Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
*in Dave Chappelle mocking white people voice* Could I please get some extra mayo on the side with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Fun fact, ketchup was a hundreds of years old Malay/Chinese sauce made from pickled fish, until some Americans tried it in the 19th century and said "what if we put tomato and sugar in this instead of fish?"

Another fun fact, mayo is garbage, if it touches your food you should put it in the trash can.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Would you prefer the next splatfest be nationalism vs neoliberalism or srirachia vs nutella?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Awesome pic. Great abilities. Look woomy. Solid. Fresh. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pic or vid clips. Thanks for the motivation.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
https://www.whompcomic.com/comic/daki-mckura

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I'd be very interested in trying a goon tournament if it gets scheduled when I'm available. I'd be down for doing it monthly or something if it goes smoothly and is fun

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Mr. Frizz warns you not to blab about it because if you press the screenshot button while you have the secret weapon, you're put on probation and can't Salmon Run for a month.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Have You Wiped With A Back Facing Roll?
Yes, and now I can only dream of crime and ruin.
> No, I choose society over chaos and filth

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

absolutely anything posted:

inklings arent from the sea and they die if they go in there

we're all from the sea, historically. and we all eventually die in the sea

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Is this lemons vs Lemonbusters?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Before, my terrible plays were private. Now with the clip feature, if I play with goons I'm going to get twitch highlighted in this thread

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Are there any more details about the photo mode being unlocked by amiibos? Like is it a thing you just unlock and can do whenever or do you need to tap an amiibo anytime you want to take a photo? And is it amiibo only or will there be a non-amiibo way to unlock it?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Owers posted:

You need an amiibo to use photo mode, and to enable photo mode you must scan your amiibo in the plaza every time. In my opinion, they should make photo mode available to everyone, and make posing with your amiibo an exclusive feature. Everyone else can just pose by themselves like sad, lonely squids. Oh well.

That sucks. I hoped it was something like “unlocks with an amiibo or after you beat single player and reach level 50” or something. Your idea of amiibo specific models/poses/filters would also be good.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
So with 5 minutes to go and two wins/18 points needed to reach queen, I thought I had a chance. Game one...

:negative:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

WarpedNaba posted:

They socked it to ya.

https://youtu.be/8qRZvlZZ0DY

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Rexroom posted:

Are Jackie Chan movies more action or comedy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

raditts posted:

What is a "hurtbox"

The collision mesh that determines whether the projectile hits or misses a target. The 2.2.0 patch notes had the change for Dualies of "Slightly increased the size of hit detection between each shot and the player, making it easier to hit an opponent." Apparently slightly was supposed to be 1.25x bigger, not 1.5x bigger.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Shinmera posted:

No idea, I did it piece by piece, just playing a few levels when I didn't feel like doing online stuff. Each stage takes between 1-5 minutes per weapon, so that's: (27 stages + 5 bosses) * 9 weapons * ~2.5min avg = ~12 hours, I guess.

Edit: I kept my attention by setting goals like trying to kill octolings as efficiently as possible, or getting through the stages as fast as I could, etc.

The world record for 1000% speedruns is 13 hr 47 min.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_O23MjWZxI&t=51s

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I missed the first two, so that's something to look forward to

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

AfroGunsou posted:

pearl has her eyes closed shes not even watching the cherry blossoms. marina is the clear winner yet again

Marina is just rubbing the hanami dango on her face and not eating it. Neither of them are good at this holiday, the only possible winner is Mr. Grizz

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

The Bloop posted:

Since lying by definition requires volition, free will cannot be a lie

Lying requires intention, but does intention imply volition?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Is it too late to change my side to Team Chicken?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

In Training posted:

Anyone who votes "egg" is a godless heathen.

Can confirm.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I love the 80s aesthetic to the Octo Expansion logo

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Dr. Fetus posted:

Octo Expansion is not a part of 3.0.0. All we were told was "summer", though the eShop says 7/31. Though that could just be a placeholder date.

