Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm having trouble super jumping. I utilized it a lot during Splatfest, but now in the full actual game, its just not doing anything at all anymore. Any tips? Is it something that I need to unlock or something? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Splatoon 2: Why play new maps when you can play Moray Towers in every rotation?

I just played literally 10 matches in a row at Starfish Mainstage. I forgot Moray Towers was in this rotation.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
drat I just invited my brother over to play, this better not be prolonged.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Gimbal lock posted:

Trinexx posted https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp in the Discord.
The timing's early, but there's a 5 hour maintenance supposed to happen tonight anyway. Maybe they started early.

That link says everything is back up and running though. I'm still getting connecting.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Now it's actually loading the multiplayer lounge but erroring out when you try to join a match

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Guys is this good or no?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

Aerospray is good in Turf Wars, but it's really not that great in ranked. Its killing power is really low, and killing is far more helpful in ranked. The N-Zap 85 pretty much outclasses it there.

I mean I get what both you and the other guy are saying but there's 4 guys to a team here. What are the odds.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Man, the 50 GAL is savage but its sub sucks. Which makes it not an ideal weapon in Splat Zones. If it had some kind of bomb as a sub it would be even more savage.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I realize I'm a filthy animal for taking a picture of my tv screen but until transferring screenshots off the Switch doesn't involve social media, this is how I'm rolling.

This is the absolute closest Turf War I've ever seen:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Frankston posted:

I like it when I ink a path to the enemy point in rainmaker, and the enemy team just ignores it so when we get the rainmaker it's just a straight route there :)

Yeah I do this a lot while a big firefight is going on over the rainmaker itself and the other team is distracted. Then later on if it hasn't been touched I can just grab the Rainmaker and make a run for it along a path that only I really know is there.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I love when people say the sloshers are close ranged weapons.

They have the same range as the repeater and dualies

Yeah I mean the sloshers aren't super precise but they don't need to be. If you have the high ground AND a slosher, it's deadly.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
What is the "Power Level" or whatever at the bottom of the screen before Ranked Battles?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

In Training posted:

The results screen in ranked isn't organize in any order at all

It took me like a week to realize this. I was very confused for awhile.

Another one I can't figure out the answer to.....how does the + time under the main time get calculated in Splat Zones?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

The final boss is a giant octopus DJ, which ironically enough, is the same final boss as Splatoon 1.

Just a reminder that nobody played Splatoon 1 because nobody bought a Wii U.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Some maps are too small for Rainmaker.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

In Training posted:

The reef is my favorite level

It's ok. But it's terrible for Rainmaker.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Invisibility? More like invincibility!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Phone posted:

You can't scrub items during the splatfest?

He's out in the middle of the square watching the concert

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Shifty station is good.

And are the teams evenly matched this time? Have yet to play Flight vs Flight in 45 minutes.

I played Invisibility vs Invisibility once already.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I think the most infuriating thing in this game is when the Tower is on an incline in Tower Control. Drives me insane. Musselforge Fitness is the worst.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I like the changes to the baller since that is wayyyy too easy to defend against as-is. Larger explosion radius and more damage is good. Plus the knockback was crazy on it.

Also, much love for this stupid, simple change:

quote:

When talking to Murch, you can now see your money and Super Sea Snail count in the corner of the screen

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Oh god I forgot how annoying that was. Now if they could show me how many ticket charges I have before I re-queue...

At least it shows you how much money you had when you were, say, spending 20,000 to scrub some slots (but not until you are asked whether you want to spend that). But if you were rerolling or adding slots it never actually showed you at any point how many sea snails you have.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Did the update just drop at 10pm eastern?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Inescapable Duck posted:

In terrible taste:

I would legitimately have a hard time picking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Rexroom posted:

"Coming soon" - but will it be available from Ammo Knights?

Ahhhhhh, I get it it now. Tenta Brella!