Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Coolspaz posted:

Are there any clear "must have" abilities? I figure fast respawn and slow their respawn could be useful any others?

Ninja jump, totally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Peewi posted:

For some reason it's not in the app, it's in the in-game schedule.

It's also in the app :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

The current one is. They're asking about upcoming ones which are not.

Ooooh, yeah. Dang it should have that!!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

mutantmanifesto posted:

Can someone link the discord?

I feel like an idiot because I can't find it and really want to do salmon runs with goons.

C'mon in! https://discord.gg/4kEWbYc
Once you're authed and all that, type !join-role Squid Kids into the chat box if you want to be pinged for stuff

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Onean posted:

a drawing of an anthropomorphized animal isn't inappropriate by itself.

This is true and would maybe be an out if nearly all the furry art posts didn't scream "FURRY" in them directly referring to the fetish

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Gorp posted:

Freshness is wonky as hell. I win 7 ranked games in a row but can't win a single turf war because my weapons of choice (Jet Squelcher/Dynamo) aren't effective there.
I still hit the top of the boards but it's not enough, though to be honest I would rather take my bad luck there.

Oh yeah? I think maybe it depends a lot on the maps. Just did a few TWs trying out the jet squelcher this morning and had great success, both personally and for team victories. If you're on the maps with good verticality, like Moray or Main Stage, JS is nearly untouchable.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Re: chargers in ranked, I don't disagree, but did have one positive experience in one of the first dual League battles I played. Iirc I was going Nzap and my buddy was going splat roller, and we got paired with two chargers for rainmaker. We groaned and expected the worst, ended up winning the match with a KO. To their credit, our chargers did a great job of splatting anyone who came onto our side of the map, and actually moved forward(!!!) to provide cover when my bud and me were making end runs.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

pokeyman posted:

I was serious about Brella tips before but got no serious answers. Anyone have anything? I’m trying the obvious "you’re outranged by everything so don’t engage straight on", but I feel like I’m missing something.

I barely have spent time with it so I don't feel qualified; but I have observed a few general things. Its range isn't so bad, and like most weapons, you usually want to be engaging targets near the max end of it. Always be using your sub and special to distract or slow down targets for easier ganks - also like everything else, better to wait until they're looking the other way or have some ink on them. Enemies have a reactive tendency to aim for your shield when deployed, so if you're backing up a buddy in a firefight look to pop it out for the partial cover and to draw that aggro - your teammate should clean up.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

I don't like the switch to one splat zone, I liked the slugfest of 2. Made the matches more active and closer to a "competitive" turf war

Some maps have 2

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

Ah yeah. I've only been able to play like2 games of splat zones there but yeah. Being that close is largely pointless

Disagree, splat zones on Manta is fantastic and it'd be totally different and bad if there was only 1

...no comment on Moray

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lakbay posted:

What the hell did they consider chunk farming an exploit?

It didn't help splatfest matchmaking to have people constantly jumping out to scrub the first slot over and over, this is a good change

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
A goonfest is a really good idea. I think doing teams probably makes sense, but I've got zero know-how of tournament organizing. I know the Rocket League goons have run like three successful for-fun goon tournaments - here's their most recent thread, just for reference and inspiration.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm excited

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh cool thanks. And besides the app there's no other way to check a win/loss ratio right? I haven't actually tried to download it, but I figure it won't be supported on an old phone. This is often the case.

If you're ok running a computer program instead, SquidTracks is a great alternate SplatNet client that keeps track of win/loss data and a bunch of things besides

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ImprobableRepulsiveEft.webm

https://github.com/hymm/squid-tracks

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Gaffle posted:

Steam controller's got gyro. though the trackpad is goofy compared with a stick and it's kinda huge and awkward to hold compared with a nintendo controller

You can also use the Steam Controller support with PlayStation 4 controllers, i.e., gyro everything with (imo) the best PC controller

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I really wish S2 had a built-in instant replay thing, nobody really wants to type out let alone read hype game moments.

https://fat.gfycat.com/SmallMilkyIrishterrier.webm

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

How could you do that to a Callie fan....

They made me :qq:

Improbable Lobster posted:

The screenshot button is supposed to eventually do that

Yeah I remember reading an interview that said they'd like to do that, it'd be a great feature-add.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

g0lbez posted:

Trying to kill Steelheads with the eliter is terrible. What's the point of a charger with no scope or range

Eliter has loads of range, if you're not using it the problem is you my friend.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dr. Fetus posted:

You should be able to win with any weapon set. Don't bother blaming your team for your losses in Salmon Run. Or any game mode.

https://fat.gfycat.com/FilthyHideousKinkajou.webm

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Embrace the rap gremlin

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Gonna create an EU alt to sabotage the backroll debauchers

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
My favorite dpad, and I swear it's just plain the best, is on the GBA SP. And honestly the joycon faux dpad feels a lot like it. It's good. I have a DS4 and I love it, but the dpad on there still isn't great.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really wish Splatoon 2 had seasonal clothing events. Gettin' real jealous of Overwatch over here.

In that vein, it sure would be nice if Rocket League could come out on switch before its halloween event ends :(

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Gorp posted:

As if English wasn't complicated and nonsensical enough.
When do we get a squid alphabet.

http://frozenpandaman.github.io/inkling.html

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
This is a great new feature. Broadly recommend gfycat.com as a hosting service for those who want to go the step of grabbing the files to upload them

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Center tower looks a looot shorter. I bet it'll be good

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is paying for pirated amiibo really a good idea over just pirating your own amiibo? Those powersave things seem like a way better route if you're discarding the visual/statue aspect completely

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Same. Those ports are great

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Takoluka posted:

That's what we thought about Labs in Rocket League, and only one of those stages was ever implemented into the main game. AND THEN, the community decided that "non-standard gimmick stages" were trash and collectively voted to remove that one stage.

Three stages, sort of - :rip: Neo Tokyo and Wasteland :smith: (I don't miss the old starbase though)

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Right you are. I really do miss non-standard maps - to my mind, it was like tennis and playing on different surfaces, sort of.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Looking at them side by side makes it obvious and yeah, really sort of skeezy.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

Does the Switch have a full statistics section where you can see time played per month etc like the U had?

The closest you can get is enabling parental controls on your profile and downloading the smartphone app for same; you get a monthly summary after the end of the month. Not retroactive sadly, the first year of my data is bits in the wind as far as I know.

Manky fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

So is everyone in Splatoon really small and I just didn't realize? I assumed they were all roughly human-sized but (Octo Expansion spoilers) I've noticed that I'm putting together what appears to be a blender and unless this is a giant blender, Agent 8 is like a foot and a half, maybe two feet tall at the absolute most.

It's possible this is even more obviously shown somewhere and I missed it

Works if splatoon amiibo are actually 1:1 scale