I want the expansion sooner rather than later, but I can't imagine marketing can resist releasing Octo Expansion on 8/8/18

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How do you manage discord and switch audio at the same time?

I use the ear buds that came with my iPhone and just put them in one ear

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

The Bloop posted:

Those definitely wouldn't be abused while seabagging

You don't see emotes from the opposing team, which is why they seabag.

I think a "danger" emote would be useful for when someone pings that they are going to jump to you. You can't convey "Here is not safe" with "Booyah" or "This Way", unless you intentionally die so you can say "Ouch"

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Pug Rodeo posted:

It took me a couple months, because I could only take 2-3 matches at a time.

Maybe you just don't like Splatoon and you would enjoy spending your time doing something else.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
A statistically significant 20-8 for Team Don. Wrap it up, Michaelangailures

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
All squids are beautiful and genderfluid.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is there any thing you can do about a Baller, other than running away from it?

If you throw a bomb at them, it does a fair bit of knockback and screws with their momentum, making it much harder for them to chase you.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Dr. Fetus posted:

You need a Splatoon related amiibo, yes.

And it's the most aggravating thing considering how awesome the screenshot and filters are in BotW and Mario Odyssey.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Elman posted:

Any game can be an esport if you have the money to spare. Microsoft could hold a minesweeper tournament with a ten million dollar prize pool if they wanted to. That doesn't necessarily mean much.

That said, do they not have dedicated servers for tournament matches, at least?

It’s still P2P, but in a LAN so connection issues aren’t a problem.

Besides, all the high level minesweeper players don’t use Microsoft’s version.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Guy Goodbody posted:

Splatzones is the best Ranked mode. All the other modes people only play because they're waiting for Splatzones to rotate back up

I wish that the Thunderdome Shifty Station from a while ago would become a new ranked mode. Basically like Splatzones, but every 30 - 60 seconds, the zone(s) become locked off and whoever won it keeps it. Then, everyone moves to trying to control a different zone (or pair of zones)

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It has to reset the hub to open/close the gate to GrizzCo.

Presumably the hub doesn't stay in memory during games. When you leave a lobby because maps rotated and Salmon Run has opened/closed, it could just load the hub with the gate open/closed without the intro. I think it's more the case that they want to announce that SR is available rather than a technical issue like that.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Serenade posted:

Found these awhile ago, don't know if they're a legit source but they do let you say "I'm gay" in a text that only other gay people will read.

[e] [ke]
[i] [ji]

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Serenade posted:

Now this isn't really a game for grinding, but hypothetically, if someone kept buying all the clothes even if they had no use for them yet,

Where do you get lots of money

Do lots of Salmon Run, you get money as a reward directly, duplicates of the Grizz Co gear that can be exchanged for money, and meal tickets for coin boosts

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

unpronounceable posted:

I wonder how the servers are doing between the Splatfest and Aces

Splatoon 2 and Aces are both peer to peer, so if Nintendo’s matchmaking servers can’t hold up, maybe they need my :20bux: more than Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
In theory, the popular choice should win 75% of the time, since the unpopular choice needs to win two coin-flips to take it. In reality, the results are 14-17 in favor of the unpopular choice. What's interesting though is that for Splatfests where multiple regions participated (for example, Pulp vs No Pulp was both North America and Europe), the popular choice has a terrible record of 1-7. You'd expect the solo and team results to be close to a coin flip because with a large group of players and a decent matchmaking system should trend towards most players winning half of the time. What I assume is happening is when they combine the results of different regions, you have two or three different pools of players that only play and get matched within their pool, and when the results of these pools are combined, it introduces a bias toward the unpopular side.

So if you want to be strategic and earn those extra 3 snails the winner gets, choose the side you think will be popular if it's a single region Splatfest and the side you think will be unpopular if it's a multi-region Splatfest.