty sure I've played against that guy in league, back when his name was finna nut. And now all he can do is watch, powerless while his friends play splatoon without him..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I really hate what a lovely cesspool of memes the square constantly is in Splatoon 2. Like you had your squid/kid and SpongeBob memes in the first one, but it seems way more concentrated in this game. I'm glad miiverse is no longer alive to see what its successor looks like. :(

Blank Construct posted:

I think, I hope, most people don't know he got banned for BMing and calling himself "Bike Cuck."

BMing...?

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 12, 2017

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

BM is bad manners. For splatoon it basically just means teabagging

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

raditts posted:

I really hate what a lovely cesspool of memes the square constantly is in Splatoon 2. Like you had your squid/kid and SpongeBob memes in the first one, but it seems way more concentrated in this game. I'm glad miiverse is no longer alive to see what its successor looks like. :(

BMing...?

It's because its just twitter integration so people post stupid crap for retweets...shameful really

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/RosePrinceTrey/status/940341377350561792
i was so close to a whole team kill and im mad

Gaffle posted:

BM is bad manners. For splatoon it basically just means teabagging
this sucks because i sincerely like just mashing the Go Into Squid button cause the noise is fun and not any kind of Big Own

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Expect My Mom posted:

this sucks because i sincerely like just mashing the Go Into Squid button cause the noise is fun and not any kind of Big Own
The context is easy to infer.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

In Training posted:

It's because its just twitter integration so people post stupid crap for retweets...shameful really

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest Schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Xmas Sweaters vs Xmas Socks @ December 15th 21:00 PT / December 16th 00:00 ET / December 16th 16:00 AET

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

US/AU/NZ squidkids: Enlist with your fellow goons for Splatfest Teams. We need participants, so if playing solo is starting to taste stale, get in!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Why the hell would this be an Aus/NZ thing? It's one of the hottest summers on record!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Why the hell would this be an Aus/NZ thing? It's one of the hottest summers on record!

yeah the idea of wearing a sweater in this weather makes me want to pass out

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I learned today that charging down the length of Port Mackerel to get at stingrays being fired from the enemy base can work out pretty well. You probably need curling mines, though.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Dec 12, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Boo the first Clam Blitz rotation is at 11EST and I'm usually asleep by then on weekdays.

Looks like every other rotation is Clam Blitz on Wednesday nevermind!

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 12, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Volume 1 of the manga is out in the US today.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i am stoked to clam and i'll probably be extremely bad at it

Expect My Mom posted:

i was so close to a whole team kill and im mad
https://twitter.com/RosePrinceTrey/status/940419734415163392
i have redeemed myself

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Nintendo came out with a more detailed explanation of Clam Blitz.

Along with a video of it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LKSRz0y87Y

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's like kill confirmed plus basketball...pretty badass

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:siren:UPDATE IS LIVE!:siren:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry for the wall of text but I didn't see people post the change log, so, here it

quote:

