Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm curious what the endgame of Splatoon 2 will look like, considering at this point in Splatoon 1's lifespan, Splatoon 2 was out in 8 weeks. They've packed a ton of post-release support into this version and have been really smart about the tweaks and tuning over time. I hope they add something to the progression or gear or rotations or something that at least acknowledges that you could keep playing this for a few more years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Pixeltendo posted:

Lame, how am I supposed to be up on the latest fashion trends when they're event exclusive.

You can get those specific gears if you see them being worn in the Square by running up to them and placing an order to Murch. That might not work for certain gears though, especially with stuff locked by amiibo.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Go into your Switch news feed. You can get ALL of that stuff by opening the game through the news entries that featured the gear. This includes Halloween, New Year's, Springfest, and whatever else. You're good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A lot of them fell off the news feed by now sadly

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

In Training posted:

A lot of them fell off the news feed by now sadly

It looks like all that's left in the news feed is Springfest, which sucks, because I just recently got the Halloween ones for a separate account. RIP.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/splatoonjp/status/1141904360001007616

Final Splatfest will have a special Shifty Station for the last 24 hours. Pearl's Killer Wail and Marina's Hyperbombs will be stage mechanics.

The first 48 hours will have 2 Shifty Stations per rotation. Schedule here:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1141905782243356673

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

24 hours of one map is so crazy lol.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

In Training posted:

24 hours of one map is so crazy lol.

If it wasn't for the two-hour rotations, that'd probably happen anyway with the way the map selection rng often rolls :v:.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1141999959182462976

100x battles are now 100 times more likely to appear throughout the entire Splatfest. If you haven't experienced one, this is your best and only time to get in one.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The english names of the shifty stations are riffs on YA novels.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonNews/status/1142149981413019648?s=19

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

The English localized versions of the Shifty Station names have been revealed. That's the Final shifty, here are the others:

Sadly, Thunderdome didn't make the cut.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why didn't they just keep Dear Senpai.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Who the hell thought referencing Flowers in the Attic was a good idea? I get that the pun is irresistible but “Flooders for Algernon” is right there.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

In Training posted:

Why didn't they just keep Dear Senpai.

Probably because that and all the rest of the Shifty Station names in Japan were a reference to a specific genre of manga. (Something about romance.) So they just changed them all to something that wouldn't be lost on international audiences to keep the intent.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

havent done a 999 in a while so i thought id freelance it last rotation

holding out hope that the devs add more stuff to salmon run if not in spla2 then maybe in spla3, itd be fun to have a leaderboard for each rotation (most power/golden eggs/points per player/shift, etc). some of the scores some squids can rack up is nuts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This was cool

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1142300434192691201

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Release all the splatfest shirts you cowards

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatocalypse Schedules :siren:

• US July 18th 5:00 PT - July 21st 5:00 PT
  • EU July 18th 14:00 CET - July 21st 14:00 CET
  • JP July 18th 21:00 JT - July 21st 21:00 JT
  • AU/NZ July 18th 22:00 AET - July 21st 22:00 AET
Since this is a super fresh once-in-a-lifetime global special event, Final Fest will last for 72 hours and starts world-wide at the same time.

Do you like Shifty Stations? No? Well too bad, because this time we're playing all past Shifty Stations in the first 48 hours in two-hour rotations. The last 24 hours will feature a Shifty Station specifically designed by Marina for this Splatfest. (Hmm, isn't that basically a home advantage?)

Don't forget to check the Splatoon news feed from which you can get free themed head gear.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Does anyone have a video of the splatfest reveal banter between Pearl and Marina for this splatfest? I'm not gonna have a chance to boot it up before the final splatfest.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gZMqP08DVY

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I get where Marina is coming from, but there's no way that doesn't read like the beginning of a misguided police state.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Regardless of anything if you choose Order you're a cop.

That's just how it is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You heard Pearl; Article 4 of Splatfest Law has been invoked, squidkids.

Let Order reign supreme forevermore :toughguy:.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I get where Marina is coming from, but there's no way that doesn't read like the beginning of a misguided police state.

While both "Order"" and "Chaos" can be spun as good or bad things, here both of them seem like "bad" ends, really, especially with the aesthetics of that gear up there (and the name of the weird glasses, "Hivemind Antenna"). I have a feeling that whoever wins this ends up as the villain (or at least a not-so-great) figure for the next game, with either Marina creating some tech-powered authoritarian dystopia or Pearl ruling a "classic" post-apocalyptic wasteland. Or at least, that's what this stuff seems intended to invoke; Pearl's unique outfit for this is also clear "evil queen" villain stuff, and Marina's isn't exactly heroic-looking either, even if it's not as overtly sinister.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jun 27, 2019

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I still prefer Mad Max to 1984.

The former still gives you some semblances of heroes and escape.

No one escapes the latter.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I still prefer Mad Max to 1984.

The former still gives you some semblances of heroes and escape.

No one escapes the latter.

"Order" seems more like it's going for cyberpunk dystopia or something to me, personally, and cyberpunk is all about resistance to that sort of thing. We'll see, I suppose.

Though, while I do dislike the "negative" Order world a whole lot, I actually have to disagree here regarding the optimism. In the horrible dystopia, the system is broken, sure, but that can theoretically be overthrown, taken down, reformed, etc. The problem is people, mostly, and you can do something about that.

In a Mad Max-style setting, the world is usually what's broken, and that's much, much harder to fix, if not outright impossible.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 27, 2019

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Funnily enough, the world that Inkopolis is set in is already broken because it is the result of mass extinction.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yep, and it took 12,000 years or so before that improved, if I recall correctly. Which is my point; an actual apocalypse, which is what Pearl's "Chaos" looks like, is a failure state for the world as far as almost any living thing on it, and any of their descendants for generations at least, would be concerned. By the time things get better, the current "story" will be long over.

Also, Chaos probably means bad things for Judd, because while Judd is a professional and thus remains neutral, Li'l Judd, vicious demon and pro-Bad Guy monster that he is, is explicitly pro-Chaos and probably sees it as an opportunity to take over.

Though, assuming work on Splatoon 3 is already in progress and thus assets are being made as we speak, and that the outcome of this will affect that game in a major way, I can see both sides ending up existing either way; regardless of who wins here, you'll have a bunch of post-apocalyptic Mad Max-style raiders in a wasteland versus a high-tech and organized city or group, and whoever wins here is just the more powerful of the two. If Chaos wins, most of the world is a might-makes-right hellscape and Marina's cyber-squad ends up trying to bring civilization and stability back to it, while if Order wins the technocracy ascends and rules Inkopolis with a literal iron fist while Pearl leads the considerably lower-tech resistance against it. Or maybe vice versa and the loser ends up being the villains threatening an actually "good" world made by the winner (totalitarian cyber army imposing itself on the freedom of the Chaos world or destructive raiders tearing down a peaceful and prosperous Order world), but I'm leaning a bit more towards the former being how it works out.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 27, 2019

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I don't want Pearl and Marina to fight

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Roland Jones posted:

Though, assuming work on Splatoon 3 is already in progress and thus assets are being made as we speak, and that the outcome of this will affect that game in a major way, I can see both sides ending up existing either way; regardless of who wins here, you'll have a bunch of post-apocalyptic Mad Max-style raiders in a wasteland versus a high-tech and organized city or group, and whoever wins here is just the more powerful of the two. If Chaos wins, most of the world is a might-makes-right hellscape and Marina's cyber-squad ends up trying to bring civilization and stability back to it, while if Order wins the technocracy ascends and rules Inkopolis with a literal iron fist while Pearl leads the considerably lower-tech resistance against it. Or maybe vice versa and the loser ends up being the villains threatening an actually "good" world made by the winner (totalitarian cyber army imposing itself on the freedom of the Chaos world or destructive raiders tearing down a peaceful and prosperous Order world), but I'm leaning a bit more towards the former being how it works out.

I think it's pretty safe to say it's gonna feed into Splatoon 3, considering that's what happened for the first game's final Splatfest.

Fuckin' Marie fans :argh:.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think it's pretty safe to say it's gonna feed into Splatoon 3, considering that's what happened for the first game's final Splatfest.

Fuckin' Marie fans :argh:.

Yeah, looking at my post again I didn't imply that I think what I said there was the likely case as much as I meant to, so to clarify, I think we're definitely influencing the next game with the outcome of the Splatocalypse, and I think that the game is already having work done on it, so regardless of how this turns out, there will be characters and areas reflecting both sides here in it. The Fest will determine which "world" is the dominant one, but I really think that both "factions" will exist in some form either way, with this determining their particular story relevance and power and such.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1144228891256655873

Final Fest t-shirts! In North America! And hopefully in Europe as well.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

because while Judd is a professional and thus remains neutral

Recall the relationship chart that turned up. Judd wants to eat everyone. Lil' Judd is driven by inferiority. "I've known from the moment of my birth that I'm a copy of you. How can you understand my feelings?!"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bloodly posted:

Recall the relationship chart that turned up. Judd wants to eat everyone.

Ahahaha, what. That's amazing. Though looking that up, Li'l Judd wants to eat everyone too, or at least Crusty Sean, so. I guess the cats think that all the aquatic beings look tasty.

https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/1106366905798090753

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I understand why they swapped to young adult novel references for English. I'll miss "Dear Sempai", but I've never heard of most of the works referenced in the Japanese names.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

golden bubble posted:

I understand why they swapped to young adult novel references for English. I'll miss "Dear Sempai", but I've never heard of most of the works referenced in the Japanese names.

There's nothing really lost. It's the same basic premise just with localized references.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Europe is also getting the Final Fest t-shirts. Apparently they come with DLC codes for in-game content.

There's also physical My Nintendo awards, namely Splatoon 2 posters. Finally something for your platinum coins.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Europe is also getting the Final Fest t-shirts. Apparently they come with DLC codes for in-game content.

There's also physical My Nintendo awards, namely Splatoon 2 posters. Finally something for your platinum coins.

Cant find em, Are the posters eu only?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cant find em, Are the posters eu only?

Currently, but I'm sure they're gonna put that out on your side of the pond also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So Chaos v. Order is going to take us to the Splatoon 3 announcement right?