Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Tried out the motion controls and it feels pretty good. Mainly using it to move up and down the using the right stick to move left and right. Is that the best way or should I use it for L/R viewing?

Also, for those that use motion control, do you play in docked mode or undocked? Tried using motion control on undocked and the amount of times I’m moving the screen makes it difficult to see what I’m doing. Wondering if I should stick with sticks when mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Der-Wreck posted:

Tried out the motion controls and it feels pretty good. Mainly using it to move up and down the using the right stick to move left and right. Is that the best way or should I use it for L/R viewing?

Also, for those that use motion control, do you play in docked mode or undocked? Tried using motion control on undocked and the amount of times I’m moving the screen makes it difficult to see what I’m doing. Wondering if I should stick with sticks when mobile.

With motion controls, left and right with the stick is mostly for changing targets/directions; left and right with motion is for tracking a target.

I use motion controls in both situations (although I mostly use the pro controller anymore,) and if you're in handheld mode more sensitivity helps a lot. I cranked it up all the way.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Der-Wreck posted:

That’s the best way yeah. Only use L/R for extremely minor aiming changes.

I mostly play docked with the pro controller but try turning the sensitivity settings up for handheld if you find you’re moving the screen too much

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest Schedules :siren:

• JP Knight vs. Wizard @ March 16th 15:00 JT
  • US Knight vs. Wizard @ March 16th 21:00 PT
  • EU Knight vs. Wizard @ March 16th 13:00 CET
Splatfests last for 24 hours unless otherwise stated.

High fantasy Global Splatfest! Either play as elderberry-smelling knigits or over 30-year old virgins.

Squid Research Lab posted:

This Splatfest also has a fun feature – if you match your headgear and shoes with the ones from the Enchanted or Steel series, available through the Octoling Girl or Octoling Boy amiibo figures, the look of your Splatfest Tee will change to the clothes from each series during battles.

Please note the main gear ability of the clothes remains the same as the Splatfest Tee and is Ability Doubler.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 8, 2019

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Steel Greaves have Object Shredder and Steel Helm has Special Charge Up. Expect a lot of bubbles from that side. (And me, explosher + object shredder is my favorite gimmick)

Enchanted Boot and Hat have Run Speed and Ink Saver Main which are less gimmicky.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiirzOcH_0U

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serenade posted:

Steel Greaves have Object Shredder and Steel Helm has Special Charge Up. Expect a lot of bubbles from that side. (And me, explosher + object shredder is my favorite gimmick)

Enchanted Boot and Hat have Run Speed and Ink Saver Main which are less gimmicky.

Looks like I'm a wizard girl then. Witch.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
I’m liking the mechanic on this Splatfest’s Shifty Station.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Q0u2wupRo

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Day 1 of the Splatoon 2 European Championship is starting soon, where 16 teams from around the old continent will battle for the place in the finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-tDRtOezlY

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendouk

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

the best weapon i.e. the grizzco charger is back in salmon run mystery rotationnnn

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Soon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Dark Splatoon: Prepare To Splat looking good

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 12, 2019

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Dark Spaltoon: Prepare To Splat looking good

I'd play that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

come on

call it "Dark Shoals"

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008

Takoluka posted:

come on

call it "Dark Shoals"

:hmmyes:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Takoluka posted:

come on

call it "Dark Shoals"

That is much better

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

im waiting for Floodborne personally

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

All ChumSoftware games are good. I hope they release a new Albad Core.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

King Crab's Field

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

No wait... Metal Whelk Chaos

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Sekiro: Scallops Fry Twice

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Hope you enjoy the new thread title.

Looks like a hotfix is coming this Friday to amend the Clam Blitz Piranha Pit crash issue, just in time before the upcoming Splatfest.

Speaking of Splatfest, if you want company, check the Nintengoons discord for possible squid-panions.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Mar 14, 2019

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I'm new to this game kinda, what's the best kit for Turf War?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

prom candy posted:

Ink Storm/Missiles are common, but really just bring your main.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ink Storm/Missiles are common, but really just bring your main.

I don't have a main... been liking splattershot Jr and dualies, are those good?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

prom candy posted:

Whatever you like the most. There's no best, because you can be good at splatting or turfing, and either way, you're contributing.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

The object of the game is to have fun, use what’s fun.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

in Turf War painting is more important that splatting other players. So the Jr does really well. Dualies is good at both. the dedicated backline weapons usually suffer the most

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
The key to winning turf war is gaining map control and holding it. Taking too much turf is actually a bad thing because you give the enemy an easily accessible place to build their special and retake the map.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
https://twitter.com/SplatoonSRLab/status/1106369478600937473

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Leaf Lock posted:

The key to winning turf war is gaining map control and holding it. Taking too much turf is actually a bad thing because you give the enemy an easily accessible place to build their special and retake the map.

This, though watch your flanks and check for openings in theirs.

Ending Gambit is often a good ability for Turf War because the entire match is often decided in the final minute. Overextend and you might find that half your side of the map's been repainted while you were gone.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

splatoon lore continues to be extremely good

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
For whatever reason, Nintendo Versus has a much higher-res version.

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1106366905798090753

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lazlo Nibble posted:

For whatever reason, Nintendo Versus has a much higher-res version.

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1106366905798090753

Thank you

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

prom candy posted:

Turf is the only mode I care for and like what other people have said it can be super swingy so just focus on finding a weapon type that really clicks with you first. Once you find a weapon you like playing, clothing abilities you might want should come pretty naturally.

For specials, Ink Storm is a personal fav because you can use it for chip damage before engaging or just chuck it to get partial coverage in an area the other team already claimed and force them to re-ink it in order to swim through. Splashdown is really fun with a bit of Special Charge and a weapon that gets lots of coverage because in addition to using it to attack you can pretend it's a reload button and really go ham if no one's pestering you and still probably have it back up by the time you engage someone again. Missiles will rarely kill anyone not already busy dealing with something but are good at harassing the other team. Swim speed and ink saver main are my go-tos for abilities since they're always pretty useful but see what works for you.

Also if you ever hear people talking about "pures", or getting all three slots on a piece of equipment with the same ability, don't kill yourself worrying about it. The ability in the main slot on a piece of equipment has a way bigger effect than the same thing in the other few slots, and having two mains of an ability will still give you a noticable effect.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

For turf war I love either of the black umbrellas.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Squid Jumping into a losing firefight and using Splashdown never gets old.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Squid Jumping into a losing firefight and using Splashdown never gets old.

The only time I ever seem to remember I have the squidjump ability is when I've just respawned.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Note that Splashdown makes you reach your Squid Jump destination way faster, so even if your enemy guesses what you might be up to you can take them by surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cats
May 11, 2009
Squid jumping with Splashdown and Stealth Jump makes me feel like a kamikaze killing machine, nevermind that I still manage to get splatted half the time, but it's so much fun! My mind was also blown when I realized I could Splashdown at the end of a rail.

Hi thread. I got Splatoon 2 last summer, played for a very short while but couldn't really get into it. Picked it up again a couple weeks ago and now I can't put it down. I went from some level <10 to level 24 in 3 weeks, mostly through turf war. I'm still kinda nervous to try Ranked Battles just because I'm not a super competitive person when it comes to "sportsy"/fast paced stuff, and I wish there was some kind of tutorial mode for Ranked just so I could see the game layouts. I also finally started playing Salmon Run, after a very frustrating start I read up on some strategy and started having more fun and being a bit more successful. I still get overwhelmed somewhat often - like I said, I'm not great at fast-paced stuff plus I suuuuuuck at all other shooter games - but gradual improvement is still fun!

Welp that's my story! Kind of sad that it took me so long to get back into it, I'm sure there will be an active player base for a while but it does feel like it's ticking down to some kind of end, and that's kind of sad. I don't need to be having an existential crisis, I just want to splat things!

This is going to be my first Splatfest, pretty stoked for that. Anything I need to do to prepare? I have the shirt, I know about scrubbing it. It'll basically be turf war on a completely new stage, right? I don't have any irl friends who play other than my 9 year old nephew lol, I'll still be able to do matches with randoms, right?