Changes to Multiplayer
Clam Blitz will now appear in Ranked and League Battles. After you’ve played it once, it will also be selectable in Private Battles.
Fixed an issue in which a player submerged in a wall or a thin ground surface would take damage from the opposite side of the terrain.
Fixed an issue in which a player behind a Splash Wall or a launched Brella would take damage from the opposite side if the distance between the player and the Splash Wall or Brella was close.
Fixed an issue on Sturgeon Shipyard in which if a certain wall was hit with a bomb, ink would splash onto a nearby wall that players were occasionally unable to submerge into.
Fixed an issue in Splat Zones on Moray Towers in which the border indicating the Zone area was incorrect for part of the Zone.
Fixed an issue on Manta Maria in which, if a player did a Splashdown on a specific place, they would be treated as out of bounds after landing and be killed.
Fixed an issue in Turf War on Manta Maria in which the area beneath the thick pillars was inkable, and was counted as part of the turf.
Fixed an issue in Tower Control on Manta Maria in which players were able to jump from a high spot near the center of the stage to a part of the opponents’ base.
Fixed an issue on Snapper Canal in which bombs would disappear without exploding when coming into contact with certain walls.
Fixed an issue on Snapper Canal in which, depending on the mode, the area beneath obstacles placed near the center was inkable, was counted as part of the turf, and couldn’t be reclaimed in Splat Zones.
Fixed an issue on Blackbelly Skatepark in which players could jump higher than normal near the start point and go over certain obstacles.
Fixed an issue on Blackbelly Skatepark in which if a certain wall was hit with a bomb, ink would splash onto a nearby wall that players were occasionally unable to submerge into.
Fixed an issue in Tower Control on Blackbelly Skatepark in which players could climb over a wall not intended to be climbed over by jumping from the top of a tower at the right moment.
Fixed an issue on MakoMart in which if a certain wall was hit with a bomb, ink would splash onto a nearby wall that players were occasionally unable to submerge into.
Fixed an issue on MakoMart in which a certain railing could be seen through by pulling the camera close to it.
Slightly adjusted the tower path in Tower Control on MakoMart in order to fix a rare issue in which the player could be sandwiched between the tower and terrain, causing them to be pushed inside the terrain.
Fixed a rare issue in which, when the player does a Splashdown near a tower, they could pass through the terrain and fall out of the stage.
Fixed an issue in which, if the player closed their umbrella the moment that a bomb exploded, neither the umbrella nor the player would take damage.
Fixed a rare issue in which two Ink Storm clouds would be generated when a player directly hit a Splash Wall or Brella with an Ink Storm, depending on how it was hit.
Fixed an issue in which, when a player using the Inkjet touches water and is forcibly returned to their original place, they would be treated as if drowning and be killed, depending on the place.
Fixed an issue in which the camera would abruptly move if the player did a Splashdown near some fences in places like Kelp Dome.
Fixed an issue during Splatfests on some stages in which it was difficult to distinguish the color of ink due to in-stage lighting.
Specifications for some of the main weapons and specials have been changed. Click here for details
Specifications for the terrain or placement of objects in some stages have been changed. Click here for details
Changes to Salmon Run
Fixed an issue on Salmonid Smokeyard in which players could get sandwiched between the terrain and fences if they become a squid on top of certain fences that appear at low tide.
Fixed an issue in which, if one player disconnected immediately after putting a Golden Egg in the container, the total number of Golden Eggs would be tallied incorrectly on the remaining players’ screens.
Fixed an issue in which, when damage was done to a Scrapper with the explosion from defeating a Steelhead or bombs bounced back from a Drizzler, whether or not the Scrapper was defeated would be displayed inconsistently on the other players’ screens.
Fixed an issue in which, despite a Chinook holding a box was defeated, the box would still be displayed on other players’ screens, and Chums would appear from an invisible box.
Changes to Story Mode
Fixed an issue in which, if the player shot the Hero Splatling while jumping on a Ride Rail, the weapon would behave abnormally and prevent the player from attacking until becoming a squid.
Changes to Spectator Mode
Adjusted the order of display for the guide button for changing perspective and the mark indicating the player holding the Rainmaker.
Fixed an issue in which the color of Bravo team’s Ink Mines would show up as Alpha team’s color.
Fixed an issue in which the icon for Ink Mines wouldn’t show up properly when having switched between players.
When focused on a given player, their opponents’ signals (“C’mon!”, “Booyah!”, etc.) are no longer displayed.
Unified the direction of the top-down camera and turf map on Kelp Dome.
Adjusted the direction of the turf map on MakoMart to display the Alpha team’s start point on the left-hand side of the screen as like other maps.
Other Changes
Fixed an issue in which after repeatedly winning in League Battle or Splatfest Battle (team), players would occasionally be disconnected after the battle results are recorded and before proceeding to the next battle.
Fixed an issue in which, during Splatfests, Off the Hook would not move in the background after taking pictures with amiibo in places other than Inkopolis Square, and then returning to the Square.
Fixed an issue in which, if the player did a Splashdown in the test firing area, targets on the other side of terrain would also take damage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nothing really important, mainly bugfixes and such it seems.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

There were also balance patch changes.

One of which was a painting nerf for the Splat Brella.

2.0.0 on the left, 2.1.0 on the right:

...Which was almost nothing. Worst case scenario, you need to fire like 1 extra shot just to be able to have Ink Storm ready or something. Splat Brella isn't going anywhere (thankfully.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

New path for the tower on Humpback Pump Track:

This checkpoint placement looks a lot better than the old one. It was nearly impossible to defend the last point before.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
Clam Blitz in 10 minutes, get ready!

