Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am terrible with the charger weapons, and the octopus snipers gently caress my poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Black Stones posted:

So I'm wondering because it's not in the OP, but is league battle the only to play consistently with a friend on a team? You can't team up for turf battles, right?

You can't and it's the goddamn worst loving thing :(

I know I keep complaining (to counteract I will say I loving LOVE THIS GAME and I'm level 12 already and just played my first Salmon Run games while voice chatting with the app and it was a blast and I adore Splatoon 2 ughhhh) but it really is so disappointing. I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to team up with your friends and go into turf war together. It's something every single goddamn person wanted.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Escobarbarian posted:

I know I keep complaining (to counteract I will say I loving LOVE THIS GAME and I'm level 12 already and just played my first Salmon Run games while voice chatting with the app and it was a blast and I adore Splatoon 2 ughhhh) but it really is so disappointing. I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to team up with your friends and go into turf war together. It's something every single goddamn person wanted.

I have to imagine this has something to do with nintendo wanting turf war to be the most casual friendly mode, not that I agree with it.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Daaamn I don't know what they did to the rapid blaster, but the weapon (along with its loadout) is obscene.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm feeling pretty good about that amiibo purchase.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone figured out yet if the two different colors of the Splat 1 amiibo give different things?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
How do you actually acquire the hero weapons in multiplayer? I've beaten every level with the Hero Shot, but the replica isn't in my inventory and I don't know how to get it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Bloop posted:

has anyone figured out yet if the two different colors of the Splat 1 amiibo give different things?

I tested it, they do not. Recolor Splatoon 1 amiibo give the same stuff as normal Splatoon 1 amiibo.

Callie and Marie do each give different gear though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Bloop posted:

I've gotten the school uniform and the hair clip from the green haired girl amiibo.

Edit: ^Mystery solved!

Zoran posted:

How do you actually acquire the hero weapons in multiplayer? I've beaten every level with the Hero Shot, but the replica isn't in my inventory and I don't know how to get it.

Maybe it shows up at Sheldon's shop? I read a guide that said he should tell you when the research is complete.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Were there any xp bonuses during splatfest? Debating if I should save my food tickets for those if there are

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Got to Profreshenal and joined a lobby with a few friends. Feels good getting mad respect for soloing double grillers on high tide :cool:

I doubt I will ever do that again.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Escobarbarian posted:

You can go into turf war together and sometimes you play together and sometimes you play against each other. I think that's cool and good?

If you want to play together as a pro team you can play league...

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

i know its disappointing, but i feel its the right way to go about it because a team thats even remotely coordinated is going to stomp a team of randos. im still getting vietnam-style flashbacks from playing overwatch in quickplay as a master-level solo queuer against the 6-stack grandmaster death squad (aussie players you know which 6-stack it is, cod drat pepperpig)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tomorrow at 4pm CST, who wants to do some Salmon Run for a couple of hours.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Ink Brush drops in about 10 minutes.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Maybe it shows up at Sheldon's shop? I read a guide that said he should tell you when the research is complete.

That was it. The hero weapons are cheaper than their regular counterparts, so that's nice.

Smiles posted:

cod drat pepperpig

cod clam

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

They could match sets with similar sets but then you have to try to match levels/ranks also and weapons. At that point it could get restrictive and we don't want to go back to worldwide matching.

That all said it probably would work fine and yeah turf war is super casual central, ranked is hardcore compared to that far as the kinds of players you find.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
As a solo-queuer who hates voice chat, this game is perfect for me

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Inkbrush is live.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I don't remember Callie and Marie announcing new weapons on Squid Sisters, that was neat that Pearl and Marina did

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

drat guys no need to stomp on the little crabguy on live television

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
In Salmon Run I have trouble with ink management. I don't have enough ink to throw a bomb when I need it because I've been shooting all the little salmon, and the flying missile guy is the worst boss because I keep getting cut off when I run from the missiles

I expected a reward for getting all the collectibles in singleplayer, does the book actually do anything?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

The P90 looks kickass.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why aren't more people talking about Squid Beatz 2

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

drat guys no need to stomp on the little crabguy on live television

Whelp 7 splats and 967 territory covered and the next highest on my team had 3 and 643. Wish it had wall running though!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zoran posted:

The P90 looks kickass.

Now I'm curious if you can get the hero brella in multiplayer even though they said it's not available yet

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm killing people pretty decently with the inkbrush, the lack of lagged out Japanese players makes a huge difference.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The inkbrush is all about living on the edge and winning fights you shouldn't win through sheer force of will and mashing. It's good and fun.

I'm sad it hasn't got the sprinkler this time. What's up with that? I guess they didn't like the balance of that combination? I still hope a brush variant will come along that has one.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Zoran posted:

The P90 looks kickass.

Addendum: it also does kick rear end, especially when you're put in a lobby with like five rollers and ink brushes, all of whom know no tactics other than charging straight at the enemy.

Splashdown is one of the more effective specials.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what differentiates the ink brush from the octo brush?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lakbay posted:

As a solo-queuer who hates voice chat, this game is perfect for me

Yeah same. Also while I wish there was a Turf War teams only mode, I'm so glad it's 100% solo players. Getting rolled by clans is never fun.

Game is so good.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

Having just used them in the testing range: ink brush swings faster, octo brush does 40 damage instead of 30. I think the ink brush kills faster from full health.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The first slosher that unlocks is perfect for me. Tenta missles and suction bomb are both good. I might end up just using this unless the one at 15 has curling bomb or something. I really like the tenta missles.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Futaba Anzu posted:

Inkbrush is weaker but swings faster. It's more of a melee assassination tool - come up behind someone, mash the hell out of ZR then dash away. The inkbrush is also faster when it comes to its paint dash, it's very easy to just bug out with it. I think the inkbrush maybe paints a bit more as well?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mr. Grizz please I'm too young to die

MR. GRIZZ PLEASE

Yes that is 3 steel eels clipping through each other and he did dock my pay for losing :saddowns:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Oh my god, (final boss rematch) Callie's so dumb I love it

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Internet Kraken posted:

Mr. Grizz please I'm too young to die

MR. GRIZZ PLEASE

Yes that is 3 steel eels clipping through each other and he did dock my pay for losing :saddowns:

Why not use the splash down in that situation?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Lakbay posted:

Now I'm curious if you can get the hero brella in multiplayer even though they said it's not available yet

I just read that someone bothered to play through all the levels with the brella and you can't use it in MP yet

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Salmon Run Protip: During the countdown for a wave, the UI shows you the tide level. If it is at the bottom of the screen, go to the beach and start laying down some freakin' ink. I don't know how many times I see people just run off in the other direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Why not use the splash down in that situation?

Because there was a maws right under me that kept showing up every time I got in position to hit the drivers with it. Maws will happily jump high enough to snap you out of a splash down.