Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Will be there more pants options in the full game? I know splatoon 1 only had those bike shorts and 1 hair style for each gender but in a game that sorta revolves around fashion it's weird for there only to be the tights for the girl inkling, and the awful shorts over tights for the boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is a pair of jeans too much to ask for

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Forcing it into an isolated window actually gets a large-sized population simultaneously

I'm guessing this is why Salmon Run is only available at limited times so they don't split the matchmaking queue

and/or people will get bored quick since there's only one stage at the moment

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Overbite posted:

While I'm bummed about not being able to matchmake into salmon run at will as long as we can make online groups and play it that way then that's fine I guess.

You can matchmake into salmon run (unless I watched the video wrong), it's just that it's only at certain times

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Have they explained how you get meal and drink tickets?

I'm worried because they look like microtransactions you see in skinner box phone games

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Will I have to buy the dumb headset if I want to play with goons

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm the pubby/rando that doesn't talk and plays poorly while getting destroyed by pre-made goon groups using discord

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Can you replay the tutorial if you delete the splatfest app on your Switch? I want to adjust sensivity and try out pro vs split joycons before saturday

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I feel like frozen yogurt is more popular now. I constantly see those places more packed vs. ice cream shops.

At least in my city, the frozen yogurt fad has given way to rolled ice cream

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think I'm going to use split joycons since only the right joycon controls the motion controls and it reminds me of a wiimote + nunchuck

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

pixaal posted:

Would be nice if we get to take our character from the demo into retail as a bonus.

I thought that was the case since we have to customize a character for the splatfest demo

I missed the testfires earlier in the year because I didn't have a Switch yet, did you have Inkopolis Square access then?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I can't view tumblr at work but didn't the direct say that you could play with your friends in splatfest turf wars even if they're on the other side of the splatfest?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

People love plain ice cream but how many people like plain white cake with no frosting?

Me

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It is a bit unfair to team cake that this splatfest is in the middle of summer for temperate countries and people have an inclination for ice cream with how hot the weather is

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm team cake but I'm probably going to really bad at the game so RIP team cake

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

The Brella isn't gonna be around on day 1, and will come in a future update. I was really looking forward to going Mary Poppins on some squids but I guess I'll wait.

"It appears this weapon type will be ready for Turf War battles in an update after the game launches."

Can't use in rank mode or salmon run??

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I didn't know it was so easy to make an account in a different region, time to lag up some EU matches

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The motion controls are making my brain hurt, especially since there was vertical Y stick adjustment in BotW

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nothing stopping you from switching to plain old thumbstick controls in the options.

I wanna try to git gud

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I only bummed splatoon 1 off my wii-u having friend and I forgot how hard it is to make a comeback on Moray Towers if you're getting owned early on

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

The Deleter posted:

I had a bunch of Ice Cream v Ice Cream matches and also I was bad. Need to fiddle with that sensitivity a bit maybe - I need to react to stuff faster and keep a better distance.

My problem is when I need to turn 90 or 180 degrees horizontally quickly, and even at the most sensitive setting motion control setting you can't look left or right super quick and I haven't found a Y stick sensitivity I like yet.

Going to try divided joy cons for the US splatfest

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

DalaranJ posted:

The motion is all in the Joycon R.

It's my favorite setup.

It's my favorite setup right now but it's destroying my right wrist because my hands are too big or something

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Frankston posted:

Are motion controls really the optimal way to play? I cannot stand motion controls in any way whatsoever.

it's the most optimal but it's definitely not the most comfortable

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

God dammit game, stop giving us Moray Towers. That's the fifth round in a row now! :argh:

I had like 10 straight games of humpback but that's okay because i don't like Moray

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dugong posted:

I'm blaming US Cake for letting the team down

I'm blaming it being the middle of summer and global warming and ofc people are going to pick ice cream

I didn't break 1600 rating or whatever, please carry me 2000+ goons

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Scholtz posted:

I VA'd the titular line in Splatoon 2's single player campaign.

If it's good, you'll be remembered as an internet meme

If it's really bad, you'll be remembered as an internet meme

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

deadly_pudding posted:

I'll give that a try, thanks.

My Switch didn't work for online play until I put it into the DMZ, now I only get a disconnect here and there but I wonder if I should just buy a better router

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Did they say if you have to reach level 10 to unlock Ranked Battles like in splat1? I don't plan playing turf war at all unless it's a splatfest

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Splatoon 2 is my most anticipated game of 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I downloaded the Best Buy phone app just so I could check my spla2n order status every 2 hours, it's at "preparing"

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Nephzinho posted:

How does a download "prepare"?

I got physical because there's no gcu discount for digital

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I already saw a blurry phone pic of the final boss(?) too late

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Pearl will grow bangs in an update to spite the fan artists

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Gosh I'm just leaving work early.

Me too. Best Buy said my order just shipped so I hope there's a freak shipping miracle and I get it early

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Matches are only 3 minutes long...truly a poop break game

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
^^^^There's a Target credit card ad in that pic

Kinda wanna check if my target has it now but my game is already shipped

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Gimbal lock posted:

No big deal. it'll become available online in a day and then you'll have the game forever. 23 hours won't kill ya

What if it does???

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is all the lower level stuff just from splatoon 1? I recognize these weapons you guys are mentioning. What % of the arsenal is from the first game?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Is there no "both are disgusting" choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Hypocritically, I actually like fry sauce but when they're separate I try to avoid both of them