Also, I don't know if this was intentional, but a Flyfish decided to park its ink jet right on top of my landing beacon:
https://twitter.com/CollinearVertex/status/940790501254488065

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Flyfish aren't like the other Salmonids. They'll move to set spots instead of chasing after you. They'll always move to the same spots after spawning. Learning how a Flyfish moves can help prepare you in taking them down fast.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The day 1 ranked slaughterhouse begins.

https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/940798741371674625

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My primitive brain cannot do Clam Blitz :psyduck:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a really hosed up mode and I haven't won via KO yet but it's fun as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not really sure what the cushion numbers track in this one, or how they're affected by scoring. I'm talking about the +X penalties in Splat Zones, there's a similar number but I didn't really catch what was affecting it. I'm also not sure what ends overtime because I guess technically as long as there are 10 free clams or a football on the map it's possible for somebody to come back, and I've had a really long overtime that just kind of ended. So maybe it is the free clams?

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
Clam Blitz is pretty fun, and it'll only get better once everyone figures out how to play and matchmaking sorts itself out.

My observations:
- Your goal drops a football when it resets. Almost everyone I've played with seems to ignore it and they all scatter to collect clams instead. Don't forget to pick up that football!
- If no one has a football and you're close to the enemy goal, don't be afraid to throw your clams to the squid who has the most of them. Now you have a football!
- FOOTBALL!

In Training posted:

I'm not really sure what the cushion numbers track in this one, or how they're affected by scoring. I'm talking about the +X penalties in Splat Zones, there's a similar number but I didn't really catch what was affecting it. I'm also not sure what ends overtime because I guess technically as long as there are 10 free clams or a football on the map it's possible for somebody to come back, and I've had a really long overtime that just kind of ended. So maybe it is the free clams?
I could be wrong, but the penalty score is calculated based on how long a team has kept the goal open for (throwing clams into the goal keeps it open for a little longer). the longer you keep it open, the more your penalty score is.
Overtime occurs when there are dropped footballs on the field, so if you're winning prevent the enemy from picking it up until it destroys itself.

Owers fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 13, 2017

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

A quick tutorial on this new mode, or any ranked mode (for your first time) for that matter would be really welcome. I didn't know wtf was going on until my 4th game.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wow that took so long to get used to, playing it on Mussleforge felt like a killing field just for how deep in their territory it is. Def got into at the end tho. Having someone with three clams throw all theirs at you so you can have 10 and then all rushing for the goal feels really good.

Got stomped a lot but I assumed that's just because my teammates were even more new to it than I was. Four player league all voice chat would be super rad.

Owers posted:

Clam Blitz is pretty fun, and it'll only get better once everyone figures out how to play and matchmaking sorts itself out.

My observations:
- Your goal drops a football when it resets. Almost everyone I've played with seems to ignore it and they all scatter to collect clams instead. Don't forget to pick up that football!
this is a pro tip

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 13, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Clam Blitz is basically monkeys on type-writers doing things right now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Certain specials drop all of your clams btw. Ive seen it happen with Splashdown and Baller. It looked like Inkjet retained them

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Only Splashdown and Baller scatter your clams.

Been making use of this build for my N-Zap 85. Quick Respawn is actually still good in this game, even after the brutal nerfs it got. You can't do the Splatoon 1 thing of throwing bodies endlessly at the enemy team, but it's a great safety net when it activates. If there are no other abilities you want, it really can't hurt to have this on your gear. (also because all the other stackable abilities aren't too great at the moment.)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Night Blade posted:

A quick tutorial on this new mode, or any ranked mode (for your first time) for that matter would be really welcome. I didn't know wtf was going on until my 4th game.

There's actually an instruction manual in game for each ranked mode but it's easy to miss.

Played a couple of rounds of Clam Blitz, got a KO in my very first game then got destroyed in my second game. The passing mechanic is going to be my weak point since I can't aim for poo poo and I think the clam spawns are static rather than random.

Of course with how my schedule is tonight I get to miss every rotation of CB after work :negative:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/940777727950389248

Balance patch for weapons is coming in late January.

Also:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a good guide for ideal gear builds and the easiest way to get them?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Oh yeah I should watch Gremlins this season.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i think this is the first time i've sided with Marina for a splatfest, socks all the way

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How is Clam Blitz? Just read the description and it sounds pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Escobarbarian posted:

How is Clam Blitz? Just read the description and it sounds pretty cool.

Takes a while to understand but it’s really fun. It’ll be much more fun when you get into a full game of all people that understand it.