Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ziddar posted:

I've had one teammate drop before the match begins for the last 15 matches. :11tea:

ULTIMATE CHAOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Dr. VooDoo posted:

ULTIMATE CHAOS

Well, appropriate for the team I picked. Also, is it just me or is it sometime hard to distinguish between uninked land and the gold chaos ink on the map overlay? There's been a few matches where huge chunks of our side of the map no one bothered to ink and I can kinda see why.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

It is not just you. I find it difficult to tell sometimes even while I am looking at the ground and inking turf.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
This technique blew me away:

https://mm.bonzoesc.net/media_attachments/files/000/340/704/original/8f32bc382239d6ef.mp4

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Have you tried the clash blaster? It wrecks splashdowns.

I'm only level 16 so it's a ways off for me.

Also I apologize for being such a downer. Playing this again has me asking why I ever stopped, it's so freaking fun. But I suck and get easily discouraged. I'm just a weirdo who can't handle losing.

E: I took the advice I'd the goon who said play pro, and it has gone better. Ranked 1725 after everything.

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 19, 2019

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Pro seems to figure out how good you are and put you in games at your level. I wish there was ranked turf war all the time.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BrightWing posted:

Alright, its really just my aim is atrocious. I can't hit squid kids 2 feet away from me with my preferred Splattershot Jr cause its the only weapon Im decent with (and the super lets me ink a ton of free turf in turf war). Im using motion controls but seriously thinking about just trying out normal controls.

It may be short range, and you'll feel like you may be out-ranged a bit too often, but the Tri-slosher doesn't require much aim thanks to its massive spread. I highly recommend it.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Just a reminder to all the squid kids revisiting the game, the discord has some pretty active players, and all of my best times with the game have been with other goons there.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Amppelix posted:

On the switch news bulletin.

I'm... not seeing it :smith:

I've never touched the app and most stuff just says "buy splatoon 2" or "It's coming!"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Not the app, the actual news feed on the Switch

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

YggiDee posted:

Not the app, the actual news feed on the Switch
Oh gotcha

I didn't actually use that much either :sweatdrop:

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS
Open the news app from the Switch main menu, press + to go to the find channels page, scroll down the list until you find the Squid Research Lab, go down the list of news articles they have to find the chaos/order gear.
You might still be able to get the spring fest gear as well

Hope that helped

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, they're led by a spoiled rich person who inherited everything, they want to deregulate everything, and they cover loving everything in tacky gold. Chaos really is Team Trump.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Roland Jones posted:

So, they're led by a spoiled rich person who inherited everything, they want to deregulate everything, and they cover loving everything in tacky gold. Chaos really is Team Trump.

Maybe the octos should go back to where they came from if they don't like Inkopolis :sad:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

Maybe the octos should go back to where they came from if they don't like Inkopolis :sad:

Splatoon 3 won't have playable Octolings because of Pearl "Making Inkopolis Great Again".

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Roland Jones posted:

Splatoon 3 won't have playable Octolings because of Pearl "Making Inkopolis Great Again".

Don't bring actual terrible real things into this :smith:.

Also, yesterday I was getting a variety of Off the Hook and Squid Sisters songs. Today it's been literally nothing but Spicy Calamari Inkantation. It's cool and all, but variety is good!

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

BrightWing posted:

I guess put me down as a filthy dirty blaster user, cause Range Blaster is the only thing i can get work done on.

I've been sticking with the Rapid Blaster because the little blips between shots are just long enough for me to readjust my terrible controller aim, and the range is just long enough to hit squids one platform up on most maps.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ziddar posted:

Now I kind of feel bad. At the same time I still want to make a "golden showers" joke involving Chaos and Ink Storm as well.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I really like N zap too. I think i just like things that let me keep my opponent at arms length.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

God dammit, finally something good in the My Nintendo rewards and it's not available for Australians :negative:.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It may be short range, and you'll feel like you may be out-ranged a bit too often, but the Tri-slosher doesn't require much aim thanks to its massive spread. I highly recommend it.

Seconding the Tri-Slosh is wonderful and awesome and anyone who hates it is a coward.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Ziddar posted:

Also, yesterday I was getting a variety of Off the Hook and Squid Sisters songs. Today it's been literally nothing but Spicy Calamari Inkantation. It's cool and all, but variety is good!

There's a schedule for the songs. It'll change again for the last 24 hours. It was like that in 1 where Calamari Inkantation played for the final 24 hours of the Splatfest.

Also if you're getting sick of one song, be glad you weren't around for Splatoon 1's Splatfests.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 20, 2019

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Is it just me or is the "Now or Never" a slightly different mix this time around?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I think my W/L is still under 50% but I won both of the 10x games I was placed in so I think it evened out. :unsmith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The thought occurs that Silver really should've been the Chaos colour rather than Gold. if only so their defeat can be WITNESSED! :mediocre:

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Is it just me or is the "Now or Never" a slightly different mix this time around?

It is. Though I'm kinda getting sick of that Calamari Inkantation remix being the only BGM track playing.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Oh wow, two x100 battles in a row. And we won them both.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Oh wow, two x100 battles in a row. And we won them both.

Nice

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Apparently it's from one of the concerts.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It is. Though I'm kinda getting sick of that Calamari Inkantation remix being the only BGM track playing.

Don't worry. On day 3 you won't be getting sick of it. Instead you'll be getting sick of Fly Octo Fly.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Appreciate your repeative splatfest music cause it's gonna be a while before it happens again!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

God dammit, finally something good in the My Nintendo rewards and it's not available for Australians :negative:.

You have answered my question, thank you.

:negative:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Araxxor posted:

Apparently it's from one of the concerts.

Don't worry. On day 3 you won't be getting sick of it. Instead you'll be getting sick of Fly Octo Fly.

I was hoping they'd play that :allears:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In a same team match this time around, the regular color ink they give you still has that sparkly shiny effect the gold/silver ink has. It's neat.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Are the x100 games only in pro mode or whatever it’s called?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Are the x100 games only in pro mode or whatever it’s called?

They're in both. Since they're assigned randomly, chances are you might miss them all. That said, Nintendo raised the odds of getting a 100x battle for Final Fest, so carry on turfing.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

5 more minutes until the last new stage of Splatoon 2 is up and available.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I would be ok with Seafoam Shanty on repeat.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

pokeyman posted:

I would be ok with Seafoam Shanty on repeat.

gently caress yeah, Bottom Feeders rule :rock:.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Agreed, they're fantastic. Or Chirpy Chips.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ziddar posted:

Today it looks like it's all Fly Octo Fly and I am free HERE for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What’s the gimmick of the final shifty station?!?