Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It's shiny.

edit: not the most ideal snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/SpraylanS/status/1151835370100682753?s=19

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I like to think that my teams are trying hard.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is the Octo Expansion worth it

Definitely. Best single player campaign for the whole series.

Squidder
Mar 19, 2003

King of the Cat Tree

Oven Wrangler
I just got a 100x battle for the first time ever and won!

:feelsgood:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
10 game loss streak. Now i remember why i stopped playing. I suck.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

BrightWing posted:

10 game loss streak. Now i remember why i stopped playing. I suck.

You're getting over 500 ink right? Because that makes you better than a lot of players.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

You're getting over 500 ink right? Because that makes you better than a lot of players.

Does not make me any good. I finally got a win so i logged while I was ahead.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

BrightWing posted:

Does not make me any good. I finally got a win so i logged while I was ahead.

Sometimes it helps if I take a short break after a losing streak

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I was doing pretty well, but then I lost a 10x battle :negative:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
From what I hear, if you're playing solo, then you should play Pro mode, not Normal, even if not especially if you're not very good, counterintuitive as that may seem; Normal mode lets you form teams with friends and stuff, so there's a good chance of going up against people who are coordinating in it, while you and your team can't do the same.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 19, 2019

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
When I’m on a losing streak I like to take a break and listen to “Losing Streak” by less than jake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cocoa Crispies posted:

When I’m on a losing streak I like to take a break and listen to “Losing Streak” by less than jake.

I like to cool off by kicking my foot 5 inches into drywall and screaming

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

From what I hear, if you're playing solo, then you should play Pro mode, not Normal, even if not especially if you're not very good, counterintuitive as that may seem; Normal mode lets you form teams with friends and stuff, so there's a good chance of going up against people who are coordinating in it, while you and your team can't do the same.

Im pretty sure the game finds pairs of 2 on both sides instead of it being team, solo, solo kind of matchmaking

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Chaos is the natural state of the universe. To try and force some type of order upon any portion of it is temporary at best that will inevitably end in abject failure. Awaken to your own feeble attempts and become one with the true nature of the universe. Embrace Chaos

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I like to cool off by kicking my foot 5 inches into drywall and screaming

Rather than give this a shot, I hung it up after a couple games. Maybe I will hook up the dock and make an effort over the weekend, but I can't play this game in portable mode.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Hey this game is fun why haven’t I played it in like six months?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
On top of having extra long shifts at work during the splatfest, I will spend a night or more at a cousin's place For Reasons. At leadt I scored a couple wins for Chaos in the morning..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

On top of having extra long shifts at work during the splatfest, I will spend a night or more at a cousin's place For Reasons. At leadt I scored a couple wins for Chaos in the morning..

I have to work this weekend too but thankfully the 72 hours is more than enough time to squeeze in matches here and there. The Sunday Shifty marathon is gonna be sick.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I’m remembering how much I suck at this game. Last time I played I was on Team Guac for whatever splatfest that was

Edit:
Why did I even bother, went 1-8 tonight

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 19, 2019

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

In Training posted:

I have to work this weekend too but thankfully the 72 hours is more than enough time to squeeze in matches here and there. The Sunday Shifty marathon is gonna be sick.

🚨🚨 the last day is saturday 🚨🚨, as I must keep reminding myself

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

pokeyman posted:

Hey this game is fun why haven’t I played it in like six months?

Too many loving games on Switch.:smith:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Alright, its really just my aim is atrocious. I can't hit squid kids 2 feet away from me with my preferred Splattershot Jr cause its the only weapon Im decent with (and the super lets me ink a ton of free turf in turf war). Im using motion controls but seriously thinking about just trying out normal controls.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Where do you get the nice hats at. I joined Order for the goddamn hat!!!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

On the switch news bulletin.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Had a teammate drop in the first 30 seconds, won anyways. :getin:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Tfw you lose 77 to 12

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I won my first six games yesterday then went 1-6. Welp,

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Less than 24 hours until the Final Shifty Station comes into rotation.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I guess put me down as a filthy dirty blaster user, cause Range Blaster is the only thing i can get work done on.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

BrightWing posted:

Alright, its really just my aim is atrocious. I can't hit squid kids 2 feet away from me with my preferred Splattershot Jr cause its the only weapon Im decent with (and the super lets me ink a ton of free turf in turf war). Im using motion controls but seriously thinking about just trying out normal controls.

If I’m using a Jr I try to pop up as close as possible, the shots disperse too much so any distance at all is going to put you at more of a disadvantage. If you want a similar weapon that you try and aim to kill use the N zap.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

BrightWing posted:

I guess put me down as a filthy dirty blaster user, cause Range Blaster is the only thing i can get work done on.

Have you tried the clash blaster? It wrecks splashdowns.

the kentucky quid posted:

If I’m using a Jr I try to pop up as close as possible, the shots disperse too much so any distance at all is going to put you at more of a disadvantage. If you want a similar weapon that you try and aim to kill use the N zap.

N zap is great.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The funny thing about Splattershot Jr is nearly everyone underestimates it because it’s the starting weapon but it’s super good as a high mobility pop and run gun and since so few people use it because it’s just the starting weapon people usually have no idea how to handle going against that style of play

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
That’s one of my favourite decisions in the Splatoons, giving you a perfectly useful weapon at the start. And it only works against people who are used to other games where you want to upgrade asap. If Splatoon is the first game you’ve ever played you probably wouldn’t assume the Splattershot Jr. is garbage?

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

I’m getting constant communication errors. Is anyone else having similar problems?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1152243010991771648

Final Fest t-shirts are available for pre-order for Europeans.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1152245777768599559

The poster set is also available.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Kind of bummed they went with the most boring option of the 7/11 exclusive gear being the merch game tie in.

White eminence set for Order, Mecha set from last years CoroCoro contest for Chaos would have been cooler and a better fit.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The funny thing about Splattershot Jr is nearly everyone underestimates it because it’s the starting weapon but it’s super good as a high mobility pop and run gun and since so few people use it because it’s just the starting weapon people usually have no idea how to handle going against that style of play

Not only is it a good starter weapon, but they all have good ink spread and supers. Ink armor, ink storm, and bubble blower are all great supers to have often.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1152243010991771648

Final Fest t-shirts are available for pre-order for Europeans.

I kinda want to get the shirt, but I'm in one of the countries where they charge £17 for shipping and £42 for a t-shirt is just too much.

And apparently you can't buy both shirts in a single order, so if you want both you're paying for shipping twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

I've had one teammate drop before the match begins for the last 15 matches. :11tea: