Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rexroom posted:

Japan's Nike-sponsored Splatfest ends with the popular side (which wasn't popular) winning 2 to 1.

Gotta love the classics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't approve of squid-bagging. C'mon, we're all here to have a good time

I report people that do it for more than like two hops, even if they're on my team.

Not in Salmon Run, though. It's a good post match celebration when its target is filthy salmonid AIs

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How do you report people? I’ve seen some kinda lovely stuff but assumed I had no recourse?

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

You need to use the Nintendo Switch app on your smartphone. You can view past matches there, including who played with you, and report them.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How do you report people? I’ve seen some kinda lovely stuff but assumed I had no recourse?

You can't in Salmon Run, sadly. Best you can do is block them in matchmaking I think.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

I normally don't squidbag unless one or more of the following things happen: someone squidbagged on me previously and I kill them, I do something impressive like a double kill, or I kill a charger user. gently caress chargers.

Here's a fun squidbag story. I was fighting a guy using a roller, swimming around in ink. I tossed an autobomb without he roller guy noticing, but he jumped out of the ink and flicked me to death. While he squidbagged me, the autobomb walked up to him and killed him. Welp that's my squidbag story, thanks for reading.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't approve of squid-bagging. C'mon, we're all here to have a good time

I don't see it happen much anymore, but I did run into a bagger one match a couple days ago and made it my personal mission to utterly dominate him and make an over the top squidbag show over it every time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squidbagging is illegal, but the jury is still out on Octobagging.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The French Army posted:

I normally don't squidbag unless one or more of the following things happen: someone squidbagged on me previously and I kill them, I do something impressive like a double kill, or I kill a charger user. gently caress chargers.

Here's a fun squidbag story. I was fighting a guy using a roller, swimming around in ink. I tossed an autobomb without he roller guy noticing, but he jumped out of the ink and flicked me to death. While he squidbagged me, the autobomb walked up to him and killed him. Welp that's my squidbag story, thanks for reading.

I've only done it a couple times, but there's nothing better than when someone splats you only to get splatted by a previously thrown curling bomb.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
It's called seabagging anyway.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I squidbag intensely after a good Salmon Run session. It's all about context.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

Leaf Lock posted:

Last time I checked it was squidbag. I can't keep up with you kids and your lingo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Salmon run squidbagging is good poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leaf Lock posted:

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Community_Glossary#Squidbagging

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just like pressing the trigger buttons and it makes a fun noise, I don't do it as an Own. I get around Inkopolis Square like that too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like taking the the ramp in squid form and saying You got like 3 feet of air on that one. to myself.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i do a stupid amount of """parkour""" challenges around the square if im waiting for my friends to gear up. jumping between the tables at the end is my fav.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
I didn't think squidbagging was rude, it just looked like they were excited

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Serenade posted:

I didn't think squidbagging was rude, it just looked like they were excited

Teabagging the remains of your fallen enemy is literally a war crime

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can you super jump from anywhere at any time or only from the spawn?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Can you super jump from anywhere at any time or only from the spawn?

Anywhere, anytime

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Teabagging the remains of your fallen enemy is literally a war crime

Yeah, but rapidly turning into a squid aint

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

okay, so am I seeing things or did this fucker just shrug off two blaster shots and then literally loving teleported to dodge a third

https://twitter.com/raditts/status/977968068407144449

I think it's time to put the game down for a bit

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Serenade posted:

Yeah, but rapidly turning into a squid aint

The fact that it is symbolic rather than literal is why it's "rude" rather than somehow illegal, yes. Well spotted.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

Antiquated since octolings are a thing now. Seabagbros vindicated.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

raditts posted:

okay, so am I seeing things or did this fucker just shrug off two blaster shots and then literally loving teleported to dodge a third

https://twitter.com/raditts/status/977968068407144449

I think it's time to put the game down for a bit

$20 a year! :laffo:

Though your 3rd shot appeared to miss entirely. Luna Blaster doesn't have a great range. Though even if your shot did hit, Splashdown provides invincibility frames from the apex of the jump to shortly after landing, so it wouldn't have hit them anyway.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

The Bloop posted:

The fact that it is symbolic rather than literal is why it's "rude" rather than somehow illegal, yes. Well spotted.

Well, more what I mean is that it did not resemble tea bagging to me until it was pointed out. Teabagging maps to a real world action obviously, jumping and turning into a squid and back does not.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Serenade posted:

Well, more what I mean is that it did not resemble tea bagging to me until it was pointed out. Teabagging maps to a real world action obviously, jumping and turning into a squid and back does not.

I'm just funnin' ya, but the reason people do it in any quantity in Splatoon is that it was already a thing in other shooters

Even so, partying over their body pile of clothes is generally seen as dickish regardless

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When you die in splatoon you get raptured

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In Training posted:

Salmon run squidbagging is good poo poo.

The proper way to celebrate winning salmon run is to jump into the water while spamming the squid button so you flop through the air and then kill yourself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bizarre deformity posted:

The proper way to celebrate winning salmon run is to jump into the water while spamming the squid button so you flop through the air and then kill yourself.

I was recently shown a good one by a guy who started every round by standing on the box before the net spawns and bouncing intho the air while spamming Booyah

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

I was recently shown a good one by a guy who started every round by standing on the box before the net spawns and bouncing intho the air while spamming Booyah
That's a selfish bad one because you should be out inking the ground and especially wall escape routes not dicking around on the box

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I finally unlocked ranked battles and that means I get to play....clam football??

e: should I be constantly buying and leveling gear so that I can collect patches?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Learn the power of the Clam Dunk.

And only worry about that if you really dig Ranked, and wait til like, level 20 at least to start worrying. If it's not your jam, just worry about being as Fresh as you can.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We should probably be getting a new stage in a week or so, or are they going to drop 3 new ones at once with the 3.0 update?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

In Training posted:

We should probably be getting a new stage in a week or so, or are they going to drop 3 new ones at once with the 3.0 update?

They've changed it a little. Now they're planning to release a new stage at the end of every month. Piranha Pit should come out this week, next month will be Camp Triggerfish. End of May will see the release of a brand new stage, Wahoo Park or what was it called? Anyway, it's set in a theme park.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

They've changed it a little. Now they're planning to release a new stage at the end of every month. Piranha Pit should come out this week, next month will be Camp Triggerfish. End of May will see the release of a brand new stage, Wahoo Park or what was it called? Anyway, it's set in a theme park.

Sweet, Piranha pit is cool and I'm really looking forward to CT.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

So there's this person on Etsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really wish they'd fix the Splashdown hitbox. I'm really tired of people surviving by being on a platform like half a foot higher from where I land